/swg/ - The Moffrence Strikes Back

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore, who would win in a fight between /swg/ and /stg/, and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign/

I'm salty that my LGS won't have Wave IX til the 1st

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Venator-class_Star_Destroyer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm salty that it's almost the 1st already. This fucking year is going by too fast.

Best sound effect from star wars? Most Iconic?

If you were a smuggler/mercenary/legitimate trader in the star wars galaxy, what would you fly and what would you name it?

[stromtroopers dying]

TIE fighter engine noise.
Second best is the lightsaber activation sound.

So what are the chances we will see the TIE Defender or some of the other TIE designs in the new movie?

Would you guys be open to a cryptic spoiler about Episode IX and by extension Episode VIII?

Who doesn't love rampant speculation?

This wouldn't be speculation, and that is all I can say!

Seconding the scream of TIEs. There are a lot of unique sounds to the Star Wars universe, but the TIE is incredibly distinctive.

That IS cryptic!

What's your source my dude

Depends. Is it something that makes the nucanon sequel era even sadder than it already is?

>"The cheese is in the handsaw"

[HEAVY BREATHING]

I'd rate it somewhere between meh amd possibly. FO Interceptor is fairly likely. FO Defender... I won't hold my breath for it. Defenders are a far lesser known, only recently recanonized ship.

Read at your own risk!
A certain famous ship that has been in both the PT and the OT will also be in this trilogy

Let me guess, Slave I?

Other than the Falcon, you mean?

Did the falcon ever appear in the PT?

Hallo Veeky Forums,
Next week my players will be heading to an auction at the behest of their Huttese patron, to obtain a 'historical artifact' that the Hutt wants to add to their collection. Their primary opponents will be another two groups that want the item to add to Maz's collection, or to Kylo Ren's
At what point do I reveal to them that it is The Glove of Darth Vader?

That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head

It has a cameo in Revenge of the sith

If the prediction is accurate, that'd be a solid one, unless the Tantive IV is coming back from wherever Vader left it after ANH.

So, TFA cards for Firespray when?

Yep. So did the TIE/LN and the T-65. And if you count cheap reskins, then the TIE/LN also showed up in TFA. So this leaves the Firespray, CR-90, and best girl T-65. Is it the T-65?

NOOOOOOOOO~

Who would pilot it? Is there official nucanon word on whether Bobba escaped the sarlacc or not?

So now that the second aftermath book has hinted Rey is space Jesus, what will you do Veeky Forums

Keep disregarding NuCanon until it tops the good stuff in OldCanon (Zahn, Stackpole & Allston)

AT-AT guns

tusken raiders

Continue to ignore Chuck Wendig until Disney/Lucasfilm quietly wipes his shit under the rug in a few years and pretends it never happened.

Just like the Holiday Special

ignore the new trilogy and pray rogue one is good

I know it shows up, but I never saw that as the falcon, but rather just another YT-1300.

Luke is CLEARLY space jesus. He even looks like him.

I'm betting he dies in one of the next movies in some great sacrifice, and space ghosts coast to coast with Rey.

Pls no. If anyone deserves a peaceful, happy death surrounded by friends and family, it's Luke.

HE'S GONNA BE CRUCIFIED ON REN'S CROSS-SABER!

you need to remember the amount of pottery this new trilogy is operating on

there must always be an obi wan force ghost

>an obi wan force ghost
Ewan Macgregor's already probably waiting by the phone, dressed up in his robes and ready to rock. Just bring him in and throw Luke a goddamned bone.

Kek. I doubt she's the Jakku Jesus anyways, I just wanted to shitpost.

Han was Obi Wan. I still think Rey breaks bad though.

>Han was Obi Wan.
if han comes back as a ghost and convinces luke to train rey I will strangle someone

Any good lists floating around with the new protectorate?

What if he comes back in the ghost as a ghost?

2 torp boats and decked Fenn, been running it since gencon. It's a murderfest.

Anyone here have experience running a Legacy Era FaD Game? That's the direction my new group seems to be going and I'm down GM just wondering if the era works okay.

Legacy is a big time frame. Are you leaning towards a point closer to the main Legends time period or the Legacy comics?

>Buy an Interdictor for Armada
>It's missing the sheet with the ship's arcs and defense tokens
>W/E submit a request for replacement parts
>Request granted
>Three weeks later an envelope arrives with the parts I already have, not the ones I need

What do I even do now?
Submit another request?
Write an angry email?
Melt down my fleet and play something else?

I did clone wars and it was fine.

Sorry I mean't the comics like 136ABY I think?
My current Bounty Hunter Eote campaign is about to enter the Clone Wars Era where will leave it after a few battles and move to a new campaign in Legacy.

>136ABY
That works just fine. The FFG RPGs are mostly era-neutral as long as you file the names off the stat blocks of most things. The (minor) problem with going for Legacy-era stuff close to the main Legends time period is working with and statting all the new tech while OT-era stuff exists.

Has anyone had a chance to try out the new Soldier specialties from FiB? Pafinder sounds like it could be fun for a Metal Gear-esque soldier/spy/survivalist hybrid...

get a gig at pic related, start doing death-sticks heavily, and design wacky TIE variants all day

Not until it's actually brought up to the auction block, if you can avoid it.

Sorry, have been busy, but I am not talking about the falcon!

we can take that space ghost coast to coast

Implying I won't make the best TIE variants and win the GCW for the Empire.

I noticed that the newest battlefront dlc has TIE defenders in it. So they are confirmed Disney canon now? New TIE fighter game when?

They've been confirmed canon since the Commander mobile game.

His armor was sold on Tatooine during the first Aftermath book, so that made it out of the sarlacc

I would fly a yt 2400 and name it the Felonius Monk

I found some stats for Twintails and AT-AHTs and I could easily stat some new blasters and TIEs.

How well do you think she'll work against a Ghost since you're using its own stress against it to roll out of its attacks?

Would you be able to remove more then 1 stress at a time to add more evades to your roll?

No. Because it specifically is saying "when defending, you may remove 1..." So it can only ever remove one stress per instance where it is defending against an attack.

Fairly well, I would imagine. Latts has some potential, and I think she'll see quite a bit of use. Especially for scum ships lacking in agility dice.

It makes it seem like you can take more then one away, basically every time you remove one, you get an evade, so if you removed 3, you'd get 3 evade

Yeah, stuff like Latts crew and BMST are definitely putting a few new tools to put some penalties back on ships who just throw stress on themselves.

Or just throw her on Asajj and use the latter's pilot ability to guarantee it working on enemy ships likely to get on you in the Combat phase.

Guys, I think I hate you. XWM is like crack.

My list of shit I want is already huge, and I'm dying for more spoilers on the upcoming releases.

nah. if it was more than one it would be worded differently, close too how zuckus is worded.

Nope. It reads 'you may remove 1 stress' not 'you may remove any number of stress'

Remember, you can only trigger something once per opportunity. The opportunity to trigger Latts is 'when defending' and triggering her is strictly one for one.

I got at least one of everything and it never is satiated

When does this come out?

>Grab the ARC today
>Friend grabs TIE/sf
>ARC, A-Wing x2, T-65 X-Wing vs TIE/sf and TIE/fo x3
>TIE/fo takes out an A-Wing
>X-Wing takes out a /fo
>Rest of my ships crumble until it's just the ARC vs 4 TIEs
>One TIE flies into an asteroid and dies
>ARC picks the rest off till only 1 remains
>Foolishly fly my ARC off the table trying to do green maneuvers to activate R2-D2
I love the ARC so much now. I had to point out to my friend that a 50 year old starfighter just went toe to toe with the First Order and did some damage.

Not yet announced, IIRC (similarly, they haven't spoiled a couple cards off it, the new YT generic and a couple of upgrades). I'd wager probably a "Force Friday" type thing on the 30th though.

Is the aux firing arc useful? Just picked it up today and it's the first ship I have that can shoot out its butt.

it's pretty good. I find its axtually easier too keep things in the rear arc than the front one. usually the other ship essentially has too follow you if they want to get shots back.

Yeah I really like it. With the Title+Tail Gunner you're gonna be doing some good damage out of that rear arc.

I like the sound of this so far. How do you expect them to get it?

Get in the fucking starfighter Shinji.

Well, I want to offer them multiple routes and options. They can just try and roughly outbid it on the night, but they need to conceal who they are working for considering that the auction is being organised by the Black Sun.
Theft (either before the auction or during), would be possible - even a daring one on the block - if they did it right, but the attendees likely wouldn't take too kindly.
The safest bet might be to ambush the winning group afterwards. But that could leave them on the wrong side of a Knight of Ren
I was thinking of only referring to it by the lot number until the reveal (lot 91), but would that be too heavy-handed a way to indicate that something was up to the PCs?

>but would that be too heavy-handed a way to indicate that something was up to the PCs?
Just have the hutt be a very "I only tell you what you need too know" kind of boss.

I need EoTE heist/adventure suggestions for my group

note, I'm not so much for the standard EoTE bait n switch "you though there'd be a lotta dosh, but there's actually 5k to split" thing, so I'm more into ideas where there's strong money, but also interesting hooks

how about going the Heat route?
they take down a big score, but they had to bring along a NPC who fucked things up, and they actually *want* to kill for whatever reason, AND, they've hit a big payday, with the option to sell to someone who'd pay more, but might try and cross them (hell, you could even just lift the bearer shares straight out, just make Van Zann either T.Zann or a Hutt), or go for less but safer (but not properly safe, you never know) deal
so, give them a situation where they make money, but they also have another motivation to go adventuring, AND, give them multiple variably risky options to get paid, BUT, insure that they WILL get paid if they don't horribly fuck up everything

and finally, pay them a lot of money. it's my experience that a 20-30k payday means that PCs get gunned up for ground stuff, make encounters hard to balance, but with 200-300k, they concoct schemes and buy spaceships, which are much better plot opportunities

Will this be a full starter, with the ranges and markers and whatnot?

Nope. Don't think they'll ever make a starter with only one faction.

Fair point, hadn't considered that. Thanks though, maybe if SWRPG doesn't pan out, I'll be hitting that up.

The thing Anakin uses in clone wars. Alternatively, a bootlegged firespray carefully assembled out of surplus parts.

That = Xwing, not the not-starter set. But it seems like a good start if others already have the rest of the paraphernalia.

Write some manipulative emails and play human chess with the customer service until they send you an extra ship and enough paper and plastic to use both.

A HWK-290, I'd call it the Outatime.

I got my 2nd ARC and finally ran 2 with Biggs.

>Braylen double stressing out the butt
>Norra dropping 5 hits, arc dodging, regenerating
>Biggs Biggsing

I love it

A lot of the ebay resellers buy the core sets in order to sell the X-wing and TIE fighters separately. Those guys sell on the rules/templates/dice/ruler for cheap. You can pick those leftovers up for about $10.00, then buy whatever kit you want!

Pigs and Biggs!

All the way to the Worlds!

Oh shit that seems like a good purchase in general, thanks for the tip.

Either a Class 720 freighter (Gamera) or YV-929 armed freighter (Action Express).

The other variant swaps Braylen for Miranda

BBW, Biggs and Beautiful Women

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Venator-class_Star_Destroyer

Disney canon Venator is slightly bigger than its Legends counterpart. Same case as with the Gozanti.