"WoW" aesthetic

>"WoW" aesthetic
>"40k" aesthetic
>other aesthetics that are the combined result of technical/practical limitations and dragging around rotting sacred cows

What if I told you my favorite aesthetic is a clever combination of Warhammer Fantasy and The Witcher?

That's one hell of a faggot post.
Are you the legendary king of the faggots?

>It's an 'user hates on pauldrons episode'

Sometimes you just have to linebacker the demons, user.

>"You're supposed to hold the other end of the sword"
>He doesn't know about the mordhau

>Striking with the pommel rather than throwing it
>Unending and unrighteous laughter

40k art never had technical or practical limitations though. Maybe the models did, but they are regularly updated.

whats wrong with the ridiculous over-the-top spess knight soldiers of the 80s?

its goofy, stupid, uninspired, and i love it

Kneel before your king.

40k art had to be based around the limitations of their miniature modelling. Even though modelling techniques have improved, the defining aspects of the 40k look has been cemented years ago.

And, it's awful.

>hating grimdark overblown black and white incredibly edgy art with gaunt faces and spikes everywhere

Wew, that's really shit opinions you've got there.

But there are plenty of a 40k/fantasy art based around things that where never modelled.
Either you are a low quality troll, or you have deluded yourself into think all GW art is non-Blanche roguetrader era crap.

The excesses of "red period" GW are very much a 90s thing.

Rogue Trader is down to Earth by comparison.

FW improves vastly on the 40k aesthetic. The GW version is popular due to its nostalgia and lovable goofiness.

WoW aesthetic is popular due to its bright palette. It was even applied to Torchlight, Starcraft 2, Diablo III, and Dawn of War III. The WoW large shoulders is less so and is rightfully derided wherever it is found outside WoW, and sometimes even in WoW.

>Horde players' faces when male Undead had their pauldrons permanently shrunk and orcs/Tauren had tiny shoulders for a week or two due to a bug

Exceptions do not constitute rules.

>Horde players' faces when male Undead had their pauldrons permanently shrunk and orcs/Tauren had tiny shoulders for a week or two due to a bug
Hey, those are fond memories I still have from TBC.

As the original poster of that screencap, I have to say how pleased I am that it can help produce such a passionate, if not we'll reasoned, response.

Fair point.
However, and it might just be my ignorance speaking here, but I don't believe that technique works as well when the sword is held in the manner described.

Also human female shoulders got messed up in WoD's model update, they shrunk slightly and got tilted at a funky angle.

I will never understand the appeal of the 40k universe and character designs.

It's also worth mentioning that modern GW casts are pretty good looking, too. Mechanicus and Skitarii are beautiful armies compared to some of the longer runners.

That's really 30k aesthetic, though, isn't it?

I'd tell you you've got some shit taste.

Worgen didn't even get a model update and they managed to mess up fist weapons. Looks especially rotten on my bear druid now that I'm contractually obligated to use them forever.

They kept the transmog restriction of fists only becoming other fists? Goddammit.

Yep. And they haven't added a whole lot of fist weapons to the game either. I think this might actually be the first time I've ever used a fist weapon on any character, ever, and I've played since vanilla.

I thought about using that bear head fist from Wrath with the bear tier set from MoP and becoming wolfbear cerberus but it doesn't match very well.

Yeah, Ele shaman is stuck with one too, but if I ever do resub I guess I'll mog it to an old-god crab claw via Lobstmourne.

desu I kind of regret my purchase. $65 and I'm already losing interest. A lot of the class hall stuff is time gated (it takes 45 days of continuous research to get all your order upgrades, 5 days apiece for artifact research), the world quests are already getting stale and artifact weapons are a huge grind on top of rep grinding. I don't have tons of time for WoW so I'm mostly limited to LFR, and the first raid won't be fully available to me until October 25th. And even that is only seven bosses.

The worst part is they did a 10% nerf to all tanks hotfix last night so it's going to be another expansion of heavy handed nerfs with no explanation.

Wow, you really are the king of the faggots.

>people bitching about 40k marine shoulders and giant WoW pauldrons
>no one ever mentions Warmachine Khador male armor

That one Dracula guy with the sword is literally 50% pauldron.

So you want a setting that has no aesthetics and that constantly changes its style to suit whatever you're into at the moment?

Claws of Agony/Torment or Eskhandar's don't work for ya?

Words of high praise coming from one such as yourself.

Like the man said, kneel bitch.

>FW improves vastly on the 40k aesthetic

Not sure what you mean by this

They're space fantasy, draw from multiple sources, and the aesthetics of the Imperium at least are a break from what currently seems to be the norm for futuristic human society with everything being clean, rounded, and technologically advanced.

Also with the Imperium you could say that there is an appeal in how it shits all over human arrogance and shows that humanity is just one bad day away from tossing aside all its supposed knowledge and enlightenment and regressing. Granted that could come from the sources it draws upon.

That was my problem with Warmachine and Hordes, a lot of the art and models really seemed to be trying to ape the aesthetics that Blizzard introduced with Warcraft,