...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Ares Macropage...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: →
>Tusks_N_Titties.sim
>GeekingTheMageForDrekheadsLikeYou.trid
>CompanyPolicy.pdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 500 (43% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, 'Jimmy will be avenged, come to the Warehouse next to the stuffershack in 700 hours. The dreks think we sent them on a milk run.' Omega Dawn
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running NovaHotWizKidsAreSquares.BTL...

The fuzz, do you make all the heat special for each corp your pissing off. Has your enemies ganged up for a game of Run Over The Runners?

Why do you insist on ignoring the sweet siren call of the motherfuckin law?

>Tusks_N_Titties.sim

Repeating my question from the old thread, please help a Shadowstepper out of his misery, fellow meatbags.

Tanky Human with decent soak and 12+3D6 INI

How should i distribute LOG and INT?
ATM its 5/5, should i stick with that or go for 6/4 or even 4/6?

Can an advertising virus affect a technomancer?

Huh. Chemical Glands aren't pricing properly with the drugs being added to them, Yekka. Maybe it should be a dropdown menu of what drug, so that it'll properly link to the drug in question and have the appropriate price increases, instead of a fill-in box?

Short answer: no

Long answer: No. Technomancers don't have any sort of file system in their brain, so there's nothing for a virus to infect. It's one of the annoying drawbacks of a Technomancer, actually, because on top of that, you can't use a commlink at the same time so you're a little screwed if you want to access data.

Go for 6/4

What will you ever be using LOG for? Demolitions?

You can still move files around.

I have great taste what can I say.

Demolitions, Drug resistance tests, First Aid

So what was going on in 2016 in Shadowrun?
I live just outside of Seattle and I'm idly curios about what would be going on in my neighborhood.

Go 6/4. Use Edge for those.

2016 America declared war on american indians, ARES owns Nasa, and a shit ton of goverment leaders get assasinated.

You just have to buy all of the substances in question in the Gear tab. That allows for custom substances, different grades of drugs, and so forth.

But Chummer doesn't have anything for grades of drugs?

>But Chummer doesn't have anything for grades of drugs?
>that allows for custom substances
Just buy the drug as normal, but with a 100% markup, or two of them.

I'm working on adapting Mankind Divided's experimental augs to 5e for fun. Would anyone be interested in a custom_cyberware file once I get some of them done?

Of course

Memory tests, resisting magic, some additional skills, etc

Asking about jensen user from the last thread: I'm looking at this, and I'm wondering how the maker of it managed to actually end up with /positive/ nuyen at character creation.
I'm re-creating it myself, with actually spending 10k less because not having full legs, I don't even have a sin yet and wired reflexes is putting me 142k in the hole.

>Human mundane

Use your 5 Egde. Seriously.

Don't feel like converting it to an image, but here's the PDF of what I've got so far, after having spent the extra 15 extra karma I have i've reduced it to a "mere" 112 thousand nuyen.

Why use 'egde' if you can instead roll higher and save it for when you need it more?

>why use edge if you can save it for when you need it more?
Because you need it now, you regain it, and if you keep waiting for sometime you need it "more" you'll die.

Because if your character is built correctly, you won't need it 'more' for your primary role.

But you don't need it then if you pass the roll due to having higher stats.

Even 5 'egde' will run out if you spam it.

Then you'll need to use it for secondary or tertiary role.

Also stop trusting the dice, they'll fuck you over.

Also noticing my agility and strength are at (2), and physical limit is at 6 while the original sits at (6) and 9 respectively.
What the fuck is even happening here?

>Then you'll need to use it for secondary or tertiary role.

Congratulations, what do you think "Memory tests, resisting magic, some additional skills, etc" is for a street sam/tank whose main role is murder things and serve as bullet sponge?

>what do you think "Memory tests, resisting magic, some additional skills, etc" is
Important, because if those don't come up, either the GM is incompetent or the player is clueless.

Hence, that what's Edge is for. Not boosting the 15+ base dice rolls to murder things/30+ base dice soak rolls that are sufficient to the task already.

Intersting Discussion.

Just to chime in, i'm the player that was asking for his character.
I only have 3 Edge, so i think i will stick with LOG 6 INT 4.
This also leaves a bit more shit for character developement open and a smart Sam is a bit of a brake from the usual "stupid murderfuck" cliché.

Thanks to everybody who chimed in.

The calculations seem to be fucked up.
A Cyberarm with Cybercomp should have an essence of 0,9 for standard grade, yours is 0,7 which should be alpha.

How did you end up with only 3 Edge? E Human, E Magic in sum-to-ten?

It's also for rerolling soaks, dodges and hits if your dice fuck your over.

Where did this "'egde' is only for rerolling secondary and tertiary skills" come from in the first place?

Also initiative boosting, or downgrading glitches.

>LOG6 INT4
I'm the guy defending log stat, and I still wouldn't recommend pumping log over INT, since INT is the more valuable stat. Perception, initiative and dodge are all under it, and is thus one of the best attributes in the game.

It's more about going 5/5 or 4/6 in favour of INT.

Exactly

Good point

Ugh, so many options -.-

Honestly though, at this point you're deep in minmax territory. Figure out whether your character is really fucking smart (6 is natural maximum for humans) or very perceptive and intuitive. Pick whichever fits your character.

>Where did this "'egde' is only for rerolling secondary and tertiary skills" come from in the first place?

With a base init guaranteeing you two passes and getting you three on average, combined to a 15+ dicepool, you won't need to Blitz or downgrade glitches often.

That leaves re-rolling a poor attack/soak roll, but then again, you can miss/eat a hit once in a while.

I didn't make the first sheet, like I said.
but biocompatability makes my essence cost on cyberarms (for example) .8 for standard, unsure how they got .7

8 is also wrong
It should be 0.9.
Probably some new fuckup in chummer, i have an older version and there its working fine.

>you can miss/eat a hit once in a while.
Not if you're being shot at with an assault cannon, or rammed with a car.

Taking damage has a cascading effect since it lowers your subsequent chances to avoid taking more damage. I wouldn't suggest edging 1 damage roll, but it's not that difficult to imagine you fucking up a dodge roll (burst and full auto suck), having to soak 12+ damage, then having to choose between taking 6 damage (whether S or P) or edging the soak roll. Spending edge may be more attractive than eating a -2 to all tests.

8 is not wrong, as I /literally/ just stated.
Biocompatability (cyberware) makes ware of that type cost 10% less, rounded to the nearest 10th
Do you actually read posts before replying to them?

Maybe. And by the same token, Edging your etiquette roll might prevent the run from getting loud the moment it starts.

Statistically, however, the chances to fuck up are in favor of the smaller dicepool. Hence, keeping your Edge to boost said rolls.

Of course. The point is that you can't simply say "oh yeah I can safely ignore those skills because I'll just edge them if they ever come up", because that may very well spell disaster later on, or you have already used it up to save yourself from nasty shit.

It's also silly since the option to use said skills might never even come up in the run.

Durrderpdurr

A normal Cyberarm costs exactly 1 Point of Essence.
Substract 10% and you are exactly at 0.9 Essence
Idiot

Wow rude. He might have a complex about his lack of intelligence user, you have to be nice.

>you have to be nice

Considering how he was playing smart ass in the discussion:
No, i absolutely don't have to.

You're right, you don't.

The fuck?
normal cyberarm costs .9 for some reason on a new character, on two separate versions of chummer5, what the hell.

He doesn't, this isn't a hugbox.

I'm not advocating ignoring said skills entirely. I am however advocating to invest enough of your chargen resources to be good enough at your primary role you can keep your edge for the extra mojo when needed.

Especially when playing a human mundane whose whole point is normally to have less raw stats than another metatype but a large Edge pool.

Somebody regularily fucks up the cost for ware in Chummer.
I was literally talking half a dozen times to Yekka until Move-by-Wires Level II + III got the right costs implemented, though they occasionally got fucked up again afterwards.
But hey, at least it lead do the creation of Pencilman...

deserter hiding in enemy state, debts (45,000 nuyen) to the local triad and the three only things i learned are hacking, breaking jaws and playing the guitar.

Yekka, Muscle Augmentation and Myostatin Inhibitor aren't properly stacking for Str increases. All the rest of the shit for them appears fine, but the actual bonuses don't appear to be working properly.

oh, I actually figured it out.
I was adding everything on a new character and then adding biocompatability, adapsin is the same thing as biocomp, just as a bioware instead of a quality you have to take at start.

Are shields worth it, /srg/? A friend of mine said you could only stack armor up to some multiple of your body, but forgot the exact number. The Core rulebook just talks about how you can't stack armor, ever, and the "+X" addons start penalizing you if they get above your Strength.

I THINK its -1 agi and rea or something like that per 2 bonus armor above your strength.

Usually shields are not worth it.
1. Hard to carry around because they are riot shields, unless you can purchase a collapsing riot shield with GM permission.
2. Can't utilize most weapons you'd want in a firefight where you'd want a shield without a penalty.
3. Unless you have fuck high strength, you're going to get serious penalties for using the shield alongside standard combat gear like a ballistic mask and forearm guards.

>A friend of mine said you could only stack armor up to some multiple of your body, but forgot the exact number.
He was talking about 4e.

>The Core rulebook just talks about how you can't stack armor, ever, and the "+X" addons start penalizing you if they get above your Strength.
That's 5e.

Yes. That part is 5e. Well done.

Yes, that agrees with what I said. The Body-based armor-stacking limit was from 4e. The Strength-based armor-accessory-stacking limit is from 5e.

You're a fucking idiot.

>This bioware is incompatible with augmentations that increase Strength
There's nothing that says MI stacks with MA.
Generally speaking, anything that uses the bonus isn't coded properly and is just a workaround. I need to refactor how plugins can work for cyberware and ammunition, as there's a lot of weird quantity-based stuff with them that causes problems.

So I'm pondering somethin' here, but how feasible would it be to create a type of small-scaled, limbed roto-drone that was also capable of basic submersion? Like, taking that dip in the pier to get at a sewer grate/pipe for sewerline access to a building and then crawling out and hovering for the nearest exit vent? Naturally, I'm aware that the biggest obstacle in this would be attempting to keep a remote control signal with the thing without basically broadcasting its presence to the whole world due to the signal strength required to operate underwater. But then there's also the question or underwater mobility - could the drone's aerial rotor be utilized for aquatic propulsion, provided it had additional means of altering its course?

Secondary propulsion from Rigger 5 will let you do that no worries.

Awesome. Does that type of thing also apply retroactively in the setting or is it a 'recent development' in terms of Shadowrun fluff? I forgot to mention that I was working with 2050's tech levels.

How do you get Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enhancers to play nice with each other in Chummer?

>How do you get Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enhancers to play nice with each other in Chummer?
You don't. I asked that in a previous thread; you have to do wireless bonuses in your head.

As in act as though they're wireless? Uh, easiest would be creating an override or custom file that changes the precedence to -1 instead of 0. The problem is that will allow them to stack with EVERYTHING, which they're not supposed to.

Make a file called override_whatever_cyberware.xml in your data folder, dump this into it.

bea0ded3-821f-449c-9507-815088f68b86
Wired Reflexes
Bodyware
FixedValues(2,3,5)
FixedValues(8R,12R,20R)
FixedValues(39000,149000,217000)

Rating

REA
Rating

SR5

4cef53aa-13ea-4f28-8fbf-e3b254248247
Reaction Enhancers
Bodyware
Rating * 0.3
(Rating * 5)R
Rating * 13000

REA
Rating

SR5

Who else makes their dwarf women into pint-sized girls who turn into this when they flex? After all, their minimum, least-fit Strength is 3 (human average, or the same as a full-sized ork), and their average is 5, just one point shy of normal human maximum.

I'm talking pint-sized women who are much stronger than adult human men, on average, here.

I don't get why I don't see people playing up dwarves as being in the same tier of tough and strong as orks more often.

Dwarfs are boring, is why

>Dwarfs are boring, is why
Disagreed.

Alright, what makes them interesting in your opinion? Is it a fetish/preference for shortstacks?

I think dwarves get pidgeonholed as riggers more than anything else. It seems like the most natural fit when you port across the dwarf stereotypes. They definitely seem to get less screen time than any other SR race though.

>Is it a fetish/preference for shortstacks?
That's definitely a component.

But no, I find them interesting for the same reason that trolls are interesting - just from a different direction. They're in a world that's the wrong size for them, and which makes minimal accommodations to include them. While trolls are treated as dangerous criminals, dwarves are treated as invalids, cripples, or even children, forced to be the hardest workers, the toughest motherfuckers, and so forth just to be taken as seriously as a 'normal' person.

I like when they carve out their own miniature cities so they can function in a semi-normal society without being (literally) looked down upon.

I like them having the cultural-artistic niche of thermographic colors in the paintings the same as trolls.

I like constantly trying to use being underestimated to your advantage, while also emotionally needing to overcompensate and 'prove' yourself for exactly the same reason.

I don't find dwarves boring at all, because out of every metatype I feel like they're the mostly likely to push the envelope and go the extra mile to prove themselves, and the most likely to get away with it by using others' low expectations as a shield and a mask to protect themselves.

The fact that my body/face sculpting loli adept can make herself look like a burly male dwarf and act normally in society.

Nice stat block, heat vision and drugs.
Not all of us think with our dicks.

it's manlet validation

Okay, I'll admit that sounds like it has potential.

Bit rich after
and
>That's definitely a component.

Heat vision is worth maybe a couple thousand nuyen, tech gives you that and better. Stats and drugs are okay, but the cost for buying the metatype makes it a bit iffy for that purpose, imo.

>"+X" addons start penalizing you if they get above your Strength
It's actually Strength + 1.

My favourite decker is a Somali-born, China-raised, antisocial, introverted dwarf who would rather taser you in the anus than have to talk to you for longer than three minutes at the most. Her tech prowess has pretty much been funnelled towards Matrix activities so she can submerge herself in cyberspace to avoid suffering from, and dealing with, her crippling social anxiety and massively traumatic childhood experiences to the point of having basically given herself a mind-wipe to forget about them.

I liked how they pretty much went as far away from the dwarven stereotype with her as they possibly could.

Am I the only one that finds it a little odd that, out of all the races in SR, the one you'd think at first glance would make the best melee fighter (i.e. troll, due to their high base strength and body) ends up having a harder time than most due to having difficulties hitting the broad side of a barn? If it weren't for their lower than average logic and intuition caps, I'd actually suggest that they make better hotsim deckers.

That sounds like a really generic and played out character concept

Hmm.. Not really. Larger sizes usually tend to make you less agile, and more cumbersome in terms of physical activities. Particularly when you're almost a full three to five feet taller than most people, who are in turn a lot more agile than you are by virtue of their smaller, less bulky body structures.

At this point in time there is no such thing as a non-generic, non-played out character concept - only how you handle that concept. Attempts to intentionally be 'unique for the sake of being unique' end up looking like a Tumblrite glitter-scale-furry's OC.

The reach advantage of trolls offsets their agility penalty for melee combat.

It's definitely odd, and almost certainly a result of certain stats being disproportionately better than other stats and poor mechanical design, rather than anything intended.

Their Agility and Intuition penalty isn't crippling - really, it isn't. But it is a problem that other metatypes don't have to deal with, making them the worst metatype at combat (when movement speed and accuracy are determined by Agility and initiative is determined by Initiative), even if they're not the worst by some terrible degree.

Their only real saving grace, combatant-wise, is that they have dermal armor and Reach 1. If it weren't for those, they'd truly have no place in combat at all.

What I meant to say was that Isobel's backstory sounds like something a teenager would write for his tumblr glitter-scale-furry OC.

>tumblr glitter-scale-furry OC
>generic
que

What I like about SR is that these fantasy races aren't bound by their respective typical cultures. Elves, trolls, orcs, and dwarves can be just people with their stats intact. My only dwarf character actually embraced ancient norse mythology and was all in to smithing so that was actually kinda the opposite.

Hmm, I'd rather chalk her story up as being 'typically cyberpunk'. Some of her traits are pretty much straight up Gibson-type stuff, like the mind-wipe, and the Matrix-addiction/dependency.

No, it just sounds very needlessly tragic and poorly written, at least from your telling of it.

We are at a point in the world where things like that are more generic than a more reserved depiction of anything.

I've been told Trolls are kinda terrible at everything.

Shrug. Life's full of dissapointments.

Which is itself generic.

Character gens kinda overrated in difficulty. Just find a concept and develop the character simply by going "What the fuck is a mage doing with this much cyber" or "Why does this guy have a ares roadmaster?"

Does Shadowrun have "Ghosts" at all? If so, is it possible to play one?

She grew up a area that was not only so violent that it made the Barrens look like it has Triple A Lonestar coverage, but was actually supernaturally awful.

SUPERNATURALLY AWFUL. Like spells that actually generate hope, joy and comfort are immediately snuffed.

She got her mind wiped so she didnt have to deal with stuff, then she got it back in ase she knew anything plot relevant and goes "Wow nevermind my life just sucked I'm putting this back."

She liked cyberspace because all deckers do, it makes you a tiny god. But shes mostly a normal decker.

The more interesting story is actually the troll night club owners. A fractured family that doesnt know how to bound.

an android with a ghost inside it could play as a technomancer

Oh yeah from a lore perspective it makes a degree of sense. It's just the base assumption is still there that someone that big is probably going to know how to use it effectively.

... You know, I actually play a troll in our SR group's game and I still keep forgetting that. That said, there must be some kind of reach cheese build, especially with something like a polearm or combat axe.

It's weird, trolls have this weird stat block that makes them... kinda not really fit into any SR role. Elves are naturally built for shooting and talking (and have caps of 6 across the rest of the board so they're not even paying that much for it), orcs are pretty much built for melee, and dwarves somehow only ended up with one glaring weakness in the form of Reaction and have a good spread for melee or (oddly enough) spell casting.

Trolls meanwhile, have weaknesses all over the shop: yes Reach compensates for the lower agility cap in melee, but it means all the other Agility skills (including the ever important Gymnastics, amongst other things) are a step behind everyone else; meanwhile lower caps on Logic, Intuition and especially Charisma manages to hamper decking (including Technomancy), rigging and being a face all in one go.

tl;dr: What do you do with a massive Body and Strength without some other stat to back it up?

eGhosts. They fall under Data Trails' AI rules, and avoid the 'NPC only' restriction on non-metasapient AIs by being treated as metasapient AI by the rules.

Cool, thanks.

Now, somewhat related, Chummer doesn't list what drones are anthropomorphic. Is there anywhere I could find a comprehensive list of those?

Stop being wrong, is0bel is terrible.
Nobody's really sure. There are spirits of man that take the form of ghosts, but the jury's out on whether it's actually the soul of a dead person or whether the spirit's just picking up details from the summoner's mind. You can play an e-ghost using the AI rules in Data Trails, which is a person who was in the Matrix during Crash 2.0 and forcibly separated from their body.