client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

What's your favorite fruit, jumpers?

Penguins are a best. I haven't been to NGE, can we get a hot tub penguin like Pin Pin?

Somthing you can find in the Real World.
Mangos actually.
Rainbow Fruit from Toriko otherwise.

Also,
Four Sword [500]: This is a double-edged blade with a spear point at its tip and fuller hilt, a wide eye symbol upon the golden crossguard stares out.
When the Sword is drawn from its holder, it will cause its wielder to split apart into four separate versions of themselves, each nearly identical to the original. The sole physical differences between the different clones is the tones of their voices, some are deeper than others, and the color of their clothing (in Link's case, his different clones along with himself are colored the four aforementioned colors).
The great weakness of the Four Sword is the fact that you and your clone selves all carry the same life force into battle. Wounds on any one of the four are shared across all the four of you should one of them be fatally wounded you all will die.
You can have it so that like the non-canonical manga has depicted the Four Sword as causing the different colored clones to represent different sides of one's psyche as well. The four can work together as a team or they can work independently should the need arise as well.

New write-up of the Four Sword.

fucked the header and failed to post the pdf. It's like everyone is incompetent today.

Dammit, OP! You had one fucking job!

They didn't 'fail to post the PDF', you can't post duplicate files on a board.

Why didn't you actually post it instead of bitching?

So there was some discussion about Anima in the last thread. Most of it was centered on the magic, but I've been wondering how the psionics stack up.

How are the Mentalists and psionics in Anima?

Mildly less impressive in power. Miles more impressive when it comes to longevity. Mentalists can cast for essentially forever.

>One fucked the header
>The other forgot the pdf
Together they fight crime?

Wizard Mentalist master race.

See

because a. lazy and 2. I didn't have it handy at the moment.

Certainly not devil, those taste horrible.

Maybe... Pineapple?

Was busy last time this was being discussed. The Sword seems ridiculously powerful in its current incarnation. You're getting four times as much power in exchange for being slightly more vulnerable. Can you really offer anything else in the jump that can compare to that?

Let's see here.
Hero Capstone (Ability to teach any physical skill given time, general physical skill learning boost, and health upgrade)
Royal Capstone (Mana bar booster, Light Force access, invincible shield of golden light which burns mana, generic mana bar if you don't have one)
Mage Capstone (Vaati's Transformation Boosts stats by a bit if you chose to HUGE (30 meters tall) but by a much more signification amount if still in human ranges, also combined alt-forms)
I don't know your preference so I can't tell if anything equals it as such. And to be frank the Four Sword is the end all be all super weapon of this game in particular.

>Was busy last time this was being discussed.
No you weren't. Trying to pretend to be someone else isn't going to lend your argument more credence. There's no stated canon limit, so you cannot impose any such limit without it being nothing more than fanwank.

Let's say I buy the Kindergarten from Steven Universe to mass produce an army of Gems. Which settings would be the best for establishing lots of Kindergartens to create lots of Gems? I'm asking because I want an army for Black Crusade when it comes out, and I don't think I'm ready to tackle Supreme Commander just yet.

Ah yes, because only one person can share the same opinion. You'll also note my argument is based on balancing stuff within the jump instead of flipping out over the ability for its own sake.
Hero and Royal at least have niches that they're useful for, depending on how far the domain of physical ability stretches. Still seems like it's a setup where optimal choice for everyone is maybe their Origin capstone plus the sword. You'd be paying more CP for far less benefit picking them up cross class. Except maybe Royal for godmode with sufficient mana generation.

Jump hell, can anything in the Chain compare to that? Constantly having four bodies, minds, and power sets, is absurd.

Good points. But keep in mind also that the Four Sword is an item, not a perk. In my opinion simply the act of having the carry the thing around constantly to use its power warrants its price, making it more competitive with the other capstones which are latent abilities that don't require an item to use.

At most I'd say bump it up to 600cp even and it's fine.

Gaunlet, you should include the ability to import a weapon as the Four Sword as well.

I'd also like one honestly.

It doesn't matter if he offers it, people can just take it. It's a canon, physical item.

>fought Levianthan to a standstill
Not really. He didn't even really hurt Levi. I mean, that guy who fucked with time portals blasted Behemoth down to a skeleton and Behemoth was still fully functional. There's no way Lung did even half that much damage. Leviathan -let- Lung win.

>Giving Lung a weapon that can hurt virtually anything.
Bad call, user. Lung is petty little warlord who consistently refuses to live up to his power. He's also a massive asshole and more likely to kill you for thinking he's too weak to fight with just his power or something. He's not a clever man.

>how did you kill Behemoth?
Charisma.
Here me out.
Step 1: Convince Scion that the afterlife exists, and that Eden is waiting for him. Charisma and soul manipulation powers and/or virtually any form of magic will make this fairly easy, because Scion is an idiot, and lacks any amount of imagination.
Step 2: Convince him that if he kills all the Endbringers and then himself in the least destructive way possible it gets him a golden ticket straight to Eden and infinite energy and matter in the next life.
Step 3: Kick back and relax for the next ten years. Maybe film that shit, could be fun to watch.

The in-game version repels evil, and can't be touched by those of impure heart. So good luck for basically any Jumper.

>Use Any Magic Item
>That Dragonlance perk that lets me count as Good whenever I want.
I got this.

>Dragonlance
Just how fucking broken is that jump? Remind me again why it's on the drive.

>Spider shark
NOPE.

Say what you want but all anyone talks about is how fucked up it is. It's a lower power D&D setting that lets people buy hundreds of levels. How is that not just a power grab by the creator? How does that alignment perk even make sense for the setting?

Blow me off if you want, but you can't defend that shit. The only reason you let it on the drive is because it lets you have broken shit.

Junji Ito man, he needs a jump.

It looks... worse actually, like a /cyborg/ spider shark.

Dear god. I suddenly understand why Exterminatus is a thing.

Because fuck you.

That's why.

Don't reply to him.

>Exterminatus
Did someone say my name? It sounded like someone said my name.

It's a good thing I picked up Pure of Heart from Skullgirls as soon as possible, then isn't it? In addition to picking up "You're always you" perks and several other perks that allow me to maintain my morality and selectively excise my flaws like that one from Power Rangers, I could probably pick it up no problem.

Thanks for proving my point, user.

Cyborg spider sharks user. CYBORG SPIDER SHARKS. EXTERMINATUS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION LEFT TO US.

Well, at least it can't fly. ...Right?

Fear not, citizen. By my faith in Holy Terra I will purge the unclean and destroy the mutant. Pray for me.

that's not the problem, the problem is the scale. It's not just "CYBORG SPIDER SHARKS" it's so Cyborg spider every God damn fish in the ocean.

Thank you for keeping it polite.

>Jump hell, can anything in the Chain compare to that?
Not arguing any form of Inter-Jump balance, just answering your question.
So to make a list of clones that have your powers:
1. Shadow Clones (Naruto) caveat on hit wonder, shared Chakra pool. (Bypassed via Chakra Cloaks and have Huge Reserves mostly)
2. Body Outside Body (D&D) caveat spell duration and rarity. (Bypassed via Metamagic)
3. Self Duplication (Teen Titans) caveat is each, after the first, is half as strong as it's predecessor after the first. (No known work around)

>Bump it up to 600.
Maybe, what does the Thread think?

>Weapons Import as the Four Sword.
Perhaps though only if it is already a melee weapon if I do it.

This is also a thing.

What makes you impure of heart. Also False Balance (Age of Wonders) & Use Any Magic Item (Overlord: The Series).

Guy who made Uzumaki, Gyo, and Hellstar Remina. Oh god why?

Actually a Sororitas Jump-packing in with dual-wielding flamers is basically exactly what is needed here .
Dear fuck that thing is scary.

Wait what? Dear fuck Junji!

Yes, he does.

Just get over to King Arthur and pick up the "eats things" enchantment. That shit is ridiculously useful, especially since it's a regular enchantment, meaning you can learn how to cast it on other items.

Well alrighty then. Exterminatus it is.

We need more horror jumps, desu.

I'd say 600 CP sounds fair, it's a capstone item.

WHY DOES THAT PLANET HAVE AN EYE?! WHY IS IT CALLED HELLSTAR!?

*PANIC*

yeah, I won't spoil things but it also escalates from there.

Shadow Clones split your chakra pool, so your powers would likely be split by analogy.

Body outside Body specifically forbids them from using spells or use spell-trigger or spell-completion items. So all your magic is right out.

Self Duplication diminishes your power.

I'd say have them all draw from the same resource pool, bare minimum.

Well, I found what my new alt-form is going to be.

BoB does allow psionics and any other technically not magics that you might use.

DMC has the Doppelganger style, which creates temporary copies with all your powers just for fighting. And, just so people know, there are other clone jutsus aside from shadow.

Because it eats planets.

>So to make a list of clones that have your powers:
4. Hivemind (Libriomancer) Caveat that the clones are at half strength.
5. Tweedlified (Alice Through the Looking Glass) Somehow doesn't double your power. Still don't get how it works, Alice jumps are odd.

There are more, these are just the ones off the top of my head.

>Maybe, what does the Thread think?
600 seems fine. Then again, I'd be good with 500 too. It's not that unique, and balanced out by it being an item.

>Perhaps though only if it is already a melee weapon if I do it.
Thirding this motion. Importing a melee weapon would be cool.

Powers? Nah. Pools of energy? Sure. But jumpers have access to so much energy that it's practically a moot point.

Self Duplication does not diminishe your power at all, each clone is 50% weaker than the last one.

But the sword clones drawing power from the same pools makes sense.

Franken Fran with that drawback was hell.
There was so much purging with fire I thought I was in 40k or something.
The Hellstar was indeed exterminatus'd, though that was the time I realised the LoT's firepower wasn't going to cut it. Had to invent a whole new type of imploder bomb.

Keep calm and PURGE.

>Because it eats planets
What, is it fucking organic Unicron or something?

>Keep calm and PURGE.
Sounds like a party to me.

It's a typo, it only eats plants, completely harmless.

The first clone by self-duplication is 100% power. Each after that is half as good. You can also create a massive number of clones.

>An astronomer in a Japanese observatory, peering into his telescope one night, becomes the first person to witness a planet emerging from a wormhole.

Is this Val's true form?

Indeed it is.
Have a kitten.
Also here we go.

Mage’s Hat [300]: While not the omnipotent wish granting cursed artifact worn by Vaati for the current section of the Force Era, this is still a nice hat that grants a sizeable boost to skills that draw on mana. It cuts down the amount you need to spend by around half and generally makes spells easier to learn. You may Import a hat that you already own into this one, though if it is already empowered or enchanted in some way it will cost an undiscounted 50 CP. (Discount Mage)

>Capstone Item.
I'd be cool with that.

NOPE!

>Shadow Clones split your chakra pool.
I noted this.

>BoB pecifically forbids them from using spells or use spell-trigger or spell-completion items. So all your magic is right out.
And thus one is left with Kai/Ki/Psionics/Psychic/AT-Field/etc. yes, magic is shut down. Spell-like abilities and such aren't.

>Self Duplication diminishes your power.
As I noted only the clones after the first suffer the halving of power.

>I'd say have them all draw from the same resource pool, bare minimum.
I'll see what the thread says about it, but that makes sense. I can't remember if using magic with one link made all of the mana bars drain but it might have.

>DMC has the Doppelganger style.
Forgot that one.

>More Clone stuff. (Also Alice Jumps a weird)
Yes.

>600 seems fine.
Looks like I'll be shifting that.

>Thirding this motion.
Okay.

Psionics-Magic Transparency.

500 seems fine. It's better than the 400 cp perks, but not as good as the capstone perks, though I haven't seen any items. Also, the ability is tied to an item, and the main arguments against rely on the incorrect notion that the sword is better than other things in the chain (interjump balance).

What are some good uses for the "Training Takes Time" perk from Saints Row? I ask because I'm making a super money/charisma build and that seems like a good investment.

Would it work well in tandem with softcap perks? We're talking about a near endless supply of funds.

is a variant

Example:
Male Venerable Elan STP Erudite 20
Str 3, Dex 3, Con 10, Int 30, Wis 18, Cha 9
60 Hit Points; 443 Power Points; 20 Manifester Level
Power Selection: Fusion, Body Outside Body, Psychic Reformation, Greater Arcane Fusion, Schism and any 6 others.

1. Original manifests Body Outside Body (15 p.p.) creating 4 master clones (each possessing 15 hit points and 428 p.p.)
2. Each master clone manifests Psychic Reformation (7 p.p.) granting themselves a new list of 11 powers (keeping Body Outside Body, Fusion, and Pyshic Reformation).
3. Each master clone manifests Body Outside Body (15 p.p.) creating 4 clones (each possessing 3 hit points and 406 p.p.)
4. Each clone manifests Psychic Reformation (7 p.p.) granting themselves a new list of 11 powers.
5. Each master clone manifests 4 Fusions (15 p.p.) absorbing their 4 clones (granting themselves 12 hit points, 1596 p.p. and 4 new power lists)
6. Alpha Omega manifests 4 Fusions (15 p.p.) absorbing their 4 master clones (granting themselves 48 hit points, 7768 p.p. and 20 new power lists)

All concluding with the original possessing 108 hit points, 8196 power points and 21 power lists, all within a time frame of 1 minute and 12 seconds. And this handy dandy 6 step process can be continually amplified until the original possess a finite amount of hit points, power points and powers known.

Now, by going all Orochimaru on your world you can over time (thankfully you're immortal) harvest every single 8th level power and arcane spell ever known.

TL,DR: BoB is crazy in the hands of a STP Erudite.

So that's a vote for 500.

I would also vote for 500, but with a discount for the Hero origin to make it 250.

>Mage’s Hat
Oh, cool. I was looking for something else to get my mana efficiency even better.

With that, I'll get to 0.014% mana consumption.

>though if it is already empowered or enchanted in some way...
Aw. Time to pay more upgrading my witch's hat then.

Also, the items are already starting to look really cool for the jump between this, the sword, and the minish cap itself.

I'm fond of stone fruits. Anything with a pit instead of a seed case.

>cyborg spider blobfish
Not that terrifying desu

I'm and i don't really care one way or the other, 500 or 600 CP is just not that big of a deal to me, I just want more Zelda jumps.

Peaches are goat.

>0.014% mana consumption
What other "use less mana" perks/items are you using?

A /zombie/ cyborg spider shark. That spreads a cloud of the zombie plague wherever it goes. And the plague is sentient, and capable of assembling metal into more cybernetics to put into new zombies. Gyo is horrifying.

Basket weaving. Seriously if we're taliking near infinite, just place all of your money into basket weaving. Get so impossibly good at weaving baskets that it bleeds into all things you do. A martial art based on basket weaving based grapples, spells and enchantments that weave magic and souls into baskets which contain the desired effect. Obsess in one mundane area SO much that you break it down and master it at a conceptual level.

more or less what I did with fishing. Crafty's Pole ftw.

The Racial Perks are cool too, I didn't get much feedback on them. Try again?

Hylian
Hero of Men [300]: As a Hylian Hero you bear a spark of the Light Force within you, like the legendary Hero of Men once did. This is the self-same Light Force that the Legendary Hero of Men bore a century ago. With this powerful element your will is bolstered, you mind quiet and precise during combat, and above all a quiet power adds strength to your blows and makes them especially dangerous to beings who are Evil. In addition this perk allows you to tap into your latent power of telepathy that the Hylian people have all but forgotten, once upon a time it was used to communicate with the Goddesses but now only acts as a nigh perfect form of willing one-way telepathy, your telepathic reach extends to the edges of the kingdom’s borders to start with and will grow with time however it seems that dimensional barriers prevent such magics from working.

Picori
Restoring Legends [300]: As a Picori you bear the blood of the legendary smiths and craftsmen who forged legends like the Picori Blade. Your skill with craftsmanship is innately high and your growth is much faster than it usually would be, but where you truly shine is in the creation and restoration of magical arms and armor. If you were given the shards of the Picori Blade and a place to forge the legend you could restore it with a little time, though it would need to undergo the rites that magically empowered it once more, and this talent for magical craftsmanship extends to all of your abilities. If you have this ability as well as a way to tap into an element, such as a Mage’s Magic, you could craft items that use that in element or combination of elements in unique ways, such as the Gust Jar, and if you somehow had access to the Light Force you may even be able to produce the fabled Light Arrows, which scorch away all evils in their passing and can be invested with energy from the Light Force readily.

>Basket Weaving.
Do we have a Circle of Magic Jump? I loved that series.

No but see, Sting affected objects require you to constantly affect it, so you can stop doing it. Sting affected bullets that are flying through buildings get stuck in them if you stop the power. So if Lung uses it for anything else, yeah, bad call.

We do.

Here's my list. I'm missing a few, because I'm too lazy to go through ~400-ish builds to find them again.

perks:
>Circulation Magic, Elona (10%cost reduction)
>Refined Spellcasting, Dresden Files ("do a hell of a lot with very little")
>Survivor, Iji ("considerably cheaper and more powerful")
>Extract, Dragon's Crown ("Low-level magical attacks generate more mana than they cost, provided the attacks are against animate enemies and are successful.")
>Enchanter, Morroblivion (depends on the enchantment, can get pretty gud)
>Resource Management, Dahak Chronicles (specialized in tech and people, but does affect magic to a lesser extend)
items:
>Golden Stud, Chrono Trigger (75%cost reduction)
>Ring of Elru, Overlord (50%cost reduction, 2x effect)
>Celestriad, FF6 ("greatly reduces the amount of energy, mana, MP, and the like that it takes to cast any sort of spell")
>Eye of Set, S&S (10x effect, for the same cost)

So I dunno if DevilSurvivorAnon is here but I got a question.

Can you companion Abel with in jump options? He technically doesn't have his own route, so the non-route companion would work but he is more powerful than them, like the route companion, but it;s unclear.

Also, the Kudlak drawback, it chooses one of the imported companions at random?

>+1000 Fishing skill

... Why? What would that even do? What could this even accomplish outside of a game context?

What happens if you have both the Royal Capstone and Hero of Men? DOUBLE LIGHT FORCE POWEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!?

Well, I just didn't give feedback because they looked good to me. No need to really critique, I think they're neat concepts. Not too powerful on their own, but opening potential for some cool tricks if you work at it.

So in order to make Light Arrows, you would need both racial perks? Also, I'm very pleased to see more magical blacksmith stuff. I might end up going Picori, and just use that one Mage perk to gain a Hylian form like Vaati did.

So. Much. Love.

Stacks up to grant larger access to the Light Force, which is suspected to be the real curse breaker effect in Minish Cap channeled through the Four Sword, also huge Generic Mana Pool at that point.

Ah thanks for that, last time it just looked like no one cared one way or the other. I can only figure out if I'm doing things right if I get feedback.

1675 fishing skill in total, not including perks from beyond WoW and lures. I alone keep the world safe from the Deep Ones.

>Celestriad, FF6 ("greatly reduces the amount of energy, mana, MP, and the like that it takes to cast any sort of spell")
Note that the item in the game gives all spells 1 mp costs, so if it works like that then it's pretty great.

Is it just you that asks an SMT question every single thread, or are there more anons asking? Not mad, just curious.

>Can you companion Abel
>I forgot to add an Abel companion option
...you know what? I should probably add that.

Yes, though if you didn't import any he'll pick a companion from your roster.

Eh, it's still pointless giving it to Lung.
You want to kill Endbringers without Scion and without doing it yourself?
Get Alexandria. She's virtually indestructible, minus that whole needing to breath thing. A tinker air tank could probably help with that.
And she's at least an order of magnitude stronger than Lung.

Since we're talking about Worm, does anybody have any clue what the Sleeper can do? I've seen lots of theories but no solid canon.

Nope. All we know is that Taylor thought he was too much effort to collect when she was gathering up literally every other Cape.

You have two options really.
Royal Capstone & Hylian Racial Perks both grant access to the Light Force.

There needs to be more builds like this one. Are there any other things like that fishing pole that would give someone a massive boost on a specific mundane task?