As lawful good, do you kill chaotic evil children?

As lawful good, do you kill chaotic evil children?

That woukd fall under lawful stupid.

For both the character and the player.

all children are chaotic evil

Children are neutral.

Alignment is a conscious decision. And only comes into play when you dedicate yourself to it, like paladins. Little shits aren't Evil. They're just people, who happen to be little shits.

A 9 year old with a crossbow is still as dangerous as a 25 year old with a crossbow.

My good characters only kill it it's necessary, also they take into account the future possibilities, children still can learn morality and understand other people feelings, middle aged warlords are already a lost case.

Kids should stop playing Grand Theft Carriage, it's influencing them to find their parents' crossbows.

If somebody is coming at me with a crossbow, I don't think their alignment matters anymore.

Nope
but i would hire someone to execute them in a public plaza, and look sitting on my inquisitorial Throne

>Alignment is a conscious decision.
That's wrong dummy.

Killing people because they MAY commit crimes, but not AFTER they have committed or planned to commit a crime, is not Lawful. Killing children is not Good. Therefore, no.

Why would you even have to ask this question? It's like asking "As chaotic neutral, are you as likely to shake someone's hand as shove pinecones up their ass?

That is only the case with outsiders and a handful of beings, orcs and drow at the top of the list due to a constant divine influence from their creator.
Coincidentally, they are both creatures that are designed from the ground up to oppose the pc party.

No. Fuck off. I'm so damn sick of everyone trying to say LG is evil. We get it, you are a special edgy snowflake, now kindly fuck off and stop remaking these damn threads.

It's not so much that LG are evil or that the OPs are edgy, it's that D&D is written exclusively for David Eddings good=good, evil=evil settings and people try to create a setting with moral nuance.

NotHong wrong with moral ambiguity, but there is a difference between a nuanced villian, or a situation that's actually complicated or morally ambiguous and

>hur dur is yer paladin a smite bot?

How evil we talking?

Children don't get Alignments until they reach eighteen and that is after they've taken the Alignment instruction course followed by a test.

came here to post this.
/thread

You technically could, but unless they're undead, just subdue them and take them to whatever church you follow for reformation. They're children, it isn't hard to just gag them and throw them in a sack. Fuck vampire lolis though. Stupid smug assholes.

If the children triggered as chaotic evil, something foul had tainted their essence thoroughly, provoking changes beyond a mere alignment shift. It would be better for all involved to slay them rather than allow them to grow with whatever curse they had been burdened with.

Yes, yes I would.

How much of a danger is the child? Are we talking horror-movie-tier slit your throat kind of evil?

What part of smite ALL the evils don't you get?

Depends on the law, and the 'good'. You can do both. For the sake of good, you could kill them for the sake of justice, or to make the world a better place. You could also spare the for the sake of mercy, and try to help them become good.

For the law, there're many laws, so many I'm not going to bother naming them.

Depending on which one you lean more on, you could try to do what's best in the jaw, like adopting them, or sending them to a jail, or trying to change them. Or you can do what's lawful, and kill them, or something.

But children are ALL chaotic evil, have you met any?

Not if they lack Crossbow proficiency and have a lower dexterity score they aren't.

Kill? of course not,
I redeemed them with sword and fire.

no, they are subdued, then sent to the nearest convent for re-education.

Unless I have the resources to properly reeducate and have them under surveillance, then yes, definitely. By not killing them, I am partly responsible for every heinous act they will commit in the future.

I'd be more impressed by how the hell a 9 year old managed to load a crossbow considering how much draw weight some of them have.

Even goblin children?

"especially" goblin children.
How else are they going to learn right from wrong

The biggest problem with these games is that many players and DM's are utter shit at understanding nuance. I've only ever encountered a few people, ever, who handled Paladin as anything other than Lawful Stupid. Most players just Detect Evil, Smite Evil, repeat until xp gain.
As for those children, what kind of children are they? Human, goblin, drow? Dragon hatchlings are sentient (ish) after hatching, in a month they can be big enough to be a threat in low level settings. Children, in this sense, is a tad vague.

Depends. Are they sapient lifeforms capable of making their own decisions, or are they nonsapient creatures which are simply antithetical to humanity? If they're sapient, take 'em to the church rehabilitation center. If not, might as well put them down now before they're a danger.

No, that would be barbaric.

Just raise them to have no ambition or prospects whatsoever.

Educate them poorly but thoroughly, so they will vastly overestimate their own knowledge.

Give them indulgence when they need encouragement and highly praise their mediocrity.

Instill in them the belief that hard work is both a great burden and a trap to be avoided.

Do all these things and they will defeat themselves.

Depends how edgy the gm is

Deus vult

People's lives are their own to shape and change. Children especially so.

Unless they are magically "always evil all the time" to the point where they are just tiny evil meat robots. Then yeah.

>subdued
This right here. You're a mighty adventurer, they're a snot-nosed brat, you can take the penalty for nonlethal combat.

Crossbows can be loaded with a crank

Why is killing children more evil than killing adults?

Children are (usually) less useful and less life experience is discarded when they die. Babies are especially more reasonable to kill, they have basically no objective value and no life experience..

Why shouldn't you be more willing to kill a child and more concerned about wasting the usefulness of an adult and their life experience that could possibly be reformed?

Those are also the only creatures that should have alignments.

Underrated post, unchecked heavenly trips.

Kids are easier to brainwash. Once you're an adult you're pretty much set in your ways.

>knowledge: history. Is there any history of any attempt to reform these creatures?
>if yes, reform.
>if no, kill.
Easy peasy.

I'd say somethin similar.

Children can't really be responsible for their actions since they have such a limited perspective.

Adults are fully aware of what they are doing (aside from literally crazy)

>chaotic evil children
You mean as in children that commit chaotic evil acts? That would be a sight to see.

Oh look, this thread again.
OP please die.

This is bait right? Please tell me your not this fucked up. Please tell me that you understand why its morally reprehensible to kill children, i don't want to loose any more faith in humanity today, i don't have a way off this planet yet.

Demon babies.

Children are moldable, adults lock-in traits after x years. Reforming children is a better investment than reforming adults

Nope, as lawful good I don't even kill CE enemies if I can take them down non-lethally.

We had this the other day when an Orc was badly injured and I was chasing him down allies trying to knock him down without killing him.
I'm currently dragging down the road by the foot until I can turn him in to the local authorities.

>this is what pro abortion fags actually believe

This would't be a problem with stricter bow control laws.

My god says to purge the land of all evil. What kind of paladin would I be if i refused the work set before me by my god?
If I come across a child tainted by evil, my god wanted me to end the threat it could grow into before that happens, and I question not the intentions of my god.

The bait operates under the presumptions that children are innocent and alignment is an absolute, deterministic value, regardless of any mechanics involved, creating a supposed unresolved cognitive dissonance based on a number of forced false-equivalences to try and ham-handedly push a paradox. There is no moral ambiguity to it, it's simply a state created by OP to try and balance one set of blatant misunderstandings with another set of shaky presumptions to create an unsolvable problem in which any idea which seems to be winning out can be pushed back through the presumptions and shaky understandings of the other to try and keep the conversation in a metastasis of irresolution, despite the fact that easy solutions can easily be found by anyone who just happens to not be a moron.

Of course, this conveniently ignores common elements of D&D's own alignment rules, such as the ability to change alignments, resolving the issue with but the application of a few mechanical rules or even convenient spells.

No, you repurpose them.
Are they just angry as fuck children? You will be reeducated and turned into civil, law abiding citizens, even if it means I have to beat you with a cane daily.

Grow up into a barbaric man-demon? Get ready for hard labor. You will earn your keep.

Blood thirsty? You will be pointed at an enemy of order. fight them, or you face me, who has already beaten you once. Come back a hero, or die right now in chains.

I bet you vote for Countess Hillary

Hey, it's this thread again!