/exg/ - Exalted General

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18FYdnXLYj0JnBNxNSGIZyi_FZcg085qCyUYoCEtac_8
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

What's the best Elemental Dragon Punching Style, and why is it Wood?

Wrong

Its erf

Punch better, get punched better.

That depends on what you mean. There never has been and likely never will be a rpg with absolutely perfect mechanics. Every one ive ever played has its flaws and rough spots. When people say 'good' they usually just mean that those rough spots are not that terrible and don't take up that much of the game.

>We need details. A lot of details.

So, seen here is Akane the Slayer, refer to previous thread for deets. Akane wanted to learn Sorcery. Trouble is, the first trial of sorcery is Humility, which is less than trivial for a Slayer who's just gotten a personal grand daiklave from Ligier.

Sondok, who's been playing the role of Akane's initial guide and mentor in the Demon City, hears about this and eventually tells Akane to visit a neomah-run house of pleasure (it's only mostly a brothel, it also does illusions). Akane spends a pleasant hour there, living the dream of martial and sexual conquests, then has the abrupt experience of going to an arena, meeting a neomah with a staff, getting curbstomped in five seconds flat.

Wake up from illusion, back in the house of pleasure, same neomah walks in the door, invites Akane to same arena to see how the fight would go for real. Neomah puts up a defensive Form charm, Akane whiff whiff whiff whiff, neomah swing and a miss, Akane whiff whiff whiff whiff, neomah plays defensively, Akane eventually accumulates fatigue and can't lift her grand daiklave any more and starts wondering what higher circle demon in disguise this might be.

Neomah says she's a First Circle demon, but a veteran one, a citizen, a master of two martial arts styles...

...and a sorcerer and certified instructor of sorcery.

"Shall we begin?"

--

And that's the story of a how a Slayer learned humility: here's a non-combat-type First Circle demon who works at a brothel and is a sorcerer, and who still had enough fighting skill on the side to defeat Akane in an extended match with no dirty tricks.

I'm so happy that five trial thing is finally gone.

I hope it's not actually gone, just fixed. I liked it for the way it made sorcery set apart as something else than just another "spend experience, acquire shtick" thing.

Makes it kind of terrible at the entire "You have gained mythical powers over the world." Thing though.

Standardizes something I think should be far more mythical.

Chances are there'll be a Salinian Initiation which has the 5 trials, and it'll probably be the only Initiation that doesn't require succoring (or being scarred by) some outside force, since the whole point of Salina's work was that you could initiate from Creation itself.

You could always just Craft something for yourself from our awesome.

>Craft

Not enough Silver Points.

>Not enough Silver Points.
Carve more spoons.

What would a society that has First Circle demons and humans co-existing in it look like? And not in a "predator-prey" or "master-slave" style of co-existence, but living together in the same city as citizens of it. I imagine that, of course, that city would see a renaissance in the arts field, especially in dance and music.

It would very swiftly stop being a society that had any humans in it. Not because the demons are trying to be nasty, but they get urges.

The sorcerous initiation system we have now is literally 10x better.

No more is sorcery literally one straight path. There are limitless ways one can go about how they can fluff the origin of their sorcerous powers.

It'd be quite unusual. In that summoned demons are all servants, and unbound ones can do whatever the fuck they want without their urges in check. Remember that demons are not even close to human, Blood Apes in particular tend to express themselves through violence. And that's just one type. Neomah are wierd sex freeks take take flesh from people and Bisclavarets need to mentally abuse and torment mortals.

Also, there would always be a question of, "Why hasn't the Wyld Hunt burned this place to the ground?"

Fletch more arrows! :)

What do you have zero craft charms like some kind of scrub

Every once in a while I remember that roughly four years ago I spent $185 on soemthing that doesn't physically exist yet and my only consolation is shitposting about it on Veeky Forums.

I tried to contact Rich abotua refund, you know? He ignored me, of course. It seems like a lot of people are asking but he's answering some, telling no to some others and completely ignoring some. Maybe he rolls dice for that hsit, I don't know.

Anyway I emailed him under another name pretending to want to add products to my pledge. He answered within the minute all giddy at the prospect of jewing another $15 or so from another idiot. I told him who I was and the true reaon I contacted him and he stopepd answering again.

Rich is a liar and a jew. Holden and Morke have done far, far wore to this game than second edition ever did. OPP does not deserve anyone's support as long as Rich is at the helm.

Friendly reminder that OPP took your Exalted money to write its own game for furries that will probalby see the light of the day before your Ex3 physical book.

i can't tell if this is a copy pasta or not

It can become one.

>Also, there would always be a question of, "Why hasn't the Wyld Hunt burned this place to the ground?"
Why people treat Wyld Hunt like it's some kind of omniscient and omnipresent menace that can't be avoided? There ARE remote places that Realm has no control over.

That super depends on what the demon in question is like. Blood apes probably wouldn't go over to well

>he doesn't want to be a good boy

kickstarter money should be somehow flagged as usable only on that product

loom snarling deception physically changes you, right? so you'd for example feel real to the touch, not just that the person tricks themselves into believing that despite evidence. like, you'd fit in a smaller space without having to duck if you became shorter. could have sex as the other gender, etc?

can you get/cause pregnancies while impersonating the opposite sex to bang somebody, and if so what happens if you take off the disguise?

you're not just dressed up, you're literally twisting reality and fooling causality by dicking with the spiders who run it right?

so what happens to the baby?

It is one. I remember seeing the news story.

Also

>Holden and Morke have done far, far wore to this game than second edition ever did.

They haven't wholesailed copied mechanics directly from a previous edition without making edits to fit in the new system is a start (Hello DB's/Sidereals)

I probably wouldn't allow you to get actually pregnant, because you aren't "someone in particular," you're just... someone, so there's nobody to be the baby's actual parent.

That's just me, though; I like hammering on LSD for every little weakness I can work into it.

>Exalted 3e is kept behind locked doors and selective access as THAT HELPS DEVELOPMENT GUIS

>Scion 2e throws the Early access directly out of the gate

This is already 10x better.

my father didn't even exist, so on paper neither do I. the sids can't even make me pay celestial taxes.

Is there a way to figure out what art pieces in the core were done by which artists? The only one i can recognize so far is hive studio because they apparently did all the artwork in miracles so i can get a good idea simply by comparison.

No it was bullshit. I always had ST's who'd tell me, "So, you want to learn or increase your Sorcery skill? Cool, what are you going to sacrifice?"

And then they'd demand I sacrifice Ability or Attribute dots, or have my character tear out his eye or (one time) emasculate himself.

Fuck that shit.

>I sacrifice the ability to ever feel pleasure again

From the Scion 2E page

"Risk: The books will take a long time to produce and anger the backers.

Solution: We've learned many, many lessons with our previous Kickstarters and we're becoming much better at estimating the various pitfalls that will delay a KS project. We were able to deliver the PDFs for several of our last KS projects several months before the estimate, and recent Kickstarters started shipping in the month or the month before we estimated. That being said, backers need to be aware that they are enabling a process, and not a pre-order opportunity, and things do sometimes run slower than we want or anticipate with that process."

It sounds like they're worried about the same level of butthurt as what happens in these threads.

It's not that

For a long time Holden and Morke made a huge deal about how important it was to make Exalted 3e's system large under wraps.

Scion 2e just gives you the entire base system. The only thing its really missing is how to use Epic attributes and boons.

I kinda feel its a trust in the authors thing. Like 2e was garbage but holden and john had clearly demonstrated that they could write good exalted before, they had in nearly every 2e book they wrote.
1e scion was utter trash, and these are all new devs for scion. You gotta show the people they can do the idea justice and not have it wind yp garbage.

less like charms, more like mage

They did say they were going to release free copies of their PDFs for future Ex3 Kickstarters though.

What's the best current way to handle abyssals and their resonance for 3e.

We know they don't have resonance in the last two editions so what creative replacements have been made?

>They did say they were going to release free copies of their PDFs for future Ex3 Kickstarters though.

Really?

Yeah, they won't do the Kickstarter until they have the finished text, though I think it could be before layout. Not going to have another situation where the content ends up being created 2 years after the kickstarter succeeds.

Sacrifice your ST for a better game.

Great idea.

Salinian Initiation should be available to everyone who complete the five trials, and should be the only way to gain initiation to Sorcery without contracting an outside force/artifact.

What is the Stalinism Initiation?

In past editions, Saline was the first Sorcerer; a Twilight who learned to cast spells and then wove a the great Salenian Working, which forever meant that anyone who wished to learn Sorcery would be able to as long as they completed the Five Trials that 2e Sorcery required you to pass

A lot of that trust and good will evaporated when it tooks eleven years of smarmy posts from Holden and Morke for us to get one good look at the rules.

I don't think she was the first sorcerer, and she was a Zenith not a Twilight.

That sounds like a problem with a shit ST not a problem with the game.

Bridget was the first sorcerer.

Hey i still trust them as writers. I just doubt their buisness ability

Every once in a while I remember that roughly four years ago I spent $185 on soemthing that doesn't physically exist yet and my only consolation is shitposting about it on Veeky Forums.

I tried to contact Rich abotua refund, you know? He ignored me, of course. It seems like a lot of people are asking but he's answering some, telling no to some others and completely ignoring some. Maybe he rolls dice for that hsit, I don't know.

Anyway I emailed him under another name pretending to want to add products to my pledge. He answered within the minute all giddy at the prospect of jewing another $15 or so from another idiot. I told him who I was and the true reaon I contacted him and he stopepd answering again.

Rich is a liar and a jew. Holden and Morke have done far, far wore to this game than second edition ever did. OPP does not deserve anyone's support as long as Rich is at the helm.

to be fair...what *were* you trying to sacrifice?

I talked about it here once when it happened, back in April/May. I don't know if anyone made pasta out of it. It's more likely that posters in /exg/ are so few, and discussion so stale, that everything sticking out a little bit is remmebered for literally half a year.

I don't even mean it as trolling. This thread was started yesterday. It has 23 unique posters and 52 replies. Back when we were all excited for Ex3, before that turd of a pdf was released, /exg/ would easily hit multiple hundred of posters and reach image limit multiple times a day.

By the way this
was not me.

To be compeltely fair Pugmire was kickstarted too. Still authors working in advance on it probably wanted to be paid (unlike, allegedly, Morke and Holden) so at least some of that money had to come from Exalted funds.

copypasta achieved!

>eleven years
How are you counting? I would only say four years, since Ex3 was first announced in 2012 as coming in the same year.

>How are you counting?
It's called hyperbole, you might have heard of it.

Isn't Exalted the one with all the rape magic?

Thanks for the clarification. I'm autistic and eleven looked small enough that it wasn't obviously hyperbole to me.

No.

There was a bit of a fuss about the draft preview of one sort of exalt in third edition having rape charms, though.

More like he doesn't want to be a good goy.

This we need to compile a collection of artists and art styles for out perusal.

>rape charms
WHEN WILL YOU DISHONEST FUCKING FAGGOTS DROP THAT SHIT

IT WASN'T A RAPE CHARM YOU TERMINALLY DISHONEST FUCKWIT STOP FUCKING LYING

CHRIST

Look, we're fucking lazy and halfway illiterate here, a charm that summons ghosts to ravish and drain your victim is going to wind up being called "rape charm" not "ravish charm". It's a shorter, more common word. Stop seeing malice where incompetence is a sufficient explanation.

2e, sure. 3e had a bit of a debacle about a charm previewed in Kickstarter that had you summon ghosts to "ravish" your enemies (and to be fair, it's probably not a good idea to give players a "Rape Person" spell), not helped by the devs being terminally terrible at PR, but otherwise 3e is pretty standard for the course.

Is that time in the general's again where trolling is rampant?

The strangest thing happened to me. In my Twilight's backstory, I fled the Wyld Hunt with some help from the Silver Pact, and resettled half a Direction away. Realm hunt out of the Caul.

Months later, I spend a few days in a library in an independent DB junta. Somebody there saw a drawing of my face and sent a kill squad after me when I left town. I didn't even do anything supernatural while I was there.

The Charm summoned lusty ghost to do sexual stuff to you in exchange for something I don't know against your will.

Rape can still be called rape no matter how much time you spend looking up for elegant synonyms for sexual activity on the Thesaurus.

what are lunar perfect social defenses in 2.5?

They get 1

It only works on NMI

that seems wrong.

Everything ever penned about Lunars is wrong.

Only if you believe Somethingawful is the website with all the pedophiles.

Which I do, but that's besides the point.

No it didn't.

Until new content comes out its always going to be that time user.
This is the price you pay for those leaks.

The leaks did a lot to increase my enthusiasm for the game, and got a lot of the shittiest people to fuck off too.

The leaks aren't a problem now due to the core and backer charms coming out. Instead we're waiting for Arms when the devs put out the backer charms. Does anyone have those by the way?

They're in a plain text version in the OP

No one has the full version. What about the official charm cards?

They're the problem in the sense of you've been waiting for arms ever since the second leak came out however long ago, where if you just got the pdf when it hit you would have been waiting months less.

It's not just that, though. All of OPP's other projects have some form of progress now and then. I don't see any reason they can't be doing writing and editing on DBs and Arms while whatever holdup they've got on the overpriced shit they owe the premium tier KS backers gets resolved.

They are working on those

And yet, they've reported zero progress in months.

Not according to Twitter, at least.

They are. One of the devs i forget who commented that they are on draft 6 of DB charms right now.

>The Charm summoned lusty ghost to do sexual stuff to you in exchange for something I don't know against your will.
There are very few ghosts capable of doing something to an Exalt againsttheir will, and no Charms requiring Exalts to be raped by ghosts. If there was a hypotethical Charm taht required something like that, it would hardly be against the Exalt's will if he chose to use the Charm in the first place.

You know for all the talk of dice tricks and so on, i honestly wish presence had more generic stuff to enhance regular instill and persuade actions. As it stands most of its stuff is with buffing other people, threatening, or seduction.

Funnily enough, I think linguistics has the funniest boost to those actions, in the charm that lets you convince people to do the opposite of what your argument implies.

that's what happens when you go and leak everything pre-emptively and turn the already-snobbish devs into paranoid snobs who think any exposure of their work will tarnish it.

which i do see as justified, in a warped way. if they never see the testing version, the mouthbreathers will never try to co-opt their own ideas on how it can be improved into it, making their stance more have more authority.

I mean, there's a million things wrong with this mentality, but i can see how the OPP boys would think this is how to stop the problems with 3e core's release.

The target. The lusty ghosts attacked the target.

I thought it was kind of obvious.

can't an exalt just tank 2 willpower and be immune to a PC or NPC's advances anyway? Red Rule and all that?

Nt even that, if you decide your character does not respond to sexual advances, then your character does not respond to sexual advances, no roll or expenditure needed. This even in the face of magic.

Plus anyone can just red-rule it away if it bugs them

People on SV really like to ignore that about Exalted, to finger wag I guess

Trying to remember all available details about how the Exaltations were forged for a game, and failing badly. Anyone know which sourcebooks/pages the details are on?

Heard 3e had something called the Law of Diminishment going on, but I think it was alluded to in 2e that other gods tried to make their own Exaltations but were consumed by the power needed, and the reason why Conky and Luna are stuck with a flat 300 apiece while DB population is only limited by how much time they have to orgy because as a Primordial Gaia has a lot more raw juice than even an Incarnae does to power the things. Anywhere that confirms this?

>Ravish

I wonder how people initially reacted to Graceful Wicked Masks.

I get the impression that all of Lunars' good ideas were put into storage and then written into Infernals.

>Trying to remember all available details about how the Exaltations were forged for a game, and failing badly. Anyone know which sourcebooks/pages the details are on?
There aren't any, really. "The Incarnae and Autochthon made them"

> and the reason why Conky and Luna are stuck with a flat 300 apiece while DB population is only limited by how much time they have to orgy because as a Primordial Gaia has a lot more raw juice than even an Incarnae does to power the things. Anywhere that confirms this?
Considering Gaia didn't actually contribute anything to the Dragon-Bloods, it would be rather interesting if you could find a source for that.

Remember: She agreed to be NEUTRAL during the War, not join the gods.

The reason Conky got the Exaltations he got is because he couldn't have possibly gotten anything different. He could no more have chosen to made exactly one Champion than he could have chosen to make a million.

I remember that the devs said a big part was the Incarnae basically supercharging each Exalatation with their type of Essence to make it capable of developed themed Charms, and that's about it.

Also, while I don't remember the source of that I think the emphasis was less that she made the Dragonblooded herself and more that their Exaltations are powered, at several removes via the Elemental Dragons, by her Essence as it flows through Creation. Or something like that.

Can someone send me some links for alternate ways of handling abyssals? Can't stand resonance or black doom anymore.

Exalted Modern had an alternate version that was well received

Exalted Modern in general reads like everything finally being done right