That Guy Thread

>ctrl+F
>That guy
>No thread
>whelp time to make it

>Playing Pokemon PTU.
> Player keeps making unfunny jokes about my characters nickname
> Laughs out loud at his joke that nobody else finds funny
>Tell him for the 3000x time that nobody finds his joke funny and to please stop
>He tells me to get over it and repeats its over and over
> uncomfortable silence at the table
>People refuse to acknowledge that hes being a total jerk

>GM switches him to other party.
>starts telling other party what a jerk i was and instigating inter party tensions.

>TFW I just want to quit the game
> Please talk me out of it TG

Second story

>Call same player a faggot in game
>GM gets super offended and tells me that i cant say that in his safe space
> get 50 min talk after game about it
> forget .jpeg
>next session
> same guy starts up again about my characters nickname and what a joke it is
>call him a faggot again in character
> GM tells me im offending his safe space

>TFW when the GM talks to me 2 hours after words about how much words can hurt him.

Just leave, you can find a better group. No it isn't worth staying, stop trying to justify it.

This is justifiable
This is just being an unreasonable douche, appreciate your GM or find a new one

Sooooo, what was your nickname? We need to know. For science.

I swear to whatever gods out there, if its something about MLP, I am joining That Guy in making fun of it.

Cherry as in "Popping your cherry"
Also because he played a Cherry Wood color guitar (Im a bard)
> Pic related

His jokes would have been funny if it was virginity jokes. Nope

Instead we get "Cherry Garcia Ice Cream LOL" Jokes

Please tell me you are a dwarf.

sorry user, its pokemon. Im a 18 year old oprhan kid from cinnabar

It's too early to bait this hard user.

Fucking faggots and their safe spaces need to die off already.

But why though? You can call people faggots over here, and have a safe zone over there. If they require different things to have a good time, you don't force the guy to like what you like, you go your separate ways and stop wasting fucking time actively trying to offend people.

>DM and need more people using roll20 (I know)
>get a guy the day before the session and still in a rush to make everything look nice so I just skim over his character and other than some snowflake faggotry seems fine
>day of session
>get an introductory scenario done in about twenty minutes and everything seems fine
>"Hrnk..D-Do you want me to roll it now? Pfftft "
>me-umm...sure?
>rolls a 10x10 grid and says his bodily waste is teleported there XXDDDDDD
>wut.jpg
>"Dude did you even read my backstory?"
>begin to read it and realize I've entered his magical realm
>character is apparently wearing an enchanted chastity belt locked in place and cannot be removed without reciting all 10 words in 10 set languages that are inscribed on it
>this made his character (a female elf(because of course it is)) not able to defacate and her parents hired a wizard to put a spell to teleport her bodily waste in the area around her
>me-really man?
>"lololol I know right? Thought it would make for some comedy relief XDDDDD"
>Everyone is pretty meh about it so I just move on and don't make it a big deal
>get to fortress gate and they need to enter, tell them the toll and most pay it, some sneak in, but new guy "flash them my tits"
>me-one of three thing will happen then and I'll roll to see. Either they will arrest you, they will allow you entry because tits XD, or they just won't let you pass
>"Do you not see my character art though? I'm hot as fuck!"
>me-that's not how this works. Your CHA is the measurement of your force of personality and all that, there's no "sexiness" stat to give you free shit so do your CHA roll and I'll roll a save for them to determine their reaction
>throws a hissy fit and just pays the toll
>they get inside the first tavern and everyone else is getting information on any jobs, who are the BIPs to get comfy with, what's to drink, etc.
>new guy is just "Are there any females here?"
>roll for females, there's four
cont.

>that guy
>cmon guys that guy thread
>I HATE THAT GUY SO MUCH LET ME TALK ABOUT HIM

Where is This guy?

Eat shit, you fucking pussy. Man up or fuck off. Your feelings don't dictate my actions, and if you can't handle it I'm not going to curtail myself for the sake of your comfort.

OP, leave the game. You can do better.

It's his game, as fun as it is to call people faggots if it's his house it's his rules.

This isn't complicated it's basic social etiquette.

Op here, its roll20 user

>"I walk up to them and flirt, what do they look like?"
>audible groans from rest of party
>roll for looks and beards (dwarvish country, dwarvish women were the rolls, and they all rolled for beards)
>"well fuck that then, I try to shave one of their beards"
>rest of party seems to know how important beards are hear and tells his character to stop
>tells them to fuck off but dwarves push him away
>says "fine" and goes to dark corner
>few minutes go by and everything seems norma-suddenly a bow attack appears
>"I'm trimming her beard with my arrow"
>crit miss, shoots her in the throat
>eceryone begins to panic and he just walks up "what happened here?"
>>everyone notices his longbow and puts two together
>party gets guards on them
>they are getting their asses beat
>the entire time new guy is whispering me how this is bullshit, and others are whispering me on how he's telling them this is bullshit
>they end up casting fog multiple times into the city and escaping but not before "accidentally" injuring new guy and getting him killed
Next session
>kept him because he said he learned his lesson and makes an Aarakocra
>first fucking town they get two
>"I fly as high as I can into the air"
>everyone is anticipating his faggotry
>"and begin to shut in people's roof XXDDD"
>fucking knew it
>goes to the houses of wealthy nobles and tells the head caretakers (was pissed someone of his lowly stature was not allowed to see the nobles themselves) he will clean their roof of bird shit for a hefty sum.
>gets told he will get paid copper if anything
>raged in chat that he cannot go to rags to riches from cleaning his own shit from rooftops and leaves

Fucking roll20.

ironic, because you're insinuating YOUR feelings (you feel that there shouldn't be safe spaces and people should man up) should dictate OTHERS' actions (just completely removing their safe space just because you're a faggot)

if some faggot gm wants a safe space there isn't jack shit you can do about it, kid.

Because the DM is being a hypocrite in that user's words are hurtful and need to be stopped, but That Guy's painful jokes don't need to be ended.

All those safe-space hypocrites need to just an hero if they can't sack up.

If your DM has problems with 'faggot' or swear words why not accommodate him ? Insulting someone is an art! You are a bard for fucks sake!

Wright a song about that guy character. Make some research about his background and create targeted insults that don't use expletives. Make his life hell.

Frankly trying to fight bards with words is suicide. It begs for a bard to publicly humiliate his opponent.

>Be me, rather than someone else
>The GM is a masterful crafter of stories and has created worlds so elaborate that Tolkien himself would be envious
>Everything is literally perfect, especially considering that I’m there
>I have never been wrong my entire life and everyone agrees on that
>Our fifteenth hundred session and the GM invited THAT GUY
>A crooked nosed, rat-faced, triple tumblr landwhale nazi dyke bulldozer megaloracist
>I am aware that zhe will be a problem before anyone else, because I can judge people perfectly immediately after meeting someone for the first time
>THAT GUY brings a min maxxed furry supremacist siamese twin anthro wolf-fox-dog half-kender chaotic evil wizard which is lifted DIRECTLY out of a fan fiction which I read one time
>Our session starts and THAT GUY is immediately introduced, and his only attempts at roleplaying are COMPLETELY WRONG and in a way I DON’T LIKE
>I politely inform him that zhe is playing the game wrong, and present to zhim completely irrefutable evidence that zhe was wrong
>My speech was so eloquent that everyone at the table could only look on in awe at me, amazed by my perfect arguments and unrelenting reason
>Rat-face the tumblr landwhale appears to be immune to my flawless logic and gets really angry at me for absolutely no reason
>I remind zhe that I have never been wrong in my entire life and I wasn’t going to start now
>Rat-face chimps out, flipping the table so hard that it does a double flip and lands perfectly where it was before, the action causing zher blubber to stretch out like taffy and nearly suffocate everyone in the room with it
>Everyone automatically agrees with me that zhe is That Guy without me having to ask for their opinion
>I pick up Rat-face and somehow manage to throw zhim out of the room, through the window
>And then everybody clapped

And that is my completely accurate story about THAT GUY, where I did literally nothing wrong. For a completely truthful That Guy thread.

>run PF campaign
>everyone just got to level 2
>That Guy and another player already bitching they made shit characters
>both want to commit suicide
>do so by walking out into the wilds where there are tons of lions
>brobarian isn't having any of it
>actively tries to save these retards
>picks a fight with a lion to do so
>carries both unconscious idiots back
>in the process, one is stolen and eaten by a lion
>the other one is safely carried back
>unconscious and stable below 0 HP
>no healer in the party
>two dumbass barbarians trying to determine whether he still lives
>they think he's died
>"we must give him a worthy ending! build a pyre!"
>toss unconscious guy onto the pyre
>roll fire damage and chance for him to wake up (was kinda hoping they'd realize and pluck him off)
>in his last round alive, he wakes up
>he screams, because he's on fire
>"did you hear that? That was his spirit escaping to the spirit realm!"

Brobarian really carried that campaign.

>cant say that in his safe space
>Safe Space

FUCK YOU! fuuuuuck you! Where the hell was My safe space growing up? Huh?! I'm a massively introverted nerd, and growing up was a lot more high-strung. Do you have ANY IDEA how much crap I got for that in Junior High and High School? DO YOU!? DID I GET A "SAFE SPACE"? Fuck no! I got full frontal bullshit for SEVEN FUCKING YEARS! So Don't you be talking to me about fucking "safe spaces" you get the hard knocks like everybody else!

sorry user, I'm not mad at you, just your GM, I just needed to get that off my chest

No no no. You're fucking confused.

A safe space dictates a LACK of action. Restriction. That's the difference. Yeah, he can ask for a safespace, but OP is under no obligation to adhere to it and should leave the game.

If you want a safe space, go home. That's what private property is for.

>SEVEN FUCKING YEARS
Correction: six years, in my nerd spasm I forgot how to count.

underage detected

If OP wants to be a part of the group then he is obligated to adhere to it. Assuming it's the GM's private property or even a chat room he moderates or something then he makes the rules.

And what exactly prevents you from growing a beard?

so, what? because you got bullied, that means people have to endure discrimination?

i mean, wouldn't you want to stop discrimination because you were discriminated against?

>underage detected
Or, possibly, just hit a nerve, ever considered that?

In other words, you've been triggered by the suggestion of safe spaces, leading to wanting a safe space where safe spaces aren't allowed?

It doesn't get any more meta than that. Well done, I guess.

>because you got bullied, that means people have to endure discrimination?
I'm 100% against bullying, and discrimination, I hate that shit with a passion you can not begin to comprehend. However, that same passion can go the other way if someone were to "cry wolf". You familiar with that phrase?

besides "safe spaces" isn't the solution anyway, seems too much like segregation to be a solution if you ask me.

I guess you're on of those guys that someone of your group wrote story about

>leading to wanting a safe space where safe spaces aren't allowed?
I don't want a safe space, I want those who keep claiming they need a safe space to grow some thicker skin.

Looks like someone didn't like your thousand year old kitsune loli.

Don't be such a faggot next time.

>If you want a safe space, go home. That's what private property is for.

Aren't most RPGs played at home?

I swear she said she was eighteen thousand years old, officer.

That also extends to you, you little bitch. The guy complaining here about "safe spaces" is the one who couldn't handle his character's nickname being made fun of. So like the triggered little cunt he is, he lashes out, and then erects his magical safe space barrier where that is all OK, but being called out on that in turn is magically unacceptable because "muh safe space".

And it's really a wrong use of the word "safe space", which typically means a blanket ban, sometimes even on racial or gender basis. This is not a blanket ban. This is the GM telling players not to call other players "faggot" at the table. Which, in turn triggers the shit out of you, hence the accusation of you needing a safe space in which you can call people faggots.

Fuck "safe spaces" and the notion that someone's enough of a limp wristed pussy to throw a tantrum and plug their ears anytime they hear words they don't like. I'm 100% against the joking of serious topics like rape, or shit like that in public because, yeah, that shits traumatizing. With my friends in the privacy of our homes? Sure, we've all made some pretty fucked up jokes. The notion, though, that college kids have to be given special warnings and rooms to go hide in because someone is teaching mean scary words is a fucking joke, though. Deal with the real world, or get out of it and leave room for those who will.

Yeah, but not necessarily the DM's home. They are also played in game stores, libraries, and rarely...outside.

Amen. The weak should be food for the strong.

Again, the criticism is of the GM's hypocrisy in demanding words hurtful to him be disallowed, but an unfunny asshole being tolerated.

Fuck hypocrites.

12/10 would kek again.

Well let's be honest, If the GM doesn't want that word used around his table because he finds it offensive, that's his business. more the rage here is more directed at "safe Spaces" in general like what is talking about. Really, in hindsight what OP's GM is demanding is not a "Safe Space" but respect from his players, which should be a given. So I will give you that, and apologize.

But since this is Veeky Forums, and the word 'safe space' has been evoked we're going to go on a massive off-topic discussion about IRL special snowflakes and the bullshit they are peddling! until we either get bored with that or the mods delete our posts, whichever comes first!

That's not hypocrisy, cum for brains. Hypocrisy would be if the other guy were to call the player a "shithead" and that would be fine, but then saying "faggot" would not be. That'd be oversensitive, if you'd ask me.

But the other guy is only quoted as making lame, but inoffensive jokes. If that triggers you into full-on cursing, YOU are the asshole.

And if you're still the same guy as that's just classic Cycle of Abuse thinking. You got abused, so that gives you the right to abuse others. Utterly retarded crab basket mentality that only makes the world worse. We don't owe you shit because you got bullied, son. And if you sit down at someone's table, you follow their rules, whether that means not saying "faggot" or exclusively building glitterdog furfag characters with genitalia the size of planets. Their table, their rules, and you are free to leave if those rules don't mesh with your personal playstyle.

you're playing PTU so you're either surrounded by sperg freakazoids or are one yourself and somehow think you're above your tumblr-using group.

not knowing how to be a decent human and hold your tongue for jokes only you find funny is exactly what the guy you're complaining about is doing.

you know the difference? the unfunny nickname the other guy's using doesn't demean any other players in any way.

life isn't Veeky Forums, faggot. you can't call people "faggot" and think everyone will just be as okay with it as you are. Stupid fucking faggot.

Yeah, it's not really a safe space. It's just used as a derogatory term, here, to imply that the GM is a control freak.

Either way, I just find the stereotypical "triggered" response to the idea of certain social rules being enforced to be entertaining in its own right. Like I said, it's very meta to be triggered by the idea of a safe space.

>Barbarian burns the other in a Pyre
Incredible

I am but I'm not The guy you've been arguing with, and...

Okay so, cards on the table. I hate seeing people get bullied, Really hate it, I try to be respectful of people and try to be considerate of others feelings BECAUSE I know how much it sucks. As far as I am concerned once OP said that he didn't like people making fun of his character's name it should have stopped right there, because after that It's just being mean. and yes OP is also upon reflection, OP is also a dick for not respecting his GM's wishes. I guess I'm saying that I'm revising my earlier statement to say everyone involved in OP's story is an asshole.

My disdain for safe spaces in college is more towards the fact that the people calling for them are not really being bullied, but rather are interpreting benign speech & proper verbiage and/or exposure to opinions different from their own as discrimination and bullying. Which DOES piss me off because it cheapens the word and pulls sympathy away from people who are ACTUALLY getting bullied or discriminated against. It's like people crying rape when they have had shitty sex is doing a disservice to actual rape victims because the police are now going to be suspicious of the victim because now the question has to be asked "Was she really raped? or was it consensual but underwhelming?" See where I'm coming from?

>Yeah, it's not really a safe space. It's just used as a derogatory term, here, to imply that the GM is a control freak.
Did not catch that...
Yep, going to go ahead and reiterate my new opinion that EVERYONE in OP's story is a total jackass.

Not him, but it might be his genes.

Have you told this story before?

The part about shitting on houses and offering to clean it for money seems really familiar.

Yes, he did. I remember that story too

Yeah, actual safe spaces are bullshit, because they go much farther than just asking of people not to curse or anything. They're POLITICAL safe spaces, where one ideology reigns supreme and also regards itself as superior. It's an echo box, and "space space" is just a savvy rebranding of that concept.

OP here, it might also be that the GM is very very flamboyant gay. As said, i feel the GM is being a hypocrite about it.

>it might also be that the GM is very very flamboyant gay

And you thought he would be okay with you flinging around the word faggot? There's a difference between doing that and telling an unfunny joke a bunch of times.

>Player: say one more pun and I'm going to kill your character off!

Who's the That Guy here?

>gay man does not like being called a faggot at his own table

Yeah, what a hypocrite, boy oh boy!

And once again, OP is That Guy. And a faggot.

Ive known him since he was 5 and I was 4. He wasnt always gay. Also I was not calling him a faggot. My character was calling another a faggot in character

That Guy is making ad hoem attacks and just being a douche. I didnt start it but I want to finish it.

No idea what your going on about here

see

EVERYBODY IN THIS THREAD SUCKS DICK

KILL YOURSELVES

>No idea what your going on about here
player repeatedly making puns at the table and the player who threatens to kill his PC if he doesn't stop.

better question: Do you allow puns at the table at all?

honestly it sounds like you're "That Guy"

You forgot
>A STATISTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE AMOUNT OF NATURAL D20S THAT ALLOW THE PROTAGONIST OF THE STORY TO PREVAIL and
>EVERYONE IS PLAYING A NEBULOUS HOMEBREW THAT CONVENIENTLY ALLOWED EVERYTHING TO TRANSPIRE EXACTLY LIKE THE STORY SAYS BUT IT IS NEVER DESCRIBED IN ANY DETAIL
otherwise pretty believable

No, I think that's another equally and totally true genre of greentext

>Be person
>Playing game with bro and otherbro
>A thing happens which is bad
>Emphasis on badness
>bro who is a bro tries 'cause he is a bro
>Natural fucking number
>Pick up my die
>"Don't worry guys I got this"
>Roll a Natural. Fucking. Number.
>Bro loses his shit
>DM cuts in "you have to confirm"
>Another natural number.
>Thing that was bad isn't bad now but good
>shit was cash

>btw this is totally not how it actually happens in game but we were using home rules so lol

>Wasn't always gay
Lol

I wonder if they experimented as teenagers

NIgga, going by your logic, I should've a cracker as a slave now.

Why don't you people ever read something about our lord Jesus Christ and learn to forgive, rather than remind bitterly your past forever?

>flips table to hard it spins twice and falls back perfectly where it was

Kek/10

>Why don't you people ever read something about our lord Jesus Christ and learn to forgive, rather than remind bitterly your past forever
Tell that to all those peaceful protesting googles in Charlotte right now

>character name is a sex joke
>gets mad when people make jokes about it

Because OP would have to be a clever wordsmith to pull it off, and judging from the fact that he's A: playing PTU and B: Asking people to talk him out of the game, we can conclude that OP is a massive faggot.

>I am a that guy and my real non meme autism prevents me from becoming self aware
alternatively
I'm pretending to be retarded in a fictional situation for tasty (you)s

>Say something the GM doesn't like
>GM tells you not to do it
>Do it again
>GM tells you again to not do it
>Baw my GM is so terrible fucking safe space pussies

Or you could be a reasonable person and realize "hey, people have different ideas of what's okay to say and not say." I say faggot all the time, I am jokingly racist all the time. If someone feels uncomfortable I stop because I don't want to be a dick to someone I don't hate for no reason.

Safe spaces in the sense of "this university room doesn't allow dissenting opinions so they don't result in hurt feelings" are retarded, but refusing to bow to common courtesy when someone asks you not to say something is just being a dick. Your GM was nice enough to tell you to not do it twice instead of banning you the first time like a sperg or banning you the second time for ignoring his request.

Beyond that's you don't know people's stories, perhaps your GM has a reason for hating when people use that word, just like someone might have a reason to dislike dead baby jokes or rape jokes or cancer jokes. Maybe, just maybe you could be a reasonable person and say "sorry about that GM, I forgot that you didn't like it when I say faggot, I will try to remember that in the future, and please call me out on it when I say it."

his GM held him up for literally an hour each time trying to get it into his thick skull that he's in the wrong and he still came online to make this thread where he frames it as if the GM harassed him by doing so.

That's the best part, to me. How the fuck do you literally refuse to budge for an hour with a guy you've known all your life when you're the one being shitty to him? this thread gets harder to take as true every time i visit it.

>implying you shouldn't call out fictional stories that rely on people believing it really happened to be entertaining

>stuff from newest chapter is already a (you) meme
that was fast

sir you are allowed to have an opinion on how things work and if a safe space in a game where magical racism is common place. but if you think that a two hour lecture from anyone that isnt a college professor is okay much less reasonable then you need to reevaluate what it means to have social interactions.

saying the word faggot in passing(not even to the one guy who cares) counts as being shitty to someone. that is some real horse hockey user,
i think instead of sympathizing with the GM you just dont want to sympathize with OP.
but thats fine i guess. you are always entitled to your opinion on matters even if most people disagree with you. and even though alot of people in this thread may not like or respect you for it i will always value you as a human being and will value your opinion as i would have you value mine.
pic unrelated

Fuck this, this thread is fucking full of manchildren who complain about other people gettin offended.

Wanna know the fastest way to offend a white dude that complains about other people being offended.

Remind him of white privilege.

You don't get to decide whats offensive to other people. God how thick can you be?

maybe not but being offended at something someone said to someone else is kinda outrageous in most situations (special circumstance withstanding) and holding someone for 50 minutes or two hours is just plain uncalled for in any situation (again special circumstance withstanding) and over something so small such someone calling another someone a faggot for being (in his eyes) a faggot, well that is just being petty.

look user, your allowed to think and do what you want, if you want to tell op that he is wrong for saying faggot and the GM is right for barring him for a lecture then you are allowed. but at some point you need to take off the veil of ignorance and realize that at the very least it is socially unacceptable to try and police the words of others.
but again i respect your opinion and agree with your right to have an opinion that differs with mine. and i hope that you have a wonderful life full of people who treat you as nice as you want OPs gm to be treated.
pic unrelated

Just because you consider it small doesn't mean other people do, theres plenty of people that have been called faggot and had the shit beat out of them.

It's not about you, that's the whole point, it's about being considerate of other people. If it's really that big deal to not call people faggots you're an autistic manchild who should just go home cause you can't play well with others.

And if he was held up for an hour or two hours it was probably because he was being adamant and refusing to convalescence.

>group allows a literal autist to play with them out of pity
>gm even takes 50 minutes out of his day to try and explain why insulting people you are gaming with is not acceptable
>they are the bad guys

And I don't think you would be trying to defend OPs actions and saying it's socially unacceptable to police words if he was sitting at the table calling people nigger. So please fuck off with this pretend high horse.

I think in the end of the day, the real hero's of OP's story is the homosexual tard wrangler who volunteered to GM for the special needs child.

>horse hockey
Why isn't this a sport?

Seriously, and instead of kicking the guy out of the game for doing the same thing he tried patiently to convince him not to do while he obstinately refused to listen he tried to convince him to be reasonable again.

Because calling other players faggots at the table is generally not gonna foster a positive game atmosphere and only make things worse.

look man, i am going off of social norms. it is widely accepted that calling someone a faggot is like a nonsense insult,almost like calling someone a dick. albeit a bit of time ago calling someone a faggot was a harsh insult like how most people in america consider cunt one of those curse words that are just not to be said.
but given social climate of the word faggot it is almost unheard of from people in this day and age to reprimand for others saying it in their presence (special circumstance withstanding)
but i feel i am getting a bit off point, is the GM in his right to reprimand for something he views as offensive? sure, is the player in his right to call someone a faggot? sure, but is the GM in his right to bar someone for 2 hours to make a point (no matter how belligerent OP was being) no way in hell.

but are you allowed to disagree with me or even the OP, your damn right you are. but are you allowed to pretend that the point your making is one commonplace in today social climate? i mean yeah sure but then we get back to that veil of ignorance thing i touched on.

so user you are allowed to think what you will which in this case is that the OP was wrong.
but so am i and personally i think the GM was in the wrong.

and again i want to reiterate, no matter what you are a person with opinions, and you are more than welcome to have them. and even more so i implore you to have them i even encourage it. but i guess to end my point i just want to add that no matter what your a valuable member of the human race and you matter. and i would hate for someone to go to one of your posts on a role-playing image-board and to blindly hate you for your regaling of past events. i do not wish it on OP and i would not wish it on anyone.
pic unrelated.

It is.
It's called Polo

What social norms tell you it's acceptable to angry call people faggots in ANY environment and think it's not going to cause conflict?

You're an idiot.

i would, and i would also defend the right of any people of color in the general area to politely inform (read as coerce with force) that he is in the wrong.
but the social stigma on saying nigger and saying faggot is a little different dont you think?

I don't know if you're being intellectually dishonest or you're just sheltered, but faggot has always been extremely insulting regardless of if you're homosexual or not. In fact, if some spergling called me a faggot he'd be in the market for dentures.

Dude, it's a social norm on Veeky Forums to call someone a faggot, but almost anywhere else in the western world it's quite the insult and can silence an entire room in shock.
This whole "real life" thing people talk about in here is a whole different place with different rules, and although you may think the word has little to no impact because you see and use it on a daily basis, the vast majority of people do not.
The fact that OP and it appears now, you as well needed that spelling out for them is worrying, and you're assuming that it was 2 solid hours of OP being talked to rather than an exchange of information, and even if it was 2 hours of him being talked to, there is probably a reason why the GM thought that was necessary, especially since it wasn't the first time.

The stigma might be different, faggot doesn't have 400 years of racist history, rape, genocide and enslavement behind it. But they are still words that have been both used to dehumanize and insult others.

Angrily calling people deragatory slurs is not within any social norms of acceptability. You're just an intellectually dishonest asshole like said