Give me examples of douchebag elves from fantasy fiction, video games, modules, etc

Give me examples of douchebag elves from fantasy fiction, video games, modules, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

ehscans.wordpress.com/dungeon-meshi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All of them

It's a meme. They don't exist, or at least not in large enough numbers to justify the archetype.

it's not a specific module or anything but it always seemed douchey how elves in older D&D editons got a free pass to murder anyone that got lost in the woods and wandered too close to their towns "just in case" and were never called out on it.
Doing that kinda shit usally gets you labeled evil and ment it was okay for the PCs to kill and take your stuff, but not the super special elves.

Discworld elves, though they're more faerie than Tolkien style.

Basically, they're midget, magical and cowardly Dark Eldar.

Well, there were those whole repeated Kinslaying episodes

Dwarf Fortress elves. They are sociopathic cannibals who flip out if you cut down too many trees or try to sell them anything made out of wood.

Blood elf Farstriders in White Wolf's warcraft tabletop were said to kill every troll that they see in their lands. Including Darkspear trolls. who are their military allies.
On the same page Farstriders are said to be chaotic good.

King Douche himself

>via 9gag.com
Really? Nobody noticed this?

This isn't some "epic maymays" website friendo, we aren't gonna sacrifice a perfectly good conversation to sperg about a watermark

Yeah, but you have to compare them to their setting. Considering you're controlling a bunch of insane alcoholics who will murder anything to use the corpses as trade goods, DF elves are at worst quirky.

Elves are smelly, stuck-up, arrogant tree-fondling hippies.

>not sperging out
This site is dead to me.

Tolkien's are probably the biggest in my mind.

Marcille is a treasure

Suikoden elves are almost always shithead racists, but there's usually a handful of cool ones in any game they're featured for you to recruit. One in particular just enjoys running fast.

If you really want the really bad sort of elf read Eragon. There isn't a one that's not a complete cocksucker that deserves a smack in the mouth, but that extends to most of the human characters too. It's a poorly written book.

Hey now, Im only talking about stupid shit like watermarks.
Imaginary characters and magical realms, on the other hand..

>Veeky Forums
>not spurging out over the slightest most insignifigant things possible

tell that to every thread that gets detrailed into oblivion because some cunt gets triggered over someone having something other than Anonumous up in the cornor of their post

On average dwarves do nothing but rip gaping holes into the landscape that do nothing but spew lava and ancient monsters into the surrounding countryside.

Warhammer elves are all dicks of varying degrees.

Whenever they get their own stuff the elves in Magic tend to be pretty douchey. The Zendikari ones were xenophobic arseholes and the Lorwyn elves were all about a looks-based caste system

Everyone is a dick of varying degrees in Warhammer.

Fair point. Still stands tho

Only one tribe of Zendikari elves were douches.

The biggest tribe was the most inclusive, friendly society on Zendikar. Nissa's people were the equivalent of backwoods redneck elves.

The Thalmar, who I'd say all deserve to die if that wasn't already their end game.

The Thalmor from Skyrim spring to mind. Fucking Elven Gestapo prancing about like they own the place.

/thread

Go away virt.

They DO own the place. You'd do well to remember that.

They do own the place Ulfrick. You made damn sure of it.

SKERIM BELERNGS TO DA NERDS!!!

Lorwyn elves in MtG.

The elves in Eragon were so obnoxious. Especially since they were clearly an entire society of mary sues. Yoga practicing, vegetarian atheist mary sues. Just like the writer.

Tolkien's are the worst, especially the wood ones

"Is that camo cape magic?
No, we just sew the colors of seasons into it, duh!"

"See those ors that chased you all the way from outside Moria? Well, we're so powerful that when they came in the forest, they all died without a casualty for us.
So good, how will you help us defeat Sauron now?
well, we can give you boats?"

never understood the meme until reading Tolkien

Not as much the lizard men.

Dark Elves

I'm honestly shocked it took this long to mention the Drow.

The True Fae from Changeling: The Lost.
The Na'vis from Avatar.

OP here,
Any examples of specific Elf characters that are huge douches?

you understood nothing
you might want to read them again

>It's a meme. They don't exist, or at least not in large enough numbers to justify the archetype.

This.
I never understood why this meme got so popular.
I mean, gimli pretty much became the prototype for all dwarves in popular media. Same with legolas, but somehow the stereotype got warped into "legolas, but also an arrogant dick", and it just makes zero sense.

Skyrim's popularity also brought with it the Thalmor, who're kinda unapologetically dicks. The Stormcloaks aren't much better, but still. It didn't help things.

Legolas IS an arrogant dick.

I've heard of nazi elves in world-building for many years before Skyrim came out.

Also, some elves were gigantic cockbags in TES from at least morrowind.

Yeah, but elder scrolls wasn't nearly the mainstream success it is now until Oblivion.

Say what you will, it's only from your perspective that we're assholes. You'd do the same if you were in our shoes.

Slaanesh is your fault and you should feel bad.

It comes from Tolkien derivatives, not Tolkien himself. Read the 2e Complete Book of Elves.

Again, you would have done the same if you had our nice pointy shoes.

Not to mention that those hypocritical fuckwits will sell you wooden items, but get pissed as hell about them being made of wood if you immediately try to trade it back.

>Plays chess with mountains and destroys most of the dwarven civilization

Feanor is literally the defining example. Everything else is poor understanding and insecurity.

Oh like you could live in a society surround by elves, see them every day, and somehow not spawn a horrible warp god made of lust and excess.

We always talk about how elves are for lewd, but these absolute madmen actually lived the dream!

Where can I read Dungeon Meshi at?

That one who fucked some gold.

Elves are immortal and always described as beautiful, and in many settings tall. There's a subtle (if not overt) ubermench theme about them, which lends itself to them having an idea of supremacy about themselves. My the campaign I'm running certain powerful elven houses are scheming to win the elf throne and start an elf war against humanity 'cause they're bitter as fuck that they don't rule everything.

>ehscans.wordpress.com/dungeon-meshi/
Habanero Scans-Psylocke Scans worked on chapter one, google it.

Elves are not the problem. It's people who play and idolize them that's the problem.

Tolkien's stuff and original elf portrayals are merely arrogant, in the manner of a guy who knows he's smart and gets a swelled head about it, and meant to be seen as flawed.

But then you get the people who want to be just plain BETTER. Whiny teenagers, adults who never stopped being whiny teenagers, they all gravitate towards elves because that arrogance appeals to them. They portray elves like they want to act, so their elves always get away with petty douchebaggery.

Then we get a backlash from people who hate those people, but have come to associate elves so strongly with those kinds of people that they just come off as having a really weird hateboner for elves. And then the meme just gets repeated with elves being jerks just for the sake of having elves be justifiably murderable.

And then we end up with Virt.

>sylph asses

what does that mean?

agreeed

Has anyone brought up the Skyrim elves and how they ganked the empire?

>they try to tell you that out of kindness, they will let you cut down a certain amount of trees per year
>out of kindness, you introduce them to your legendary hammerdwarf.

>buhuhu i get the wrong kind of attention when I attempt to identify myself on an anonymous imageboard
namefags & tripfags are straight up cancer

This comes into my "elf hate explained" folder.

The blacksmith was pretty cool, mostly because she hated the sparkly bullshit of her peers.

This is DMing I can get behind.

I like elves. But they are flavored as humans v2.0 most of the time, so it's kinda difficut to play as one and not come off as
>Whiny teenagers, adults who never stopped being whiny teenagers,

I can get behind this kind of elf.
The kind you can bust a nut or 4 on her face and watch it drip down and disappear into her cleavage.

>And then we end up with Virt.
Sssshhhhh! Beware what you say, lest you wake the nameless one up from it's slumber.

Who's Virt?

Oh, you sweet innocent Newfag.

Pray that you never find out for yourself, lest the fall into the land of Saltiness.

I'm pretty sure Virt is unbanned now, I have seen a couple of post similiar to his

He's evaded the ban since it was issued. His Tumblr got a ton of recent attention, so he's doubling his efforts.

Virt never stopped posting here.

He says he's not going to post under his name anymore, and posted his name and tripcode on his tumblr. They could be copycats, and/or he could be a lying shit. His posting style is pretty distinct, though.

>It's a poorly written book
The ending caused me to start judging the books I read while I was reading them, so it at least taught an important lesson to teenage me.

>allegedly anti-elf post
>shows dead redguard

>Elves are not the problem. It's people who play and idolize them that's the problem.
>Tolkien's stuff and original elf portrayals are merely arrogant

Classically speaking, (in a mythological and historical sense) elves have always been a problem-

"Our earliest substantial evidence for elf-beliefs comes in medieval texts from Anglo-Saxon England and high medieval Iceland, with a scatter of texts from the German-speaking world. Some general themes are apparent: elves were human(-like); were once pagan divinities of some kind; and were dangerous: they could cause harm to people or livestock, or might seduce people into sexual relationships with them."

Tolkien merely put a noble veneer on the Germanic legends-they were always considered heartbreaking, rapist, douchebags.

In the german language, a nightmare is called an Albtraum (Alb = old german for elf ) and a sickness Alpdruck.

So yeah, they ruin health und your sleep.