Mtg kaladesh prerelease

Just got back from the prerelease

Vehicles feel good.

Only played two but the pain train and cruiser are mean.

Kept hearing train noises during the games. errybody playing the pain train. Trample is so necessary. had two 10/10 ninth bridge patrols but didn't get damage through for seven turns.

Angel of intervention my favorite. then panharmonicon.

Other urls found in this thread:

lrcast.com/episodes/
puremtgo.com/articles/ars-arcanum-kaladesh-spoiler-analysis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How many invention cards showing up in your pre-release event?

Best draft archetype?

>only one piece of interaction
>it's Pressure Point

A- a... user, I feel sorry.

>has nuchandra
>feeling sorry

So what should we aim for at the pre release?

So I have a prerelease tomorrow and I haven't studied. What are the best commons and uncommons to look out for?

Pic not really related but I'd like a set that looks like this again.

>'fixed banding'
>only one of the creatures dies
>creatures at colorless, often above curve BEFORE the banding comes to play, with an upside
>their downside is they can't be killed at sorcery speed

Wizards have no idea how hard they fucked up. What were they thinking?

>often above curve BEFORE the banding comes to play
This is retarded. Vehicles are paperweights BEFORE the banding comes into play. Banding wasn't broken, it was too complex. It had its downsides too, and often times would result in only one of your banded creatures getting blocked/dying, just like with vehicles.

This shit is not broken. Not even close.

Did soulbond trigger you this hard too?

no removal, not running smugglers copter........
why.....

removal

>BUT YOU CAN'T KILL MY DEADEYE BECAUSE I'LL JUST BOUNCE IT IN RESPONSE

Smuggler's Copter is pretty clearly in there as is the whole top row.

I'm mostly triggered by 25 spells to I assume 15 lands when the curve caps at 6.

>Crack more vehicles than your opponent
>Win because your deck can run them all

>only one of the creatures dies
That's how banding itself works, though. The controller of the band gets to decide how the damage is assigned among the band.

Smuggler is in a different sleeve and im assuming OP isnt assbackwards retarded enough to try splashing double red into BW with the miniscule manabase he would have.

That one 2/2 that makes EE and get's a counter for EE is good

Hazardous Conditions is a good card to punish people for not adding counters for Fabricate.

How did you do?

Maybe he's the definition of an absolute madman?

>not splashing in planeswalkers

Do you even sealed?

Study up son.

LSV has a full set review in Channel Fireball. The preRelease primer is up on the Wizards website and there's draft and sealed deck practice sites.

You're literally a confirmed scrub if you have to look at your opponent's cards. Don't be that guy.

If you have the time to listen to 4 hours of ramblings from one of the pros of mtg.
lrcast.com/episodes/

There's more fixing in this set than the last few

Jokes aside a double coloured splash even in a slow format like sealed for a powerful card is awful unless you have an insane amount of fixers or like 19 lands. You're just going to screw your main colours and not be able to cast it most of the time.

Considering Kaladesh is a fairly aggressive format especially if you can't answer an opposing big vehicle that encourages a lower land count to begin with , you can really be punished for this.

The power creep is real

puremtgo.com/articles/ars-arcanum-kaladesh-spoiler-analysis

>powercreep
>this set is trash

wat

>Spectral Force 8/8 trample for 3GG with significant drawback. Still played competitively in UG tempo deck. Circa 2006
> Green Gearhulk . 8/8 trample for 3GG. Positive upside of being able to spread 4 power among other creatures to avoid point removal. No drawbacks.

>BFZ
>that high

>Having to give up at least one creature to make another creature that's slightly better than what its mana cost indicates
>Does literally, absolutely, no exaggeration NOTHING on an empty board
>the best vehicle, the flagship (ha) design for the mechanic, can charitably be describe as "inferno titan that you have to jump though hoops to get going"
>vehicles
>not even once

>implying smuggler copter isnt best

I think you mean the Looter Scooter.

>for 3GG
kek

Nice cards that will never see play in any real format

Friendship! Friendship, again?!

Considering standard is slow as molasses and every deck is some green midrange crap I think it's going to see play.

Even if it doesn't it still proves creep as it's better in every respect than the same card before. Actually it not seeing play further proves creep as even something that bonkers won't see play.

I remember when Verdant Force was good...

>>>/reddit/

>standard

I said a real format.

It will be played in Limited

It might be good in Canadian Highlander

>the best vehicle
You aren't talking about the Copter here I think.

any sleeper hits so far? What are the confirmed mvp common/uncommons this set?

If you get a planeswalker in sealed, you pretty much always play it no matter how bad his colours, right?

Which walker isnt value this set?

Well it can't be played in the only real format, pauper.

>His
Baan

Well, I'm playing some sealed on Xmage right now and opened Dovin, but both W and U were horrible. I considered playing W/X with a blue splash but decided against it

this set, none.

but to the difference in colors could still be so huge you don't play some of the walkers, but they are massive pulls to that color.

Either of the dual color ones you will splash for one of the colors at all times if you're playing at least one of their colors, but double red on 4 is tough.

I'd still splash it if I had very good fixing, but that's it.

I think Saheeli Rai looks mediocre in sealed. She's probably not even that good in a UR aggro draft deck.

Any 3 mana walker is a HUGE bomb in limited.

>Any 3 mana walker is a HUGE bomb in limited.
This one isn't

There are no 3-mana walkers in Kaledesh.

Oh wait I mean 3 COLOR mana.
3 cmc is pretty good

>pls explain my standard is not a real format. Bonus points if you can do it without memes or shitposting
>inb4 why you don't like it
I said "not a real format"

scrying each turn is nice, and she'll to create copies of the best creatures.
For sealed just being able to scry and singe will be enough for a slower format.
For draft, scrying is again great, and she can create pretty big advantage off of etb effects with the copies.

If she was 4cmc I'd agree she was super mediocre, but at 3 you can start gaining value round after round real early. Or more likely the opponent will spend a fair bit of value getting rid of her.

The rule used to be that any walker is a bomb in limited. That rule was broken by Tibalt, so now the rule is apparently that every 3 mana walker is a bomb. I'd be wary of blanket rules like this.

Sahelli doesn't protect herself. Her +1 doesn't affect the board in the slightest, and her -2 ability is only good if you're winning so much that you just want extra damage. In that case, why would you want to need Sahelli instead of some random creature? Saheeli can be decent in the right deck. She's no bomb

>foils
>mythic rares
>forcing artists to use the same shitty WoW-esque art style
>mythic rares
>fully embracing the pay-to-win model and never looking back
>mythic rares
>thoroughly fucked up the game lore by hiring fanfic writers
>mythic rares

>and now vehicles

Welp, that was the final nail in the coffin. Time to go back to old MtG.

I would argue she's a bomb

If you just play her on curve after a 2 drop your opponent has to push extra hard to get her out or else you will bury them in scry advantages and pings

Also late game in a cluttered board she can do the same thing

Planeswalkers are inherently retarded

>Limited: 1.5
>There aren’t many mediocre planeswalkers in Limited, but they do exist, and Saheeli is one of them. None of her abilities protect her, unless you are cloning things with fabricate, and the payoff isn’t huge. 3-mana planeswalkers are a lot stronger in Constructed, where games are faster and mana is more important.
- LSV

Pros aren't infallible, but what he writes makes sense

>In that case, why would you want to need Sahelli instead of some random creature?
yes.
because you're making some big mistakes here

>her -2 ability is only good if you're winning so much that you just want extra damage
etb effects. In R/U. Tap effect etc.

>Her +1 doesn't affect the board in the slightest
it effects card draw.

You can't play her on an empty board, but if she's out she's giving you value each turn until they kill her. And while the +1 itself it's a huge value (a bit less than I'd want for a 3 cmc card) it threatens to let you -2 repeatedly, or even ultimate.

The 'right deck' is just a R/U deck. She's not the highest bomb, and I wouldn't take her over good removal, but I'd take her over most creatures.

>Standard
>Faster than anything

>Comparing Standard other format
Ugh...
>Comparing Standard to yes even another standard.
UGH...

Come back when you have something intelligent to say.

for reference, my entire blue and white cardpool

I know! Thank god right!?

I remember back in the day thinking these were not worth the mana but "OH WELL! They're the best we have!"

Now a days I'm not frustrated with the disparity between mana and P/T

If merfolk looter is good in limited then somehow I think a card that lets you scry every turn + a bunch of other shit is pretty fucking good.

>Reading comprehension
He said that CONSTRUCTED is faster than LIMITED

He said STANDARD is faster than ANYTHING.

Who ? When ? Where ?
Not LSV and that's who I'm talking about

my biggest complaint with magic lately is the way that you cant out draft 3 bomb rares in the way that you could in gatecrash or innistrad. basically I have drafted not that many formats, but I have quickly Identified that since I don't play constructed, all I care about is being able to reliably wheel playable cards, which doesn't happen as much anymore. I remember that thraben purebloods and nav squad commandos sucked in their formats but in emn I would totally play siege mastodon

wait what? looting is better than scrying, because you can actually play the card you see the turn you do it

Merfolk looter is better than Saheeli, and the looter isn't a bomb

>tfw I'll never get to try out a crazy deck like this in a real limited environment
>tfw I'll never get an excuse to cosplay as Ricky Bobby while playing Magic
Simulators always get my hopes up for nothing.

Thriving Ibex just crushed me, that thing that get totally out of control if you don't draw/don't have hard-removal. He even added +1/+1 counters from other cards to it.

>So what should we aim for at the pre release?
Opening Mythics.

How much is your LGS charging for pre-release? Mine is 20$ but everyone online has been saying 25-30 so I guess my store is pretty good. They will also have 90$ booster boxes next week

>ugh

Go back to tumblr fish face

$40 CAD, or $35 if you preregister

Mine is 25. I'm not mad at it, it's a pretty good deal for 6 packs and a foil rare/mythic, plus you get the fun of the tournament itself and potential prizes.

I agree, I would pay more. Every person also puts 2 packs towards the prize pool forgot to mention. This is my first pre-release so idk if thats bad it seems really good though

Mine is $30 with a prize pool of 2 packs per player. I wish it was cheaper with a smaller prize pool. I like competition, just not at a pre-release.

Very strong prerelease pool and nice pulls OP, I hope mine is similar!

Mine is $23 if you preregister, and $25 at the door. You also get a minimum of 1 pack/$3 store credit no matter what, and then the amount of packs/store credit you can get increase with the amount of wins you get. If you choose Kaladesh packs, you have to wait until the actual release date since that's when they're actually allowed to sell stuff.

I think it's a really good deal.

So is that 8 packs total for $25? that's a pretty good price

I just decided to get back into playing for the first time since about 1996 because my daughter actually showed a lot of interest in playing after we looked at some of my old cards I had in a box. I just bought us both a deck builder, fat pack, booster box (and couple hundred sleeves) of Eldritch Moon because when we looked online those seemed to really interest her and appeared to be the best investment if she ends up giving it up like kids do with things and I end up selling or trading some of it. How screwed am I going to be trying to teach my old brain the new mechanics?

>pain train
>not calling it the trample train

Even literal retards can pick this game up. You won't have a hard time

It's 7:30 here, I am getting ready to go to my local stores prerelase.
If this thread is open still I'll post what I collect as the night goes on.

Alright, that's good to know. I figured I might even try to get some of the people I played with all those years ago back into it too.

You'll be fine, Wizards has been doing a good job at making the game easier to play and learn.

Also the Duels game on Steam/consoles is a decent and free way to learn the basics

This would be fucking bonkers

Another nut pool

FLICKER IS OKAY
there's a lot of enchantment-based removal
malfunction and revoke privilege are the best common removal in blue and white

R8 my deck m80-e's

two weldfast monitors under the chief of the foundry.

Pulled a Cataclysmic invention so thats noice.

I have to look at my opponents cards at any prerelease even if I did study. They always play those cards that are not bad but not quite good enough to remember.

>store doesn't give you product for prizes at prerelease
Your store is either fucking stupid or taking product designated for prizes and cracking it for singles. Either way, it's dumb.

Australian/10

I just went 3-0 at my first prerelease!

I might go back tommorow and play again, I pulled two smugglers copters and it was awesome!

I was R/U splashing B mostly for the black red killspell and blue artifact scry guy.

>If you choose Kaladesh packs, you have to wait until the actual release date
No. No you don't. Your store is screwing is screwing you over.

Bumping this. Anything that just flew under the radar?

Aether hub is being mass bought online at 25¢ by big stores along with Tendo ice bridges

Really interesting land overall

23€ pre-pack and tourney, the prize includes boosters and a cup
30€ per fatpack/bundle (Hate the new name)
75€ for boxes