Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Let's all apply to Myth-Weavers games for the fun of it! Share your applications and let's help each other! myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141&sy=50

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pathminder.github.io/base-classes/fighter-drill-sargeant-mutation-warrior-myrmidon/
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=372482
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=372783
myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38380&tg=67631
myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38380&tg=67493
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/kitsune/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/weapon-finesse-combat---final
d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Combat-Maneuvers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yo I want to make a character for the Fae game, what should I make?

Make a youkai kitsune fey sorcerer who mind controls everyone, of course!

Someone already made that!

Stupid question. I know there are custom magic items under paizo rules. Is there any way to make a custom item that just gives you a feat?

Already off to a fantastic start with this thread.

Make another one, but with reversed gender!

Eternal Blade for PoW when?

Any and all custom items exist solely at the GM's discretion. There aren't any rules for making custom magic items: Instead, those are merely guidelines for the GM to use.

If you want a custom item that's covered by those guidelines, ask your GM. If you want a custom item that ISN'T covered by those guidelines, ask your GM.

Take a look at Ioun Stones. The ones that give you a feat or some equivalent are worth 10k gold.

I'm not playing PF, just saw this thred on a front page. The content of your posts screams "one person shitposting", but the poster count says otherwise.

what the fuck, guys.

The other one is a hermaphrodite, there IS no reversed gender!

That's easy. Make one completely genderless.

Welcome to pathfinder.

But then how does they poop?

Are they like those fae creatures that compel party members of opposite genders to fuck each other while they watch?

>Kitsune
Pathfinder kitsune are furries with fox heads. They're bad kitsune.

I am actually grateful for you guys for containing the retards.

Keep up the good fight.

....I never really considered an anus a gender-specific item. Males have them, females have them, herms have them, jellyfish have them. Having a functional poopchute isn't a sexual quality, we just use it as one.

If they contained the retards there wouldn't be a retard REEEEEEEEEEEEEing and calling everyone else triggered every single time someone complained about 3.5 or Pathfinder.

Not so coincidentally, that kind of posting would get you told the fuck off here.

I think the retards reeeing any time anyone wants to talk positively about 3.5 or Pathfinder outside of this thread are the worse ones.

Nobody does that.

What alignment do you guys think a "generic" Roman or Greek soldier would have?

I'd assume a soldier would force lawful, but would they be more neutral or good?

Bullshit, every time there's a thread for either someone comes in and goes IT'S SHIT FUCK YOU PLAY 5e DIE

Neutral, maybe lawful neutral.

Yokai kitsune are a DSP variant that is literally a fox that can turn into a person.

I'll be applying for the Fae Game. No-nonsense half orc inquisitor who was kidnapped and tortured/trolled by evil fey, before they got bored and left her back. Swore vengeance and currently working for elven houses as a bounty hunter/occasional DEUS VULT on uppity fey.

>DSP
Third party shit doesn't count.

And even then that's not much of an improvement. No fluffy tails.

>No fluffy tails.
They are explicitly stated in the yokai.

What inspired y'all to play DnD?

I was playing Lord of the Rings Monopoly and thought it was fun to move my guy around and try to hit/avoid the ring of power, and I wanted to do something more in depth

As a fox. Not a monster girl. That is what I meant.

And it's STILL third party shit that doesn't count.

>still has her fucking baby fat

I hate pedophiles

>As a fox. Not a monster girl. That is what I meant.
Did you even read it, fukboi?
>Because of telltale foxlike features (such as a poorly concealed tail or sharp fangs), a kitsune with this racial trait only gains a +5 bonus on Disguise checks to appear fully human when in their human form.

Alright, so I'm trying to put together a sort of jack of all trades fighter-type character.

I'm the kind of guy who has legitimately never taken a level in fighter before in my 17+ years of playing D&D.

I'm planning to take this beautiful fucking thing right here

pathminder.github.io/base-classes/fighter-drill-sargeant-mutation-warrior-myrmidon/

So that I can actually be a real human being.

The character is level 5. The first thing I'm doing is taking Exotic Prof-Firearms and Gunsmithing because touch attacks are too good to pass up,and Tempest Gale is freaking great as a discipline. Ranged disarms and trickshooting? Fucking done.

My plan is also to take Golden Lion to enable what my group calls 'Seal Team Six'. That's where I share the feat Paired Opportunists with fucking everyone using a class ability (in this case Tactician) and then we use the free AoO from Hunting Party or the Friendly Fire teamwork feat to trigger a fucking gangrape of the target, where everyone including me gets a free attack at +4 on the poor bastard.

Because Paired Opportunists gives you a bonus on all AoOs, I was also thinking of taking a reach weapon. I want this character to have multiple weapons and be able to adapt to many situations. He's dumped CHA, so that's not a focus, but I'm trying to take at least some useful skills, mostly Perception.

So, what should I take for other weapons? Disciplines? I know there's a magic scabbard that acts like a bag of holding I'm looking at, any other magic items?

Pic related was my reaction upon seeing the Myrmidon archetype in Path of War Expanded.

Fine, fine. It's still third party.

>Alright, so I'm trying to put together a sort of jack of all trades fighter-type character.
Pick a wizard.

I've done that already several dozen times. I'm trying to challenge myself. Someone said 'play a fighter'. This is the only option.

going by the OP posts of this game, every one of you playing it is a massive faggot

is this a fair assessment?

This all depends on what their motivation for being a soldier is. And that's for you to decide. Duty to his country? Probably neutral, could be good though. To provide for his starving family? Leans a bit more toward good. Because he just wants to kill people? Maybe some evil in there.

>using guns
>ISN'T TAKING TRENCH FIGHTER

But why

Yes, but in different ways.

I fucking hate most races in the game for example. The kitsune posters are just a cadre of trolls that do it because it's ascended to a meme here.

Fa/tg/uys I am mad as a cockatoo that worships Khorne on cocaine.
>Playing Kingmaker
>Barbarorum ad portam
>Numerian
>Court advisors say that they are primitive
>Leather armor and iron weapons
>Army haves heavy cavalry and infantry
>Best kobold steel in whole Avistan
>First battle
>Fucking barbarians have lasors and robutts
>Kingdom's army best troops anal prolapsed
>Weaboo's samurai PC commander commits sudoku
>CyberConan 3000 Lays siege on muh cities.

That's kind of hilarious, not gonna lie.

What was the DM's reasoning?

Because the third level stance from Tempest Gale gets me Wisdom to damage on all ranged weapons anyways. Also Maneuvers.

Numeria is the land filled with barbarians, future tech, and Mad Max Orcs.

>>Barbarorum ad portam
>barbarorum
>genetive plural
WHy the fuck you goddamn mothefucking retard, holy fucking shit

>the fey game has an Augunas/Blackmon kitsune in it
>AND a herm furry fox

myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=372482

myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=372783

Does the GM like furry foxes?

And the Barbarians fucking HATE all of the robutts and tech. There are traits and archetypes for that shit. They've had to deal with radioactive shit and insane nanoswarms for generations.

Unless you're literally being invaded by the 'government' by which I mean the drug-addicted barbaribar ruler who is Palpatine'd by the Technic League, a bunch of CE tech worshiping mad scientist wizards, there's no reason for that shit.

If you are being invaded by the Technic League, you're going to want to teleport to their capital and just shoot everything that's glowing. The resulting explosion should wipe out half the country.

Don't go in the mountain. It isn't a mountain. It's a crashed spaceship, and there is some fucking crazy shit inside you don't want to deal with.

Actually, there are no kitsune sorcerers here.

myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38380&tg=67631

myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38380&tg=67493

>Spell several terms wrong for the lulz.
>Gets mad at latin misspelling
Mah Equites.
I will copy it all over Jersualem's walls in red paint.

>And the Barbarians fucking HATE all of the robutts and tech
Savage Technologist.

Maybe a Warlord stopped being retarded and embraced the robots.

Thanks for the info.
The only thing we know from the invaders is that they are an alliance between two tribes, the Tiger Lords and the Black Horses or some shit like that.

PLEB
L
E
B

Plus, it's not a spelling error it's a grammatical error for no fucking reason

You mean truffles?

/pfg/, two members of your party (the prettiest male and the prettiest female) encounter a pair of truffles in the woods! How do those characters deal with the truffles?

Slaughter the truffle.

I'm glad you grabbed onto the only error in the whole post or else we'd think that user was perfect.

>Dominate Person

>uses mind control to make people rape each other
>chaotic neutral
good job pathfinder

Send help /pfg/ we're dealing with some demons in a dungeon right now with some high SR which is making me a bit useless at the moment. What are some good buffs that I can use and spells to get past the SR? I'm a 10th level mythic sorc right now.

Now that my kingdom has lost all the heavy elite troops, troll warriors included, what I should do?
Offer the numerians to be federatia?
The kingdom haves a fuckload of gold and silver.

It's more than just a little error tbqh familia

Or should do this instead?

Kobolds do not produce good steel.

Says who?

What suggests they make good steel?

So I take it Pathfinder helped further popularize Kitsune/Fox-People eh?

Kobolds have a better grasp on chemistry and physics than dorfs.

That's a bare-faced lie unless you think trapmaking means they somehow understand complex metallurgy.

Can't make good springs with shitty steel.

Of course!

Basically half of all mentions of "kitsune" in Veeky Forums these days is from /pfg/.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/kitsune/

>Samefag go away

You can make good springs out of mediocre steel, though.

Meanwhile the Dwarves are famous for their craftsmanship, same with Salamanders and even Elves to an extent.

Never hear about the exceptional blades of the kobold though.

>Never hear about the exceptional blades of the kobold though.

Gnome propaganda.

I wanna fuck that fox!

The only metallurgical achievement kobolds are know for is making furnace workers sick.

No, it's one assburger memester proliferating it.

Just look at the racial bonus for dorfs and then that for koborls.
The dorf ads +1/4 to the alchemist's natural armor bonus when using his mutagen while the koborl ads +1/2 to the number of bombs per day the alchemist can create.
Why a dorf alchemist is more interested into give himself protection than obliterating his clan enemies? Intellectual arguments fueled by alcohol. The dorf intellectual haves a shorter life span than the average humanoid intellectual because alcohol as a depressant instigates violence while the koborl aware how this is detrimental for his community since their race is that of underdorgs decides to consumer tea and coffee and focus into destroying his enemies.

I thought that was because kobold economies are based entirely on stealing whatever garbage they can find from other, more productive creatures.

So I know you can use Dex (if you're using a finessable weapon) instead of Str for Trip, Sunder and Disarm, but where in the CRB says this? My current GM is arguing with me that I have to pick agile manuvers or get fucked because the manual says Str only

Its not talked about in PF, but in the 3.5 material, especially the content of Races of the Dragon, it talks about how Kobolds are surprisingly efficient and skilled miners and smiths, and are skilled at making incredibly complex and sophisticated traps and machinery at mass produced rates, as well as providing a steady stream of decent quality weapons for their armories, and are decent alchemists as well.

They just don't do much with it since they live such short lives that trying to make bigger advances in metallurgy such as armor, jewelery, and creature comforts is viewed as pointless since it just gets in the way and no one lives long enough to pan out.

Essentially their a living Henry Ford conveyor belt of mining and smithing.

That, and they also they tend to refuse to use things that are also used and invented by gnomes out of spite, due to the treachery of Garl Glittergold causing the death of their God and their largest civilization

>Kobolds
>hyper xenophobic race that usually never leaves their tunnels
>going out and stealing things
Those are Goblins user, Kobolds and Goblins are essentially polar opposites.

Since kobold intellectuals have far more chances to survival than the dorf intellectual kobold science is far more advanced than dorf science. Lets not forget the conservative mindset, main reason of arguments fueled by alcohol ending in bloodshed.

Oh yeah that one time gnomes ruined a specie's future as a joke.

Ah. Nevermind, then.

Murder is the only option.
Then they shag, just to spite the rotten little bastards.

I was not aware 3.5e lore for a defunct setting is canon for PF.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/weapon-finesse-combat---final

>Le happy gnome merchant.
Kobold über alles.

Considering they're the power couple... Lewd things happen.

>on attack rolls
He's saying CMB checks and attack rolls are two different things

So how would I price items to do the following:
>A masterwork light crossbow modified to deliver needles containing alchemist infusions. Move action to reload the needle, swift to set up an infusion for delivery, standard to fire
>cannot fire normal ammo, only injections
>another item to allow an alchemist to change cure infusions into inflict onfusions, in order to either fire at foes, or heal an allied dhampir
>some way to make cure extracts work on constructs, seripusly what the fuck why doesn't the alchemist have any way to heal normal constructs this is bullshit

>Looking at campaign
>current party is level 5
>DM says if I join I have to roll 1d4 to see what level my character is

And what exactly am I suppose to do if I roll a 1? I mean, fuck, even 4 would still put me behind, but if I roll a 1 the only two options I see for my character are dying as soon as possible to make a new PC or whoring my PC out to the rest of the party so they actually have a reason to keep this random weak-ass fucker that can't pull their weight around.

Dropped.

Fug, didn't mean to quote anyone, my bad.

>"It was just a prank bro!"
>"Garl dindu nuffin! He's a good gnome!"

Considering PF is just 3.5 with makeup on, and the Kobolds were ported over essentially unchanges, I think its safe to assume there will be similarities in the species lore capability across editions.

Especially since PF doesn't talk much about them except to affirm that they're virtually the same as in 3.5, except with more intersex mutations.

>If I have Weapon Finesse, can I apply my Dex bonus to my combat maneuver checks instead of my Strength bonus??

It depends on what combat maneuver you're attempting. Disarm, sunder, and trip are normally the only kinds of combat maneuvers in which you’re actually using a weapon to perform the maneuver, and therefore the weapon’s bonuses apply to the roll. Therefore, if you're attempting a disarm, sunder, or trip maneuver, you can apply your Dex bonus instead of your Str mod on the combat maneuver check (assuming you're using a finessable weapon, of course). For other combat maneuvers, you use the normal rule for determining CMB (Str instead of Dex).

>When you attempt to perform a combat maneuver, make an attack roll and add your CMB in place of your normal attack bonus.

Starting below the level of the rest of the party is nonsensical to me in pathfinder. Especially if death means level loss. Being lower level means dying more, staying below the rest AND while you're below everyone you're useless.

How powerful are we talking here, senpai?

Look at the sidebar, faggot.

Also of note: d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Combat-Maneuvers
"When you attempt to perform a combat maneuver, make an attack roll and add your CMB in place of your normal attack bonus. Add any bonuses you currently have on attack rolls due to spells, feats, and other effects. These bonuses must be applicable to the weapon or attack used to perform the maneuver."

Entitled babby detected.

What are you suggesting he do? He'll be sitting out of combat for at least 4 sessions before he's maybe one level behind the party.