Warhammer 40k General

"How would you fix 40k tabletop?" The 1576th edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Can't wait for the upcoming vidyas, dw3, deathwatch and the tbs from slitherine

Space Hulk: Deathwing hype levels rapidly rising.
I know I shouldn't, but I can't help myself...
Finally I'll be able to fulfill my fantasy of Deathwing Terminators being useful.

Who /genestealercult/ here?

Can't spend all the cash these weekend as it looks like a multi wave release...

Limited Edition codex maybe?

I want a Commisar model like him.

I dislike their choice to give Cults whips and boneswords. I don't like them having access to IG stuff either, but at least that has fluff to support itself. Having Tyranid weapons on the other is not and goes against the fluff, since they are separately grown organisms that are attached to their host and function in symbiosis with them

>Hey, I'm looking for a game about 500 points.
What? That's way too small! Here, come play apocalypse with us!
>But I don't even have any long range AT, or artillery, or anti-air. This army is built to engage infantry and the odd tank and you guys have imperial knights stomping around.
That's ok, we have 1500 points and they have 2000. So if you join us that makes everything equal!

Army composition logic in my game store.

Kill Team, Wolf your Wolf edition:

>Wolf Guard (Jump Packs) - 105

>Lone Wolf (2x Fenrisian Wolf) - 36

>Fenrisian Wolves (7) - 56

Some Wolf Guard and a Lone Wolf with his Wolves to Wolf, along with a whole pack of Wolfing Wolves.

Whoops. Thats supposed to be 3500 and 4000. This is what happens when your a low-points player: Everything larger than 1500 looks like apocalypse.

I know this is a TT discussion, but I can't help think that the coop part of EC is actually pretty cool.

It's like they beat death wing to the punch.

Although you can't get the game to do 48:19 I feel it's a bit more fun than the extermination mode in SM

I did,,, pre buy DWing, but I really want to get my hands on "Sanctus reach"

I did not bump with this post

Why can't the Genestealers have brought the organisms with them? Or grown them when they got there?

How competitive would an all-eversor army be at 1850 points? At that points cost you could take 14 of them

Kinda makes a bit sense that they have those. Nids can grow up into planet eating armies from single, basic tyranid organism so why couldnt they have encoded their vanguard organism to start producing weapons for their minions when the time is right for war?

That's silly. I like playing more standard games of 1500-2000 but I just played a tiny 300 point game with someone who just had a few models to throw around. I don't get why anyone couldn't throw a quick list together and have fun.

Industrial mining complex! The tools of industry!... oh and living whips and swords...

Played a 3000 point game. One side was 1500/1500, and the other was 700/1000/1300.

It didn't end well.

Me. Going to be spending a whole lot this weekend.

I want to start on the fluff for my Cult, but I don't know any changes to the old stuff.

I think that might be the Primus. He had a Bone Sword.

The family is growing, first models I've painted.

I like the Tau but so far my only exposure is the Dawn of War games.

Anything happening for the blue skinned weirdos for the table top game? Last I heard they got the riptide, invaded a planet, and maybe wiped out a new made-to-be-killed marine chapter. I'm real fuzzy on that last one.

They fought off a tiny Tyranid splinter iirc. Not much going on though.

Their Space Pope got killed and he's a hologram being puppeted now. The Ad Mech set fire to space to cut off their advancement.

Damocles gulf
Kauyon
Montka

>I like the Tau

Unfriended. Deleted. Blocked. Reported.

Not going to lie, those vests look comfy as fuck.

>"How would you fix 40k tabletop?" The 1576th edition
For those who missed it in the last thread, tomorrow around 4pm EST (that's in roughly 21 hours) I'll be posting a thread with instructions on sending me an application via email to help form a small team of designers, number crunchers, fluff aficionados and playtesters with the goal of putting together the most complete attempt at a community written core rule set for 40k ever made, one that addresses the issues we always bitch about once and for all. I'll be collating the final version in a professionally formatted, official looking PDF that will be indistinguishable from a scan of a legitimate printed GW rulebook (except, you know, better organized).

If you're interested and think you have something to contribute, check the catalog tomorrow. I'll particularly be looking for someone to take charge of each Faction to make sure they're all represented equally by a person who actually cares, when it comes time to handle external faction balance.

Everyone else carry on.

Is that good or bad for Farsight?

Imperium is studying their tech, which isn't automatically sinful anymore apparently.

Shadowsun is waiting for her husbando Custodes to get rules.

So...The 40009th Age?

>Why can't the Genestealers have brought the organisms with them?
That would work for Toxin Sacs but things like Adrenal Glands and most weapons aren't part of the Genestealer biology. There's also no record of Genestealers being able to form spawning pools as far as I know.

They kinda lack the means to grow those weapons even if they had the genes.

>He had a Bone Sword.
Which looks man made and isn't fused into him...

>Studying Xeno Tech is no longer Heresy in the Imperium
Absolutely Heretical.
Masterfully crafted by Earth Caste for maximum comfort and utility.
I'll miss you
Ad Mech must have been drinking for that one.
Will wiki those post haste thank you.

Interesting. I'm definitely curious about watching this project grow. Godspeed, user.

>Ad Mech must have been drinking for that one.

Dark Age of Technology had some really neat toys.

>Imperium is studying their tech, which isn't automatically sinful anymore apparently.

It has always been heresy unless you are a high ranking magos in which case you decide whats heresy and whats not.

2nd Crusade happened, resulted in the largest tank battle evar!!!1 which the Tau won easily, but then the admech set fire to the damocles gulf and both sides were trapped and not able to kill.

>That would work for Toxin Sacs
Toxin Sacs are a bad example since they attach themselves to Tyranids. Rending Claws would be better

>They kinda lack the means to grow those weapons even if they had the genes.
No they dont. In IA4 - Anphelion Project nids had gaunts and then suddenly they had Hierophant Titans. If they can do that with some basic omnom-materials then they surely can sprout up few bonesswords and whips.

Elsar Kill Team list
6x Eldar Windrunners w/ Shuriken
3x Windrunners w/ Scatter Laser
Is this an OK kill team, I'm going against alot of tau kill teams in a upcoming event

Lore question:

Can everyone use the light of the Astronomicon to guide themselves through the warp, or only those with the Emperor's favor, who worship the Emperor?

Could a Navigator or Astropath or whoever guides the damn ship be heretic?
Can Chaos warships use its light to get through the warp to attack the Imperium or do they have to exclusively rely on pacts with Chaos Powers to get around?

I just realized my spelling errors, kill me

I hope you get paired against 15 Secutarii Peltasts.

What happened to Genestealers not being true nids but some other alien lifeform the hivemind thought was useful and enslaved?

Can I take Be'lakor as part of the Favoured of Chaos formation? is the crimson slaughter 3++, Rending, Beast, Shrouded possessed dream alive?

jesus christ man at least he's observing the 1 heavy per 3 rule, besides scatter lasers aren't as effective in kill team as they are in everything else

The holy light of the Emperor would burn the eyes of any impure faggot who dared gaze up on it.

>The Ad Mech set fire to space to cut off their advancement.
wat?

Everyone.

Its drawing all Orks and Tyranids to it.

About how much USD would a Tau Manta recast cost?

That hasn't been true since 2nd edition.

Yeah, they set the entire Damocles Gulf on fire to stop the Tau being able to cross it.

I played 1500 against a full guard army (no fliers) with 10 eversors and a vindicare. I lost 3 eversors and tabled him.

WRYYYYYYY

how?

Z doesn't sell them for 700$

Space science magic.

Dark Age of Tech shit they had in storage.

hmmm... contradictions contradictions.
only one of you can be right.
which means one of you is a heretic.

Astra Militarum Kill Team

Heller's Hellions!

5 man Scion Squad
Tempestor w/ Bolt Pistol + Chainsword "?"
Hot Shot Volley Gun - "McGorski"
3 Unnamed Scions

10 Man Vets with Camo Cloaks
Sarge w/ Bolter "Sgt. Heller" (Modeled an old man with a cane. Don't fuck with old man Heller)
Sniper Vet "Deadeye" (Model has an eyepatch and is good shot. Puns)
Sniper Vet #2 "?"
Grenade Launcher Vet "?"
Shotgun Vet "Brimley" (Brimley the Bike Slayer killed three space marine bikers single handedly in his first game)
Shotgun Vet "?"
5 unnamed Vets

Armored Sentinel w/ Multi-Laser "?"

Anyone wanna toss around some fun name ideas? I want more nickname-y names for the vets (Like Ace, Pancho, Lefty, etc.) Also I'm considering Tiny for the sentinel. Any ideas? Color scheme is Blue/Black.

I fucking love the admech

>hey guys those tau dudes have some pretty cool dudads

>"that they do magos that they do"

>lets go take em

>"k"

*one raided planet later*

>holy shit we've got a lot of xenotech swag, too bad the expansion force is coming to skullfuck us

>"say magos, you remember that DAOT area denial weapon we were saving for a rainy day"

>you mean the Entropic Accelerator?

>"thats the one. I think its day has come"

>and so have I

>"what was that?"

>nothing!

*sets fire to space*

Canon is Tau stopped using old Stealth suits because the Imperium reverse-engineered them.

>"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

What did you have for lunch, Eldar Scum?

Stores all around me roll 9th age all the time. This could pick up steam.

Cool.

I support it. Crap rules kept me out of the game.

no belakor and no cs possessed

What's that Xeno on the far right looking at? Tau cell-phone? Who is he texting?

Gunna loot 'em reel gud.

A sandwich, greater than anything you will ever view let along taste, experienced by senses more vivid and refined than any Mpnkeigh, including your corpse King, and made possible only by the deaths of billions of your kind on Armaggedon and farther abroad.

And I had already had a late breakfast, so I disposed of half of it.

Possibly the Tau equivalent of an Auspex.

Either that or they needed to phone in for the Greater Good.

No, sadly. I hope we get an FAQ down the road that will clarify whether or not Crimson Slaughter can take Daemon Princes. Not being able to take them is a huge oversight.

Favored of Chaos taken as Crimson Slaughter would probably turn possessed from one of our shittier units to the best thing CSM have access to overnight. Just load the Daemon Prince up with all of the Biomancy powers and take a Biker Cabal of 3 mastery level 3 Psykers and put one in each possessed squad and we would at long last have a tourney level list.

I give up! I'm done! I can't take getting my CSM skull fucked by Tau anymore! ASSAULT IS DEAD! Someone find me the Emperor! If he'll help me kill these blue fucks I'll jump on the band wagon and worship his shriveled ass!

Ur mums pussy, phaget.

I'm useless for original ideas but I'm ptetty damn good at "rounding off edges", make cruch and fluff snap together, QA shit.

>Kitbashed my 6th librarian
>Could easily do more if I got more grey knight hood bits
Someone needs to stop me

>ASSAULT IS DEAD!
Not so much as Shooting is too lively

wew lad

>Wasting food that comrades in field work hard to bring

This does not serve the greater good.

Remember user that you can wield ONLY 28 librarians in 1850pts.

>ASSAULT IS DEAD!

No it isn't. Just ask the Space Wolves, Daemons, and Necrons. They can assault just fine.

Pah! 30k World Eaters have a fondness for free +1S AP4 Chainaxes.

Use 30k Iron Warriors and ride the Iron Fire with assault squads as your troops.

I just bought plastic glue, this shit is good, but fuck man, the fumes have me lightheaded.

You think that's bad. I'll probably have respiratory problems after all that flash I've been filing off for the last decade.

And all the spray paint/airbrush paint I've probably been breathing in.

I have a Start Collecting Space Marines box sitting in front of me, just asking to be painted... the question is... do I paint it loyalist or IW... The sting of defeat is fresh in my mind and the chapter tactics, ATSKNF, and formations whisper my name...

Have the gods truly forsaken their servant? What do I do Veeky Forums? Help me...

The brake fluid for stripping.

Pray to your gods for a spine.

Name one Ashot

I asked and they told me that only cult units get fearless...

Play both? The gods aren't going to be pissed if you play multiple armies. Slaanesh CSM are my primary army and I have a polyarmy relationship 4 secondary armies. S/he loves it when I play around with other minis.

>do I paint it loyalist or IW... The sting of defeat is fresh in my mind and the chapter tactics, ATSKNF, and formations whisper my name...
Just paint silver skulls, loyalist iron warriors.

Fuck dude, wear a mask man, don't go dying on me!!!!!!

It's just a little piece of kit that they give you enough of to literally equip a quarter of the squad with that does nothing.

Or maybe he is phoning the greater good hotline, who knows?

I would base them with some contrasting colors like martian ironearth or something similar to make the armor stand out more. Easy way to make them pop without having to highlight the edges or add more effects.

>1-800-GR8-GOOD

'Eavy Metal articles are back!

Sub-Optimal Units you have a soft spot for:

My Plasma Sentinel squadron. I try to fit them in every list I can.

Chaos cultists, and defilers
Love me some crabbots

>Things being Optimal even being a concern when fielding your army

Lighting Claw Chosen, basically a waste of points but I just love Lightning Claws!

Triple Plasma Forgefiends are just plain fun, even if they never make back their points. Vanilla terminators too

Crusader squads and chaplains.