Badass lords & rulers

We've seen the dick king, the the pompous prince, and all other forms of rulers in our games, but where are all the badasses? the ones who fucked up a dragon to protect his people? the ones who faced down with a god and out witted them? the ones who stories tell of?

give me your most badass people in power Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yetRJ9aAyvc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand-in-waistcoat
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A little on the demonic side, but this is all I got so far

...except for this, which may be a little on the divine side

>Please do not touch the God-King and stay behind the velvet rope at all times, no pictures.

The Immortal Onslaught has flown in!

I laughed way harder than I should've. Thanks.

Yea he was kind of a dick, but the guy was the only person willing to kill that asshole Murderlord, so....

youtube.com/watch?v=yetRJ9aAyvc

Fantasy only?

no

I got into a scuffle with one recently and nearly died. Fight got broken up by our battleground exploding.

Will post more in eight hours if I remember.

Dick badass.

The Chimaera is fully at your command, Admiral.

Old Man Gilad was a God-tier character.

Decent book series

What book series? that's not Dark Tower, is it?

No it's The Broken Empire Trilogy by Mark Lawrence.

That, I shit you not, is the name of the Jamaican man who used to sell my mum weed.

I had no idea he led a double life.

No one posted him yet.

Veeky Forums pls

#RobZombie

More queens?

I like dwarf rulers. They always seemed so wise.

Alright I'll post some lords now

Generally they are.

Good post.

I actually used the "badass king" archetype in one of my most successful campaigns. I don't think I'll ever manage to have a demigod take part in the final boss battle without having the players feeling cheated ever again.

demigod < badass king any day

If they're the same person, then there's inherent equivalency. A demigod-king is pretty awesome when done right. In this case, the player party were basically a cadre of secret agents in his service. They received their quests mainly from him, and gradually uncovered a dark conspiracy in one of the neighboring rival nations. One thing led to another, and the final showdown saw the king personally leading an army to their rescue, and fighting alongside them against a bigass demon summoned by the enemy's sorcerers. Like I said, I don't think I'll ever manage to properly balance all of that ever again.

Also, holy shit, talk about a coincidence. That's the exact image I used in the sequel to the aforementioned campaign.

For the antagonist who killed said demigod-king.

Carolus Rex XII of sweden

Don't you put your hand in your coat to hold up your pants?

Damn, Santa got fucking buff.

I don't see why people idolize him so much. If anything, he's the symbol of what Sweden LOST.
If you want a warrior king, go for the Charleses X and XI, and Gustavus II Adolphus.

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet, considering that not only is he a king, but a guile hero as well. This isn't a very common combination, usually the wise king archetype is fairly sedentary.

what from?

>doesn't know about King's Quest

look senpai, I played HoM&M and AoW and IWD. Fill me in.

>Momonga
>Badass

Only if you believe his minions.

DID SOMEONE SAY BADASS KING

NONE GREATER

Loved him

Blue dragonlord comes marching up to the crashed airship PC is holed up in. He's mad as hell. Furious. After all, as far as he knows, PC showed up in his warcamp, brought a bunch of distracting allegations, then murdered his niece and fled. Considering PC was also involved in the death of his son, brother, and uncovering his sister for treason, he's feeling pretty sore about being played.

Conversely, the barbarian is holed up on this crashed airship. She's a humanoid blender. Except, she just spend the past couple days drugged and captive, is unarmored, (only recently found clothes) and at 30% hp.

He rolls up at the head of a host (it IS his warcamp) and unleashes a scathing tirade.
>", YOU HAVE KILLED MY NIECE! YOU HAVE ALMOST KILLED MY NEPHEW. YOU ATTACKED ONE OF MY GREATEST GENERALS! YOU HAVE FREED THE ONE THING THAT KEPT YOU HERE IN MY GOOD GRACES. I WILL SLAY YOU, ."
>"TELL ME WHY! WHY DID YOU DO ALL THIS? IS THIS SOME SICK JOKE FROM YOUR OWN MIND?"

PC did none of that, and is somewhat traumatized by being drugged and strung up upside down for a few days. By the same traitors that crippled his nephew, trapped his niece's soul in a gem where she can't stop screaming, tried to do the same to PC's mother, and all of this was perpetrated by a traitor she'd warned him about. And at the heart of it, she's far too much of an alpha male to respond to a challenge with anything but a challenge.

So she effectively responds with "Fuck you, you doddering, incompetent wreck, your dead niece is as much your fault as mine, and I'd rather die than-"

'than surrender anything I cared about to you', given how poorly he's protected those he cares about. She doesn't really finish. He calls down the fucking wrath of blue-dragon-god on her. 10d6 lightning-based annihilation.

Talk about getting down to brass tacks, right? That's more what you expect PCs to do to NPC, not the other way around.

Way more spry than he looks.

Not her best angle, gotta say.

Fuck yea battle Queens

Hard as steel on the field, Genteel in the palace.

ALTE FRITZ ALTE FRITZ ALTE FRITZ

It's a shit Roberta Williams graphic adventure/pixel hunt that runs on bizzaro logic and annoying twee humor that nostalgia fags thought were so great because they were impossible to play without a strategy guide.

> Don't you put your hand in your coat to hold up your pants?
Holy shit all these years and I never knew black people had such a terrible coat shortage :(

Problem is that they stopped wearing proper coats and all wear those damned pullover hoodies with the pockets up front.

>United the warring tribes of humanity
>Conquered thousands of worlds and killed trillions of filthy xenos.
>Created masterpieces of genetics and technology.
>Was going to give humanity their own realm free of corruption.
>Gave his life to kill his favorite son who was empowered by all of the Chaos gods to destroy his Imperium.
>In death he still protects his people and provides a beacon to allow for warp travel.
Emperor is a pretty big badass.

When it crushes murderers to death in its arms, slays exceedingly powerful angels with an actual black fucking hole, and slaughters armies with a cadre of massive worm monsters; it's either a Marty Stu or a Badass.

He's seen some shit.

It's more of a gesture of politeness and dignity than anything else.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand-in-waistcoat

What was going on with horses's noses in that game?