/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Broken Promises

We have officially started the sign ups for the Veeky Forums FUMBBL League Season 5!

Apply with a fresh team to the group below (if you don't already have one in the group) and PM MauledByTheTigers stating what team you are entering into the new season and whether they are joining Rookies (if eligible) or Veterans.

Deadline for signups is next Saturday night (Yurop time zones)! Furthermore, make sure you are active on FUMBBL (meaning you've visited the page and signed into your account) at least once in the three days prior to that date! We are trying to cut down on dead starts for the first round.
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608152704
youtube.com/watch?v=zAWANkPSLIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So /tg? I want to use this as a chance to get into blood bowl. I have dabbled with Blood bowl 2 so i have decent understanding of the rules. What would be a good race to bring into the rookie league?

Blood Bowl Chaos Edition\Data\Gui\Imagesets\Loading

I'll post the updated list tonight, somehow got banned at home for replying to some muppet on /wip/ who was calling nice paintjobs "tabletop standard".

Anything is fine, not like rookie league matters.

Bring whatever you want. Learn the teams that appeal to you and vote your conscience. Just have fun.

Just, whatever team it is, buy 3 rerolls to start with.

Anything is fine, but keep in mind if you go humans that catchers are av7 on fumbbl.

BB2 now has most of the decent races covered. If you want something new there is still Amazon's, Chorfs, Khemri, Proelves, Simyins, and Slaan.

if you're trying to learn the basics then humans or undead are good. humans don't really excel at anything so you gotta actually learn some strategy instead of just elfing to victory or being orcs. undead have regen so they're forgiving

The most forgiving and easiest races early on are easily norse and amazon, but they are usually not recommended for newcomers. Like most people say, humans and orcs. Both undead teams are quite good too, as are delves.

Norse are far from forgiving. They're for people who know how to use the team's strength. You can easily get punished by av7 if you don't know what to do.

>av7
>weakness

Norse are the best team for 1d blocks which are the least forgiving action you can do before you into negative block dice.

Dorfs are the best team for 1d blocks.

Norse runner stays up on a both down.

And the ulfs don't. Think who you'd use more often for blocking, the one piece that's supposed to carry the ball or the guy who's only purpose is punching?

Dwarves are able to keep enough players on the field to actually protect the runner.

>suggesting dorfs to new players
Awful. They're not easy to play correctly.

Way better than exploding norse.

Who are you quoting?

dwarfs are a really good team to play after you get a basic understanding of the game. really teaches positioning since you just flat out lose if you position incorrectly

Mauled you cuck post the update

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608152704

I still think undead should be higher.

This guide is actually good.
There is a difference between easy and good for new players.

undead are really slow and positioning your linemen is super difficult, great team, not the best to be starting the game with

So they should be 2 tiers below dwarves when they have defined positionals suited to their own roles, are versatile, while also help newer players not suck with regen? When all the crutch teams are up there.
Dwarves have it way worse and they're A tier.

you get two wights versus the dwarves who have a FULL TEAM OF BLOCK and SURE HANDS

ghouls are av7 without regen are are integral to moving the ball

Not the point.

It's literally the point, this is a list of teams which are good to learn the game with.

This isn't a power ranking tier list.

Undead don't have any skills to help you move the ball, they only have two block pieces, and they have lots of av7

You know what happens when a new coach has 3 injured ghouls and loses his first game? He quits and never comes back.

Yes it is.

Sure Hands isn't a game changer, more than half the teams in A tier don't have it. You'll learn more of the game by not playing a one trick pony team that can't do much more than being slow and durable. There's a lot more variety on the Undead team, which can help you learn how to use different positionals. The point was undead aren't bad enough for new players to be placed next to fucking underworld and khemri and they'd fit in tier A easily. The random scenario you made up is a non argument.
Also I can assure you ghouls move the ball way easier than dorf runners.

Look, whenever I post my list everyone gets mad that their team isn't in A tier, so here's my breakdown (again)

S tier:
Humans and orcs are the best team to learn the game with, hands down, no arguments.

A tier:
Crutch teams with lots of block, sure hands (or agi 4), and other useful skills. These can teach bad habits with regards to risk management.

B tier:
Elf teams that don't have 4 blitzers. They're pretty squishy (except high elves) but they each only have 2 blitzers and they have expensive positionals.

C tier:
Everyone else.

D tier:
Joke teams. Chaos Pact (my favourite team) get put down here because they're super weird and a new player won't understand them at all.

That is what the guide says basically.

Sure but a higher tier implies x team is better than y team, that's how the tier system is used.

READING

COMPREHENSION
the guide is BETTER TO LEARN THE GAME
not x team is better than y team

x team is bettern than y team FOR LEARNING THE GAME
Holy fucking shit, how retarded can you get.

This. I picked Norse as my first team because they look cool. My first game against Nurgle has 10/16 of my players on the ko/wounded box. Block is nice but it doesn't do much if most of your team are on the ground. That said, seeing a literal pile of my own players on the wounded box is quite fun

>The random scenario you made up is a non argument.

It is DEFINITELY an argument and you do NOT get to pull the "not an argument" card SIR

Why Dwarves are A tier for learning the game:
AV9, Thick Skull, Sure hands, block EVERYWHERE, blitzers are backup ball carriers

Why undead is C tier with everyone else for learning the game:
No sure hands, av7 ball carriers, movement 3 big guys, only two block pieces, slow movement linemen who are trash compared to a dwarf lineman

at least I'm not so retarded as to boast that undead are one of the absolute best teams to learn the game with

Dwarves
Slow as fuck, expensive players who need to be used properly, singleminded playstyle, easily punished by anyone who's played the game more than 2 weeks
Undead
Cheap trash players you don't have to worry about, more than 4 ball carriers, regen everywhere, str5 with no negatrait, higher average speed, versatility and adaptability.
I also can cherrypick strengths and weaknesses all day.

Keep proving you are retarded enough to have zero reading comprehension.

>I can cherry pick strengths and weaknesses all day

Can you prove me wrong though? No, no you can't.

You can't prove that dwarves have more skills and advantages for moving the ball and blocking players.

You can't wriggle away from av7 non regenerating ghouls, no sure hands, agi 3, and only two block pieces.

If you don't like it make your own fucking list, but it'll be shit

It appears you can't disprove anything I wrote either. It's obvious each team has advantages and disadvantages.

>Keep proving you are retarded enough to have zero reading comprehension.

Um what, so you're saying that undead shouldn't be A tier?

I'm saying they're not "one of the absolute best teams", just not as bad as anything else in the Crap tier. But it seems that was too difficult to notice for you.

>C tier is crap tier

reading comprehension

they're not good, that doesn't make them bad

the crap tier is D tier

please stop fighting

which teams do the slow bashy thing other than dwarves

No, the D tier is for don't, but that must have been too hard to read for you either.

it always happens when someone gets told why their team will never be featured in a box set

Dwarves, Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Lizardmen kind of, Nurgle, Halflings

khemri, orcs, chaos if you consider blitzing with your cpomb piece every turn slow bashy

C Tier

I actually sometimes questioned my resolve, that maybe I didn't have enough determination or gumption to finish this guide. It wasn't easy but I made it to C tier, by far the largest of all the Tiers these teams have severe drawbacks for new players. These feature some amazing teams, and some terrible teams, and teams that take a bit more understanding to make work right. These aren't as straight forward as the teams in higher tiers, but if you absolutely must play them as your first team it's possible.

>It doesn't say crap anywhere in here
>R E A D I N G C O M P R E H E N S I O N

And?

You're mad that your team is in the "crap tier" (your words) except it isn't the crap tier, you just don't get as many advantages to moving the ball and blocking players as the other teams in A/B.

It's among crap teams, so it's in the crap tier.

Maybe if it didn't rely on av7 guys with agi 3, no sure hands, no apo and only had 2 block pieces it would be in a higher tier.

You know I even prefaced C tier by saying there are good teams in there, like the best team in the game (necromantic) is in there so your pretty undead can rest assured that they're not a crap team

You just love changing the subject whenever you get BTFO, hm?

that's THE FUCKING SUBJECT

Undead are severely lacking in skills and advantages to help people learn the game. You rely on positioning move4/5 pieces properly and lean on an extremely fragile ball carrier, and nothing you will say will elevate them to a higher tier.

No need to yell man, take a chill pill, calm down a bit and then reply again.

>hah I don't have any evidence or arguements so I'm going to insinuate that you are mad and need to chill
>le :^)

No, you are the one using caps and meme arrowing, dude. How do you want me to take you seriously?

I do have one serious question for you though, why do you have such a raging boner for undead?

Like out of 26 teams or whatever why is the undead team your waifu?

BBG: Where retards fight over retarded shit

that's all of Veeky Forums man, every board is the same

The only team that matters is Amazons

Bertha, I love you

Undead is pretty much THE strongest team at 1000-1200 TV.

How much do you enjoy dwarf dick?

I'm not even a dwarf coach man

Except it's not though, and the basis of the list isn't "powerful teams"

I have played like 5 games with undead.

ok, good talk, what is your favourite team

>muh sure hands

>muh dodge

>muh break tackle

youtube.com/watch?v=zAWANkPSLIk

Every board's the same
Every board's the same

They gives us memes and skubs
Then wonder why the fuck we scrubs

Do I need to have one so you can use it against me in some poor trolling attempt?

no I'm just wondering what kind of coach would talk up undead so much when they don't play undead

So, exactly that.

Which answer will get you to drink a pint of bleach?

nothing in blood bowl will ever drive me to the bleach

Dwarf coach, aka basement dwelling neckbeard living isolated from real life because getting hurt even in the tiniest bit is the most horrifying thought for him, therefore he shields himself behind a wall of denial that isolates him from both the physical world and from rational thought, even though deep down he craves for attention and he knows this, so he occasionally interacts with the outside world for attention. Includes Chaos Dwarf coaches.

vs

Undead coach, aka asshole who shares the same phobia for getting hurt, but instead of isolating himself, he hurts others to deflect any attention to himself. Surprisingly, he has developed immunity to the pain he may potentially receive from conflict, but when pain doesn't come from conflict, it kills him from the inside. Includes Necro coaches.

That's Blood Bowl!

Yeah, that's about what I was imagining would happen when someone somebody doesn't like admits their favorite team.

What would you say about a Chaos Pact coach?

Chaos pact coach, aka chubbychaser drug junkie. If you meet him early in his addiction, he's a cool guy to hang out with and he has a crew of crazy fellas so you'll have a blast. As time goes on though, his drug addiction worsens and he does harder shit until he becomes an uncontrollable asshole and a mess with split personality disorder and all kinds of fucked up shit. The fatties he bangs will get worse as well, until one day he dies from OD or one of his fattie lovers kills him over some crack.

this is great fun, could we trouble you to do one for every team?

I am an elf coach and want to get dicked

post pic of thighs/butt

not by you nerd

your loss

>1 day since singups end
>Still no update from Mauled
Season 5 dead on arrival

Chaos pact in theory is a really cool team, but in practice I've only ever seen super fucking minmax cpomb chaos pact teams. bit of a shame

define minmax, I mean for one they're not nurgle/chaos/chaosdwarf

not one of the anons you've been arguing with, but just some general thoughts on this topic:

what does 'learning the game' mean and how important is race really? i understand your tier list, it seems sensible in some general sense, but the absolute number one challenge that all coaches face is knowing the rules. the second one is knowing the odds and thus risk, and the third is using the first two bits of knowledge to make effective decisions

Skills, free reroll ones of the kind that you have highlighted as being forgiving and good for newbies, don't make any difference to learning the game. if you don't understand that it's a 3+ for an ag3 guy to pick up the ball in the empty field, and if you don't understand that your turn will end if you fail that pickup, then success teaches you nothing. It is better for a new player to fail and understand why.

So i agree, the joke teams (assume you mean stunties) and things like vamps and slann are the worst for newbies, because they just come with so many rules, and that is too overwhelming. But for other races, it is much of a muchness.

That said, as a rule i would favour getting newbies to play av9 and generally bashier teams simply because they will be in games longer and have more pieces to move and decisions to make. I don't think elves are good to learn with because of the opposite. Being pitch cleared or effectively neutered by an opponent is dispiriting, and the two most important elfballing skills - dodge screening (for defense and offense) and cage-breaking - are the kinds of things that even very experienced players agonise over and fuck up all the time.

yeah, that's why elves are B tier except for the more durable dark elves who not only have good armour on most of their pieces (a starting list for players is usually onle one runner) but you also have 4 block pieces.

the list exists because there will always be "what's the best starting team?" "first time, what team should I play?"

long ago, before the fumbbl league started up the question was asked almost every thread, so I made a pastebin which I later put on steam just as an archive. I checked my HD and turns out I still have the original .txt but whatever, it's easier for me to remember where it is on steam.

that said there's a lot of people on steam who add me or pm me about it

The 11 player getting leader and dropping rerolls, firing healthy players if they don't get stat ups or doubles

Also to add one more thing, we often take the position that newbies are fucking retards. BB can be complicated, but generally not so much. Smart people pick it up and get the idea quickly. The idiots don't learn regardless of who they play. So race discussion, especially the shitposting "x race is op" kind is really overdone and especially in this general, and the real game skills, risk management, poistioning, etc. which are universal, are barely discussed here at all.

besides constant questions the lists spawned from discussions about best races to use when teaching the game, and of course the argument always comes back to orcs versus humans.

For all time orcs versus humans will be the starter set, even though the sport was founded by orcs versus dwarves in the lore.

Humans versus orcs teach both players: sure hands, pass, dodge, catch, block (skill) and strength management for blocking, organically by virtue of the player rosters. You also get to slowly learn about movement value and positioning as the humans are faster than orcs.

Eh, it's one of those things where bloodbowl is incredibly complex because it's a GW game, so it's got a million skills and tons of corner case stuff, however the play-by-play of the average game is incredibly simple.

It's why the boxed sets teach bloodbowl as: pass, move, block without fouling, kick off events, hand-offs, etc etc and add them in later as optional advanced rules, and finally leagues and progression.

>especially the shitposting "x race is op"

ah, you're a new fag, you weren't here in the good old days, every thread was someone whining about how lizardmen are unbeatable.

good times, praise cyanide for bringing us these kinds of coaches