Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

How often do your applications get rejected from Roll20/PbP games? How sad do you feel when it happens?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11703957#post11703957
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=372019
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=372783
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How often do your applications get rejected from Roll20/PbP games?
I have never once had an application rejected. This may have something to do with the fact that I've never sent one, but I like to think that it's actually because of my charm and winning personality.

Second for reminding everyone that the person stalking the furry herm kitsune and Touhoufag is just rumproasted that he was rejected and they got into their respective games.

So! Who all's looking forward to the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?

Out of all the games I've applied to on Myth-Weavers I've managed to get into about 80% of them.

Same with Roll20, honestly.

However, this has created a situation where I hardly ever apply because I KNOW I will get in and I have to ask myself if I actually want to be in that game.

nth for we should just filter the words "purple prose" since the guy uses it in nearly every post.

I'm playing in an ERP Pathfinder game as a huli jing warlord!

I joined my current gaming group four years ago out of a mumble server, and haven't tried to join a pickup game on roll20 yet.

I make my own tokens; I've got a template in Inkscape for generating them quickly.

I want to have babies with awoo!

No you're not.

And then there's the Kingmaker game where the one spot was filled by a person who'se only attractive quality is that they are a popularly known figure on /pfg/.

Being salty isn't very attractive, you know.

How is the character supposed to walk with the swords hanging off the backs of her knees?

QANON got in? Good for them.

Salty or not, it's still true and unfair.

Momiji is a dedicated guardswoman! She got spayed!

No puppies for Momiji!

You are autistic! You make the entire thread look bad!

People are popular for reasons you know. It's not just cosmic alignments that make people dislike you.

>purple prose

myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11703957#post11703957

Stalking is a crime!

Or they could have had a good application and you're just in denial!

You will get over it by tomorrow night, unless you were incredibly hyped for the campaign in which case I give it until Saturday.

There will always be campaigns looking for players, it might take a week or a month, but if you have quality and remain persistent, you WILL get what you want.

>He doesn't recognize /jp/ cute speak

The thing about it though is that popular people 'know' they are popular and are way more capable of finding or forming games than the average fa/tg/uy (whom are commonly starved for games at all, let alone good games). So when there's a pick-up game being advertised, everyone want's into that pie here because everyone wants a game in general.
But these people that have a reputation/popularity here, when they apply it is straightup THEY ARE GUARENTEED to get in instead of anyone else because of popularity. When the fact of the matter is that they can get their own games formed at any time because of the exact same reason. But instead they apply to an application game that a large amount of the other people want to be a part of.

These people can get any kind of game they want running with whomever they want, and instead they're taking up the game that all the unknown people want to swarm to get into.

You can't just call me salty or buttmad over this dude, if it wasn't your feefee and you wanted to apply to the game, you'd be upset too!

>Megumin can only handle one explosion before getting exhausted for the rest of the day

What's her CON?

>When the fact of the matter is that they can get their own games formed at any time because of the exact same reason.

This is untrue, they have to apply for campaigns just like everybody else because /pfg/ famous does not translate into Roll20 or MW.

She's a psion (kineticist) whose GM bought into the misconception that there's no augmentation cap.

>All of the group's mostly mine actions have contributed to the rise of a lich and a dragon attacking the land
>Full grown ass Smaug kind
>We are level 4
>Our attempts to diplomancy and fight it backfire horribly and we get into a chase down the mountain
>Good thing my character Rupee-Goldberged multiple dragon killing mechanisms at the bottom of the canyon just in case, but terrified it may not be enough
>Half-way down the dragon attempts to breathe at us
>Brawler immediately throws all his shit at the cleric and screams "REMEMBER ME!!!"
>Activates "jump shoes" I made for him to get onto the dragon if it was to fly away and try to escape
>Latches on the fucking dragon, group in a panic cause we had bad luck all night and didn't expect him to survive it
>FuckShitWhatDoWeDoNow.jpg
>"UH, UH, I roll to pin!"
>Fucker crits and barely makes the CMD
>Its a 200ft drop
>I throw troll oil at him to try and prevent death, he catches and already had a cure moderate wounds potion saved from several sessions back
>Crashes the bastard and walks away
>Then I activated the machine and ran the dragon over with an exploding train
He didn't look back at it

And that's how the Brawler got his first campaign kill and got us to level 5

Will your group ever unintentionally recreate an El Tiburon?

>implying there isn't a large group of people that browse Veeky Forums or use Veeky Forums for games.
I would bet my life's savings that if they asked in this thread or the Veeky Forums group to organize a game with people, everyone would jump on them hotdog-to-face style wanting to do that.

Hmmm if I put it this way: to able to finish an adventure path without having TPK in a party of 4 were only one guy is optimized and the other two are jobbers.
I know that
>"Drr iconics finished Runelord, APs are for scrubs"
but I been TPK in kingmaker before because I was half jobbing myself and I don't want to go through something like that again.

I've asked in this thread before about organizing a game, nothing came of it because in the end it's up to a prospective DM to whip up the campaign.

What is your secret, are you a girl?

What makes you think I didn't apply?

Shit happens, life goes, on, there'll be other games.

Blaming someone else for your character not being chosen and throwing a little bitch fit when you don't get your way only means they were right not to choose you.

>The point sails over your head like a volleyball over a net.
You're an user. We're talking about known and popular /pfg/ and Veeky Forums figures landing games.

>ignoring the "if it wasn't your feefee" part

Nah, Elementalist with overcharge boon that casts 3 blasts as a standard, move and swift.

So, what are you trying to say?

>mfw I almost got a chance to play with Jolly and he droped out of the campaign before it died altogether

Man that alchemist guide has been a bible to me . That was the very first thing I read after I got into pathfinder.

If I wasn't in bed I would give you a longer response, but the secret is to show interest in the campaign, confidence in your abilities, and charisma to show you're a real human bean.

And STEAL STEAL STEAL, particularly templates.

Most adventure paths are, from my understanding, not that difficult. Kingmaker is specifically meant to be reminiscent of older-school games with more random encounters that could kill you, most of the rest should be more survivable. To be fair, though, I don't really play adventure paths very often, my local group tends to prefer homebrew campaigns that can more easily be tailored to fit the party.

As for the Kineticist, it's not as flashy as, say, a ranged character, but it's got more utility in a lot of its effects, and people overstate the problem with Burn. It's a bit unintuitive (why do I have to hurt myself to use my powers?), but you can play a Kineticist that almost never uses burn, so you don't have to worry about it. Use your free Burn reductions and save your Burn for emergencies, and you should do fine.

forgot face
>just wanted some more cool alchemist builds, already done all three of them/

See

>a real human bean
and a real hero?

see
You're hiding your head in the sand and going REEE POPULARS and you are literally the only person who is doing so. Get the fuck over yourself, you are acting like a child.

I look forward to it, but still don't know by how much. At the very least I won't have to deal with some of the more inane bullshit for a while, and will get to have things to distract myself from it when it does drop. Might even be allowed some of my own. I know for a fact that even if things get stupid, I'm still invested enough in some of the NPCs to continue.
>mfw GM makes me invested in Shattered Star by using immediate family of my character as NPCs

Meanwhile the Iron Gods game on the side has been more fun than I expected. Can't wait to go RIP AND TEAR some more robots.

myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=372019

It turns out that the fae game's "epic premise" is literally just copy and pasted from the Midgard Campaign Setting.

Should we be surprised?

Yes, this is the game with Aqualla, who made it to the next round of applications: myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=372783

So, what's it like getting rejected from a game even a furry herm kitsune got in?

APs are extremely easy when you play with 4 competent people, but everything you do when you got 2 guys that had never roleplayed before is going to be extremely hard, specially if its not a homebrew campaign and the dm doesnt want to change the module.
This was the situation I was in.
Rip Tower Shield fighter, you did your best to protect everyone when you should had just let them die. You taught me to never play martials half assedly.

>You're the only one complaining about this, therefore you're a baby.
Or you're not upset about it yourself and are ignoring my points as a result.

Applications are open 'til Saturday, technically. Go apply if you're not too much of a bitch.

Yes, that greentext is exactly what I'm saying.

Glad you agree.

What is everyone in /pfg/ so salty over?

No idea. I'm just lurking here in the corner working on a Medic.

Someone is throwing repeated fits over being rejected in favor of those he views as lesser than himself, for a group-finding service where people look for people who do not throw fits or act like they are more important than other people.

If I made a "No Weebo Faggots Allowed" game, would anyone from /pfg/ join it?

I'm kind of a weeb but not a kitsune/touhou/monster girl faggotry weeb, is that okay?

Yeah, fuck Weebo.

Not really. No special love for weebs but I don't really expect them to misbehave except in rare cases of severe autism, while people who start groups of "No ____ Faggots Allowed" are pretty much guaranteed to be unpleasant in more ways than immediately apparent.

>pfg "celebrities" getting chosen over regular joes in games
>furries getting in when you are rejected
> general melancholy about the intrinsically necessity of human beings for acceptance.
> Thinking of all those awesome campaigns we weren't chosen to only to the see another spot opening two weeks later but we don't apply because we don't want to be hurt again.

Pick your poison

forgot pic

Yeah

Well you're probably a weebo faggot

The person in the last space hasn't been announced yet. It flat out /says/ on the recruitment page that applications are still open (Despite me telling the GM that the decision is hard enough as it is).

Fame is irrelevant: one of the applicants who looked good got bonus points because /in addition to being a good person/, they hadn't played any online games before and one of the players liked the idea of bringing fresh blood into the community.

In Mr Bubbles' case, his fame made zero difference, since it turned out I was the only one in the group who knew the name.Sorry Mr Bubbles if you're reading this
Half the group including the GM didn't even know who QANON is.

coo'

How do i increase my ability scores outside of the level up increase, headbands/belts and the tomes/manuals?
I'm looking to increase Int, by the way.

Extremely extremely unpopular opinion time:

Furries are usually good enthusiastic roleplayers. You just need to avoid meeting their friends from deeper into the autism hole.

Megumeme build

Destruction Sphere
Shape Focus (Explosive Orb)
Energy Focus (Searing Blast)

Drawbacks:
Draining casting
Focus Casting
Magical Signs
Somatic Casting
Verbal Casting

Boons
Overcharge

Take quicken metamagic and apply to two castings with adding any other metamagic to one of them to cast three in one turn and promptly K.O.yourself.

I am not going to say "weeaboo haters are as bad as weeaboo" but people who get out of their way to "hate" something are slightly more annoying than just that just go "meh" on everything.

I suppose having a bunch of /pol/s players with a /pol/ gm could be fun for them in their killing all not jews and not muslims adventures or whatever but if you aren't really into that shit its better not to get involved.

A friend of mine knows I innately dislike drow with a passion, so he found it in his nature to play a Drow Paladin of Sarenrae in a campaign I ran. A full year and I said absolutely nothing about it. He survived and even helped complete the last puzzles and final boss. It actually aggravated him that I didn't call him on playing a Drow.

It's literally not hard to just let people go with things. Unless they are absolutely cancerous about it, and cannot roleplay their way out a paper bag.

>Unless they are absolutely cancerous about it, and cannot roleplay their way out a paper bag.

like weebs

I am an ardent furry hater, yet I played with a couple of furries that were good players.
It turned me into an "don't ask don't tell" guy with them, I don' t give a fuck as long as you don't start fucking your animal companion in the middle of the game.

You pretty much need to find ways to reroll your base stats. Like get turned into an animal and awakened, or in physicals' case just get reincarnated.

Exactly my stance

How did 2hu ever make it into this game anyway? Was it reputation?

Weebs aren't naturally cancerous. If they aren't the 'Tips fedora, cuts him in half, nothing personnel kid' type Weebs, they really come off more as just someone who has a passion to roleplay their character.

>promptly K.O. yourself
This is hilarious and an awful idea.

Realtalk, spheres blasters are OP as fuck if you build them right.

Yeah, but doing 20d8+15 sounds great at level 5

Human Lelementalist 5 with a charisma of 20 (with items or whatever)
1. Empower metamagic
human bonus: extra spell points
3. Quicken Metamagic
5. Fuck it doesn't matter anymore

Best of all it only takes 1 talent since you are only using the most supreme form of magic. You still have 4 other magic talents to invest in other spheres if you actually care.

>mfw no Isekai campaign

You mean hilarious and adorable
If it kills an important monster faster than anything else could have, it might even be special in its usage.

You can also Shift Time to gank your next turn's swift for another quicken. And Soulfire to burn con for more SP.

>give this little girl lots of love

Oh I'll give her lots and lots of love alright

It can be adorable and awful at the same time. Isn't that how Wednesday Addams works?

But what if it's being done by a succubus with a charisma of 40?

What game was that? And honestly, it's really cool to hear stuff like that; I wrote that guide because the ogre one sucked hard enough that I grew physically angry at people suggesting it.

To be fair, Kingmaker has a few TPK point.

Lady of the tower in book 2 is one suh point. There is no clue given that you will have an encounter with Baobhan Sith...

>Wednesday Addams
I literally remember nothing about that show. That was the daughter right? What sort of things did she do?

Anyone have a link to 2hu's Stone Blaster build?

Finally able to reply!

> Bad Penny
Can I get you to expand on this feedback?

> BKB
Yeah, it's kinda there to support the unarmed/brawling concept, which needs a lot more love to get running than most.

> Cheap Shot
Yep! But it also pairs well with Gang Up and/or Street Tactics.

> Gobsmack
I'm gonna confess, I wrote this almost entirely for the hammerspace jokes.

> Make Do/Personal Touch
Is that too much? That's one thing I worry about with these, since it's WBL-mancy in a sense.

> Wrack
Was meant as a QoL boost, yeah, since they don't get a lot of native damage and instead have to rely on feats and items.

> Baleful Glare
Even with the save penalty, not worth?

> Sands of Time
Ideas on how to boost this up? 2 hardness per level, maybe?

> Sanction: Cowardice
This came from the original version of this class, which had a native miss chance. I think it might still have uses here, though.

> Suspicion
I think you accidentally words on this feedback, my friend. Can you expand?

> Oath of Reckless Rage
Expand?

> Spurned Arcana
Similarly, expand?

> Word of Doom
You thinking geas, and are you sure?

What's your overall thoughts/feelings, my friend?

She was the dour, mother's-daughter sort, and often got into nigh-lethal hijinks with Pugsley, her brother.

The movie (1991) made a point of showing several scenes in which she (played by Christina Ricci, iirc) is shown setting Pugsley up for several rather dangerous versions of 'Mad Scientist'.

Runelords. There was a samurai there that missed at everything and then rage quit, I was told.

GM had a foxgirl fetish.

I've finished several with just 2 players/player characters. Currently taking them through Way of the Wicked and they're having an easy time of it, even though it's much harder than all the 1pp APs

Its easier to do it alone than with people sabotaging you, either on purpose or just with their own incompetence.
You know what this stealth fortress invasion needs? WAR CHANTS
Nothing like having to resurrect the useless rouge 6 times to start thinking it would be better if he stayed dead.

Ok so shift time is going to take 2 talents and an sp
Each Searing Explosive Orb blast is 2 (one for CL, one for shape), and you're doing 4 each with a CL +2 from overcharge
Two quickened for 6 sp each
One quickened empowered (or other metamagic but we're tight on sp here) for 7
And regular for 2 or a quickened maximized empowered for 9
Total SP needed to quadruple flare: 22

Use Soulfire Master and the soulfire feat with a con of at least 16 and take 14 con burn for 7 SP
You should have a casting stat of around 22 by level 7 and we're going to take Metamagic Expert as a second boon instead of the additional sp, giving us only 1 drawback going toward sp.

SP at level 7: 7 from level, 6 from stat, 2 from drawback and 7 from Soulfire
Total SP 22

with a +2 staff, that's going to be 3 explosions CL 15 and one of cl 12, and one of the 15 CL ones is empowered giving us a 64d8 half fire and half untyped and gets through SR in at least a 20ft radius.

I probably got math wrong but fuck it I don't care.

Yes, the two of them run like a well-oiled machine at this point and sometimes its a bit of a headache to stop them from colluding too much in character generation.

There's also a few other advantages to have a two-member party that people don't normally think of. For example it's a simple task for the Wizard to cast Invisibility on two people, whereas doing it on an entire party would perhaps consume too many resources. Balentyne learned that the hard way.

On the other hand, they're in Book 2 now and are running their own dungeon, and it's a bit of a slog for them. I think four people would have been better since they would be able to delegate tasks and have a lot of ideas and perspectives.

My 5th level players just got a large sum of money I was thinking they'd divide up and spend on personal improvement (to get most of the way into 6th level WBL), but since they're a bunch of frail unoptimized casters, they've instead bought a bodyguard that I introduced earlier as Untouchable Owen, a swordsman that barely takes a scratch on the job, whom they convinced not to murder them previously.

Can anyone even think of a way for an one-handing martial to make "untouchable" happen without PoW? There's a houserule that one-handing gets you an AoO when the enemy misses, so if he CAN make the enemy miss him I think he should contribute, but how can you even do that? Combat Expertise is kind of dogshit.

>Can anyone even think of a way for an one-handing martial to make "untouchable" happen
Oh, sure ,you just...

> without PoW?
Oh. Nah, Owen's fucked.

You know who I always wanted know? The guy who invented reach clerics. That fella was a visionary. I don't suppose he still plays this shit, right?

Reach clerics are hella MAD, overrated dogshit.

Like switch hitters, they're only good in, like, core games.

Make him too handsome to attack.

What? Anyone who can will wield a reach weapon, it's not rocket science.