40k General

Genestealer Cult Soon Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Last Thread
(Cross-thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

communitycomp.org/files/CommunityComp.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New Genestealer model? Those Claws look huge.

Second for Adeputs Mechanicus, Praise the Omnissah!!!

Looks like the old ones. Doesn't have the same pseudo-space hulk look of the Overkill stealers.

>Genestealer Cult Soon Edition
Fugg

And I thought I had managed to quit 40k.

Barely cleaned up at all, looks to be a Ymgarl Genestealer

hey i havent kept up with this update but are we getting that sweet cult automobile?

Almost certainly the old models rebased on 32mm.

Wonderful, now I need to get 32mm adapters for my entire stock of current 'stealers or my autism won't let me put them on the table. Can't say I haven't seen this coming, though.

>GW's faces

Yes, maybe even two, or at least a double kit.

Preorders tomorrow to be exact!

Codex Genestealer Cult

Codex Genestealer Cult (Limited Edition)

Genestealer Cult: Acolyte Hybrids

Genestealer Cult: Neophyte Hybrids

Genestealer Cults Dice:

Genestealer Cults Datacards:

How to Paint Genestealer Cults:

This is what we're getting in Wave 1.

Is it just me, or do we not have a PDF of the 4th ed Marine book (the one with Chapter Traits and Calgar on the front) anywhere?

>all this timed with the release of Space Hulk: Deathwing

Coincidence?

>people selling death masque harlies in bulk
>tfw picked up two skyweavers and 6 harlies for £20, all on the sprue
I'll pick up the codex tomorrow, what else should I buy for my new army?
Would white faces with red noses and orange hair be too silly for a colour scheme?

>Codex Genestealer Cult (Limited Edition)

What does one typically get in a limited edition codex?

Man, I didn't imagine my cover edit would get adopted so widely and so fast.

lurked pixiv for a bit

probably

So I have a question.

I wanted to get in to the hobby for a long time and I took the plunge as of one week ago.

I purchased so far
Abaddon
40 Chaos space marines
15 terminators
1 Defiler
4 Rhinos
1 Landraider
1 Heldrake
around 50 cultists

Now I have no idea what to do with this since most of the stuff i picked up while being drunk and screwing around on Ebay.

What can i make of this and lore-wise may i field multiple factions (Khorna and Nurgle for example)

What do i need to think about moving forward? Do i need heavy support or something like that?

Sorry to noob the fuck out of 40k general but you guys seems to know your shit.

/user with a compulsory buying problem

rebasing anything ever

Fuck that shit, i ain't doing it for AoS i ain't doing it for 40k.

Not gonna ruin my fully based models and piss away money on it

6 objective counter coins, hardback codex, a either a supplement or artbook, maybe some A4 miniposters too.

there are a few of these but i was too lazy to download all of them

Get ahold of Traitor's Hate, there's an epub someone will post Eventually. You can run also run a ~500ish point CAD with what you've got there to start off, just get ahold of or declare something to be a chaos lord.

The adapters just glue on to the sides and then you have to extend the basing a little bit, it's not as agonizing as chopping them off, cleaning up the feet and regluing them to a whole new base.

Plus I really, really like the 32mm bases for the larger models like stealers and marines.

Why do i need the chaos lord? Seriously I've no idea what I'm doing. Talk to me as you would take to a mentally challenged dog.

>putting stealers on bases too large for space hulk squares
actual heresy

Okay, first thing, buy the fucking rulebook and the codex, and read them both.

Then come back with your questions.

Here.

He has way more than 500 points m8. I mean a lot of t will be redundant but still. He can run a massive mostly-infantry-with-transports-and-dinobots shitshow. And he can always just say "Abaddon counts as generic Chaos Lord" for now.

>/user with a compulsory buying problem

Yeah you want to keep that in check, plenty of people get into the hobby and buy way to much shit early on, even if it's cheap it's demoralizing to own shit you'll never get around to using.

So you've got that Army you'll want to get yourself a Chaos codex. The marines / cultists are the Troops, and Abaddon can be the leader. You can save points by using one of the terminators as a generic Chaos Lord.

Then you have 14 Terminators (more than enough).

You should consider visiting a Gamesworkshop to get a free beginner lesson on how to play, and he can explain how to build an army with what you have.

Don't buy the rulebook, download the PDF in the mega upload in the OP.

Yeah, but 500 points is a simple place to start and learn the rules. Or Kill Team.

First, find out what chaos legion you like the most. Then the next step is playing 30k.

You'll be happier user.

I'll be doing all of that but just wanted to start getting some stuff together and i would assume that here would be a good place to ask around and get some pointers. Why are you being a dick about it?

Abaddon is a pricey HQ, that's why they say you could use a Chaos Lord, for smaller points games. You could always use Abby as a Chaos Lord, most players don't care. What you now need to do is get the Chaos Marines codex, and I suggest to find a download of the Black Legion, and also check out Traitor's Hate. Since you have Abby, running a Black Legion army would be logical (it's just some extra rules you get). You can use all the Traitor's Hate formations either way.

While Chaos is not the most competitive, what you have is great for fun game with friends, or games against other same-level codices.

You can field multiple factions, it's based on the Marks you buy for your unit. You could have one unit buy a Mark of Nurgle and gain the bonus for that, and have one unit buy the Mark of Khorne and gain the bonus for that. Be sure to check the rules to see how you want to build your squads.

I would suggest some more heavy support. Check the formations to see if there's some fun stuff you want in there, or else get some Predators, Vindicators, or Obliterators. They're not terrible.

So I should buy 30k instead? Are we talking about spending around 1 000 dollarydoos or over just to get things going?

The megaupload link in the OP has all the rulebooks in - look for The Rules and the Chaos Space Marine Codex. First read through the basics of the rules, then jump into your codex. You'll find all the relevant information for everything you have.

Then, post a list (look on 1d4chan for good formatting) and some anons will comment on it and hopefully help you. Be prepared for autism though.

Now, you have a lot of reading ahead of you, come here with questions you can't find any answers for anywhere else, but have fun getting stuck in.

Thanks buddy! I'll look into rules and all of that as well. Do you have tips for beginners games with not to much stuff to complicate everything?

Because there's no reason for us to hold your hand if you haven't even put in the time to read the basic rules of the game.

Give a man a fish etc. etc. Teach yourself with what you already have available, THEN come back with questions if you don't understand something.

Battlescribe is your friendo

Also, as said, going into a local Games Workshop and asking for an introductory game may hep immeasurably (although they will try to sell you things and with your compulsive buying that may not be a fantastic idea).

Just use whatever chaos models you want. You don't have to buy all the expensive FW shit. Just say your legion is during the Scouring. Also, betrayal at calth or the new Prospero box that is coming can drastically reduce the price.

And there is always China.

30k is more expensive but the models are nicer the game is better and you can use them as a fancy 40k army.

40k is cheaper and looks shitty when used as a 30k army.

So the choice is yours. If you aren't interested in 30k or enjoy the 40k spikey look and prefer plastic you should just stick with the cheaper 40k stuff. Most people playing Chaos these days are using Daemonkin, Daemons, or 30k models. The actual 40k models are a rare sight these days since they're so old and ugly. I can't remember the last time I saw a 40k Night Lords player use the plastic stuff rather than FW models with bat ears and shit.

I am a different person, but I think that you should wait on formations. Many new players have trouble understanding them at first, and you should learn how to use your basic units and their rules before you get into advanced things like formations that pile on even more special rules.

Remember everything in 40k costs points, so that what people mean they say avoiding Abbadon because he is expensive.

Each you pay for in points, like say 10 cultists are 50 points, and then each extra one you add is i think 6 points each. then you can buy them special wepaons for more points, etc.

First, work on learning the basic rules, and maybe building up a 500 point army with what you have, you won't be able to use everything, but that's fine for starting out

Not that user, but low points (around 500) is a good starting point to learn basics, which will probably look like:

A lord

2 Squads of marines in Rhinos/Cultists

Maybe some of your terminators

It looks like you easily have enough for 1500pts, maybe more (probably more actually). Do you have anyone to play with, or will you be going to local stores and playing with people there?

Chainsaw

First guy, I can get behind this. Grab a Chaos Marine, call him your Chaos Lord. Pick some cultists, some marines, maybe a unit of terminators. Get to 500 points, and play a test game. Then slowly scale up. This way you get to learn your units bit by bit.

Genestealer Cult is cool for flavor, but are we expecting anything good in terms of a playable force?

>those masks and visors
holy fuck

That's kind of what i was thinking as well. That shouldn't be to over the top right? I've been looking into battle reports whilst looking at rules but because of job I haven't been able to put in the time needed.

the suicide bomber has me more interested, to be honest

is that the dude from Heaven's Gate?

Yes.

Unless you mean like, Tier 1, playing vs scatbike spam and bullshit like that, then no.

But if anything those are the forces that are UNPLAYABLE these days in the literal sense that no one will play you if you bring them.

Each turn is broken down into:
Movement
Shooting
Assault (if you declare charge)

With the units you have, look up how far they can move, how far they can shoot, what you need to roll to "hit" (enemy rolls saves), and what you need to roll to save.

Keep your units in cover as much as possible, it's a game of numbers, the more dice you throw at a target, the more likely you will land a wound, so pick your targets by threat and get as many rolls you can towards killing it.

Yeah my dick is so diamonds, they're gonna need that power pick to mine it for valuable ores.

>all those cultist like bitz
>still can only buy snap fit cultists directly from GW

Still don't get why they made these but from the DV set there is only the helbrute that got a plastic kit...

I didn't even notice the shotguns at first.

This kit is going to be fucking choice.

Thanks!

I have a couple of friends that have been investing in Space Marines, Dark Eldar and Imperial Guard.

The problem is though that all of us makes quite a good amount of money (for example, one of the guys have spent a bit over 3000 dollars the past two months) so we have pretty much gone full retard-mode on purchasing and painting.

Playing wise I'll be setting up a playing table in my apartment and we'll try to have three set dates every month dedicated for playing.

They're already better than tyranids.

Was covering your models in memes mask part of your master plan?

I missed him. He should be fun.

Or play kill team with 15 barebones chaos marines to start out with.

Haha, ouch. Poor Nids

The raptors / warp talons IMHO look better than their 30k counterpart and catch the chaos marine look pretty well. Rest of the range is shit though.

Because most CSM players don't want Cultists, they want to run spiky marines, whereas this entire Codex is based around gcultists?

>GW didn't just recycle the shitty snapfit cult sprues and shove them in a box

I don't believe it, these actually look really nice

Only 5 per box, oh god, what is this going to do to my wallet...

Cue Bane jokes then?

Right? I'm getting that same feel I got when Skitarii first came out - holy shit GW actually produced something that feels like they cared for once.

The marines with the new design did not get released outside of the box though and "most csm players" will field cultists as troops, as the normal marines suck.

>not having the twelve from overkill already

17's a good number. Two squads of eight with one floater.

Awesome!... But 5?

>"Dude the enemy's coming pick up a weapon"
>"Dude I got this"
>Picks up pickaxe

I do have 12 from Overkill already, the problem is I want like 20 more....

That's a nice spread of armies there, you'll be able to see quite a few different playstyles.

If you can justify and afford the spend, more power to you, but I would warn against it purely because you may get burned out and resent your purchases when it comes to modelling and painting them. If you have set dates to play, you can all use those to motivate yourselves to get a certain amount painted between each session so you have more completed models to play with each time.

>It's a mining laser
>s9 ap1
EXPLAIN THIS

I wonder how many models you will need to field them as standalone army. From my limited knowledge of genestealer cults they should be horde style, which would get realy expensive as long as you don't use them as allied force only, to go with your nids / guard whatever.

I could see getting two boxes just to have more special weapons choices to spread around your generic filler, but more than 30 second/first gens? nah man

gotta get those infantry with infiltrating snub-lascannons and what looks like a graviton gun

Short range.

Oh we've painted up an entire army of Imperial fists that looks really nice and the CSM will be taken care of pretty swiftly (four guys painting).

By the way, thanks to all who has replied. Greatly appreciated and I'll be returning soon with pictures of the paint progression and shitloads of questions about the rules and "when do I use this" etc etc.

I have 12 from overkill and bought another 12-of set. It's not fucking enough. Fucking Acolytes are like Hormagaunts who can actually do shit. I should've bought two more sets while the getting was good

>6" range
>heavy 1

And now it's junk.

No one cared who we were until we took off our masks

But those other guys don't have rending claws!

I NEED ALL THE CHEAP, ASSAULT GRENADE PACKING DUDES WITH RENDING CLAWS.

I thought it was range 18" on a model with infiltrate?

Has anybody here tried the community comp scoring system? If so what are your thoughts on it? communitycomp.org/files/CommunityComp.pdf

It's 24" S 9 AP 2 Heavy 1.

>graviton gun
>tfw genestealers get grav before you

Everytime I see this I get more pissed off. Why does our Knight Detachment literally buff imperials as much as us? Why do we have so many formations of Warpsmith+3 Things? Why didn't they update the cult disciplines or the relics or the warlord traits or give us support for non-Khorne? Why didn't they update the Khornetaur?

Not to mention the fact that we're almost guaranteed an assault transport for them

They're so good at camping objectives in cover and just BEGGING people to assault them. Being able to move them offensively will be choice

I don't have a clue, I just pointed out that something being S9 AP1 isn't inherently overpowered.

Visit the WIP thread with painting as well, they generally give good advice.

I'm pretty jealous of you guys actually, I only have one guy I play with semi-regularly, and his army is mostly unpainted Tau (though he's not a huge taufag, he doesn't even own a Riptide).

>LGS can order any number of Cult books but are limited to two boxes from the new releases
If you're going to play this army I strongly recommend buying from as many sources as possible because I think they fucked up production and will run out quickly.

>Chaos players already fucking bitching

Can you guys just chill, we've been waiting over 20 years for this. And there's literally nothing stopping you from kitbashing these a little bit to make a counts-as Chaos cult.

>normal dudes infiltrating onto objectives and squatting
>monster dudes packed in the clown cars
Now that I think of it, we can pack the patriarch in a car, right?

They'll do another production run soon enough because these are going to sell out literally in record time.

Nah that's just GW trying to throttle third party retailers.

Ah that sucks. Hopefully you'll find someone else. And again, thanks a bunch!