Vechiles of the imperium

any one have some good examples this is from imperial guard collecting guide from back in the day.

Other urls found in this thread:

victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/apc-wheel-and-suspension-kit
wh40klib.ru/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dave Taylor fucking rules, even if he does have a terrible haircut.

what are the best wheels to use to replace the taurox ones? I didn't really want to but then realized I could make some reaper batterys cheap with the tracks maybe 2 or 4 sets so need some wheels or some thing. I think I might put my taurox with sisterish sorta part of army so I'm thinking schoolbus look

victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/apc-wheel-and-suspension-kit

>Reverse looted trukk
This makes me uncomfortable

mfw orks loot the reverse looted truck

That actually makes it look decent, but it must dwarf many other vehicles.

Have you seen a maxpro or mrap in real life? They are fuck huge.

IG really needs some basic utility vehicles even if the stats for them suck

Bumping with half-track Chimera.

There's one constantly mentioned in the canon, the cargo-series, ranging from the cargo-6 to the cargo-20.

That doesn't makes them pretty sadly.

Trojan (ammo carrier and artillery tractor), Atlas (recovery vehicle) and to some extend the Centaur (artillery tractor, light transport).

I find the lack of Combat Engineering Vehicles disurbing, if only because I want the words Leman Russ Erector to become canon.

What kit is this?

It's called the Atlas and FW made a kit for it for a while. I'm sure the rules still exist.

Base kit is a sdkfz 250/9 neue Ausführung in 1/35
(the shorter german half-track with recon turret and flat engine hood)

Looks like a 1/48 scale Sd.Kfz. 250/9 with the Sd.Kfz. 222 turret and 20mm autocannon.

There is no sdkfz 250/9 in 1/48 on the market, but it would be to small anyway. Its a 1/35 kit on the pic.

Just assumed, seeing that often 1/48 kits are 40k size while 1/35 are often quite large.

It works for bigger tanks, but small vehicles like that are way to small for the bulky heroic gw minis.

2nd one looks more like an orc vehicle

Did someone say armoured cars?

Noice. Humber?

Indeed it is. This is Owen Rees armoured car from White Dwarf 318.

And another.

Bump for more stuff

That WD always made me salty because when I first read it I was overcome with grief at the guard's lack of wheeled AFVs.

God it looks so much better with wheels.

everytime I see this it pisses me off for two major reasons

1. Either nobody at GW ever considered the idea that it should have tires, because even the most brain-dead sumbitch could tell this looks better in every way. Or...

2. They did, and gave it those stupid fucking tracks just to try and prevent people from buying generic 3rd party trucks, not realizing people were just going to do it anyways.

Because it actually looks like a functional vehicle with tires.

But muh rough terrain modifications!

Genestealer cultists should be getting a wheeled truck, so I'm sure people can use those for their Taurox needs.

Its sad when cultists and their vehicles look better than actual guardsmen

We haven't seen the actual model yet, so hold your horses. Also, IG models are like 3e, what do you expect? Old Genestealer cultists aren't exactly hot shit either.

I still don't trust Victoria, but I have to admit these look nice.

That's... That's CG, right? No one in their right mind would spend that much money on models, right?

>Old Genestealer cultists aren't exactly hot shit either.

Exactly. And the new ones are awesome. Thats the point.
But apparently GW thinks guard minis are so extremely good they can stay the same for 15 years..

>But muh rough terrain modifications!

I know you're being sarcastic, but I'm triggered enough to respond to it.

The Taurox tracks are not made for rough terrain because they have virtually zero suspension and the tracks aren't designed in the triangular shape that RT mods need (like in your pic). It just has all of the problems tracks have with none of the benefits.

This is GW headquarters diorama, mang.
This isn't even one of the bigger ones.

Khurasan Miniatures 28mm Federal Army Caiman Heavy APC.

Maybe as a Crassus heavy transport?

Yeah, it's a display at Warhammer World, I think.

I'd totally fucking do it with my Renegade Guard if I could afford that much, though

Or they haven't gotten around fixing them because they don't know what to do and people buy the old ones just as well? Remember, those new Eldar bikes were first presented in like 2008 or something. They've sat on those models for almost a decade.

And a Polecat. Don't know if it could work as a Taurox or a Tauros.

>Khurasan Miniatures 28mm Federal Army Caiman Heavy APC.
>Maybe as a Crassus heavy transport?
Not nearly big enough.

>LITERALLY the transport from Aliens
Who the fuck are they trying to fool?

>I still don't trust Victoria,
huh?
I ordered from her without any problems and the quality was great.
Just takes a while to go around the world from Australia.

I would buy from her again without hesitation.

Only the lawyers, user.

Big is beautiful, don't try and force youre ridiculous standards on all military vehicles.

#TacticalAtEverySize

I just want to go on record saying this is a hideous model for a few reasons. One, either they changed things to prevent a cease & desist from Fox, or half-assed it from badly-remembered details. Either way it's ugly as shit. Two, the cast quality is abysmal. To explain why I have to tell a little story. Decades ago my father picked up some of the legendary Halcyon model kits, including the Aliens ones. It's worth mentioning that the APC kit was 1:18 scale and the dropship 1:72. Like many other modelers my dad wanted a 1:72 APC to go with the dropship. He got ahold of one of the very rare 1:35 APC kits, cast it, and then downscaled the molds to approximately 1:70 (he once explained the technique but suffice to say he's a fucking wizard). That downscaled, home cast bodge job resulted in APC castings that make this thing look like utter shit.

To wit, user, I do think it's more the first.
You can recognize it, but you couldn't say it's anywhere near the same.

My own contribution to the motor pool. Finished this last week.

>Not nearly big enough.

How big is the Crassus? It's based on the Macharius, which is only a tad larger than a Land Raider. From what I can find, a Land Raider is 17cm long while the Caiman is 19cm long.

Opinion noted and ignored.

It's still fuck-ugly, poorly proportioned and covered in unnecessary detail, which only serves to highlight the terrible casting quality. Pretty obviously made with the bare minimum of cost and effort.

Nice car. It reminds me of the Quad in Dune II.
I'd love to see an IG outfitted to look like Dune II actually.

Khurasan sales rep plz go.

Every time I've ordered infantry parts from her, they haven't physically fit together with each other or with GW-official pieces. Had a couple where the pieces either had bubbles or something else wrong, because the arms snapped in half under normal handling. For a much higher price than Anvil, for that matter, which I've moved to. I can only get so many sprues that are unusably fucked up before I say "no more", and four out of seven in a single order is that threshold.

OH, okay. I thought it was a fan diorama. My bad.

>people aren't interested in my opinion nobody asked for
>must be shills the lot of them

Just back and forth looting the same damn truck.

>running his mouth for (you)s
>expects to not be shat on
No one actually thinks you like the model, or that it is decent quality. I mean, the whole thing has a hump, to the point where the turrent can barely fire in a forward arc.

Please stop shitting up the thread and contribute instead.

dude that is fucking sick

The Tallarn Desert Raiders stole some of the Fremen lore to mix with their 80's "mujadeen are the good guys" tropes.

>tfw WH40k is almost literally fanfiction for Dune where the Harkonnen won and siezed the throne.
Emprah confirmed redhead.

SLUUUUUUUT!!!

>80's "mujadeen are the good guys" trope

WIth some luck we'll be able to proxy some IG liason cars with the limos.

You could have used bigger patches of brown. Current camo doesn't break the vehicle's silhouette.

The art in the trailer looks more like an industrial Taurox than a limo.

Oh I know those stereotypes had been around for decades, but 40k pulls more from things like Rambo III and the Afghan War in general.

I've bought easily $500 of stuff from Vic and never had problems.

Let her know you had problems, usually those types of companies will send out replacements pronto.

>Kasrkin camo
>wheels
>took the stupid side mounted weapons that shoot dismounting passengers and out them on the turret

10/10, GW is retards and fucked up their own kit to the point we have to fix it. Well done user

>wanna make a motorized valhallan company
>No good 40k looking vehicles that look like BTR-80's

Shame guess I'll go mechanized with chimeras as stand in BMP's

So what are people supposed to do, just let it slide when people suggest or post models they happen to know are of poor quality?

Why not just buy some BTRs?

Just get some BTR carriers, use different wheels and 40k bitz with them. Should be glorious.

Guys, I'm so hyped for the next few months.

WAIT, doesn't chapterhouse make a chimera wheel conversion kit?

All you did was rant about how it doesn't look like the original. If you've actually bought it and know something about the quality of the material, miscasts or something do share. But you did nothing but complain about how this unlicensed product doesn't 100% like the original (gee, wonder why that is).

>chapterhouse
user, I...

I am not him, I was just commenting on the stupid precedent your post would set.

And he also criticised the casting quality.

>I was just commenting on the stupid precedent your post would set.

Yeah, god forbid people stopped shitposting and contributed.

>he also criticised the casting quality.

By telling us a little story how their uncle, who totally works for Nintendo, did a better job casting a model in a cave.

If he had actually bought the mini and could do a comparison to another mini people could buy, his story would have some meaning. Now it's just pointless shitposting with nothing to back it up, other than his opinion on a picture.

It's actually red, I haven't figured out how to white-balance this new camera just yet. But thanks for the thought, I'll try it next time.

Why don't you stop truing to fuck up the thread, posting pictures does not give you a license to be a dick. You are not saving face by spewing vitriol at people.

I wish they had not discontinued the Salamander.

Ah, the days of being able to create your own vehicles.

wh40klib.ru/

Thank me later anons

Imperial guard vehicle guides are all there

Looks pretty good. Would look incredible with a modern Glaive cannon.

Space Marine vehicles are ugly and retarded as shit

Most marine vehicles are basically copies of stuff that exists in real life.

How are they retarded?

That looks absolutely sick, even painted to fit in with my army too. I don't suppose anyone knows what kit the side bits (wings) came from?

They don't even float.

it's kitbashed from a drop pod and some landspeeder bits.
Can't place the stormcannon though.

>needing to float when you can just drive along the floor of whatever body of water is in your path
land raider best raider

Land Speeder Vengeance, Stormfang, Stormraven and Stormtalon comes to mind.

>It's designed for maximum air resistance, so it offers better protection against wind.
>I'm not sure it works that way...
>Silence, heretic!

SM Drop Pod

Your shitposting hasn't proven anything. If you had any evidence, you would have presented them by now.