Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Let's join a fey themed PbP game together! Lots of the applications are just placeholders, so we're all gonna make it! myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=372019

Maybe we should all join a fantasy Wild West game too? myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=373354

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1xrcVb8f4isNrnf0c4A-ek9AmU8UD9nNULJF5v6dRwNM/edit
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/planar-adaptation
spheresofpower.wikidot.com/
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons/dragon/dungeon-dragon-tohc
docs.google.com/document/d/1Gz5cGD9wz3efUb8nF76rXeS_pS2Nst-0Y8160hjkwxA/edit?usp=drive_web
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We need to update the pastebin. Prune some of the shit races and add in new homebrew.

Fantasy wild west seems pretty okay, but I'd rather drink bleach then play with you degenerates.

How exactly did the general get to be in the state it's in?

Still waiting on a CR 10 Young Mizutsune build

>A leviathan who is graceful, elegant, and is able to naturally produce a soap-like substance from its body that it can use to move across terrain quickly or encase its enemies in bubbles.

Is there a situation where Orc Barbarians aren't perfect?

>open field
Orc Barbarians with Haste
>forest
Orc Barbarians with Tree Stride
>city
Orc Barbarians with Urban Step
>caves
Orc Barbarians with Earth Glide
>underwater
Orc Barbarians with Water Breather
>sky
Orc Barbarians with Fly
>social situation
Orc Barbarians with Ensemble

It's 2016. Degeneracy is SO hot right now.

People only want to talk about fetishes, not pathfinder. And despite not being bad in and of themselves, DSP did a lot of damage to this general. Also tripfag/namefag/avatarfag drama.

>NO user, FUCK YOU, WAIT FOR THE TROVE TO NEVER BE CLEANED FIRST. WHY ARE YOU SO INGRATEFUL?

weebs.

Weebs and shitposters posing as weebs.

Or just weebs who are also shitposters.

People forgot Veeky Forums isn't their personal trolling army.

What did DSP do?

I personally blame them for making like four different kitsunes right when it was starting to level out some.

Thanks, you assholes.

Weren't there Owlbear companion stats in Gonzo 2?

What's a good place to even find Pathfinder homebrew?

Man I can just update the pastebin myself. What homebrew needs to be added?

When they don't have a caster ready and willing to dump spells on them?

They're using scrolls bruh.

>attending the elven banquet and sitting across from the elf queen.

>being Plane Shifted to the Negative Energy Plane

Checkmate Martials.

>ensemble
>one orc grabs two spoon and begins playing them
>next begins hamboning
>third clears his throat to begin throat singing
>final takes a live chicken from under the table to begin his chicken solo

Who would sell them scrolls?

They're Orcs.

>Orcs Barbarians with Vampirism

Can not be topped

>Getting Plane Shifted to the Positive Energy Plane

>Undead Orc Barbarians

Your move.

Every raid gives them just enough magic to go on the next raid. They're orcs.

>Orc Barbarians, don't even need anything, they're just orcs

Literally unstoppable

Not sure, but as far as I can tell, you need some specific admin access to change it. Hense the thing of
>Wait for the QANONs to do it and stop bitching you bitcher
That people were doing to me. WELL LOOK WHAT'S FUCKIN' DEAD NOW, PRICKS!

I need build advice for a low-optimization game. Basically how do I make this concept, not how do I turn this concept into a powerful force.

I want to make a caster that focuses on time magic. It's important that this caster got his abilities handed to them, and didn't work to achieve them, so that means Oracle or Sorcerer I think but if there\s another option then I'm open to that too. Oracle has a nice Time mystery, but I can't for the life of me find anything for the Sorcerer that even leans in the direction of that theme. Does anyone have any help?

3rd party content "by approval" which basically means as long as it's not terribly broken, it gets in, the DM is decently generous about these things. Race will be Gnome, if that matters at all. If you need more details about the character I can provide them, but I didn't want to rattle off the entire concept and be an attention whore.

See

God damn this general is shit now due you faggots. Let's talk about PATHFINDER. Have you had any good non weeb/non erp sessions lately?

>Despite the beneficial effects of the plane, it is one of the most hostile of the Inner Planes. An unprotected character on this plane swells with power as positive energy is forced upon her. Then, because her mortal frame is unable to contain that power, she is immolated, like a mote of dust caught at the edge of a supernova.

Pact Wizard, take Time as your Patron. Maybe even VCM as ab Oracle with the Time Mystery and an appropriate Curse (Aged, Child, Foretold, etc).

People baiting, then shitposters/spergs taking the bait, then making full thread long arguments over it, and the increased armsrace of baiting and sperging until it became the norm and part of the general culture

Well in the Positive Energy Plane, you gain Fast Healing. If the Fast Healing goes over your hit point total, you have to make a Fortitude save to avoid exploding. Undead are immune to Fortitude saves. Undead won't instantly die in the Positive Energy Plane. Again, your move.

Petition your GM to allow you to play a spherecaster optimizing for the Time sphere.

docs.google.com/document/d/1xrcVb8f4isNrnf0c4A-ek9AmU8UD9nNULJF5v6dRwNM/edit

Remember to take the standard one-level incanter dip.

Living creatures gain fast healing. Undead creatures are just damaged.

Actually how ARE you supposed to survive on the positive energy plane?

Ultimately, selfishness and narcissism. Not just furries, but anyone who thinks waving their personal shit at people is as important as fostering a healthy community.

Planar Adaptation

Planar Adaptation, I would think, but there isn't really a specific, established way to do it like there is with the Negative Energy Plane and Undead.

What would be the best disciplines to make a weeb as fuck initiator? Mithral currrent seems a must. Also, is quick draw a necessity for mithral current? Seems like a lot of action economy shit to be constantly sheathing and unsheathing for strikes.

Where does it say that?
>Positive-Dominant

>An abundance of life characterizes planes with this trait. Like negative-dominant planes, positive-dominant planes can be either minor or major. A minor positive-dominant plane is a riotous explosion of life in all its forms. Colors are brighter, fires are hotter, noises are louder, and sensations are more intense as a result of the positive energy swirling through the plane. All individuals in a positive-dominant plane gain fast healing 2 as an extraordinary ability.

>Major positive-dominant planes go even further. A creature on a major positive-dominant plane must make a DC 15 Fortitude save to avoid being blinded for 10 rounds by the brilliance of the surroundings. Simply being on the plane grants fast healing 5 as an extraordinary ability. In addition, those at full hit points gain 5 additional temporary hit points per round. These temporary hit points fade 1d20 rounds after the creature leaves the major positive-dominant plane. However, a creature must make a DC 20 Fortitude save each round that its temporary hit points exceed its normal hit point total. Failing the saving throw results in the creature exploding in a riot of energy, which kills it.

Nothing about undead.

How about this

>Construct Orc Barbarians

This spell, presumably:
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/planar-adaptation

An initiator with a saving throw counter (e.g. Shattered Mirror 2's Obsidian Sidestep) can also continuously cycle through it to succeed on the saving throws, although this will take a standard action and a swift/immediate action each round.

Quick Draw is very helpful for a Mithral Current initiator (and a bushi receives it for free), but if you are merely dipping into the discipline and taking only one of the draw-benefit maneuvers (e.g. a low-level initiator snatching Tidal Blade), then you can safely work without Quick Draw provided that you open up with that one maneuver.

Is there a quick sheath feat or ability? Since that'd still be a move action, right?

There's a lot of new information here so I'll ask a few things, what is Spherecasting? What is an Incanter?

Pact wizard is still a Wizard, so it's a learned and pursued skill in spellcasting. Also you can't take Time as your patron, it has to be a being.

They would be immune to most of the barbarian features, and also could just be shifted to an elemental plane to be destroyed.

YOU FELL FOR THE OLDEST ORC TRICK IN THE BOOK.

>Orc barbarians with planar adaptation
HOW DO YOU EVEN DEAL

Mithral Current for sick katana skills, Veiled Moon for teleporting behind your enemies, Fool's Errand for throwing them over the horizon.

Have you seen the Pact Wizard Archetype? The whole point is that you didn't work for your powers; you just got them in a pact with some mysterious being. The pact takes the form of a Witch Patron, which can be interpreted however you and the GM want.

My last session went very well. The PCs are trying to deliver an item to a friendly clan in the north lands of my setting (occupied mostly by the equivalent of the Mongol hordes, called Arakh). One Arakh clan in particular seems desperate to stop them delivering it and threw most of their weight in an attempt to stop them. With the help of a small retinue from the friendly clan and a defensible position, the three of them managed to fight off an Epic+ (APL+4) encounter.

This was me in the previous thread by the way in case any new anons come along with helpful advice.

>what is Spherecasting?
A relatively okay 3pp magic system that 2hu is obsessed with despite constantly whining about how everything sucks, and is constantly minmaxing with it.

You can tell someone is minmaxing with it if they keep dipping one of the system's classes, Incanter

>Pact Wizard is still a Wizard
This isn't the same Pact Wizard as the one on the pfsrd. This is a new one that Paizo was retarded enough to publish with the same name, and it is actually perfect for what you wanted to do.

Being a bushi will give you Mixed Combat as a bonus feat at 6th-level, and Mixed Combat is what allows for quick sheathing.

Otherwise, you will have to rely on Flowing Water Stance (Mithral Current 3), and being locked into one stance is dreadful.

Spherecasting is a new subsystem for magic produced by Drop Dead Studios. It is *somewhat* more balanced than Paizo's Vancian magic. Its major weaknesses are the breakability of the Conjuration and Weather spheres, some spheres being too narrow and others being too wide, one-level dipping for frontloaded benefits being rampant, low-casting classes being awful, staffs being somewhat overpowered, and... believe it or not, fully-optimized mid-level blasters being encounter-endingly strong, more so than even Path of War 1 disciplines.

You can educate yourself on it here:
spheresofpower.wikidot.com/

What's the best dragon type and why is is Brass?

Being Undead actually has absolutely no negative effect when on the Positive Energy Plane, bizarrely enough.

As an Oracle, you can be a decent bruiser/support character. Sorcerer can handle a lot of the elemental/ranged damagestuff, and Wizard can handle a lot of utility

Oh, actually gave the archetype itself. Read that. Is gud.

It's Silver. Paladin Dragon best Dragon.

I was looking at the one on the pfsrd. When is the material coming out for the new one?

This is actually exactly what I was looking for. I also wanted him to sort of unravel from time as he leveled, so this fits perfectly.

Great Wyrm Time Dragon is a solid choice if you'd stop being an assnugget who expects people to build and fluff your character for you.

>I also wanted him to sort of unravel from time as he leveled
I think Threefold Aspect will be a fun patron spell for you.

So just take mixed combat at 6 if I don't decide on Bushi, got it.

Thanks for jumping straight to being an asshole while completely missing the point. The point is that if it's a being, then the character has to engage them or initiate a pact with them, and the idea is that it wasn't something the character wanted.

Yes, absolutely, definitely. Thanks for that tip. now you have me debating if Witch is too far of a step from the concept to pull off.

Why did Paizo release two Wizard archetypes with the same name?

How can one break the game with Weather or Conjuration?

>you have me debating if Witch is too far of a step from the concept
Pact Wizard gets Patron spells in an even better way than the Witch does.

P A I Z O
A
I
Z
O

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons/dragon/dungeon-dragon-tohc

Dungeon Dragons are the best dragons. They'll spend time and money building cool dungeons for their bro's to explore on the weekends.

Whoops, I thought Threefold Aspect was just a witch spell and not a patron spell, because it doesn't have that detail of it listed in the spell page.

Shit Nigga pact wizard is great.

Conjuration is particularly egregious because there are actually *three* ways to break it: the route of supercharging a single companion by dumping all of one's talents into it, the route of taking many Extra Companions who are all Magical Companions to produce an overly versatile roster of pseudo-spherecasters, and the route of optimizing Summoning and Diagram to be able to summon and bind powerful creatures as a low-level character (e.g. a CR 13 glabrezu).

Weather is stranger because its campaign-breaking status lies not in how it can affect combat, but in how it can affect a game world outside of combat time. It is possible for an 8th-level (or 9th-level if you follow Adam Meyers' RAI on the sorcerer focus sphere) spherecaster to utterly obliterate a four-mile radius of all life and structures given twenty minutes to work.

RPGs aren't played in a vacuum you know.
There's a guy called the GM that stops retarded bullshit like that from happening

I shouldn't be capable of breaking the game this easily. It's a fault of the system that it's possible.

Rules are always subject to the GM. Only a bad GM lets this through

Alternatively, a product can be rigorously balanced through playtesting and quality assurance in order to smooth out its imperfections.

Spheres of Power's core rulebook has very little of the above, and for that matter, neither do its supplements.

I read that an npc with class levels, pc wealth, and no hit die is a cr equal to its level. When it says no hit die, does that just mean taking average hp every level including 1st? I can't seem to find any information either way. So is my level 8 gunslinger npc with a level 8 pcs wealth and average hp, I think something like 35 hp, cr 8?

It's not about the GM being good or bad. It's about the system being flawed. A good GM can make even the worst system work, it doesn't make the system good.

No hit die in the context you say means no racial hit dice. Basically it means that monsters with class levels and pc wealth have a greater CR than humanoids with class levels and pc wealth.

At least it's fun, unlike Paizo magic

Even a good GM can't always figure out how every little part of a system interacts with another part and might be surprised at something a player figures out. This is the reason why so many GM's just ban 3pp material - they don't have the time to try and figure out how every piece might end up breaking their game.

Sometimes it's just better to tell everyone exactly how something is broken so everybody can avoid that aspect from the beginning.

Why isn't this on pfsrd? Is it not out yet?

It just came out recently. The pfsrd takes a while to update.

After a year and a bit, Reign of Winter is finally, finally finished. It's been a hell of a ride.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Gz5cGD9wz3efUb8nF76rXeS_pS2Nst-0Y8160hjkwxA/edit?usp=drive_web

Reposting the Initiating Slayer archetype- The Analyst! It gets delicious Int-based maneuvers, an Int-based grit pool, more skill points, and parkour!

I was trying to attach a picture of Ezio but I couldn't get it to download. Have a skeleton instead

Oh yeah? How'd that turn out for you?

>and for that matter, neither do its supplements.
Amber's work is good, and the Nyctomancer's handbook is looking good so far
Also, would you rather wait over a year like for PoW:E?

Why not play a Vigilante Stalker instead?
Also, didn't another user already make a Initiating Slayer archetype first

Considering how broken PoW was compared to PoW: E, yeah, I don't mind waiting a bit longer for stuff that's not busted.

Yes, because actually testing the shit you're selling is a good idea?

Pretty good. Went through an extended post-game as well which is what took up most of the time, ended by Giga Durill Bureakah-ing a mostly-ascended Demilich into Triaxus, followed by an any% speedrun of the Emerald Spire.

elf + orc = human
elf + human = half-elf
orc + human = half-orc
half-elf + half-orc = human

human + dwarf = halfling
halfling + dwarf = halfling
human + halfling = halfling

elf + dwarf = gnome
elf + gnome = gnome
dwarf + gnome = gnome

orc + dwarf = goblin
goblin + dwarf = goblin
orc + goblin = goblin

gnome + halfling = ?
goblin + halfling = ?
gnome + goblin = ?

human + celestial = half-celestial
human + h.celest = aasimar
human + aasimar = human
aasimar + aasimar = aasimar
aasimar + h.celest = aasimar

human + fiend = half-fiend
human + h.fiend = tiefling
human + tiefling = human
tiefling + tiefling = tiefling
tiefling + h.fiend = tiefling

celestial + fiend = ?
h.celest + h.fiend = ?
aasimar + tiefling = ?

make a dc 20 fort save or take 116 if you pass you are sicken for d6 rounds. This affects the whole room. This just happened to me at level 11

Qanon made an IRC. Basically all the useful discussion and non-retarded people went there. Which means that we're left with the kind of people who get kicked out of a Veeky Forums chatroom.

What's a good adventure path to run for a group of relatively new players?
New as in, some have played RPGs before, but not Pathfinder specifically. Others have never played an RPG at all.

Those last three are all either an Aasimar with Lost Promise, or a Tiefling with Light from the Darkness.

Rise of the Rune Lords is a good one for brand new players.

Fuck Qanon, by the way. When was the last time they even brought us a book? Why are we still talking about them?

I am currently in a campaign and I know at least half the party is hating it. Is there any good ways to save a dying campaign or should we just try and tell the dm we should start from scratch? Problems are very little rp involvement, lots of party disunity.

Rise of the Runelords