Warcraft: Lore and RPG Discussion

Rogues do it from behind Edition

Discuss the viability of the Warcraft setting, story, and lore, for a tabletop game.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/igmnqkhl
youtube.com/watch?v=tOMqjn072NY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

new Old God 'predictions' from the new raid.

The "lord of ravens" could be Kadgar. Thoughts?

I know that I'm stating the obvious, but it seems like Magni is listening to the voice of N'Zoth, not Azeroth. Also, Anduin is going to have an interesting arc.

Also, shit tier OP pic.

>Curse of Flesh.
>Suramar used to be circular before most of it sank, it has a location called the Court of Stars.
>Anduin.
>Azeroth, the World-Soul.
>Self-explanatory.
>Khadgar.
>Magni.
>The Pillars.

>The boy-king serves at the master's table.
SHADOWED.COM?

found something
clyp.it/igmnqkhl

Forgot your pic?

yes, dammit

>Licking the hair
>Not the freckles
>Not turning from licking freckles to french kissing
>Not making the Sin'Dorei slut squirm

I agree with

I heard another one last night to the effect of
>He draws strength from the earth. Our earth. Our strength.
Possibly referring to Thrall

>Rogues do it from behind Edition
I WEAR BLOODFANG LEATHER

The Frostmourne, Arthas' ancient blade - older than any of us,and a thousand times more deadly.
The legends claimed that the blade was possessed, and thrived by devouring the souls of its victims.
For all our bravado, we knew what it meant when Arthas drew the Frostmourne in anger - it meant you were dead.

>could be the key
Key to what, then? Key to free the octopus, or Key to "destroy" it?

>that pic

Seriously, dude?

There was also something like "At the hour of her third death, she ushers in our coming."

>warcraft
>lore
;^)

>;^)

>Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.

Jaina? Its pretty certain she will be a raid boss eventually

Sick burn, son

>Alliance players desperately wishing that Jaina isn't serving the Legion
>she's not in the Legion, just a Twilight cultist :^)
bravo Blizzard

They just want to make Alliance Garrosh. Except Garrosh was a bloodthirsty maniac from the start, while Jaina is innocent and just a victim.

Garrosh wasn't a bloodthirsty maniac from the start. He was a much more mellow and honorable orc in Outland, and his whole drama was that he had issues with his father and questioned his validity as an orc and a man. That is a legitimately interesting character. Then they turned him into "lol, old gods, racism, muh pure horde" raid boss.

>He was a much more mellow and honorable orc in Outland
He was a depressed shmuck in Outland. Then some asshole gave him prozac.

I didn't attach an image when I made the post. What the fuck?

This is a sign.
Garrosh has chosen you.

>Garrosh has chosen you.
To piss on his corpse?

>piss
Have you no manners? Don't play with your food user.

I love you, cutest queen!

DARK IRONED

Troll master race.
Remove mutants and aliens.
Spawns of da Loa were made to serve us.

After breaking up with Wrathion, Anduin moved on to bigger, blacker cock.

We will never get to explore zandalar
Fuck off you degenerate cuck

Ellisande
In her fight you kill her three times then this opens the way to the nightwell a "pool of stars"

I still think it's Wrathion and not Anduin. Anduin is too innocent to corrupt just yet, and humanity lacks a leader to replace him.

>inb4 Calia Menethil

She's not important enough yet.

>inb4 Gennaro

He and the Gilneans fill a niche--they wouldn't fit well into Anduin's role.

>Gennaro

Kek. Meant Genn.

But also, there aren't plans for any of this, btw. Multiple blizz folks have said time and time again that stuff like this exists to hold people in and get them talking, and maybe as a jumping off point for later. Don't think some group of writers agonized over these with painstaking attention to detail.

The crater one might also refer to Jaina. Her heart being Theramore since it's where she lost a lot of her compassion.

It's also the whispers of a heing that drives people insane. It could be lying to you, it could be telling the truth, hell it could honestly be saying non-words and letting the character's brain fill in stuff from their own doubts.

Old gods just like to mess with peoples heads
>your friends will abandon you
>your heart will explode

but sometimes they speak the truth

youtube.com/watch?v=tOMqjn072NY

>All should bow before you
>All that you have accomplished, all that you have won, yet still you lick the boots of kings.

Based Y'Shaarj

>Niggers believing every word waifu dagger says even though pretty much everything in-game tells you not to trust it because it deceives and corrupts

Wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard added the Jaina part just to fuck with the hurr Jaina dreadlord idiots.

nice try "Jaina"

>The dagger tells you it would be a good idea
to talk to Odyn about Loken
Why would you trust that thing afterwards

>We will never get to explore zandalar
Unless you un-sink it, like Broken Isles

If Gul'dan could do that with a bunch of Ogre-Magi, so could players.

Except it's not knaifu that tells you this.

Yeah Knaifu is all about warning you that the real fight is still coming

As much as I love the Jaina Dread Lord meme, this is more probable. And remember, Kul Tiras is still off the radar, but it's people keep sprouting up. I swear Kul Tiras is the writer's second to last ace in the hole for when they run out of ideas

>Jaina becomes the new Cho'Gall for the Old Gods and finds her old home.
>still lacking an effective leader, Kul Tiras can't do shit as Jaina takes over and aims to finish what her father started.
>point guns at the horde for revenge, and guns at the alliance for spite
>players arrive at Kul Tiras which is now it's own continent for game play convenience, and everything is either sailor or cthulu themed

Boom, next expansion. Assuming we don't kill Jaina anytime soon

>players arrive at Kul Tiras which is now it's own continent for game play convenience
It's an island that should be south-southeast of Gilneas

It's not going to happen Kul Tiras doesn't exist anymore

Oh, Il'gynoth was the one saying it? The point should still stand though. I wouldn't put much faith into anything lolcorruption shit tells you.

>warning you that the real fight is still coming

Her helping the player out with explaining history/things and even apparently giving warnings now throws me off. What could Knaifu gain with this, wouldn't she want the void to win?

but there are Kul Tiras marines kept captive by those giants down in Azsuna

Or she doesn't want to be a slave of the void lords anymore. She tells you she is helping you because your goals align at the moment

And the Broken Islands were just the small scraps of land around Suramar that got left above water after Sundering (plus the probably large part that Gul'dan rose to the surface to access the Tomb of Sargeras). Now it's an area of comparable size to Northrend or Pandaria (although given that WoW is heavily scaled down, it's probably not supposed to be that big in lore; it's just scaled down less than the major continents).

Trolls mages stopped the whole thing from going under during the explodey times so you know

Did thry nerf the DH glide between pre launch and now? I fee like I'm falling faster.

Yeah, as time goes on, Blizzards has to expand the gameplay area, even if its lore size is rather tiny, as the Broken Isles are supposed to be.

I wonder if they'll ever grow the balls and the funding to expand the original continents to a larger scale.

So Wrathion has a big brother who's not a huge dick.

More like uncle. But his Unca Bull Moose is more interested in playing with the other Tauren than reviving his race.

How are two dudes gonna revive a dragonflight?

Speaking of dragonflights, who's gonna take over for yesera?

>I wonder if they'll ever grow the balls and the funding to expand the original continents to a larger scale.
One of the few things that would open up my eyes to WoW for the first time since tbc.

I imagine it would face opposition for people who see WoW as the true representation of the setting, rather than an adaption to make gameplaye more feasable, like most people wouldn't want to spend days to move from town to town so of course it needed to be shrunk down initially or more focused on a smaller area.

There's a lot you could do if they reworked the older areas to make them bigger.
Like Redridge mountains could be kept mostly intact, but it could be referred to as Redridge Valley, and then you have a higher level zone called Redrige Mountains that mostly surrounds it.
Then Deeper Darkshire or Deep Elwynn Forest. that are inside those zones.
That way you could make the old areas still seem familiar to the people who have played the mmo for years.

Not that user, but there's a bunch of black dragon eggs in Neltharion's lair, deposited there before he got all corrupted.

Also,who's Wrathion's uncle? I'm a bit lost here.

>Also,who's Wrathion's uncle?

/pol/ has ruined me. And I don't even go to /pol/

Wrathion has two uncles. One is Ebonhorn. The other is Sabellian in Blades Edge

That actually sounds kinda cool. Could even throw Queen Azshara and Nazjatar into that mix.

I did know about Sabellian, but none of this Ebonhorn guy. Cool thing,though; I never liked all this "all black dragons are eeeviiiiiil" thing. It's nice to see some lore pointing to their eventual restitution.

They explicitly say that the eggs were corrupted and the ritual only saved one of them.

I was hoping it would be a female because having it be another dude kind of takes away from Wrathion, especially since Ebonhorn is such a no-name minor character.

I think it's less "all black dragons are eeeviiiiiil", and more "black dragons are more susceptible to corruption", mostly due to living underground, closer to the Old Gods and their maddening ever-whispering. Since dragons are alive, conscient and sentient even while in the egg, it's easy to twist their minds, and it apparently needs an extraordinary effort to purify/cleanse/keep out the corruption.

>Sabellian: had to go to another bloody planet to escape N'zoth whispering sweet nothings in his ear
>Wrathion: Is technicall a chimera (genetically spaking, not in terms of ingame species), being born of an amalgamation of black dragon eggs purified by Titan technology unearthed in the Badlands
>Ebonhorn/Ebyssian (with that name, shouldn't it be a female? Although I'll concede Black and Green dragons do not seem to have standard naming conventions like the other flights): Purified while still in the egg by the Hammer of Khaz'goroth, a powerful Titan relic, and even that only saved him out of a massive clutch/nest.

BIG AZEROTHIAN DICK.
SMALL TITANFORGED DICK.

nah, it'd be disrespectful to piss on sylvanas. his corpse was quite shaken up by his death.

Kill stuff with knaifu = feeds knaifu.

What I meant was that it seems all black dragons were necessarily affected by Deathwing's own corruption,without a single chance of cleansing or redemption. To me it seemt too pushed in. I know it makes sense lorewise, I just dislike it,that's all.

Concerning Sabellian,how comes he just abadoned Deathwing's projects and stayed in Outland? I mean,he was born with the Old Gods taint in him, and I don't think that all his hatred for Gruul and sons could overcome the call of the Twilight Hammer and his own father (even more considering Synestra visited Outland to recruit the Dragonmaw for Deathwing's cause); so or he's not completely corrupt, or Blizzard has swiped him under the proverbial carpet and forgot about him.

>this is your king now

I think Sabellian just got stuck in Outland after the Dark Portal was destroyed, and had a few decades to be without the Old Gods whispering in his head. After that he probably didn't have any compelling reason to return to Azeroth.

Other than the pretty lame licensed RPGs are there any fan attempts at a Warcraft RPG?

That's a pretty good homebrewed book for 5th edition DnD. I don't have the link, though.

I just want to play a naga, their lore is pretty cool.

>Leveling some alts. Focusing on my mage right now. Do first artifact quest.
>Kirin Tor allow Aethas Sunreaver back into Dalaran
For what fucking purpose is this shit stain allowed access to the mage city again after abusing his access twice?

I thought Aethas was genuinely loyal to Kirin Tor. Some Sunreavers helped Garrosh to build the manabomb, which got all of the kicked out, whether they had anything to do with it.

Because Jaina is out and he's learned his lesson about following the orders of a warchief that looks out for their own people first.

Troll master race
When will we get the Mist of Trollzanda adding the 3rd faction Troll empire

Nuking of Theramore was in no way excusable.

You realize Aethas wasn't involved in the Mana bomb at all, and only """""involved""""" with the Bell in so far as he was threatened into backing down when he found out about the theft after it had already occurred, right?

He didn't abuse a damned thing.

When it was being used as a logistics center for Alliance military operations against the Horde it was very much an acceptable target and I say this as someone who thinks the Horde should have died ages ago.

Because fuck your mary sue city and your dreadlord leader. Hands off Felo'melorn non-elf scum.

He's at fault from a command perspective. Its common to fire leaders over their subordinates actions. Happened to the Air Force during the nuke mishap in 2007.

I want to violate the blood elf while she holds her down and eggs me on.

So, that first quote only shows up if you're playing as a race afflicted by the Curse of Flesh, right?

Because obviously that would make no sense for Goblins (kajamite-mutated Pygmies, who were there before Mimiron), Night Elves/Blood Elves (two strains of mutated Troll), Trolls (natives), Orcs/Draenei (aliens), or Tauren/Pandaren (descended from Yaungol/Furbolgs who probably came from Niuzao/Ursoc so they're another Wild God race and were always flesh)?

Also, what's the deal with Harpies? Why are they like they are now if Aviana was a decent person? Is it Old Gods again?

Good point. Didn't think about the Portal's destruction.

Doesn't anything that comes from a wild god count as titan-made?

Or do I mistake what wild gods actually are?

>Or do I mistake what wild gods actually are?
They're loa

Hey guys. I've got a problem that I was hoping you could help me out with.

See, a friend of mine is running a Warcraft campaign, and I'm playing one half of a goblin duo. We're called Flotsam and Jetsam, and we are junk fishermen.

Now, my character, Jetsam, had a harpy wife in his backstory but the DM doesn't see it happening.

I tried to convince him to let me and he agreed to it, if I can convince him that it could definitely happen.

The problem I have is that neither Flotsam nor Jetsam have left Booty bay. Is there anyway I can make this work?

Is your creation's creation considered your own creation?