Warhammer Fantasy General: Settra Rules! edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy. Some people are still SJW level triggered by endtimes so I'm required to say that you should limit discussion about it since its seen as the start of AoS even though this hasn't stopped anyone. If anything, please limit the shitposting. If you don't like something (like Endhammer) just ignore it.

Link to last thread: → →

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11278455
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Settra serves and gets BTFO.

>empire fags actually believe this

>imitating Necron headgear

Truly, the Tomb Kings are the worst.

Truly, disgraceful.

>implying the necrons didn't copy the Tomb kings
wew lad

also, more empire fags getting rekt

imperials are a joke

Average Tomb king in life
>over 7 feet tall almost superhuman
>peerless warriors and generals
>entire populations dedicated to them
>massive brown dicks
>vast harem of the finest bitches from around the world
>rich as fuck
>fly as fuck robes and golden armor
>looks that make Karl franz cry himself to sleep
>rides around in pimped out chariot

Average imperial noble
>inbred mannlet
>probably has to hire some other more competent guy to be his general
>caught in political intrigue, most of his peers hate him
>small white hairy dicks, probably hasn't washed it in weeks
>flat assed white wife who is probably also his cousin, gets cucked by other nobles
>rich enough to afford a hunting lodge where he probably gets involved in slaanesh cults
>stupid looking pajamas as clothes, probably washes it twice a year
>hairy, stupid looking mustache
>Sits on the back of a dirty horse or a giant chicken like some kind of peasant

How can Imperials even compete?

>>we wuz kangz
The Nehekharans lost their super powers when the Covenant was broken, and even then the barbarians they took from the northern Old World were just as huge. Nehekhara got cut off from their magic steroids by straight edge Nagash.

>that one buttblasted skellington
>we wuz kanging
At the end of the day, one is alive, and the other is a bag of bones bossed over by nagash.

Is it still considered we wuz KANGZing if all the shit was actually true? I Thought the whole Kangz joke was that they were exaggerated and usually false claims. The tomb kings acually were greater than any other human civilization, and even at its greatest the empire pales in comparison to anything the Nehekarans achieved

There is one thing I learned from talking about various fantasy settings on this board for years: The achievement of your favorite factions in the past never matter, how great it was, or if it was even better than any current faction doesn't matter. The only good and worthwile factions that you are allowed to like because of their achievements are those that are powerful in the time the setting happens.

Average Tomb Kek unlife
>Barren lifeless wasteland for fief
>Armor doesn't even cover entire body, undead crows made nest in your chest
>Skeleton body that can't feel anything
>All what is left in unlife is to rattle and occasional fight with tomb robbers who didn't noticed you were animated

Average Empire noble life
>Rich fertile plains, woods full of animals to hunt and beastmen to kill for sport
>Big UNBER dicks
>Armor that makes Bretonnians and Chaos Warriors jelly
>qt asur, asrai and vampire waifus to fuck

>muh dick - the post
Truly the niggers of the old world.

But were they? They did some neat techno stuff but they still wore kilts and sandals, it's not like they had replicators and space pyramids. They spent hundreds of years fighting each other and never had to deal with any of the threats other races had. They even found the idea of taking cities strange because they never moved beyond meeting in an open plain to fight and then barter for hostages and other ransoms. Not until Nagash, that is.

>dark scary woods filled with beastmen who rape anything less than a full army
>small white dicks
>armor made by hairy Mannlet refugees and outcasts
>literally fanfiction
FTFY

Not to mention almost everything imperials achived was due to Dwarfs and elves. Nehekarans figured out all of their shit on their own/from their own gods, they didn't need hand me downs from the ayys and the manlets

Pray pay me heed, but I must insist that it is we, the Bretonnians, who are truly the most fortunate and majestic in the world today.

Best at getting BTFO in everyone else's rulebooks

Anyone have that picture of brets getting REKT by tomb kangz?

Re posting my question from the tail end of the last thread:
Re: 9th Age- if you take a doombull as a general you get perminant frenzy for all mino templates. So how does that work if you loose combat & flee? You dont loose frenzy, but you're running away. Do you rally or can you like charge something if its in range...? It just seems like a strange interaction

>the great-grand Skaven Underempire was here-here
>dwarf-things, elf-things, man-things, and dead-things are fool-fools!

"8 syhinxes? I guess I can make room in my schedule"

Stupid idiots tried to resurrect to make him suck their cocks, but they forgot one thing: Settra doesn't kneel. So instead Settra sucked Nagash's cock, because Nagash is a fucking giant and Settra can suck his cock standing up. Checkmate, stupid idiots!

>>literally fanfiction
>KFC got Naieth the Prophetess puss,
>Magnus the Pious shagged Genevieve

Didn't Magnus just feel her up?

That is what she said.

Who do we believe, Magnus the savior of the Empire? Or some non-canon sloot?

magnus desu. he was also probably autistic
>weeping tears of blood
what a fucking fruit.

What's some appropriate music to play while GMing WFRP? Can anyone recommend me anything beyond 'generic traveling music'?

German oompa music.

Panzerlied's instrumental version.

Groose'd theme for an encounter with a friendly ogre.

Classical music, especially if you can sync events.

>just started reading my first WH fantasy book after mostly just reading 40k
>find out the MC (darkblade) fucking dies along with basically the entire world

thanks GW...

Any songs in particular? Groose's theme works pretty nicely.

Who needs character driven works when you can have personalityless hunks of gold and lightning?

I haven't played either WH or 40k in over 7 years but I still like to read the fiction. It seems GW went full retard.

Guess that's what I get for checking out what's changed in the fluff since I last played. Should of just stuck with the novels

Deus Irae for cavalry charges?

>still no Tomb Kings in Total War

>Playing WFRPG 2ed
>Players start in Hochland, because small and central, plenty of option for adventures
>Do some adventuring, kill goblins etc
>Get contacted by a companion of Count Ludenhof
>They are hired to go explore the Brass Keep
>Game is set ten years after SoC, so it should be abandoned
>Chaos warriors left, but they left the area full of corruption and degenrates, including a Chaos Spawn
>Cultist have reclaimed part of the keep, led by a sorcerer of Nurgle

If we pull this off and manage to clear it out, would it be canon for us to ask the Elector Count for ownership of the Brass Keep and turn it into the PC's headquarters?

We are halfway through our second careeer btw

Allow me to make the argument for Balthasar Gelt keeping his Sigmarine dudes in Endhammer, even though I know a lot of people hate it.

1. Balthasar Gelt is being framed as the Empire's Dr. Doom. Dr. Doom is known for having an army of robot-clone warriors. I think it would be a funny reference for Balthasar Gelt to have an elite guard of warriors crafted in his image... and the Sigmarine heads look like Gelt already.

2. Gelt's an arrogant necromancer/metalwizard. I don't think it's too far-fetched to imagine he could create enchanted suits of armor and then bind souls to them in order to animate them.

3. It offers anyone running a Gelt army the ability to run Monstrous Infantry as specials that add a little flavor to an Empire army.

4. If you bought Sigmarines in the initial AoS sales rush, you can use them (but only the basic hammer and shield guys).

I figure this is something contentious enough it deserves a strawpoll. Though, ultimately I don't know if as many care as they did about elves.

strawpoll.me/11278455

>humans

how would early Bretonnian Armor look like?

I'm talking Gille- immediately post Gille era Bretonnians.

>qts

Sappherians and Yvressians got a bad gene.

others look fine.

If the ancient tapestry depiction of Giles le Breton is accurate - he's wearing chainmail hauberk and a surcoat, as well as using a barrel helm - this would place his armor around roughly a 12th century level, where the modern Bretonnian armor is more around a 14th century level - it still uses a barrel helm (though by that point in real history it had been replaced by a bascinet), but they wear armored greaves, a breastplate, and have proper gauntlets, where someone in Giles' time would have used mail mittens.

However, this 'ancient' tapestry might not be as old as Giles himself. Or, Giles being a wealthy man at the time, he could have had armor beyond what most knights were wearing. There's plenty of room to headcanon it if you want early Bretonnian armor to be more at a Dark Age level, or closer to the Normans.

>elf spends a century carving his bolt thrower to look like a eagle
>gets outshot and outranged by mass produced imperial artillery that destroys his faggot carving
>proceeds to cry.

Bretonnia has conquered

For the Lady.

ayy, doesn't he get killed by urian poisonblade?

Any nobles from Hochland in your party? What are your connections?

Negotiating pay AFTER doing a job never ends well...

Mo' like Setra GETS served, amiright?

Four questions
>Wat mod
>Where to get
>Is good?
>Does it have High Elves?

>Geheimnisnacht
>Paradox Forums
>very
>yes but the last update gave them horrible AYY portraits

every race is in the game and playable. but watch out for Vlads rapetrain at the beginning of the game.

anyone have some nice conversions for a hell pit abomination? Just got one as a gift and want to zazz it up.

Can someone fill me in on what Grimgor and the Boyz are getting up to in Endhammer?

Jesus H fucking CHRIST! How does anyone stop that train of doom?!

I may need some more practice... Furthest I've got in the main game is uniting Ireland or Finland... And I'm increasingly unsatisfied with those games... Just something about them... I guess the start date's too early for good Medieval goings-on, but any later and things become something of a cluster-fuck with the HRE blob.

And balls. Why do elves always get AYYed? They're supposed to be gorgeous, aren't they? ...Does it work with the portrait customiser? And are lifespans adjusted for longer-lived races, like Slaan or vampires?

No nobles, just a Dwarf veteran, an Elf journeyman wizard, a human would be knight, an Halfling master thief and a human physician.

We'd either want it for us, or be allowed to stay there when not adventuring, making it our headquarters to plan future adventures

The proto-bretonnians weren't that different from modern brets. The lady's influence had more to do with laws, codes societal changes and magical blessings. For the most part they were always Knights who built castles. They modeled themselves after the elves way before the lady came into the picture

>How does anyone stop that train of doom?!
you either try to kill vlad yourself by whatever means possible, or hope one of his underlings steals his ring and kills him / revolts

>aren't they?
there's like 1 or 2 face part combos that fit well and create a good looking face, but most times it just looks off. Customizer works, but you'll probably have to replace the new portraits with the old ones (still in game and used on some elven cultures) if you want to play as elves

>And are lifespans adjusted for longer-lived races, like Slaan or vampires
the lifespan mechanics work surprisingly well, though some characters seem to die randomly due to the inherent coding of the game with death.

But the lifespans are about as accurate as you can get, some races being able to live virtually indefinate through special traits and racial health levels.

does it have a mega archive?
I hate that paradox locks mods behind their paradoxplaza forums.

>Why do elves always get AYYed? They're supposed to be gorgeous, aren't they?
I prefer them that way instead of your regular good looking human + pointy ears. Though that must not mean that they are ugly, they can emanate beauty by other means, charisma, movement, voice...

I think Grimgor's probably gonna be the source of the next major poll.

At the moment, he's conquered Northern Cathay and is having fun because southern Cathay has so many people and they keep sending waves of men at him to slaughter and the Hung in the north do the same. But eventually he'll get bored and go back west, fighting the Ogres.

On his way to Cathay, he fucked up the Chaos Dwarfs something royal.

I prefer them the way AoR made them, judging by twink elf statues TWW is going for prettier look which is good.

That's pretty much a human with pointy ears.

they looked best in Artwork and In-Game

but the cutscene elves put me off.

AoR did them well. They were beautiful, but veeery slightly inhuman and alien.

The problem is when people try to take it too far and they end up looking aaaayy with none of the beauty they're supposed to have.

If you're basing this off of reynolds fanfiction, he didn't take on the chaos dwarfs until way after cathay. Chaos dwarfs are a much harder foe to crack than the weebs, doesn't make sense for him to just wreck them while passing through

His order of conquest was
Eastern orcs
Hobgoblins
Cathay/chaos forces in cathay
nippon/clan Eshin
ogres right as he gained a power up
Chaos dwarfs once he had his full WAAAGH with all types of greenskins and ogres

Does this look like ayy to you?

no helmet.

Druchii for comparison

user, nobody is arguing for making them looking completely alien. But I see no advantage in depicting them in a way that if you would cut out the pointy ears you would ne able to distuingish them from a human.

making them look complete ayylmaos like eldarfags do is equally cancerous.

You are wrong.

Eldar are not ayys.

>making them look complete ayylmaos like eldarfags do is equally cancerous
>user, nobody is arguing for making them looking completely alien
Thanks for your opinion.

You should be able to explain why. Also, this guy pretty much has the "hawkish features" elf faces are destribed as, just not very extreme.

>49463848
Three of your party are not even human, which puts their odds somewhere at the 'laughing anime bitches' level. A knight might inherit, but not if he's from one of Hochland's neighbors, I bet.

But your DM may be of a different mind.

Still would bang, masculine girls are my fetish.

He doesn't have ugly dark slant eyes and skin that would make Vlad von Carstein jelly.

>no tsundere high elf supremacist waifu who slowly falls for obvious self insert protagonist.

>elves falling for humans ever

>elf butthurt he got MONKEIGHED

What do you think is more lore-appropriate?

Who would win in a fight between Ungrim Ironfist and Grimgor Ironhide? I always wanted to see these guys duke it out.

Statwise or lorewise?

Statwise i guess grimgor would have the upper hand, but lorewise Ungrim seems literally unable to die.

They'd probably kill eachoother off

Honestly, memeing aside?

I think human/elf relationships should be rare, owing in part due to the vastly different perspectives the two races have, as well as the vanishingly short comparative human lifespan.

I imagine that such relationships may be more common where elves and humans interact regularly, but probably rarely progress past friendship or a few screwings.

>Ubersreik
So *that* is the reason why they needed the dwarves dwarves to rebuild their bridge!

Endhammer Campaign 2: Grimgor, the Green Scourge of Sigmar.

The greatest Waaagh! in memory, larger even than that of Gorbad Ironclaw, breaks through the shattered wall of the World's Edge Mountains to flood the weakened Empire.

During Settra's campaign, Ungrim stubbornly shut the Dwarfs in their mountain fortresses. He had already lost one home marching out to save the manlings from Chaos. He would not put Dwarf civilization in jeopardy again. Though, not to be called an oathbreaker, he did send miners to sabotage the paths of the undead legion through the Badlands and the Black Mountains and gave permission to any Dwarfs of the Grey Mountains to join up with the defenses of Nuln.

But there is nothing which can keep a Dwarf from a fight with the Grobi.

So it was that a glittering host of Dwarf from Karaz-a-Karak marched into the southern Empire, High King Ungrim finding himself once again in the fields of Averland as he went to do battle for the humans.

Recovering provinces like Ostermark, Stirland, and Talabecland are shocked back into reality by the eastern horde. The Cult of Sigmar preaches that Grimgor's Waaagh! containing Orcs and Goblins of all dispositions, and even ogres, is a punishment sent from God against an Empire which has failed to unite in the wake of the storm of chaos and the near-coming of the End Times.

Heinrich Todbringer and Luitpold von Holswig-Schliestein II are forced to band together, once again, to fight an outside force. If only one of them would die and end this rivalry once and for all.

Grimgor's Waaagh! smashes through, crushes some garrisons, besieges some cities. Washes up against Talabheim (still an aegis of the Empire), where he meets a united army + Dwarfs.

It could go either way honestly, they've both slain many champions of each other's races. Depends on what the author wants as the outcome of the battle. If I had to pick a winner of say it's Grimgor. Grimgor would likely beat any of the dwarf characters one on one except maybe Gotrek

Final Battle:

Heinrich Todbringer, always brash and warlike and wanting to finally show he's the true inheritor of the Empire, charges forward with his Knights Panther at the right wing of the greenskin line, where Grimgor and Immortulz are cutting through Empire halberdiers.

Impetuous and bold, he rides directly at the black orc warboss. But with a single swing, Grimgor chops his lance in twain and decapitates his warhorse. The young Graf of Middenheim gets to his feet, readying shield and warhammer, while Knights Panther try to ride to his protection. Grimgor growls at one of the Immortulz who tries to get a swing at Heinrich.

"No. Dis one's mine. 'E's got da biggest 'elmet. Dat means 'e's da humie boss.'

Fight ensues, with Grimgor mostly toying with Heinrich (though Heinrich gets the spike of his hammer in between Grimgor's cuisse and greave, prompting the orc to punch him in the chest and break a few ribs. An Immortul cuts down the Knights Panther carrying the Graf's personal standard.

As Grimgor's about to kill the Graf, there's a metallic crash. The Immortulz are bowled over by swinging hammers and the charging Throne of Power, its carriers bloodied and wounded. An Immortul cuts the legs out from under one of the forward throne carriers, causing it to launch High King Ungrim at Grimgor, axe in hand, bowling the giant warboss back from the Graf.

Seeing a Dwarf with a pointy hat, Grimgor knows he's got the Dwarf Boss in his sights... and the climactic battle of Orc and Dwarf begins!

And now I'm pretty sure my writing isn't good enough to do it justice.

Empire and dwarfs BTFO, Settra fights greenskins in the ruined lands of the empire. That's the only logical way this ends

I imagine the Jade-Blooded are in hiding, then? I'm not sure they'd fancy a war with Grimgor.

Nah. Settra's invasion's gotta lose for story reasons.

Gelt pulls a Manny and backstabs.

>Settra invades the Empire
>dwarfs hiding
>Grimgor hears of a good fight out west, rushes toward it
>dwarfs try to hold off grimgor's waaagh! at the world's edge mountains, promptly get btfo
>karaz-a-karak is about to fall, but grimgor's gotten bored and keeps seeking out that big fight he heard so much about
>grimgor presses onwards
>the kangz are wrecking the shit out of the empire, when grimgor arrives and start krumpin' gitz
>empire looks finished as the greenskins slaughter their way through the empire to get to the kangz
>against their better judgment, the dwarfs arrive to aid the empire
>all-out slugfest as its empire+dwarfs vs greenskins vs tomb kangz
>dwarfs help empire make a tactical retreat, leave grimgor and settra to duke it out in the ashes of the empire
>unstoppable force meets immovable object
>bretonnia enters the fray and rallies the dwarfs and empire
>combined force of bretonnia, dwarfs, and empire, return to find greenskins and kangz still duking it out
>the combined might of man and dwarf is enough to upset the balance of power
>the armies of the tomb kings and greenskins are both heavily depleted from fighting each other
>alliance of man and dwarf is able to turn the tide, greenskins start to break and the tomb kings start retreating south
>grimgor and what remains of his waaagh! pursues the absolutely furious settra and his forces into the badlands
>nobody knows what exactly happened after that
>both grimgor and settra survived and both claimed to have been victorious against the other
>grimgor, incredibly content with the best fight he's had in years, marches the remnants of his waaagh! back east
>settra goes home, absolutely furious

pls r8

>tomb kings
>depleted
Please

Does anyone have an intact PDF of the 8th edition Daemons of Chaos book? I wanna read up on Papa Nurgle's realm, but the pdf on the trove is missing that page.

My honest opinion is to stop trying to shoehorn every hypothetical situation that pops up here into endhammer. This being the ending to a 1-2 punch invasion by grimgor and Settra before the endtimes reeks of HFY. Having his occur right after Archaons invasion where most of the empire is in ruins just doesn't make any sense

weird that you accuse me of HFY when i actually dislike it a lot

i just thought it was a cool scenario

I like this a lot.

Campaign for Endhammer. They take place -after- the initial Endhammer scenario. Empire has begun recovering. I don't see it as shoe-horning so much as people not wanting to inject their fan ideas into the solid scenario of the pre-End Times fantasy which everyone loves.

Incorporate the Gelt back-stab idea and have him do something to fuck with the Tomb Kings because Settra revealed to him that he doesn't plan to let Gelt rule the Empire but instead plans to turf it.

It's a very cool scenario.

Looking to get back into WHFB with a friend. Can someone explain what the deal with 9th age is? What was so wrong with 8th edition that someone decided to revamp it? Any major changes?

I haven't played since 6th, but from what I understand it's basically that GW tried to push the big kits and bigger unit sizes for troops that eventually lead to stuff like mob rules, i.e. units with 40+ modes get boni etc.

In other words GW made the mistake to try and use rules as incentive for sales, which made WHFB bloated and even less accessible for beginners, which is ultimately what lead to it's demise.

GW lives off of the wide eyed new customer that buys a starter kit and a few supplemental things. After they got the money for that stuff most customers become economically uninteresting.

Instead of fixing the problem with the rules the system had they killed of the setting instead though.

9th Age is supposedly an attempt to rebalance the armybook against each other better and fix some of the issues 8th had.
Couldn't tell you more about it though. As I said I haven't played in a while.

I for one loved the Horde rules. Made big blocks of infantry viable. And I love big blocks of infantry.

yeah, just saying as a beginner painting any miniature is daunting and takes a long time.
Now imagine looking at a game where the meta dictates that the standard block of infantry is 40 models big.

How likely is it that, that would be somebody's first game? Ironically GW even had Mordheim and Warhammer skirmish, for smaller scale stuff.
They just should have included the rules for that in the BRB like they did with Kill Team for 40k.

Write more of dis. With characters.

Does High King Ungrim ever fight Grimgor? Does Grimm Burloksson blow up a ton of skellies?

Does Vlad finally get put in his place by a real lord of the undead (i.e. Settra)?

Gotrek is literally a Godslayer, you can't bring him into the equation

They were coming out with a fucking Mordheim game and with Vermintide. The cross marketing speaks for itself.

They could have revived Mordheim as a skirmish version of Fantasy. Sell special Saltzpyre, Kruber minis.