Eternal Crusade Release

>Post totally not stolen from the /v/ thread
>What is Eternal Crusade?
"Online multiplayer 3rd person squad-based tactical shooter with tanks in a persistent war."

EC is based in the WH40K universe and currently offers 4 playable races: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks, and dirty knife ears. Combat in the game is very similar to the multiplayer from WH40K Space Marine.

>Important Links
Forum: forum.eternalcrusade.com/
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/375230/
YouTube Channel: youtube.com/channel/UCxH-BQF2CRQV6lXTf41xEeg
Release Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=U_oe4UinzMo

So, what's the verdict? Game is missing a ton of shit, and got forced to release way too early, but it's still pretty fun. When are we getting a proper Veeky Forums guild?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SpaceHulkFPS/status/778959098280804352?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Spend half of development time making various cosmetics to sell in the cash shop of an unreleased game
>Fail to live up to any promise made
>Release game straight out of early alpha without patching any of the issues
>Attempt tosell for $50
Just another ill-developed cash grab that provides a worse Warhammer40k: Spacemarine multiplayer.

From what I understand the prior lead producer was going specifically for a cash grab, and it's only in the last year or so that the team has been trying to make at least something.

Oof... I know this may sound like an odd nitpick, but some of those character animations are just terrible. Watching an eldar running around completely rigid, almost like a half-life 1: deathmatch character, makes me strangely uncomfortable.

Also, there's this weird sort of dichotomy on the sound design, some of the weapons sound and feel wonderful, and then you get stuff like the grav-tank main cannon making little pew-pew sounds...

I think I'm going to sit on the sidelines and wait to see if a bit of polish is applied...

Even though half the original team were Snake Oil acolytes and jumped ship ; I've been having a ball playing as my Blood Axe Shoota Boy/ Freeboota Slugga Boy. And the fact that the weapons actually chnge when putting kustom parts on them is a lovely and engaging touch. The game right now is no where near the worst 40k game we could have and I think it's rather decent considering all the shit that went down. With a solid player base, and time it can grow into something greater and worth any 40k fans time.

Till that time though, I'll be WAAAAAGHing my little heart out and crushing some beaky and spikey boyz heads until I'm DA GREATEST BLOOD AXE NOB OF 'EM ALL..

Remember the Veeky Forums clans we were planning, like Clan Dakkaface, Bloody Magpies, and Mostly Armless?

This may be nitpicky but the Orks seem a little bit too small and their voices sound like it was recorded through a old radio

Was on a fortress on defense as spess mahreens, forty lives lasted like 10 minutes. Would get slowly overwhelmed and defeated again/10. Felt very thematic.

Deathwing is our last hope for 40k vidya

I can't believe I'm saying this but the fucking Dark Angels are the only ones who can save 40k video games

The old team leader promised a ton of stuff that honestly would be difficult for a AAA dev to manage, let alone the team they had. He maintained the illusion for awhile until just before Alpha and that's when he seemed to vanish. The newer team tried to hype it up a bit but eventually let it out that they were just trying to fix up what they could.

One bump

It's not a terrible game, but god some of the models and animations are mediocre at best.

That being said, it's all we've got for now so I guess it's alright. It could have been a lot worse.

Save the money and buy the new deathwatch in a few months. EC ranges from meh to just plain bad.

The game
IS NOT FINISHED.

IT'S NOT EVEN SLIGHTLY FINISHED. They opened a fucking alpha, dicked around with cosmetics and a few classes for a bit, then released the fucking alpha at full price!

twitter.com/SpaceHulkFPS/status/778959098280804352?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

This gif alone makes me moist for deathwing

>tfw an assault bro is standing on your Rhino, then a lag spike instantly kills and launches them into the air.

Save us from this shitpile EYE devs

I mean, its not like you can really fuck up a 40k clone of Left 4 Dead.

EYE devs means it's going to be poorly translated, obtuse as fuck, and buggy but probably fun despite it all.

post chars

Shameless plug for the Veeky Forums general:

What the blistering fuck is that helmet. It's like the hideous lovechild between a Mk.IV and a MK.V, with an extra helping of teeth.

I also find it amusing how obvious it is which assets they (presumably) ported straight over from Space Marine, and the assets which they crapped out recently.

it appears to be the helmet of the missile launcher dude from Assault on Black Reach

In the grim darkness of the future there's only duck lips

>So, what's the verdict?
Too soon, it released too soon.

The game is fun tho and can get significantly better with the few additions they should make in the incoming months.
I'm going to play it until it dies, hoping it launches off.

It died when it raised its price to $50. If anyone wanted to buy the game, they would have done so when it was $40.
This isn't release day, release day happened when it came to Early Access.

>It died when it raised its price to $50
didn't they delay the price increase up next week or something?

I believe the game will turn into a f2p model sometime in the future.
>cosmetic microtransations
>items unlocks and lootboxes
>console release "delayed"

WHERES MY PLAYABLE IG YOU FUCKING CUNTS

FUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUU

Never promised nor even discussed. Stop whining about shit that wasn't going to happen from the beginning

Fun, but is being released too soon. There also seem to be some major balance issues and a few nasty in game bugs

Eternal Crusade was a huge dissapointment for me, I'll never touch that pile again, even their space hulk mode was lacking
but it really got me in the mood for the new Space Hulk game, and I seriously can't wait for it. Though I hope they take a look at the chalice dungeons from Bloodborne or the space ship crawler Warframe, and also try including procedurally generated space hulk sections, which improves replayability.

Or else you'll get a game like Vermintide, which is incredible fun at first, but the level design gets too stale after 30 hours of gameplay.

On another point, aren't Terminators horribly ill suited for Space Hulk clearing?

Also: Battlefleet Gothic Armada is a great game, hard as balls, but the Space Marine Battlebarge kicks mean ass.

release date was technically today/yesterday.

from where the game was when I bought it in alpha I am amazed they got this far.

Seems optimized enough, but does not run in the correct aspect ratio for 5760x1080.

Not sure where you can play as orks or elder in a 3rd person online shooter so there you go.

I am also surprised they got the PvE in even though its the same map for every one. It's kinda like a 3rd person space hulk... -ish

not worth 50, but ive already had much fun with the game when I first got it, and now that it's at least somewhat playable (server stuttering aside) it's heart seems to be in the right place.

not worth 50 but still worth a play if you had given it up a while ago.

>just trying to fix up what they could
Considering there's almost no transparency they could have said anything and who would correct them?

Not saying you're wrong but just something to consider.

They've had a live stream every week for 81 weeks showing slow but steady progress.

Remember when they released a game and it was released.

We *could* have prevented this

Extremely hazardous environments, overwhelming enemy force, and it's just you and five other dudes. I would want terminator armour.

Don't worry, there's still time to stop Star Citizen