>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

The one jump you wish had a fanfic universe drawback, what is it and what would you jump instead?

Pic mostly unrelated

Harry Potter, HPMoR.

Because I want to fuck with Elizier Potter.

Sburb. I would go Sburb Glitch FAQ because the reset dynamic seems pretty neat to me. Ten Years of New Game Plus.

What's the most Satanic jump?

Guys, would being a Twilight vampire be enough to keep the Global Elite ranking in Counter-Strike?

>inb4 going to Twilight willingly

Probably, yeah.

Define Satanic? Is it one where he takes a big role in how things play out, is it one where there's much Satanic imagery, is it one where you're trying to be some sort of diabolic edgelord?

Yes. You can do it with just the perks in the jump if you're good with strategy and teamwork. If you have any skill at all being a twilight vamp would utterly destroy any semblance of balance.
You're nearly bullet proof and can move faster than cars. There's not really anything in jump that could stop you if you tried. Maybe if you take too long disarming a bomb you let get planted because you felt like gloating?

>is it one where there's much Satanic imagery
yes

Doom, DOOM, In Nomine.
Or just Hatred for the underlying motif.

So what are some good perks that prevent overdose from drugs?
I'm thinking of doing something very stupid.

Generic Western Jump.

Thanks. That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

What do you need it for?

Does it also prevent addiction?

Not really a fanfic drawback, but I wish Skyrim a mod drawback. There are a ton of quest, appearance, item and spell mods I'd love to see included in the jump.

Enderal would be cool.

I would actually prefer it as it's own jump.

To abuse the hell out of Melange mostly.
Sorry if that's not quite as exiting as you were expecting.

Ocato's Recital is best girl!

Undertale. There are some interesting A.U.s out there, like Storyshift or Monster Frisk that I'd love to see in action and interact with.

Same with Nehrim.

You could probably do it as a supplement or something. Of course, it'd all be spoilers.

Are you sure that's a good idea?

Worm, so I could go to Seed. It a AU setting where the biggest change is Simurgh attacking Boston years before canon, Nilbog attacking a bigger city, Butcher causing a event called Bloody Tuesday which nearly drove Brockton Bay insane, and Taylor ending up with Blasto power.

Thomas is nowhere near as threatening as Macho Madness.

Who?

That be there a drawback, user.

The main character who's supposed to be Harry Potter, but is totally not a self-insert Mary Sue guise.

The fact that you can't access mods in either of the TES jumps is heretical. You could price mods by the power they'd give comparatively from those in the jump and anything not lore friendly could come with an additional cost. Could give a listed item or power in the jump and then pick a well known mod to compare it to. A supplement could be made for both rather than just hacking apart either them to accommodate the idea.

Oooooh.

Okay.

Would Ozai's comet boosted level of fire bending be possible as a fire bender with bending genius?

Bending Genius is more like Azula's level. It's superior to her since it's supposed to be like, Toph or Bumi level, but she's the best firebender we see so she's your only example. Somewhere above her but below Avatar Roku.

No.

If you hadn't noticed, some of the people firebending like that, INCLUDING OZAI, were genius firebenders.

Did Korra ever get that update removing the restriction on learning Lava Bending?

>three spells autocast with no charge
>every single battle
Jesus fuck.

Honestly it's a pretty rare mod(that isn't intentionally meant as a cheat) that makes things you could use more powerful. I know a lot of the magic overhauls do make magic a lot more powerful, but they usually make it more balanced, and don't come close to some of the lore for what's actually possible. Most of the really powerful mods that aren't cheats, and are lore friendly, are also incredibly difficult quest mods that are really just giving you the tools to finish the quest without resorting to gamebreaking combos.

The problem with lore-friendly mods in the context of jumpchain is that, considering the jump is based on the world and not the game, there is nothing at all stopping you from getting that shit. You don't need a mod to visit Elesweyr, or the moons, or get the Eltonbrand or anything.

What update?

>considering the jump is based on the world and not the game

Wait, really? So those "Master of [School]" perks are actually kind of ridiculous, then.

KOTOR and everyone else learned about new setting information that showed Lava Bending isn't genetic, so he was going to update it to remove that restriction.

Yes.

neat, larval bending a go

You still have to learn it and it is by far the most difficult form of bending to learn, other than perhaps psychic/moonless bloodbending.

Better than never being able to do it though.

Speaking of TES, what role do you play in the Jump? Are you a part of the Godhead's Dream of reality, or are you just an inexplicable outside influence made of pure fiat?

Eh a lot of lore-friendly mods aren't adding things in that are in the lore so much as adding in things that aren't out of place for the setting. Like seriously look at the Nexus, on browse files, and make sure that Not lore-friendly isn't checked. There are a shitload of mods left, hell there are 15 pages of new dungeon mods left, that mostly don't exist in the lore(I know some of them actually sort of do but most don't), and then 23 pages of quests, of varying levels if that stuff would actually exist in setting without the mod.

So, how should the origins in a jump based on digimon world dusk/dawn work?

In regular digimon, they basically determine how you digimon, but I can't do that to dwd/d because they're all tamers.

I could base them on the digimon types, attacker, defense, balance, and... Support? Can't remember them all right now, I'll need to find my copy of the game.

It is a mystery.

Why, of all the bending arts, is bloodbending (which is difficult in its own right) the only one that can be used psychically? The closest thing anyone else comes is Bumi with his face-bending.

Types seems like your only bet other than the dusk/dawn split.

Hmmm... Two major perk trees (1/2/4/6/8(?)), and eight smaller ones (1/2)?

I think Bumi was using psychic bending then, the face nonsense was just his usual crazy talk.

I don't think it's the only only one. Other forms of water bending should work, and as you said, earth bending works. Air bending should work too, the only reason we don't see it is because the characters are never separated from but close to air and thus they never need to do it. Fire bending is the only one where it's questionable, because fire bending comes from your own breath and not the manipulation of outside material.

Assuming you're making a jump I request an option to be the digimon. Even if it's a drawback.
The Digimon jump we already have is sorely lacking in this regard because even though it has frontier stuff it's not the same

>8
Only if you really have that much material, mang.

Actually fire benders draw power from the sun; that is why they are weaker at night, lose their powers during an eclipse, and get stronger when there is a closer celestial body of fire (the comet).

It's not as limited as you think. Check out the wiki, most of the spirits or the sins from the sin cards are connected to tons and tons of Digimon, with careful purchase you can get almost anything through digi and dedigi evolution.

Through their breathing. They're not calling down fire from the sun, they'd be way cooler if they were.

So, looking at the Soul Eater Witch capstone, uh...what the hell is a demon weapon? A person that turns into a weapon? A weapon that turns into a person? What, do we create some kind of homunculus version or something? Do we turn people into demon weapons? Do we turn weapons into people?! I don't get it.

What if you can carry the sun with you?

So it's like Hamon?

Is there a way to import the Dahak as a mech?

>So it's like Hamon?
Indeed it is. It's a more firey hamon.

SupCom.

I have zero problems with letting you switch places with a digimon. Maybe you could pick up the canon protagonist that way?

That's why there was a question mark. Though in retrospect, basing the origins on digimon elemental types is subpar. Maybe offense/defense/support?

They're people who have genetics that give them the power to turn into weapons. The first ones were made by fusing humans with artifacts magically. That's what you can do.

But anyway. Demon Tools are these artifacts. They're basically enchanted equipment along those veins.

You could have a tree about regular World DS stuff. Maybe one for Lost Evo, if your moorunes are good enough.

Oh, and maybe some Championship as well.

Ah, I see. So we can create Demon Tools, normal enchanted stuff, including weapons, and then fuse them with a person to create a Demon Weapon. I see, thanks user.

A Witch's soul is also a requirement as a bonding agent. It's because of their transformative powers though, so anything else like that is a good substitute. Like you could just breed and genocide Dittos for it.

Why is Soul Eater considered so dangerous?

Madness-inducement is very common, so if you don't have protection it can screw with your brain and corrupt technology.

You mean the demon tools? It's basically all enchanted objects that do varying levels of stuff. At the top end are the Book of Eibon and "BREW", the book can seemingly store a huge amount of stuff/creatures, and summon it at a moments notice, while also granting anyone that uses it the knowledge it contains. The book can also act on it's own, seemingly creating a person to act as it wills, among other things(like being inside the book and in the first chapter causes people to swap genders). "BREW" on the other hand can enhance the soul of anyone using it, cause things to develop or evolve faster, and absorb and combine two things into one.
I don't think that's actually how it works, I don't think how demon weapons were made was ever actually explained completely, and the perk Uplift, doesn't mention demon weapons, only demon tools.
Going completely insane is a loss condition, and there are several gods there, of whom are all powered by some form of insanity or another, of which they exude constantly affecting people around them. The god of Fear being the worst because he doesn't even try to hold back, and if he gets the chance will actively try to drive everyone in the world completely insane.

Would there also be a a way to shrink the exterior (but keep the interior the same size, making it bigger on the inside) and adjust its gravity well, so it doesn't completely destroy whatever planet it's near just by being there?

It actually is explained. Eibon and Death discovered the process, decided it was inhumane, and scrapped it. Arachnie spied on them and then started cranking them out, combing Demon Tools with human souls using sacrificed witch souls, until she was killed the first time around.

Then her victims spread their genes around and there you go.

The BBEG is referred to as a Great Old One that is also immortal so long as fear exists.

Huh, all I could recall was that a witch's soul was needed to make one, and that the process was thought of as inhuman.

>so it doesn't completely destroy whatever planet it's near just by being there?

Asgerds already have that technology built-in.

That reminds me - I have to jump Zerg before going to Worm, and then pick up a dimension-hopping power.

All those shards, sitting innocently in isolated alternate dimensions. It would be a shame if something...happened to them.

Probably Harry Potter. There's a lot of fun fanfiction for it.

So, uh... Would anti-psionics help? How about something like Incomprehensible or that eldritch knowledge perk from Alan Wake?

Feed them Fel Energy.

So would a stand get stronger with boosts to your soul, like a Human SOUL or a Heart God Tier?

Your Pokemon team?

Outside of the pylons from Asura's Wrath, what ways are there to gain power from worship/adoration?

Eh, maybe? As far as I recall, the only beings that could withstand Asura's direct presence were A. his younger brother, a grim reaper, and a new Great Old One, B. the world's strongest man who had already been boosted by another Great Old One, and C. a girl who's soul wavelength literally counters madness just by existing. And even they were having trouble, aside from the fact that Asura was handing them their asses on a silver platter.

Hyperdimension Neptunia's hard drive divinity is a big one, There's also Okami brush gods kind of.
Just off the top of my head.

Oh, and of course the other Great Old Ones shrugged off his Madness. Lord Death himself kicked the shit out of Asura centuries ago, skinned him alive, and trapped him in a sack made out of said skin.

The Grim Reaper did not fuck around.

>anti-psionics
Nope, everything is soul based in soul eater.
>eldritch knowledge
It's a pervasive effect of their soul's wavelength affecting other souls, not dangerous knowledge, though that perk might make your more resistant to Eibon's madness but his madness(of knowledge) isn't that big of a problem anyway.
>Incomprehensible
Likely the best of the group, but one of the problems is that a lot of the madness in soul eater is of the empowering sort, so people are inclined to let it in, which Incomprehensible would not help against.

General willpower perks though are actually pretty good for managing madness in soul eater.
He also drained Asura of his blood.

the necklace reward

You're best bet to solve the madness problem is by buying Anti-madness wavelength in the jump.
It's expensive even with a discount, but it's so so worth it even once you're done with the place.

Ah, so maybe something like an AT Field or Power of Dominance?

Mom!?

That too, along with placing several seals and building an entire city on top of his prison. Let it never be said that the Grim Reaper isn't through when he imprisons someone.

Power of Dominance only protects against direct attacks and attempts to steal your soul though, doesn't it? Madness is more like the Dark Side, it corrupts you from within. A.T. Fields...not sure. Problem with that is that it's based off of your will, your ego, all that junk. Madness corrodes that stuff, twisting and mangling it into a horrific mess. That one guy, Justin, I think? Went from a faithful follower of Lord Death and kind man to a deranged, bloodthirsty servant of Asura. Something like Undertale's SAVE the WORLD will probably serve you better, as it explicitly protects you from corruption and mind control.

Primal Rage has that just for taking the jump. Binbougami lets you turn faith into fortune energy if you manage to become a god as well.
Touhou youkai might be able to do it too depending on how you interpret gods working in setting. Not reccomended though as gods need prayer badly.

I don't know about the AT Field, but my NGE knowledge isn't that good anyway. Power of Dominance would negate the pervasive effect of madness though, but likely not the effects of madness from anyone that you intentionally resonate your soul with. Then it's just down to not giving in to your own inner madness for power which is something which all of the main characters do at one point or another, side characters though it's only like half of them that do that. Though you do, as the jump notes, have to become an absolute lunatic with no hope of redemption, for that fail condition to kick in, which only a few characters suffer.
Power of Dominance is more along the lines of no one gets to fuck with your soul if you don't let them, soul based corruption isn't allowed any more than attacks. Though Marvel has stated in the past that if you say, eat someone's soul, they get past that protection as eating their soul is giving them direct access to yours. This would mean however that in soul eater your soul would not be protected if you intentionally resonate with someone, as that is giving them permission to affect your soul.

Wild_Card has described PoD as a completely indomitable soul-fortress that nothing can breach unless you let it. But if you "step outside" (as in Metaphysical Biology) or let someone in (consuming an Antediluvian's soul), they can get past those defenses and into your soul-safespace.

Taking the Populous jump allows you to convert worship into additional mana.

So, assuming that I have PoD and never intend to resonate with anyone, is it significantly less dangerous? What else do I need to worry about?