Infinity General: Caturday Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where African catgril doctors are the best.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wikis:
wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>Faction colour scheme creator here:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61395031/Infinity/index.html

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CtYLtCEv4_M
army.infinitythegame.com/index.html?l=GwBgLAPgTCIRBGEBSAHAhyDMDgHZkBCKTVKKbBVA408y6o0kCnBG51jDtFyjJry4IArETC8xOLBUIIAnGhgMxxCmSwNUyAAL0NW3TqA=]Open
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So Infinity bros tell me what are your favourite weapons in this game design-wise.

For me, it's got to be the YJ HMG (pic related): sleek, elegant, functional design, looks imposing without being cheesy. An all-around nice gun to look at at the table imo.

Honorable mentions: Nomads combirifle, a little goofy but nice rounded lines, a more classic futuristic approach of "looks over function".
Also the ALEPH combirifle, idk why I like it so much, it's just an elegant no-frills gun, nice proportions.

So what about you?

Haqq rifles and pistols

Fuck yeah running around with some kind of space AK and deagle

I'm a big fan of the Haqq spitfire. Something about the cylindrical design for the body of the gun does it for me. The CA SML is also pretty sweet looking. In fact, it's what I use for a stand-in on my Q-Drone w/ plasma rifle because it looks so cool.

I honestly don't really like any Infinity guns. Except maybe Ariadnan heavy pistols.
But I like Chimera's chain thing and Bandit's machete.

Morat autocannon. Form follows function and the function is murder. Pity it's attached to such a meh unit.

Dunno, most current designs are at least passable. My personal favorite is probably Aleph combi. It's futuristic, but looks functional.

Let me return the question. What is your least favourite weapon in the game, present or past. Hard mode: no old PanO combi

Old Nomad combi. Though I'm not so keen on current Nomad guns, at least they're not an eyesore.
Not to mention how BIG they were and made this Moderator's arm fall off constantly.

Though when they reduced their size for a time (vortex, Riot grrlz), people bitched even more. Those pipes seemed pretty fragile, though my own minis never suffered from that.

Although old Nomad Combi is probably not as bad as old Nomad HMG.
I have the old HMG Hellcat model. I dread putting it together.

Infinity? More like fapfinity!

-The minis look like fetish cosplay models, not soldiers.
-The rules encourage you to take a few elite dudes and a bunchn of cheerleaders that give them orders
-Factions are a joke, very little visual difference even between human and alien factions, seriously some Tohaa minis wouldn't look out of place among Nomads.
-Setting has less depth than... well any other mini wargame setting.

Did the AoS General die again?

Probably the new Unidron special weapons. Is it a combi? A carbine? A spitfire? Who the fuck knows!

Dude, last thread we had a /pol/ infestation, people want to rest, try another day when we'll care.

Mediocre fapfinity post. I'd rate it 4/10. You're addressing too many things with just short dot points. The one from a few threads ago was much better.

Remember /pol/ is a board of peace, we can pleasantly coexist in the same thread!

>What is your least favourite weapon in the game
This fucking thing right there. Sculptor must have been on some dank shit when he came up with this design.

Ariadnan Autocannon. God it's ugly.

I reckon it would have made a decent panzerfaust. Shit as a heavy rocket launcher though, and that telescoping bit will always look silly.

Do you guys like my Onyx theme? I need affirmation from online strangers, my crushed sense of self needs it.

/pol/ should build a big, beautiful wall around itself and stay there.

Are they black or grey? Hard to tell if grey or overexposed photo.
But cool.

Grey, with a terrible camera being a nice bonus. Thanks.

I quite like it. The contrast between the dudes and the weapons is interesting, and it works better than I would have expected.
The Unidron's gun looks like it could use more gold. Monochrome guns work if it's something that doesn't stand out like grey or black, but that red is very vibrant so it could do with a nice secondary colour to offset it, and since you seem to have decided on gold for the Xeodron you might as well do the same for the Unidron.

I'm really digging the color choices of the bodies and armors though I'm not sold on the fiery red weapons, personally I'd tone it down a bit. Also careful with some of those heavy-handed line highlights.
Some OSL on the eyes and choice spots around the body would really bring forth the oomph factor, expecially on the xeodron. All in all nice work tho.

And when I say I'm digging it I mean you made me doubt the color scheme I chose for my upcoming YJ force, and now I'm strongly considering purple/grey/turquoise. So both thank you and fuck you, I guess.

Old YJ HMG

Overall they look really cool. I think the blue skin worked out great. You might consider adding something to the armor though. While I think the purple and grey look good, a 3rd color (or even a different shade of purple or grey) on a couple of the plates might look good.

Stupid question, every official Red Veil pic shows the Hsien with downward-pointing "fins" but the in the dossier the fins point upwards, how are you guys doing it? After seeing the actual model I have a feeling the dossier is the intended way.

Also, C&C on this list? On paper I'm liking it, gotta try it my next game.

ISS Hsien Kitty
─────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 / 4
HSIEN Lieutenant HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 61)
SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
KǍNRÈN Forward Observer Boarding Shotgun, Chain-colt / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 26)
SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

GROUP 23
NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
HÙSÒNG Yaókòng HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 299 Points

It's intended to go either way. I glued mine up, because it looks more aggressive.

>Shang Ji, old Wu Mings, Yuriko, Gui Feng, every single YJ model with that type of fins has them pointing downwards
>guys I have a feeling upwards might be the intended way

New Nomad Combi.Old one at least looked like a rifle.

Meanwhile, old hsien and current official dossier has them pointing upwards. And if you had the models in your hands you'd see the nooks in his back are slightly asymmetric (one side straight, the other curved) and suggest the fins going up, even if they can easily be adjusted in both positions.

they could probaly get the other boards to pay for it too!

Damn, son. That's gorgeous!
Is this the year of the haqq?

Not bad. But I wish they'd stop with the tactical rocks.

YJ MSR. Looks like a nerf gun.

Yeah, but in this case the raised leg really flows nicely with the rest of the miniature

Kawaii Micropig

I wish that was in the starter instead of the sniper chick.

The sculptor himself has them pointing upwards in his renders shown on art station. Upwards is the intended position.

thanks for reposting these bud

That new Haqqislam marksman rifle is my current favorite. I also realli dig Heavy Pistols, YJ's Red Fury, and Hector's Plasma Rifle (even though there's no actual piece for it.

Though I really like the design, I dont like Aleph MSR. The barrel is so flimsy, that I'm really worried about Atalanta. Also dont like the new PanO Spitfire. The old one still looks a lot better.

New PanO HMG. Love that shit. Old PanO spit comes a close second

Old AND new PanO boarding shotguns. We went from some pvc pipes glued togueter to "just slap a grip on a combi"

Is there a good repository for all of these dossier pages somewhere?

I'm very fond of Chain Rifles. They look good, can have segmented colors looking naturally, are on bargain units, and can be painted nicely.

So far so good. Acceptable and commendable as is. I might have gone with some orange guns instead of red as those contrast with blue and purple better.

Overall, they seem decent, but to me what would make them would be some cool markings. Think like Tau Sept markings or the weird designs star scream had in Transformers. I'd do that in like an orange over the black or purple armour. I think it'd be sweet. Then again, I'm super obsessed with freehand on everything so it may just be me.

+1 for not being a fan of the old Yu Jing HMG

google "infinity stuffies"

Pretty halal.

The old Pan-O spitfire, one of the few more 'advanced' guns which doesn't look rediculously over engineered.

Least favorite is the old Nomad HMG.

Thank you, that's the kind of definitive answer I was looking for. I guess someone at CB had messed up building their display model but they decided to run with it anyway.

Hey HEY, dont talk shit to her like that, she's already good as she is.

So, can anybody tell me what makes Kaplans such a good choice for the core link in QK? When I see them compared to Riot Girl or Rodok links, their cost seems somehow unjustified.

Nope, it was a decision made once the model had been delivered. I spoke to the Sculptor about it on facebook. He still prefers them pointing up but was overruled.

HVT WIP. Still fixing up the basing/feet as some sand fell off and I plan to put some snow.

>Rodoks and Riot Grrls vs KTS
I dont know why the KTS are being compared with 2 totally different units. KTS are closer to Wildcats/Bolts IMO. Mimetism is always super useful especially with MSR and Spitfire. KTS are far more of a toolbox unit than Rodoks and Grrls; Theyre ready to take on multiple unit types (ADHL or Blitzens for HI and TAGs and Combi for Lighter troopers. Spitfire for midrange. MSR for long). The unit can also accomplish ITS objectives and/or multiple Classifieds. As far as I know the only fireteams more ready are Muyibs, Wildcats, and maybe Thorakitai

Probably because down is consistent with all of the other YJ fins.

Officially the most JoJo Infinity mini.
>يا للعجب

It's funny how figures you've painted before inspire you later. Anyways, I've painted the Tactical Bow Ninja from Red Veil. One of the few resculpts I don't quite like. I feel in their trying to add more details they've lost what made the design look good. Didn't know what to do with the helmet and overall colors to make her match my other ninjas, as she almost looks nearly completely different. I couldn't do the blue (instead of green) shirts as I've done before as that would've looked strange., and I didn't like the orange I saw in the official scheme, and it had too much black. So I compromised a bit, painting her more like how I painted Saito Togan than how I painted my first ninjas.

I just wish she wasn't left handed.

I think it looks okay. You might want to revisit the helmet. The silver part looks a little odd and the bottom left eye/lens doesn't look as bright as the others. I think the color scheme works pretty well overall. Also the bow and undersuit came out really nice.

I got the Onyx box and holy crap do I hate Rodok heads.

I have early onset Parkinson's so really tiny stuff is sometimes difficult for me.

>I have early onset Parkinson's
Having this while being a wargames fan must be hell.

You learn to work with the shakes but some finger/hand/arm positions get the shakes going even more.

Like using chopsticks. I just toss whatever I pick up.

Fucking sweet.

Putting her arms on was an insane chore.

PanO modular weapons. The reversed magazines make me vomit in my mouth.
Hyperbole aside they are fugly as hell and should not work.

>no mask
she's shiiiiit

Tempted to start Haqq but can't stand Islam for its current attempts at destroying Europe

Why? Europe sucks.

Fuck them.

Neither could Haqq, that's why they've pissed off into space.

Literally kill yourself. You could have at least have had enough basic decency to reword it, but no. You just copied and pasted the same thing from last thread in an effort to derail this one the same way. This bait is so low quality that the fact you even bothered to post something so low quality is bait in and of itself.

Oh come on, we had the exact same bait last thread. At least think of something new to piss off people.

Tempted to start Haqq (specifically Hassassins), are they viable as first faction/sectorial, or will it be like pulling teeth until I learn the ropes? What are their signature units/links? I've already been told about the Fidays/Lasiqs, but apparently things got shaken up in the newest book and my meta isn't up to date so asking you guys. Wat do?

Muyibs are damn solid with a lot of options. Even a haris option if you want to run Govads or something.

They're alright for starting out, though the lack of MSV2 is a drawback. You've got good links with Muyibs and Govads, some good surprise attackers with Ragiks and Fidays, some very nice board control/ARO pieces as well as the absolute bullshit that is the new Ghazi. HSN3 was kind to Hassassins in general. Even the historically terrible Asawira are viable now, especially in a haris link with Muyibs.

>The reversed magazines make me vomit in my mouth.
Just as CB intended.

t. Mohammad islam

>This bait is so low quality that the fact you even bothered to post something so low quality is bait in and of itself.
aaand yet you took it anyway

yeah we're pretty awful to be fair

You have to be over 18 to post on this site, kid.

Yout feeble Ariadna level tech just cannot comprehed the superiority of PanO mags.

Well yeah. The bait was terrible, but the meta-bait within that was pretty decent.

Tempted to start USAriadna but can't stand America for its current attempts at destroying Europe

Tempted to start Morats but can't stand Britain for its current attempts at destroying Europe.

Muyibs and Govads are your main links and supposedly Muyibs do everything.
You've got Fiday shenanigans and a lot of fun specialized units, like Ragiks or Ayyar.
Hassassin Bahram is not as hard to play as it used to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=CtYLtCEv4_M

Tempted to post about the game but can't stand the bait for its current attempt at destroying the thread.

>goddamn spanish at first made me think i had the video on x1.5 speed

That is a nice table/storage unit. I am planning on doing a ghetto version where I cannibalize a dresser.

Love modular terrain and that is some gorgeous work.

Tactical stair, fool. Check your PanO privilege.

>Never care to do Rodok links in Onyx
>Just use them as easy Nexus proxies

Though when will we see anything about Nexus Operatives? It's common for my locals to play 200pts since not everyone is experienced enough and trying to draw in more people and it's a pain to use anything other than Nexus Lts and such at that level.

Can try something like this. Though it doesn't use Operatives or Rodoks.

Onyx Contact Force
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10
XEODRON MULTI Rifle, Blitzen / Heavy Pistol. (0.5 | 58)
IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
UNIDRON (Forward Observer) Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
UNIDRON (Forward Observer) Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
UNIDRON Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 14)
UNIDRON Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
NOCTIFER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 24)
E-DRONE Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 28)
ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)

GROUP 21
ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)

3.5 SWC | 200 Points

[url=army.infinitythegame.com/index.html?l=GwBgLAPgTCIRBGEBSAHAhyDMDgHZkBCKTVKKbBVA408y6o0kCnBG51jDtFyjJry4IArETC8xOLBUIIAnGhgMxxCmSwNUyAAL0NW3TqA=]Open in Infinity Army

I believe AI beacons can't be moved between combat groups (due to it being equipment not troop) so that last Imetron is pretty much useless.

Surprisingly, I had less trouble putting the arms with her than a random male Zhanshi from the set.

Would you mind if I use an out of print Tiger soldier as a Guilang?

Is there a new book coming out?

It's listed as a Support Troop. I don't see it should not be able to be swapped around. The AI beacon on the unit is the equipment.

That's from the upcoming kickstarted RPG.