What system would work best for this setting?

What system would work best for this setting?

Mostly something that supports the wildly different hero types and powers, in addition to letting heros survive their intense battles without somehow dying

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9RdyFrKdBa0
youtu.be/8cO_WMVJ3FM?t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=AYHGDEl-zIc
youtube.com/watch?v=J79O5mEjcZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Mutants and Masterminds
>GURPS

There are a couple other systems mentioned in response to "wat system run super an hero" but I forget, and can't be bothered to remember.

Google is sure to be a lot better than making this thread for the millionth time.

Specifically the one punch man setting though

DREAD

When the tower falls that's when he shows up and wins the fight for you.

this is the first suggestion i've ever seen on any of these threads that's actually good

Mutants and Masterminds

Savage Worlds

Worlds in Peril

I instead incorporate "Summon Saitama" as a Hero point expenditure option. (requires 1 point from every hero though, not just one)

I think a nice thing to incorporate in the system is that Saitama arrival shouldn't be always beneficial.

There should be two way to summon Saitama one with player effort (spending point is good) and in this case the player are rewarded. The other should be that when a monster cause too much havock or player fail to kill him in X time saitama arrive solve the situation, but th eplayers gains nothing.

RISUS

Goku wins.

BESM.

M&M is fine as log as nobody is playing Saitama and he doesn't show up too often.
Although I guess you could just give him some ridiculous powers amounting to "can't be hurt" and "punch for ludicrous damage".
Super speed is covered already.

Lel, someone hasn't seen OPM.

Any system really, just put his physical stats to infinity, his intellectual stats to average and his social stats to subpar.

He's pretty fallible. I mean, he was just one of many opponents-of-the-week in a game I GMed. Not even one of the hardest, he got out-smarted pretty easily.

I've seen it. Saitama's biggest feats don't even give him planet-busting power or relativistic speed.

Writer went on record to say that his fists at full power have the same energy as the Big Bang.

you... really haven't seen it then.

youtube.com/watch?v=9RdyFrKdBa0

Source?
Also, still not a feat.
Also, that would cap his power as Universe-busting tier, which Goku already has.

>honestly power comparing anyone to Saitama

people like you who don't get the fucking joke, I swear to god

I've seen it. Where's the planet-busting+ feat or the relativistic+ speed feat?

I'll explain it to you in simple terms.
OPM can destroy anything in one punch. Anything at all.
Any times it's taken him more than one punch it's been established that he just wasn't trying.

>bait.jpeg

Mutants and Masterminds is the only option if you want powers that are remotely represented by the rules, and not just imaginationwanking

People who tout Saitama as totally undefeatable and badass because of it are the ones that don't get the joke.

He lost from the very start. The entire show is a monument to his perpetual defeat at his own hands.

>this Goku autist
Power-Man could beat Goku.

>OPM can destroy anything in one punch
Citation needed.
This is just fanfiction, come back when you have actual feats so we can calc his stats.

>Needing to see it happen for it to be possible

OPM defeated the strongest being in the universe without trying. But regardless of that, word of god dictates that he's able to defeat ANYONE in a single punch. He's supposed to be the end all be all of 'who would win' arguments.

Yes, thats the fucking point. Hence the title. ONE PUNCH man.
Aside from the punches so strong they cause explosions and the flying around at the 7 min mark? The moon jump. 238,900 mi. 8 hour trip with modern chemical rockets.

Done in less than a second.

I think you're missing the point behind OPM.
Also, you're probably autistic.
Bye, autist-chan~

Bye, hope you had a good fill.

>Convincing /v/ that games are fun

Now THAT's a feat

And you act like he's some awesome, incredible guy because he's OPM?

He's fucking pathetic. That's the joke. He's a sad, pitiful little man doomed to be dis-satisfied and to die alone, if he is even capable of dying of old age. If not, he'll endure even the heat death of the universe as an eternal failure.

Goku, Superman, literally anyone that has ever lived or will live is superior to OPM because they can at least achieve a fraction of their desires.

OPM is shit.

>punches so strong they cause explosions
Which do shit to the planet AKA weak ass punches.
>The moon jump
You don't even know what relativistic speed is, right?
A character with that speed can make multiple trips to the moon and back in a fraction of a second.
Calcs have been done and Saitama is not relativistic, let alone massively FTL/instant like DB characters.

Anyone who includes Saitama in a versus argument missed the fucking point of One Punch Man entirely.

Anima BF? my 3rd level Mentalist Warrio/Technician can create earthquakes just by punching the ground, and no, I don't have techniques, I have 16 Str, 16 Dex, 16 Agi though

>Man, Saitama's such a badass! One punch! Hahah, he can defeat anyone! What a fucking cool guy, such a badass!
>If you think anyone could defeat OPM, you missed the point of the show, you fucking casual. Way to miss the point of the show.

Pick one, not both.

Anyone who includes good and noble characters in a fight to the death is missing the point of the character.
Anyone who includes a prep time based character in a no-prep fight is missing the point.
Anyone who includes a pacifist character in any fight at all is missing the point.

Shall I continue or do you get the point?

Salt or weak bait? You decide.

You know he wasn't even trying right? that's the thing, sure, he didn't show his true powers because he never faced a thread that forced him to, that's why he's so depressed.

Without even trying he traveled from the moon to Earth in less than 2 seconds (if you take into account the time frame showed in the anime) and removed all clouds in 2/3rd of the planet with the wind of one punch. All this without breaking a sweat, without even trying. We'll never see Saitama true powers because that's the joke of the manga.

>Shall I continue or do you get the point?
That you're autistic?

>Implying there's a no-prep scenario if Batman is included
Give him any amount of time > that the absolute 0 and he'll have more than enough time to beat anyone.

Oh, the irony.

Saitama's powers are irrelevant to measure in the first place, because he'll be as powerful as the plot demands and constantly more powerful than any threat that comes up.

Which is why it's pointless for nerds to argue about "WHO WOULD WIN IN FIGHT GOKU OR CAPE BALDY" because the entire point of the character is that he's Power Man and you're an idiot if you're seriously trying to justify a versus argument involving him.

>You know he wasn't even trying right?
You know what feats mean?
Even if he wasn't trying that's the measurable limit of his powers, beyond that lies only speculation, which has no place in an argument like this.

are ...are you literally autistic? the character literally exists as a PUN about Shonen. He is as strong as the PLOT demands he be in order to render the danger non existent.

You are attempting to pit satire against the earnest grand-daddy of over the top Shonen.

Still, lets look at some math

re: the moon jump, light travels from the moon to the earth in about 1 second. Measuring Saitama to have taken the same amount of time, he was literally travelling at the speed of light, and not exerting himself very heavily. This is the very definition of relativistic speeds.

The meteorite in chapter 21 is stated to be a threat to the city, though not a global killer. This probably puts it in the 4-6 mile radius range in size, roughly the size of the object that impacted earth creating the Chicxulub crater 66 million years ago. The impact of this object left a 110 mile crater and released 420 zettajoules of energy, a yield roughly 2 million times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba experiment in russia (the largest man created explosion ever).

Saitama casually jumps off the planet, escapes orbit, and punches it lightly, generating enough force to blow it apart - resulting in rubble that still destroys much of the city because this is a joke about 'blowing up the meteor' films which always miss that nuking the space rock would just create rubble that causes even more damage.

No one ever claimed he was badass you edgy teenager, he's a joke. That's the point. He exists to make fun of shonen.

>speculation, which has no place in an argument like this.
>in an argument about fake anime fighty mans

Jesus christ

home from school sick?

>he's power man
No, power man would be able to go to the saturday sales on MONDAY!

Fuck you're right.

>are you literally autistic
>WALL OF TEXT
Do you see the irony?
Of course you don't, autists have trouble with that.

your right, Powerman beats Saitama because he isn't beholden to the laws of time and space

nigger you asked for math so I gave it to you

>capable of worded out an argument properly
>huur ur autistic
I'm sorry that you're a braindead child

OPM has good music
youtu.be/8cO_WMVJ3FM?t=6s

JAM Project in general is based as fuck. Check out their Super Robot Wars songs if you haven't already.

Holy shit Veeky Forums, you're easier to bait than fucking /a/.
Shame on you.

fun fact: the guy who sings the OPM song voiced Basara in Macross Seven, a show about a somewhat autistic rock and roll star flying around fighting space vampires with giant robots with the power of his rock

youtube.com/watch?v=AYHGDEl-zIc

In which Basara has a rock off with a titty giantess which results in the destruction of mountains

youtube.com/watch?v=J79O5mEjcZ0

Also note: he is not cold in that outfit, and later chides another character for being cold in the snow because the power of his rock keeps him warm

>is proven wrong
>autistically calls someone's well made argument autistic

Perhaps you should get off the internet and do something enjoyable instead.

Or keep arguing with other user, it's of my blood pressure in peril.

There is nothing somewhat about Nekki Basara's autism. He spent his youth literally trying to move mountains with the power of song.

This resulted in his ability to make aliens cum with the power of his voice alone.

>Le awesome calcs
>None of those result in Saitama being anywhere near to Goku's speed or power
What was the point? Why waste time doing them? do you get aroused by showing people you can do pointless math?

I smell Physical Increase/Increase Characteristics synergy shenanigans, user.

But you still wouldn't technically stat Saitama. He's more like Alucard in that he's a walking plot device rather than a character. But I suppose you COULD, in discussing the three years leading up to hist ascendancy, class him as a Freelancer. Not a Tao, though. That'd be Bang.
And Genos has the three point Artifact advantage.

No body has mention HERO\Champions yet.
Job done.

So wait. Is he a bard or a paladin of ROCK?
Crossclass?

Considering he is likely chaotic neutral/chaotic good at best, he definitely isn't a Paladin.

Full Bard.

I should probably watch this

Naw, the point is to imagine how long someone would last in a fight against him

Not sure where boros stacks up, probably on the level of Super Vegeta given his energy attack

That big bang thing is false, he could in theory however destroy half a universe, but only because the other half was behind him

Macross 7, though it's a bit of a time sink and you really better to have watched the original Macross before going into it. You might have seen it as Robotek.

Macross 7 is actually the weakest of the Macross series in a lot of ways. The original is a solid space opera where it just happens to turn out JPop is a valid weapon to use against genetic bred giant space soldiers,

Frontier is a good retread/homage to the original,

Macross Plus and Zero are much darker shows that take place after and before the original, respectively, and have a bit less of the MUSIC IS MAGIC shit going down

Macross 7 is batshit crazy and has a protagonist that's kind of fucking annoying and does retarded things

the newest, Macross Delta, is a Wagnaran opera in space complete with idols singing driving fighter pilots into berserker rage like a jacked up bards Inspire Courage

When this guy says we use j-pop as a weapon there's no actual magic involved at the time, its just a culture war.

In the original macross, Zero, Plus, and Frontier yeah - the 'magic' of the music is it has profound effects on Zentradi pyschology because of the way their brains are wired. Zentradi have no culture except for war, so exposure to sex, music, love, etc is shit they are unable to deal with.

In 7 it's straight up magic.

In Delta it's kind of magic but there's a tech explanation IIRC

GURPS is generic, and you can still use the setting with other systems. I play D&D all the time, but we've never used any of the premade settings in any of my group's games, and OPM is just a largely "modern-day Earth" setting, but with monsters and the Hero Association.

>Near Goku
The same Goku that with his strongest punch barely lifts any wind? the same Goku that with his strongesst Kamehameha barely creates a crater the size of an average missile? that Goku? the same Goku that sweats while lifting only 40 tons? that Goku?

>b-but the other characters say he could blow up E-earth
The same way you say "back up your arguments with feats and facts" for Saitama I say the same, visually Goku has nothing on Saitama

>all these people saying goku can beat OPM
>not realizing that the creature he fought in the last episode WAS Goku
Morons.

>I smell Physical Increase/Increase Characteristics synergy shenanigans
You smell correctly

Hey, if you grab Pankration/Grappling, you could pin a God.
Also, I understand well the draw of silly jank like that. Speaking from experience namely the Eternal Blood/One with the Nothingness/Energy-Controlled-Protection-Bubble Tank Warlock I'm playing currently.

I wanted to go RexFrame and Godhand but seing how slowly the game is going I don't think I could ever reach those

I can see that. Muay Thai can be a good low-level replacement, if you don't have it already.

FASERIP

He's from Spacebattles, where autism is both commonplace and terminal

That's not much compared to others.

M&M 3e,
Does everything you want it to do.

I have the strangest feeling this guy has done less research than Death Battle. In the manga, defeating enemies who casually shatter planets is everyway.

>Shatter planets
Sure, the enemies, Goku never shattered one, and this is the problem with DBZ and most shonen in general, the shattering planets stuff is just to raise the stakes, you see Broly blowing up planets or turning them into rubble with one punch in his introduction, but as soon he starts fighting Goku and his friends his damage is minimal compared, you see one mountain blowing up or a couple of buildings, but his entire solar system shattering powers are nowhere to be seen.

For fuck's sake the damage of a Kamehameha has been the same since the saiyan saga, even in DBS a kamehameha leaves the same diameter crater and they're supposedly billions of times stronger than then.

>Goku never shattered one,
This is irrelevant. He's shown to be stronger than characters' whose fingertips casually blow up planets & damage ones who're durable enough to survive a planet's destruction.

Fuck off back to Spacebattles you autistic chucklefuck

It's actually explainable. Those enemies are also tougher.

You do know that characters in Dragon Ball typically try to limit collateral damage? They don't blow up any solar systems unless they're actively trying to, which guys like Buu have.

Wasn't Boros a planet buster, too?

I seem to recall him saying that his big energy attack would destroy the planet before Saitama just casually punched it away.

What has tougher anything to do with it? they dodge a ki blast and the crater is shit.

Specially for the bad guys, why are they limiting their power while fighting Goku and company? if their ki blast before he started the fight could destroy planets why now it barely leaves a several city blocks crater?

Obligatory SSJ2 Future Trunks knocking down someone stronger than blue Goku and Vegeta together with one punch.

DBZ an incoherent shit.

I'm saying that hits which affect the baddies have to get through enemies more durable than a planet before reaching wherever.

They usually do so for their own reasons & there are multiple times where a villain has held a planet more or less hostage & threatened to destroy it.

This one, though very odd, is actually halfway explained. Future Trunks trained & got much stronger during the show. Curiously stronger after some very intense training.

>Specially for the bad guys, why are they limiting their power while fighting Goku and company?

This always bothered me when I watched DBZ. Conversely in Revival of F when Frieza just fucking destroyed Earth the second he lost I cracked a smile.