So I mined btc back in 2014ish have btc in wallet on harddrive, but tracker doesn't sync have the...

So I mined btc back in 2014ish have btc in wallet on harddrive, but tracker doesn't sync have the .dat file are they lost with forking or are they still retrievable?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html#can-i-sweep-private-keys-from-other-bitcoin-clients
blockchain.info/address/1Fd8RuZqJNG4v56rPD1v6rgYptwnHeJRWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I Will help you if you give me 35%

ask satoshi nakamoto
you have to summon him
with the meme

Do you have a core wallet fully updated?

thanks for answering my question I must be able to retrieve them if you want 35%

You'll be fine. Just Google it for God's sake lazy bastard

it wont update I was using bitcoin-qt as the wallet version Bitcoin 0.8.1 BETA

Keep reading, preserve the .dat somewhere else for now. You'll figure it out, your coins will 100% be there.

if you transfer the wallet.dat file to a newly updated core wallet directory it should update.

If you have the private key, go get an electrum wallet and follow these instructions:
docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html#can-i-sweep-private-keys-from-other-bitcoin-clients

Read the bit about: Can I import private keys from other Bitcoin clients?

Thanks for the 35%
1BJ5iUA2ngJnf31NHRcYd45PPgarKtDmri

fine i wont be lazy...

Thanks!

If I had to venture a guess your beta wallet isn't updating because it's pre-segwit.

The file is corrupt?

If the answer is no make multiple copies of the file until you figure out how to recover your btc

Let us know how much it was, I'm pretty curious

ill check that out when i have more time

your prob right

no not corrupt but will back the files up even have dogecoin .dat file lmao

You can't leave us like this. Do this now.

wouldnt be much a couple grand max only mined a couple months then got a new comp

I WANT MY MONEY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
DO IT NOW

jesus dude, a couple grand is a shitton to me, i have 5 bucks on my fucking account right now
Now I'm even more curious lmao

What are poor fags even doing in this subreddit anyways?

wishing i had money
the memes are good too

just search your bitcoin address, it should be in the miner log files? it'll save you the time of sorting it out if its not much and we can all have a look :D

blockchain.info/address/1Fd8RuZqJNG4v56rPD1v6rgYptwnHeJRWs

search in that but put your address in.