No Thread Up That I Can See Edition
Out Of Date Links Sub-Edition
SoB Never Ever Update Sub-Sub-Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>SoB Never Ever Update Sub-Sub-Edition

SoB in February, user.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU LIAR.

DON'T YOU DARE. DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE.

12 YEARS, user. 12 FUCKING YEARS.

It's true though. You'll see. Full Plastic Sisters update in February.

PROOF. THIS HAS BEEN SAID DOZENS OF TIMES.

I can't give you proof, but trust me, okay?

LIAR. YOU MEMESTERS ALWAYS DO THIS. STOP BULLYING ME.

Aliralli, is that you?

R8 my 1500 Iron Warriors CAD:

(HQ)
Warpsmith - 125
Aura of Dark Glory

(Troops)
10x Chaos Marines - 217
2x Plasma Gun
Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher

10x Chaos Marines - 250
Autocannon
ADL with Quad-Gun

(Elites)
5x Chosen - 222
5x Plasma Gun
Rhino w/ Combi-Plasma, Havoc Launcher

Ferrum Infernus Chaos Dreadnought 165
Destroyer of Cities

(Heavy Support)
2x Rapier Battery - 150
Conversion Beamers

Forgefiend - 175
2x Hades Autocannons

Chaos Predator - 87
Havoc Launcher

I've still got 110pts to play with, which is exactly the cost of a minimum Termicide squad with three combi-meltas. Tactics-wise the Warpsmith runs along behind the Dread and Forgefiend, repairing damage and melta/flamer the shit out of anything that gets too close. ADL gets split up between the quad-gun squad and the Rapiers. Chosen either cover-hop towards the enemy and unleash on something valuable, or loiter in my deployment zone to play plasma bukkake with anyone that tries to Deep Strike.

The Predator is going to be a converted Panzer IV and can't really model sponsons without looking like dogshit, so I'm playing with the idea of a lightly armed, super-cheap Predator that can always be on the move. Havoc launcher gives a little more anti-infantry firepower if the opportunity to remain stationary comes up; it only needs to kill one Space Marine to pay for itself.

Pick holes in the list, post ways you'd counter it, obvious weaknesses it might face against your regular opponents etc, it's geared to be a fluffy take-all-comers casual list.

DO YOU SEE THE BLUE PAINT?

Blue... paint?

You're tormenting me here as well, aren't you?

Yes.

Why not add a sorcerer ML3 (exactly 110) for some psychic fun? Or another cheap lord that stays in the back and operates your adl gun with his higher BS?

NOT TODAY! ZA WARUDO!

WRYYYYYYYYYYYY

But in all seriousness, got burned out on AoS and some of the bullshit in it. A Spirit of Durthu, in a wood, with +1 Damage Relic and +1 Attack Trait, can do 49 wounds with it's sword alone.

Need somebody to math hammer how much it would do against Liberators or something.

Just irritates me that Seraphon are so utterly shit. Matched Play has destroyed them. Kroak, Ripperdactyls, Engines of the Gods and so on are just shite now.

But this is 40k, so back to that.

I honestly want SoB to be updated, but I doubt they will. The rumour was they mass deploy during Black Crusade and all get killed.

HQ; Death Company Command
Astorath (165)

Core: Death Company Strike Force
x1 Death Company Chaplain with Gilded Crozius and The Reliquary Armour (180)
x15 Death Company with Jet Packs, x1 Thunder Hammers and x2 Power Swords and x1 Power Fist (370)
x15 Death Company with Jet Packs, x1 Thunder Hammers and x2 Power Swords (345)
x15 Death Company with Jet Packs, x1 Thunder Hammers and x2 Power Swords (345)
x1 Death Company Dreadnought with Blood Talons, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun and Magma Grapples (145)
x1 Death Company Dreadnought with Blood Talons, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun and Magma Grapples (145)

Auxilary: ArchAngel Orbital Intervention Force
x5 Terminator Squad with x1 Assault Cannons (220)

Total: 2500

Crusader and AW apply to the squad with extra PF. The problem is, only Chaplains can get DC Relics. Meaning stuff like Guardian Blade, can't be used (it doesn't make sense ANYWAY, why would a Chaplain replace his Crozius with a 2H sword?). Which has lead me to believe Death Company Captains will be released some day. I hope so. Tycho is annoying as fuck, the guy is dead, remove him. It's bad enough they've given names to all the BA's Captains that we have to use them, it's even worse when they go "oh you can upgrade to this weapon that's ONLY used by the named guy who we don't give a proper unit entry too LOL because you'd like to pretend you're playing 151 years ago instead of right now".

God dammit. It'd make sense for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th Captains to maybe go mental during Baal. The others are too fleshed out to justify.

>Sorcerer ML3
I like this idea!

>Cheap lord operating ADL
Kind of pointless as it will likely spend half the game snap-shooting at ground targets, and 110pts is a very expensive upgrade for +1BS on something that's already twin-linked.

The thread is here:

>random image
>40k, not 40,000
>no Warhammer
>fucked up OP

No wonder people didn't see it.

also it's go all /pol/, I'd rather not deal with it. But, OK....

Warzone Fenris part 2 when?

Help me build my chapter.

I'm in need of a name and a logo, which is currently the Novamarine logo with red halo and black circle

Hope it gets more traction here.

>taking asscannon terminators
>taking power swords
>taking huge blobs of Death Company instead of multiple Death Company Strike Forces with cheap 5-man assault auxiliary with Meltaguns for MSU goodness

But your chapter is a manifestation of you, why would you want other peoples' filthy opinions influence your baby?

Void Knights

This is the current version of a list I'm working on. C&C?

Notes: Other than the Spawn and Herald, everything has Obsec. Lord and Sorcerer join the Spawn. Demons roll on Malefic while the Sorcerer rolls on whatever seems fit. I get 7 WC, and auto-succeed on a Summon with 5 WC due to Paradox. The Daemons are there to cap objectives while the rest of the list does its thing.

The Herald has a Disc for occasional "Splitting off" from his unit. Move 12, Summon, Turbo.

Thoughts on:
-Replacing the Havocs w/ Reaper Helbrutes? I lose actual ranged presence, but get more armor and can occasionally threaten stuff in combat. Durability is "about the same". [Meh]
-Alternately, dropping the Blight Grenades and the 2nd ML from the Herald lets me give the starting Horrors an Icon for "reduced scatter" summoning, and get the extra Autocannon for my Havocs.

==Black Crusade Detachment==
Chaos Lord w/ Mark of Nurgle, Bike, Blight Grenades, Power Fist, Sigil of Corruption - 155 [Warlord]
Chaos Sorcerer w/ ML 3, Bike, Force Axe, Spell Familiar - 145
5 Marines. Champion has Combimelta, 1 Marine has a Meltagun/Bolt Pistol, rest have Bolters/Bolt Pistols - 95
-Rhino w/ Dozer Blade - 40
5 Marines. Champion has Combimelta, 1 Marine has a Meltagun/Bolt Pistol, rest have Bolters/Bolt Pistols - 95
5 Havocs, 2 Meltaguns - 95
5 Chosen, 2 Plasma Guns - 120
-Rhino - 35
5 Chosen, 2 Plasma Guns - 120
-Rhino - 35
3 Bikers replacing two TL Bolters w/ Flamers. Champion has Power Axe - 95
3 Bikers replacing two TL Bolters w/ Flamers. Champion has Power Axe - 95
5 Havocs, 3 Autocannons - 105
5 Havocs, 3 Autocannons - 105
=Spawn Auxiliary=
2 Spawn w/ Mark of Nurgle - 72

==Daemon Ally Detachment==
=HQ=
Herald of Tzeentch on Disc w/ Paradox w/ ML 2 - 120
=Troops=
12 Horrors of Tzeentch - 108

Total: 1850

How should I expand my Tzeentch Daemons? More Tzeentch? Nurgle? CSM?

Oh, and the Power Axes for the Bikers are an experiment. Run them as "bully/beater" units to finish off smaller MSU squads (chopping up Scatbikes, etc) or threaten stuff like Reaver Jetbikes ("Cluster Caltrops? Meet Wall of Death") or so. I contemplated Meltabombs but besides Knights/T8 MCs/move-blocking tanks by threatening Death or Glory (and for that, there's always just summoning then turboing Screamers), there aren't *as* many targets they can threaten.

Use this name, it is a good name

Are you fleet? Homeworld? What's your doctrine? Tactics? WHAT?!

If you're running Iron Warriors, it would actually make sense to include several Cultist units, simply because they do use slave-soldiers for "gauging" enemy defenses (like in Storm of Iron). If you're not going to use Fast Attack anyway, another option can be to run a "Purge" detachment. Instead of mandatory troops, you have mandatory elites and can take up to 4 Heavy Supports. You lose out on Fast Attack, or taking Marks other than Nurgle (but you're not running Marks anyway).

If nothing else, it would let you split up your Rapier Battery into two. Or run 2 Predators or something.

SOON (tm) you dogfucker.

VENGEANCE FOR PROSPERO!

The Mauve Avengers

Like mentioned above, a Sorceror with the new technomancy powers could be cool, useful and fluffy.

Memery from a thread or two ago, based on seemingly unpainted models. Personally I don't think it'll catch on. It's no "THIN YOUR PAINTS".

Can I use the Stormtalon with my Dark Angels or Space wolves? I got one in the Faith & Heresy pack but I don't like ultramarines. Wondering what chapter I should paint it up as instead.

I'm in my phone so can't check my PDF, but doesn't the Purge Detachment also give up ObSec? And gain a mild flamer Andy barrage weapon buff?

The latter isn't much noteworthy, but the former can be important depending on what kind of games Iron Warrior user will be playing. Then again, a lot of people i know just play straight up kill points so maybe for him it won't matter

why did the necrons ally with the imperium if the imperium can't fight without having more casualties then the tyranids had after getting atomized by a War In Heaven superweapon

I hate you so much.

>VENGEANCE FOR PROSPERO!
>No thousand son whatsoever in this invasion
>The properine rune was probably an alpha legion trap to drawn loyalist into fenris to bomb the shit out of the Wolves
Alpha legion better thousand sons than the thousand sons themselves.

>Purge detachment is listed as R&H
>Can be taken by CSM but doesn't say so anywhere but in the detachment rules
Looks tasty. Cultists or an extra Pred have crossed my mind as well.

Flamers and frag missiles can upgrade to Shred + Gets Hot for free; barrage templates create dangerous terrain until the next turn. Synergises much better with Traitor Guard which can have plenty of Veterans with three Flamers doing drive-by's in Chimeras and shitloads of artillery.

Why does it say the physical deathwatch codex is no longer available?

>But your chapter is a manifestation of you
Sperglord detected

Looks like some kinda Emperor's Children loyalists.

My ass no Thousand Sons! Basically every rumour from every reliable source said we'll get rubric variants. Considering how hard shit is hitting the fan with the 13th Black Crusade/8th Edition, I am willing to bet money the Primarchs will return (rumoured too)

The khorne fags expected new berserkers, guess what they got? Single character, now bend over and prepare to only receive plastic Ahriman

Atia and Sadpanda have spoken. Be gone, shitposter!

I'd like input on a name (something I particularly dont care for) and a logo

Will do.

I have yet to roll on the chapter creation charts, It's just a regular chapter, at least for the moment.
Now I need help with the logo, which is the Novamarines halo and skull, but I'm looking into replacing the skull, maybe.

Look into your heart user, you know this to be true.

That's a big concern, and also the Soul Drinkers.

Unluckily for me, I didnt think of any of those two chapters when I made the color scheme, and my alternative color to purple was teal, which is the Sons of Horus color, so....

Anyways I will try to make them look 40k and different.

FUCKING BLUE PAINT!!!

I want to add a Deathwing Strike Force onto my Dark Angels. It needs 1 HQ and 2 Elites so I was thinking an Int Chap with the Mace of Redemption in a 5 man Command Squad with 2 TH/SS, an Apothecary, some cyclones (and maybe a chainfist or even third, but I havent calculated those in yet). For my second elite it seems like I can just take a Ven Dread (with Multimelta and Powerfist) in a Drop Pod.
This would add about 600 pts to my list with only 8 models (including the drop pod).
I really wanted to get a ven dread and this seems like the best way to add them.

To trust is to invite deception, purge the heretic!

BEEP BOOP FUCK THE LOYALISTS

Because the physical deathwatch codex is no longer available?

How do you deal with the density of the game when going in? Like im sure i could pick up whatever the latest edition corebook is and get a good grasp of rules and current state of the fluff, but where do i go to get the more meta aspects of the history like how part x of the setting is different then it was in older editions and how people react to that

But why though? None of the others are completely sold out like that.

Popular maybe.

Start from the now, then work back.

Oh man, that's hilarious

Tell me that's just written on, and not actually engraved into the mould.

Who here is prepared for the buttdevastation when GCults are strictly better Orks and make greenskin armies obsolete.

Genestealer Hybrids are already a million times better than orks in CC, the only issue they have is their lack of assault transports.

I really see no point in orks anymore.

What are they about? What are they good at?

>Ork boy
>WS 4 BS 2 S 3 T 4 I 2 A 2+1 Ld 7 Sv 6+
>Beat themselves up with Mob Rule
>6 pts per model

>Acolyte Hybrid
>WS 4 BS 3 S 4 T 3 I 4 A 2+1 Ld 8 Sv 5+
>Fearless and Rending
>7 pts per model

Kek. Watch them get a better version of ramshackle on their transports too.

Nobs

Being NPC bad guys to give space marines something to beat up on.

Anyone? Debating adding a Nurgle Start Collecting! Box, but part of me thinks I should wait and see what the next WZ: Fenris drops. J

What do you currently have?

Yeah I would wait on the book if your on a budget and want more tzeentch toys.

Adding nurgle means youll be punishing yourself with either gods favour.

I'd personally add space marines.

Look into the Dark Vengeance chosen or picrelated, from EvilCraft miniatures

Can my OC Space Marine chapter be Blood Angel offshoots who love geometry?

Lord of Change, 2 Princes, 40ish horrors, 4 counts-as Exalted Flamers, and a Changeling that I use a normal Herald since the new rules are shit. I use Dryads for counts as stuff, too, like flamers. I also have a horror riding a screamer that is what's left of my 5th edition Chariot.

Yea, that was a concern, but it could be worse I guess.

A bit of a budget, yea. I am doing a project for this new LGS, so I might have comp coming.

If I went with CSM, then I'd wind up having a lot of bad units marked with Tzeentch. It's an idea I've had for awhile.

Chosen can be good in a demon army.

A sorcerer also.

And cultists. Hordes of cultists.

Evil Craft has some very demonic looking space marines

So Abaddon convincingly beat up Kharn and got him to yield.

But what about the other three? Ahriman, Typhus, and Lucius. If they will write stories about Abaddon fighting them, how will the Warmaster fare against them?

If that was that other picture, I agree, but I like having the official stuff because it prevents bitching from all fronts. It's why I avoid FW, too.

You're a superlative cuck

I'm a Slav and my favourite faction are Tau.

Ahriman would likelt take trade of knowledge for his allegiance, brute force not appealing.

Lucius.. i have no idea, he can match Abby in skill and speed

Typhus is hard to predict as well.

Why would Abaddon want to beat up unruly and deranged Lucius?

Why would Abaddon want to get close to Typhus?

Why would Ahriman want to come next to Abaddon or serve him in any way?

They've all worked with or for Abaddon in the past before. Hell, there was even an Apocalypse formation that had all five of them in it.

It wouldn't surprise me if he managed to beat each one of them individually and get them to swear loyalty to him, though. Even then, they'll still likely have an incredibly long leash, as the Black Legion usually grant.

>le cuck maymay!!! xDdDdd!!!

If you're steaking with Daemons, then regular Screamers. The Screamerstar is not what it used to be but having several units for summoning would be key for grabbing objectives, etc.

If you want "more Stompy", then Soulgrinders are always fine. The Forgehost formation in particular is nasty.

If "Chaos" in general is more your thing, then there's always the option to combo off a "Helcult" (2 units of Cultists and a Dread) and a Murderpack. Grab two Dreads, and 2 or so Maulerfiends.

Good luck!

Ahriman wouldn't really give a shit so long as he is given relics and books. Lucius might fight him because of the duelist's pride schtick but he'll get his ass beat. He's a DEX build going up against an SL 711.

Fuck knows what Typhus would do. He does serve Nurgle singularly but he sows despair. He wouldn't have the whole "my god demands I kill the worthiest champions" thing so he'd likely join without a grievance.

>They've all worked with or for Abaddon in the past before.

The new lore says that the 13th Black Crusade was the only Crusade were Kharn (grudgingly but) willingly worked with Abaddon. Previously Kharn was just a wandering disaster that stumbled from one battlefield to the next with no master save Khorne himself.

I am not sure other the other guys history with Abaddon.

I was heavily considering Grinders as something pretty durable. The main reason I don't have at least one is that they've always been pricy($$) for a single model that that can die to a single shot compared to say demon princes.

Screamers are definitely on my list. I had a pack of metal ones, but they're currently a mess from the aforementioned chariot.

Grabbing half of the DV box wouldn't be hard is imagine. Are the Hell brutes any good? I remember hearing they were sketchy.

Books are printed in batches, not continuously. So when one batch runs out you have to wait on a new batch to be produced.

I guess the first print run might have sold quicker than they thought. Or maybe they're incompetent, I dunno.

Helbrutes are still fairly sketchy, but they're "potentially" semi-usable nowadays. They do get some formations to help out though:

There's the Helcult, which lets a Helbrute grant 2 units of Cultists Fearless (or Zealot if destroyed), and the Cultists in turn give the Helbrute a 3+ cover save.

And then there's the Hellforged Warpack, which gives you a Warpsmith and 3-5 CSM Walkers. You can have the "second" Helbrute be your Pack Alpha for an inbuilt 4+ Invulnerable Save, while using the rest of the formation to throw out a bunch of Maulerfiends, and in theory have the Warpsmith hide in one of the Cultist units from the previous formation.

That said, running a CSM CAD would probably be nowhere as convoluted, and get you Maulerfiends all the same.

How many of the same detachment can you have in a CaD?
Like, the Inquisition detachment is very limiting, seeing how its just 1-2hq and 0-3 elites. I wanted teo take this twice, but I am not sure if that is possible.

A CAD is a type of Detachment. A "Battleforged" army is made of any number of detachments. Theoretically you could take the same detachment multiple times repeatedly. Many tournaments do restrict the number of detachments you can take though (but something like taking the Inq detachment twice would probably be allowed).

I was toying with the idea of taking a Culexus with my Thousand Sons CSM. Fluffing it as a Sorceror who uses a branch of Chaos magic that leeches energy from nearby lifeform to amp their own power, so rightly so they stay a bit away from him, but bring him along due to his raw power.

Any DA Players around to help me with All my army is rightnow is a Techmarine on Bike with Servopack, 6 man command squad, a Darkshroud, 3 bikers, 2 attack bikes and a landspeeder.

Take 3 Chaos Vindicators
Give one the Maelstrom Raider Legacy of Ruin, granting it Outflank.
Entire squadron outflanks because all it takes is one model in the unit to have that rule.

Worth it?

Whats DW give you that RW doesn't do better?

Even a Turn 2 Deepstrike is slower than RWs Scout twelve, move twelve, boost twelve.

If you're already planning on th/ss Id go for deathwing knights bro. They're ded ard and choppy AF. If you've never tried them I highly recommend it. For a command squad Id probably take the halberd and have the rest go shooty.

>>outflanking vindicators

It might be plastic Sisters, but it's Forgeworld and 30k Sisters of Silence.

Faggot

I find Deathwing Knights to be complete trash from deepstrike. If you really want them to do anything they need a Land Raider but then you are bringing a land raider.
Without the ability to assault from Deepstrike they will touch ground, stare blankly at any enemy around or cower in ruins before getting decimated by anyone who took a half-look at their dataslate.
I will agree it would be cheaper and probably more efficient to lose the TH/SS in the command squad to get more use out of your entry turn twin linked.
My RW HQ is an Int Chap with MoR so I give the DW Lib in my DWSF Foe-Smite which is S4AP4 Assault 4, Mastercrafted, Shred if you weren't aware.