Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Have your campaigns ever taken you to not-Asia, like Tian Xia? What did you do there? Did you meet any cute NPCs? Are any of your PCs from not-Asia?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html
docs.google.com/document/d/1En2ECuP1v63kTqGIUx5dpuhZQuoXl9Tc0UEj3P_xYN0/edit
pastebin.com/4W02U8J3
docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit#
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hYrnghrSe7kMOko-aNiS0HTVlSJnUBkvHD2dmg0omGY/edit?usp=drive_web
docs.google.com/document/d/1ys9ZDJXvCqVJylDY7-fLJdqkCwLRCr3dJ6fk96EOwd0/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for let's have some civility, please!

Obligatory
>page 3 reeeeeee

No, but I've had not-Asia come to the campaign.

One of my previous groups busted up the halfling Triad in a port city.

Nth for there is no hope. This thread is doomed.

I'm rolling a human Gunslinger for my first pathfinder campaign.

What feats and traits would /pfg/ recommend taking?

What kind of enchantment should glossy thighhighs in a treasure hoard have?

What item slot should they be? Slotless? If I make them slotless, then EVERYONE will wear magic thighhighs, right?

A different class

Your friends will abandon you if you keep pushing your magical realm like that. And I feel like if you lose them, your heart will explode.

So you see, putting glossy thighhighs in a treasure hoard? That was a mistake.

Your players think you are weak.

Don't.

Just play someone with a bow instead.

If you have to play a gunslinger, follow the guides.

>zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html

N'zoth is better

Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot, and Deadly Aim are all feats you'll want to get as soon as possible.

Tell us more about your character. Is your group using early or advanced firearms?

for what they should do, i would say a mix between gloves and boots. for example, they could increase armor (a la bracers of armor) or increase speed or mobility in some way (a la boots of striding and springing, free movement, etc).

As for slotless, i would say making them override the boot slot is a fair trade off for the versatility they could potentially give.

I had a PC from Deepmarket. Life in the tunnels wasn't for him-he wanted to taste the open air, and feel the sunlight shining down on him.

But more than that, he wanted to be a hero. And sitting in a dark hole was no way to go about it, so he made his way to Goka, where he met the party.

You mean my guide?

docs.google.com/document/d/1En2ECuP1v63kTqGIUx5dpuhZQuoXl9Tc0UEj3P_xYN0/edit

So you can't wear magic thighhighs AND magic shoes?

What if I want a character to wear magic thighhighs and magic high heels?

Tell me /pfg/... What is your lewdest character?

Ok, sorry to keep coming back with my bullshit, but I came with more bullshit for The Spellbane.

He now has constant deathward, blindsense 120ft, and if he dies while fighting an arcane caster he comes back to life via True Resurrection (this can happen once a month).

So if a wizard somehow kills him, he has to go for round 2.

pastebin.com/4W02U8J3

His remaining surplus is spent on greater teleport/plane shift scrolls, potions of haste, and luxuries.

Then the powers of both can't be active at the same time.

Making it a choice as to what effect you need at any one time is one method to make them a more intriguing choice.

For example, both could have use ability/day type things, and not need this rule, or one or the other could be completely passive, and get turned off when the other item is in use.

>"less fetishy" OP

>kitsune foxgirl slut with huge titties in OP

Really?

This game is such shit. Tried to run it for friends and got six different freak races playing broke ass classes, fucktarded eidolon shit and characters who smoke weed to get twice as much HP as they are supposed to have. Had some guy with like three different status effects on him for different abilities, the combat dragged on for a fucking hour, it's like D&D 4e but even worse. This is literally a shittier version of,3.5 which was actually,good, before 4e made it acceptable to make the DM tack five conditions and three types of ongoing damage then calling ME a shitter for not wanting to track that shit.

Fuck this game. Its a step back from 3.5 and that fucking SAYS something.

Thats some potent bait there user.

Is a UC Rogue with a reach weapon a bad idea?

So characters have to be fashion-conscious and keep changing between their different sets of thighhighs and high heels, got it.

>pastebin.com/4W02U8J3
Ah, also he is now immune to divination, detect spells, and anything that requires targeting of the soul (magic jar, trap the soul, etc.)

Nah it's not bait, I'm just venting why I'm sick of Pathfinder and I'm going back to Dungeon World that actually lets me DO things instead of shitting into my mouth if I want a basic combat resolved in under 30 minutes.

All I can say is good luck finding actual games.

Our group is using early firearms.

We might have access to advanced firearms later on.

well, don't characters already keep around loads of extra magic equipment for the various effects? isn't that basically the entire point of bags of holding and haversacks?

mechanically, Its basically just wearing 2 pairs of boots and having to choose which one to use at a time. Make it a swift action to change (or whatever the standard is for the item in question), but enforce any time limits that are on them. So if an pair of boots has an ability that can last X minutes, it lasts the full time, no switching. Point being, there needs to be a trade off for the easy to access versatility. This is just a couple idea's towards that.

That said, playing a fashion conscious character could be an interesting roleplaying choice, so long as it doesn't reach magical realm levels of weird.

>Dungeon World
Wew lad, and you said this wasn't bait.

>If he dies while fighting an arcane caster he comes back to life via True Resurrection
That's such bullshit. Literally how are you supposed to win?

by having the wizard kill him twice? it says it right there.

The one I'm playing now.

At level 6, she's a CHA 23 CON 18 geisha bard. Using pageant of the peacock shenanigans she has +36 to diplomacy, and an additional +6 vs targets that can be sexually attracted to her. This goes up to +50 with her spells active.

Backstorywise: she is a hostage of the royal court, kept in custody to ensure the loyalty of her homeland after it lost a war with her host kingdom. She's not afraid to use her charms in the service of courtly intrigue.

>not just optimizing for Perform

Pageant of the Peacock is for Knowledge, not Diplo!

How are you even supposed to kill him the first time? Massive level drain was the best bet but that no longer works. A minmaxed Mage's disjunction would get some of his items if you had it as your spell perfection (even pushing it as hard as you can the DC is still only like 41 and he has +39). You could suppress some of his items with dispel, but he kills you before you can get enough to matter.

And army of simulacrum I guess?

Don't forget her giant ass cushion

>PotP replaced all INT with Bluff and adds +4

>Bard versatile performance switches bluff with perform

>Perform is now used for Bluff and all INT skills

>Geisha adds half class level to perform, and therefore all those skills, as well

So the best ways to kill him are:

Minimum 3 level 20 dual pistol gunslingers with phase locking guns (one wouldn't do enough damage, two would be a toss up favoring Eobard, three would probably do it, they need to be optimized though).

A dragon with anti-magic field that can grapples him. Eobard still has 34str in an anti-magic field, but it isn't enough. Mortals are too reliant of magic items to compete with bigger monsters. Anything that could grapple him in an anti-magic field would have a chance.

If you're making a Perform check, you're not making a Bluff check, so you don't get the +4 bonus.

Is there any point to the hand crossbow? Can I stick poison on it or something or is it just the worlds shitiest holdout weapon?

ah yes my 3 gunslinger assassination crew

Does the Pack Flanking feat allow you to flank with your mount while you're mounted?

How do you confiscate a monks weapons? Or that of any other "unarmed" class. Do they just slap the monk in handcuffs the moment he enters any social event?

You would think that, wouldn't you? Not the case, though.

Here's a dev response explaining how modifiers carry over for versatile performance

From same discussion with dev

Rely on the Monk's requirement to remain Lawful, knowing his code of ethics should keep him from starting fights for no reason.

Does everyone know the character is a martial artist?

Some ideas would be yo have everyone in the event have a sanctuary effect.

I don't see why not, the rules look pretty solid to me

Trust in their promise not to murder people at the party, or don't invite them back after the first time?

Really, I'd question why you'd trust any random band of murderhobos not to be carrying their own bodyweight in holdouts. Your best option is to have really scary, efficient guards and make it clear that interruptions will not be tolerated.

If your DM disallows firearms, they can be dual wield without issues if you happen to have the rapid reload feat.

They're also handy weapons for alchemists and investigators since they both can apply poisons and alchemic weapons on their ammunition.

Imagine how much cuter she would be if she were a kitsune

Awesome. Now if only it didn't require Combat Expertise.

James Jacobs has given conflicting reports on how Versatile Performance works since 2009.

Tell your GM that Combat Expertise is retarded and should be a baseline feature rather than a feat, thus removing it from all requirements. Or at the very least, get him to remove the 13 Int requirement.

Is there any cute girl or cute boy who CAN'T be made cuter by making them a kitsune?

To non-baiter anons: What is Dungeon World actually like? In comparison to Pathfinder.

Its distressing how /pfg/ has more kitsune-posting than both /a/ and /jp/ combined.

Never underestimate the sheer weight of shitposting.

> Alchemic Weapons
?

A lot closer to FATE than 3.X, by way of 4E.
I would honestly just play FATE instead. I go here for messing with crunch, I don't need attempts to find a perfect middle ground.

Grenadier alchemists can apply the effects of alchemic fire, acid, stun vial, itching powder, etc to his ammunition.

Greetings again, /pfg/

I've reworked and fixed my homebrew class thanks to your feedback.

Can I please get more feedback and thoughts into this idea once again?

docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit#

What's the kitsune FCB?

I have no idea what the theme/mechanical niche of this class is. It's bad and unfocused and it doesn't know what it wants to be.

Try to make it more distinct than "Manipulator of ENERGY! who helps party and hinders bad guys", which is just bland and ridiculously unfocused.

So /pfg/, how do I build the best zenko kitsune malefex there ever was? Give me some dank builds here.

Level 10.

Kitsune racial archetypes when, NJolly?

>I have no idea what the theme/mechanical niche of this class is.
Its supposed to be left somewhat ambiguous, as to help players suit into any roleplaying character niche. They can be some mysterious wizard who taps into the unknown, or they can be a gentleman thief who can steal not just physical wealth but metaphorical ones. It really depends on fluff.

>It's bad and unfocused and it doesn't know what it wants to be.
He has a pretty diverse role.
He can Siphon the energies off of enemies, and use those siphoned energy to fuel himself or his allies through his Link.

In short, he is both an offensive and support class.

He's also designed in a way that he doesn't waste actions. In a single round, he can attack, reposition himself, and distribute buffs to his allies.

Lastly, I apologize if I come off as defensive in writing this post.

What's the lewdest race?

It has to be DSP's new huli jing kitsune, right?

You get bonuses for fucking people!

So he's a more generic fluff (if not flavorless) bard.

Why should I play this again and not just a bard?

I heard you last thread. Haven't had the chance yet. I'll write one up now.

Well, I'll be sleeping soon, so if you could attach an explanation or something about what the builds can do, that'd be great.

Thanks a bunch!

>Why should I play this again and not just a bard?

Because nobody is forcing you to...?
I don't even consider this class a bard. He doesn't have the class features or the abilities distinctive of a bard.

If anything else, the Empyrius can be somewhat described as a hybrid of the Tactician and Vitalist from DSP.

All in a tier 4 package with no utility!

I will not deny that. Thanks for the input, I should actually include some utility based quintessence powers.

>skinwalkers can be from any base race

What would a kitsune witchwolf look like?

Minor accouncement:
With Fool's Errand playtest officially closed, I've added the existing version of it to the complete maneuver spreadsheet.
Also added nice colours everywhere.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hYrnghrSe7kMOko-aNiS0HTVlSJnUBkvHD2dmg0omGY/edit?usp=drive_web

Hidden Priest/Evangelist Cleric of Lamashtu. She successfully pretends to be a bard.

Superior selkie coming through!

I've got a character that's gotten all 8 levels of DSP's succubus monster class, is a worshiper of Arshea (Celestial Obedience for those late-game boons like Cha as armor bonus), and is specializing in the Mind sphere with her first level of Incanter.

So I just realized something kind of neat. In PF's timeline each year our time the golarion timeline advances 1 year. In Reign of Winter in 2013 it was 1918 on earth.

Which means at the beginning of Strange Aeons, now, it's 1921. It involved H.P. Lovecraft, and how the timeline links up the AP begins just after H.P. lovecraft lost his mother, who died during surgery in a mental institution. Apparently this fucked him up badly as she wrote letters to him constantly.

I hope that gets tied into Stange Aeons.

/kitsunefinder general/

>when you feel your game slipping and know its only a matter of weeks before it dies, if not days

I do not trust paizo to do horror well

Paizo's content seems horrifying enough.

Are you the DM, or a player?

Looking it up, there are 3 PC races with the 'shape change' ability, and two of them (Kitsune/Reptoid) have the exact same thing, while skinwalkers have a different version of this.

I am sorely tempted to make an archetype for shape changers, since a lot this week the question of 'what about kitsune/skinwalker vigilantes' has come up.

I'm not promising anything, but this is a project that I believe should be explored.

Can you describe what you mean without reference to more games? I haven't played those, sorry.

There's very few mechanics, and those that exist are very strictly defined. There's no rule flexibility, because the rules assume that anything that isn't covered in the rules, you'll just make the fuck up.

So what is better?

Spending 4 feats to get really good dirty tricks.

Or one feat that, if I hit with 4 attacks of my 6 attack full attack, I force a DC 52 fort save against daze for 1d4 rounds?

The latter will likely come up more often, assuming you've got the accuracy to back up those 6 attacks. Does this theoretical guy have pounce?

I went through all of the DSP archetypes for Paizo classes and figured out which of the Paizo archetypes they were compatible with. I'm also going to highlight a few archetype combos that might be interesting

docs.google.com/document/d/1ys9ZDJXvCqVJylDY7-fLJdqkCwLRCr3dJ6fk96EOwd0/edit

>Lore Warden/Martial Master/Myrmidon
>Objectively the most versatile fighter archetype combos.

>Mooncursed/Primal Disciple
>Be a very angry furry

>Hidden Blade/Eldritch Scoundrel
>6/9 initiating AND 6/9 casting OP pls nerf

>Drunken Master/Quinggong Monk/Monk of the Silver Fist
>You're basically Jackie Chan

>Shield Champion Brawler/Contender
>Captain America if you take Iron Tortoise, Broken Blade, and Fool's Errand

>Hidden Blade/Eldritch Scoundrel
>6/9 initiating AND 6/9 casting OP pls nerf

Hold up - Both archetypes remove the rogue talents at 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th

is that shit legal?

No he does not. He generally opens by teleporting next to the enemy and looking scary.

The thing is he can replace one attack from a full attack with a dirty trick, he needs to make a full round action attack to do the DC 52 daze. Nothing is passing that daze.

Eldritch Scoundrel

>At 4th level and every 4 levels thereafter, the eldritch scoundrel gains a rogue or ninja talent for which she meets the prerequisites (treating her rogue level as her ninja level). If a talent requires her to expend points from her ki pool, she can instead expend a spell slot with a spell level equal to the number of ki points she would normally expend. If a talent functions only if she has ki in her ki pool, it functions as long as she still has a spell of 1st level or higher prepared. At 12th level, she can select an advanced talent in place of a rogue talent.

>This modifies the normal rogue talent progression and advanced talent.

Hidden Blade

>This ability replaces the rogue talents gained at 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th and 20th levels. This ability does not cause the hidden blade archetype to be incompatible with other archetypes that alter the rogue talents class feature, so long as it still has a rogue talent at each of these levels to give up.

Yes, yes it is. It's just that you don't get ANY rogue talents at all.

>you don't get ANY rogue talents at all.

Well that is shit then.

Assuming he can't have both the Daze and the Dirty Trick, I'd still go for the Daze effect. Higher DC, more devastating effect. Doesn't present as many options as the Dirty Trick, but it'll take someone out of the fight more easily (assuming you can get that full-attack in).