Nobledark 40k

Bjorn has escaped again edition

Continuing on from the thread
And the speculation of what the Imperium would look like if it went all Last Alliance of Men and Elves.

With a more reasonable Emperor would it be okay to have him not go Full Fedora?

Could be that his rules on religion could be

No Chaos.
No militarized religious.
NO WORSHIPING ME! (veneration and sainthood accepted under sufferance)

because that worked so well for him the first time around

This time he isn't just setting a thing going and standing back and doing nothing as it crashes and burns because reasons.

This time he is Steward before the Empty Throne of Earth and accepts the title of Emperor only after the Goge Vandire thing. This time he is hands on and attentive.

Okay, so the entity we think of as the Emperor only takes the throne after the Goge Vandire thing. Before that, he's a Steward.

So what happened in the 30k era?

Was the semidivine being known as the original Emperor killed, and the "Steward" his heir/apprentice who didn't think himself worthy for the throne? Or is the "Steward" the semidivine being who reunited Earth and launched the Great Crusade, but didn't want to take the throne?

If that's the case, why doesn't he? Does he believe some kind of greater being will come along, that he is merely there to recognise (John the Baptist style?) or does he believe that he is too flawed to be given that ultimate power, that a truly holy person will come along?

Be interesting if Isha was betrothed to the Emperor but not married (because there wasn't one) until said Steward took it up.

>Or is the "Steward" the semidivine being who reunited Earth and launched the Great Crusade, but didn't want to take the throne?
>does he believe that he is too flawed to be given that ultimate power, that a truly holy person will come alo

I'd like to think these were the circumstances regarding the being we currently know as the Emperor.

Now, so that this topic doesn't die, I'd like to suggest something regarding the Tau, since the previous thread seemed to indicate a more xeno-friendly Imperium- at least, friendly towards those xenos willing to recognize the Emperor as a divine figure and accept the Imperium's laws. I don't see the Tau philosophy of the Greater Good being inimical to those aims- if anything, the philosophy of working in your divinely assigned place for the greater good of all could make the Tau one of the most easily-integrated xenos species the new Imperium's ever encountered.

However, while the Imperium (and maybe even the Mechanicus) might see the Tau's philosophy and technology as a godsend, the Tau might come to rethink their good firtune once the honeymoon period is over. (cont)

The way I see it

>mid M29 a being known as The Warlord starts conquest of Old Earth. Uses diplomacy when he can, uses his Legion when he can't.
>M30 Old Earth is united under the twin lightning bolts of The Warlord.
>Warlord sets up an administrative council to look after the day to day affairs and then Builds a big impressive looking throne.
>People expect him to ascend the steps to the Throne and rule as he conquered, hard but fair.
>Sets up comfy padded reclining chair and desk combo at bottom of steps. Demands that all Lords of Earth swear allegiance to the Empty Throne of Earth. Changes his name to Steward. Waiting for someone worthy to lead. Someone not him.
>Steward of Earth then orchestrates the amalgamation of the rest of the Sol system with as few wars as possible
>Thunder Warriors aren't aging well, refinement of process turns the newer generations closer and closer to the Astartes we know and love.
>Sol unified, although with Mars it was more of a partnership than a conquest.
>Warp instability is slackening off a bit at last.
>Looks out to rest of galaxy.
>Gets in contact with Eldred Ulthuran, both hatch a plan to rescue Isha to strengthen mortal hands at the expense of Chaos.
>Provides best warriors of the fledgling Imperium to the task and leads the charge himself.
>Isha and the "most worthy of humanity" have to be wed to formalize the alliance. Steward steps into the role on the understanding that he will be swapped out if/when an Emperor turns up.
>Because of the theft of Isha the Steward earns the eternal hate of Chaos.
>Time passes Imperium grows and then Goge Vandire turns up.
>Steward steps down for Vandire believing his long wait is finally over, hands over his bride as the alliance demands and retires to some nowhere place for the next 200 years.
>Vandire goes nuts.
>Steward gets dragged along in Sebastian Thor's rebellion.
>Afterwards Sebastian bullies Steward into becoming Emperor and there was much rejoicing.

With the Tau joining the Imperium, they would find themselves fighting alongside Imperial forces, which the Ethereal caste would likely agree to, seeing it as an opportunity to spread the Greater Good to more and more worlds.

Thing is, while in 'default' 40K the Tau are insulated from the horrors of the galaxy by their small size and the Imperium's preoccupation with other enemies, here the Fire Caste and their assigned Ethereals find themselves flung straight into the maws of Daemons, Tyranids, Necrons and various sundry other monsters. As the ruling caste of the Tau, it's quite possible that said Ethereals find themselves privy to many of the galaxy's secrets, especially if they find themselves working alongside Eldar Farseers and Imperial Inquisitors.

The result? A battle-hardened, possibly somewhat insane group of Ethereals who are becoming increasingly vocal in their requests to the home Empire about either isolating themselves totally or increasing their involvement to the point of total war, where every resource is turned to the purpose of fighting off enemies too terrible to comprehend.

In this iteration of the 40K verse, Commander Farsight might not be a rebel at all, but a fanatical loyalist to the Empire. Whether or not his Ethereal is dead, I like to think that Farsight himself feels incredibly frustrated that the Empire doesn't seem to be taking this whole grimdark universe as seriously as it needs to be.

Good, but needs more Chaos.

Maybe not exactly in 30k era, but at some point Chaos has to strike back for the theft of Isha.

That's why I like the "original Emperor dies, Steward refuses the throne" idea.

Alternatively, something could happen with the primarchs, if they exist in this verse.

Also, how do the DEldar react to the human-Eldar alliance?

Let's go back to the sons of isha idea

Or Farsight has gone Full Traditionalist.

He sees the increased militarization of the Eternal Empire as an attack no less long term devastating to his people and notions of the Greater Good than the Chaos itself.

He Champions the Ethereals who remain true to the old ways.
"Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon" - Farsight 804M41. Rebuilding after the 5th Great War of that war blighted hive world.

Shadowsun Champions the Reformists who are all for adaption of their ideals in the face of the galactic shit storm.

It's worth noting that Farshight has mostly had to deal with Chaos whereas Shadowsun has mostly dealt with Tyranid.

>Also, how do the DEldar react to the human-Eldar alliance?
Depends on how noblebright you want them to be, I guess.That said, even if we go full bright on this, I think they would still be Team Imperium's token evil hero. They way I see it, they'd still require the sacrifice of thousands, even millions of slaves to sustain themselves, but they'd be able to do it via legal, even sanctioned channels this time. Basically, they'd ask for a million prisoners from a penal colony in exchange for raiding Ork lines or supplementing an assault, that sort of thing. Mercs paid in bodies instead of currency, but Imperial media (influenced by high-ranking members of both the Inquisition and Farseer Councils) would simply present the DEldar as simply luxury-loving spoiled children who just need armies of servants to do everything for them. Think a whole race of Paris Hiltons with shard guns and you'd have the basic idea; they're people no good Imperial citizen would want to follow, but hey, not even the Eldar are perfect.

However, we can also go full grimdark, in which case they've gone full Chaos in all but faith. They still don't have psykers or anything of the sort (so they're not full Chaos Eldar), but they've cut all ties with their parent species, whom they see as a race of bestiality-obsessed perverts at best, or subservient slaves who've forgotten their pride at worst. In this case, they might even make a point of raiding Eldar craftworlds instead of human worlds if they get the chance.

These ideas are cool too. Honestly, all we need to keep is the idea on an increasingly older Farsight (this time, his extended age comes from simple juvenat treatments instead of a Dawn Blade) being opposed to the Empire's ideals, while Shadowsun is their servant/catspaw.

I'd prefer the Dark Eldar to be more or less the same but perhaps dealing a bit more freely with the Crone World Eldar. Still no psychics allowed in the Dark City itself but what you do out of the webway is none of anyone's business.

I like the idea that the Blood Feud has devolved into open war. The Craftworlders and the Exodites are now seen as cattle like the humans they so love.

This time round it was the Imperil Navy that came to the aid of Iyanden rather than the Dark Eldar.

As far as the Craftworlder and Exodites car the Dark Eldar need to be exterminated as surely as the Crone Worlders. As far as the Craftworlders care the only difference between the Dark Eldar and the Crone Worlders is that the Crone Worlders are honest about having Chaos dick balls deep in their arse.

We want to be nobledark, not noblebright. The Dark eldar should be foes to both sides of the Alliance, just as the human Chaos forces are enemies to both.

Ultimately, it comes down to a choice. The Eldar and humans might not like each other sometimes, but they accept each others right to exist. They stand against foes - Chaos, Tyranids, Necrons, DEldar - who reject that utterly.

The other difference between this and regular 40k is that the current sotuation isnt acceptable to Chaos. In 40k, the victory of Chaos is inevitable, so who cares if they have to waot and savour it a bit?

Here, victory isnt inevitable and stalemate isnt acceptable - the Chaos Gods want to win because they know they can lose. It might not be likely, might be near impossible, but the Alliance has hope and will fight unto the end of time to hold onto that.

In the previous thread Primarch was a title given to the 20 commanders of the Space Marine Interstellar Legions.

They were trained to be primarchs rather than made.

Russ was from Scandinavia, Angron was a pit fighter from the Nord Afrik Enclaves, Logar was from the Yndonesic Bloc, Perty was previously part of the garrison force of Macedonia and surrounding land, Horus grew up in the Luna dock yards.

If we are going with Nobledark and a more reasonable Steward/Emperor then its entirely possible that none of the Primarchs fell to Chaos.

And the Great Chaos War was Crone World Eldar directing the orks of The Beast towards Terra. There were even Chaos Orks, rare as they are.

The final battle in the Imperial Palace was Steward vs Beast. Beast would have pounded the Emperor into a fine red paste were it not For Eldrad "Fuck your shit up" Ulthran and a salvaged multi-melta.

This was before the Space Marine project was as refined as it latter was and many suffered from the organ failures of the Thunder Warriors.

Angron, an actual Thunder Warrior with repair work done, was the first to die not long after the Beast War. He was the oldest Primarch and as such was an extremely flaws design. He went to sleep one night and his hearts just stopped beating.

Vulkan was the last to die aged 1,403. He never forgave the Eldar for the actions of the Crone Worlders in the Beast war. Died in battle against Doombreed.

>Died in battle against Doombreed.
No. That can't be all that happened.

Would it be acceptable to keep the past, but posit a new future?

It was during the 3rd Black Crusade as the once garden world of El'Phanor burned a to cinders and ash around him.

Vulkan was at the tip of the spear that met the Black Crusade coming the other way and met his equal and opposite in a head on collision.

They couldn't use the webway. The Dark Eldar were fagging it up with some arcane techno-sorcery and supply lines were being cut all across space by cursed ships of impossible design.

Cut off and isolate Vulkan and his vanguard marines made them bleed ten times a hundred and a hundred more again for every one of them that fell.

When they found Lord Vulkan's corpse it was on top of a mountain of the slain.

Is this replacing that Imperium Asunder thing?

Not so far as I know. I was just naming a 40k planet at random.

sorry didn't mean to link to you. just clicked your post to open the reply box

>Jaghatai Khan, lost in the webway, finally stumbles across the entrance to the Black Library
>The Eldar there do not attack, and one approaches "Prince of Man, your coming has been forseen"
>Eldrad left a final prophecy, not even a prophecy - a probability.
>Jaghatai walks the halls, and learns many secrets.
>Cegorach himself appears to Jaghatai, and strikes a bargain - one laughing god to another
>Jaghatai is returned to White Scars fortress-monastery, on Chogoris.
>Amongst much rejoicing, the returned Primarch calls the entire chapter together, and the nearest allies - Raven Wing, and Salamanders.
>He will lead them, one last time, into the Eye of Terror itself
>Joined by the entire 68th Delphic, the 1st White Crusade is launched
>They are joined by Eldar Farseers, Exodites, and almost all Harlequins
>Straight into the Eye, guided by the Farseers, by human psykers, by Librarians (and possibly with some small assistance from Tzeentch)
>They come to the Homeworld of Father Nurgle, to the Garden of his Palace, a great alliance of Eldar and Man, for one purpose and one purpose alone - to free the Mother of the Eldar, Isha

>Mortarion appears to block their way, and Jaghatai and Cegorach, as well as almost the entirety of the Harlequins, White Scars and Raven Wing stay to face him and his daemons. Their fate is unknown.
>Salamanders, 68th Delphic, Eldar Exodites, small remnants of White Scars and Salamanders, manage to escape, prize in tow
>Breaking free from the Eye, the Eldar celebrate, but Humanity weeps.
>Eldar maintain the bargain, granting humanity access to the Webway, and safe warp travel
>Isha goes further, and with the last of energy leaps across the void of space to Holy Terra
>Spends her remaining life force on reawakening the corpse for one day and one night, before dissipating back into the Warp
>On the Golden Throne, the Emperor of Man opens his eyes for the first time in 10000 years, and smiles. Had he forseen even this?
>Returned to his full strength, he commits a final act to seal the Great Alliance, and launches himself into the Eye
>Chaos Gods focused on Nurgles realm, Emperor is able to tear Slaanesh asunder. He claims for himself dominion over the souls of the Eldar
>His work done, his energy failing once again, the Lord of Light sinks back upon his throne, and closes his eyes.
>Custodes present swear they see the presence of a Lady in White, sitting at his side
>For a moment, every Human and Eldar feels their presence. The Lady and the Lord of Light.
>Some Eldar refuse to ally with filthy Monkeigh, now that their souls are free they will reclaim their birthright
>Dark Eldar grow even more fearless
>Some Space Marine chapters, Inquisitorial chapters, Adeptus Mechanicus refuse to accept the Xenos
>Despite this, the Great Alliance holds. Humanity and Eldar work together

>And on a distant world, a Harlequin begins to laugh

>In the grim darkness of the 41st millennia... there is hope

Given that the 40k setting has ten thousand years of Imperial history to play with It always annoyed me that GW tried to cram everything into 999M41 right up till the last minute.

It makes the story leading up seem rushed. Big tracts of nothing and then trying to cram it all in at the end.

Agreed, it would make more sense to me to have a detailed (well, as detailed as can be) 10000 year period so that players could fight at any period, if they so choose
Just look at how well received the Badab War was!

gut who wrote this.
gib ideas.

The Primarchs being chosen rather than made is good.

Were there tensions because one of them thought the Steward would choose them as Emperor? That could be a way for one of two Primarchs to fall to Chaos.

The Steward owing Eldrad his life is also excellent. Makes the alliance personal. I kind of like the idea that these two ancient, incredibly powerful psykers have a rapport based upon being so above other members of their species that they can related to each other more than to humans/Eldar, and supporting the Alliance more than their subordinates.

The whole "I chose you to lead my armies" rather than "I made you from my genetic material and called you my sons" makes the Steward look a lot less like an asshole when he doesn't act like a father to them.

I would like them to last a bit longer though. At least one should like to see the Steward become Emperor.

Although I still like my "original Emperor is dead" idea.

While you are entitled to think your idea of 'original Emperor is dead', I feel that it would be better if there was no original Emperor.

bump

>Were there tensions because one of them thought the Steward would choose them as Emperor? That could be a way for one of two Primarchs to fall to Chaos.

If anything, it would be easier than the actual Heresy, as each Primarch would've thought they had earned the right to power on Terra, as opposed to simply being given it in some cases in the canon.

>Some Space Marine chapters, Inquisitorial chapters, Adeptus Mechanicus refuse to accept the Xenos

This might depend on how omnipresent the Emperor's power was at the time. If we assume that Isha/Eldrad/Malcador/Ollanius/Joe the Plumber told the Emps that becoming a living god was a good idea, there might not be all that much friction from the human side, honestly. If anything, it's far more likely that the Eldar would be troubled, not just by the necessity of allying themselves with a race of apes, but by being pestered for wisdom by the kiddies.

Mind you, the thought that an Eldar prankster and/or conman can make a living by giving the local mon'keigh cryptic statements open to all kinds of interpretation is something I find hilarious.

Bumb

Most of the space marines at least tolerate the eldar so long as they don't make any sudden moves and keep their hand where they can see them.

This is also how they view the Inquisition, high officers, most members of the Mars Priesthood, the Tau (and associated vassal peoples), members of religions other than the ones they approve of, psychics that aren't part of the chapter and politicians.

As a general rule Marines don't easily or completely trust anyone outside of their order. They are particularly suspicions of people from off-world.

Being xeno doesn't help, of course, but they can always find a reason to not like someone.

So since the this conjoined imperium met the Tau I imagine they share the same borders with the canon.

I think they 'absorbed' the Tau Empire, or at least that's how it's displayed on Imperial maps. While it is annoying, on the whole the Ethereals don't really mind at first, seeing it as just one minor concession to make in order to spread the Greater Good. It's just to placate the gue'la, after all.

However, if we're going by 's suggestion, then we could have the Tau seriously trying to rethink the situation without angering the behemoth of the Imperium, and slowly coming to the realization that they're riding a tiger on the hunt. At the moment it has its eyes on other prey, but the moment they step off...

Also, we could also have the first cracks appearing in Tau society from the Ethereals on down. One side might be convinced that the Imperium must be given more military support, now that the Tau have access to the full scale of the horrors facing the galaxy. The other side would want to go full-on isolationist, hoping to hide from whatever lurks the void.

Maybe Ferrus Manus this time round, with no Horus Heresy, was the last one standing. More machine than man by the end.

Not a dreadnaught but most of his bits and pieces had been replaced by prosthetics as the war took its toll.

He died in glorious combat against the Big Mek Iron Eyes, Desolator of the Northern Spinward Reach, and his 100% Cybork army in 104M38.

He was the last of the Primarchs. His death marked the closing of an era.

So in this galaxy the Tau can would be normally seem throughout the galaxy or only military personal and their realm would be only located in the eastern fringe compacted in what was known as the second sphere.

Maybe it's that I kind of prefer the characterisation of an apprentice unwilling to take up his master's legacy than an incredibly powerful being who refuses to take a lofty title and insists that someone else will come along who will be more worthy. The former's refusal to take the big chair sounds more real, more personally driven, as though his refusal to take the chair has more dramatic weight. I'm not too bothered, though.

At the same time, though, each of the Primarchs wouldn't have massive daddy issues, and if they had had to fight and conquer without being genetic supermen they might have a more reasonable outlook on the idea of non-genetic supermen running things.

There would probably be quite a lot of variance amongst Space Marine chapters (if chapters still exist in this verse) with some much closely tied with the Eldar or specific groups of Eldar and some very distrustful (though not nearly as much as in the 40k Imperium).

Yeah, that's more like it. I imagine he, along with maybe Magnus or Vulkan or Perturabo, are the longest lived, long enough to see the Emperor crowned and then wedded to Isha.

Actually, that brings up something else. Do the Emperor and Isha have kids?

Or, given the much more open borders, they are sending missionaries and such to tell of the Greater Good across the Imperium.

On the whole the Imperium couldn't give a toss about the Water Caste going on a pamphlet binge. The Greater Good promotes hard work and adherence to the law. That's good, it's like the Promethians without the fixation for setting shit on fire.

So long as the Earth Caste keep the drones away from the Mechanicus everyone is happy. Or at least tolerably unhappy.

>Do the Emperor and Isha have kids?
Throw in Nurgle too, contaminating the results and forcing them to look for countermeasures, and you have a recipe for new sapient species, like Tau or Squats.

As an aside, I feel like Ferrus is the only Primarch who really "got it" about the reality of Space Marines and the Primarchs. Everyone else was variously concerned with governance, honor, hobbies, or other shit.

>"Rest? We were not made to rest; we go on, unflinching, unstoppable, unending in our strength. The Emperor did not make us for such mortal concerns as hearth and home, vanity or contemplation; we are his engines of war, his hammers, beating out the fabric of existence into a vessel fit for Mankind to inhabit."

Actually, imagine that. Despite being freed from the Plaguefather, Nurgle still has JUST enough influence on Isha from her consuming his vilest brews for so long, that he can inflict her body with a single disease, but that severs the connection.
Nurgle, at first, has no reason to sever the connection as he can tell/sense Isha's mood/location, but then she gets pregnant... And he corrupts the child in the womb, basically making it a super-demon primarch. As soon as it is born, it goes on a rampage that only the Steward can even delay, but before he gets serious Nurgle teleports them to his gardens to educate the child and make them his champion.

>tolerably unhappy

This is the key. The various factions and species amongst the alliance may distrust or even hate each other, but they have a mutual interest in their desire to exist.

Nah, I was thinking some combination of Primarchs and Pheonix Lords. Demigods of War.

I'd actually think the Earth Caste would get along better with the AdMech than Eldar Bonesingers- say what you like about Imperial techno-mysticism, at least it's mostly based in the physical realm than the weird psychic hoodoo the Eldar practice.

As the above user said, the larger Imperium would have a lot of contact with the Tau, the Water and (to a much lesser extent) Ethereal Castes being the ones coming to mind when a human thinks 'Tau'. Guardsmen would of course also think of the Fire Caste, though with the Tau's lack of numbers, I suppose Fire Warriors would count as Elite options instead of Troops.

That said, outside the Eastern Fringe the Tau would mostly exist as bit characters in Imperial media, if they even appear at all. Maybe an enterprising Ethereal and/or Water Caste priest might want to see the greater Imperium, but between short Tau lifespans and the sheer scale of the Imperium, it stands to reason they wouldn't be very successful.

That said, it would be possible for Tau colonies to spread far beyond the borders of the Empire, thanks to the Webway and Warp travel being afforded to them. This might be another point of internal friction among the Ethereals, as the Tau spread farther and farther from central control. The Imperium doesn't mind as long as the colonists pay their taxes and revere the Emperor, but the Ethereals chafe at the loss of control.

>Do the Emperor and Isha have kids?

No.

Emperor is married to Isha through her High Priestess/Avatar.

The High Priestess was, originally, an eldar woman that gave her self totally to the mother of all eldar. Her essence flowed into Isha in the same way that a aspect warrior's soul joins with Khine or a Harlequin goes to join Cegorach.

Presumably if she ever gets killed a new High Priestess will arise but so far this is a theoretical.

Eldar/human hybrids are impossible according to the mechanics. The rare proof that they are wrong are exceptional and make the mechanicus depressed. The Emperor is not even a proper human so it may be impossible.

If Bjorn really is the last surviving member of the original raid that freed Isha bar the Emperor then I can see the Wolves and the Eldar getting along.

Every 50 or 70 years a wraithguard turns up on Fenris and wakes Bjorn from his deep sleep to go on another adventure. This annoys the Chaplains, especially grumpy old Ulrik the Slayer.

The space elves turn up in animal skins and furs and war paint, drink shit loads of Fenrisian Ale, play music really loudly, wake up Ancient Bjorn and then go charging out of the Fang, back into the webway and take a few dozen excitable bloodclaws with them.

They usually turn up after a few months with trophies, fresh scars and outrageous stories and then drink more ale, play more shitty eldar music and get into brawls with each other and everyone else.

The wraithguard was also in life a member of the raiding party that rescued Isha.

He and the primitive eldar aren't actually exodites as they look, they are some of the last disciples of the dead god Kurnous and they hold Bjorn as one of their heroes.

>Bjorn and Eldar are crazy bros

Just want to say I love the hell out of this idea, and the thought of Vikings teaming up with ancient Celt-like Eldar is an amazing one.

I'm not sure how to feel about this. On one hand, it's literally all an excuse to get the Emperor into Isha's pants. On the other, the Emperor gets into Isha's pants. I hope the baby is cute.

While it started like that, I think the expanded universe that comes with it is a good one.

The Necrons might actually stand with humanity/the Eldar. Not all of them mind you, but perhaps those loyal to the Silent King.

But if they're both divine/semidivine beings then surely it doesn't matter? Their children will be more the result of Warp-shenanigans rather than actual sex, right?

Hell, maybe the Emperor gives birth to then Zeus style.

I do love the idea that the Space Vikings and Space Celts spend their time going and having adventures.

Depends, what can the unified Imperium possibly offer the 'Crons? And even then, that's not assuming the Eldar don't try to stymie every attempt at Necron/Imperial peace every chance they get. Hell, part of the reason the higher-up Eldar tolerate the alliance is so that they can send waves of non-Eldar troops at the Necrons instead of risking their own pointy-eared hides.

Kurnous was the first husband of Isha and he loved her dearly and so in turn did they.

Bjorn rescued their goddess. As far as they are concerned he is right up their with Eldernesh. That he is/was human is a background detail to them, he is one of them.

Given that Kurnous has been dead for a very long time he has few disciples. It's a hard life, fun but still hard, and there are easier gods both living and dead to serve. Maybe they are a dying breed. Maybe the day of the Hunters is coming to an end. They don't care.

Well, a lot of the Necrons are very proud and frequently megalomaniac, but Szerakh himself seems to be more pragmatic and wise. He might realize that this unified Eldar/Human alliance would be too much for the Necrons to take on, especially as shattered and lost as they are now. Moreover, throwing themselves against them would just weaken the galaxy even more against the tides of Tyranids and Chaos.

It would certainly be a much more strained relationship than the Humans+Eldar, but all parties might agree that it's in their best interests to at least put their differences aside for the time being. Hell, if the Emperor agreed to let the Necrons have humans bodies for a new biotransference, that might really sweeten the deal.

True, some Necrons would be open to it, but would the Eldar be so accommodating? Hopefully the Eldar would've forgotten about their Great Enemy by now, or at least have the pragmatists among them take the wheel, but even so I'd say that the Necron-Imperial relationship would be less alliance, and more non-aggression pact.

We also have to consider that every Necron leader is like a force unto themselves, and are much less distinguishable than Eldar and Dark Eldar are. All it takes is for one Lord to go hog wild on an Imperial sector or some dumb Magos to try see what makes a Phaeron tick, and then everything goes up in flames.

I can see the Emperor making that deal based on the understanding that if they could actually do it they would have done it already.

Majority of Necrons fucking hate the Imperium because it's got an Eldar and Jokaero infestation and those two shits in the galactic pool were designed from the ground up to make life difficult for the true Master Race.

The ones that have been allowed into the Imperial fold are seen as the desperate and the mad. Isha and Emperor had a bit of a falling out about their inclusion. He eventually persuaded her to his side of the matter by telling her that it's better to have them in here pissing out than out there pissing in.

He did not mention that this was the same line of reasoning he had used on the High Lords of Terra to get them to agree to the Eldar alliance.

For the most part even after they have joined the Imeprium they just ignore each other. Sometimes they do weird shit like wander aimlessly around a city or along long old roads, appearing out of nowhere and disappearing again and never saying a word.

Fucking Necrons. Who knows why they do anything.

So basically, the Imperium is like the Federation if Section 31 made the rules- if you're willing to tow the Imperial line and worship the Emperor (or at least respect his authority), you're cool, welcome to the Imperium or else.

If you cannot or will not fulfil those conditions, then the Imperium we currently all know and love emerges, and it's virus bombs for everyone.

On the topic the Emperor and Isha, how is the power divided between them?
Is the Emperor sole ruler of this Imperium or Isha is not only consort but a co-ruler?
Would an Eldar listen to the Emperor command or would he look to Isha for guidance same case with human leaders?

Currently, I think we've decided that the Emperor and Isha are kind of distant- they both send revelations and divine messages once in a while, enough to reassure everyone that they're okay and their sex life is awesome, but on the whole, the average Eldar isn't going to be talking to her just like the average human isn't going to be chatting with the Emperor about his day.

Could have it where it's mildly ambiguous whether it's all the same person or not.

Warlord, Steward, Emperor. Could have been a string of psykers handing down the title and occasionally changing it to reflect the occasionally changing job.

The whole Vandire fiasco could have been a succession crisis, would claim some in universe historians.

Isha treats him like it's the same man, but maybe she's in on it as well.

Maybe it's some powerful otherworldly consciousness that transfers from body to body down the ages. A sort of benevolent Deamon.

A small but persistent bunch of people keep trying to claim that he is Asuryan in the god equivalent of a Groucho Marx mask.

Some conspiracy nuts/historians have made entire genealogies and lists of succession that the title is handed down through. No two are the same.

Yes it probably is the same man or man shaped entity. Probably.

This.

If an eldar was given two contradictory instructions from Emperor or Isha 99% of the time they will obey Isha.

If a human was given two contradictory instructions by Emperor and Isha 99% of the time they will obey Emperor.

The 1% does exist and are considered a bit odd by both sides.

Imperium day to day is handled by the High Lords, Emperor merely oversees and inspects. It involves a lot of traveling.

Isha does tours of the Craftworlds, exodite worlds and the larger eldar enclaves on human worlds. It also involves a lot of traveling.

It's worth noting that the High Lords are all 100% human (assuming Navigators count as human). It's also worth noting that every High Lord has a farseer somewhere on the payroll.

Now that humanity is ablt to use the webway I imagine the imperium would be much less cultural diverse since sectors wouldn't be completely isolated for millenia, so we would see an standartization of the Imperial Army (that's right no need to separate the forces in this one)
I like to think that death worlds would became somekind of nature reserve of somekind, maiden worlds is another stpry I imagine the eldar would call dibz on them which might be a source of conflict.

That would depend on how safe the Webway is in general, how easy it is to use, and how willing the Eldar would be to let humans use it in general. Remember, the alliance isn't 100% sunny happy friends, so the Eldar would of course ensure that humans don't set foot on maiden worlds for instance. Also, if anything this could lead to even greater discrepancies in the Guard, as Imperial authorities (both human and Eldar) ensure that there's always a supply of highly-specialized worlds and societies to draw troops from.

So we would still se feudal worlds?
Would atleast imperial technology be more reliable (no plasma guns incinerating the users due to malfuction)?

It would be cute to just put Tau, Humans and Eldar into one warcraft-ish Alliance. Just with less paranoia and more respect of each other.

Modern Necron are just a true neutral force (they had enough of war)

In general, Imperial tech might be more advanced, but this also depends on how willing the Eldar are to share their tech, and what they share, as well as how the AdMech sees things. Also remember that human tech isn't really focused on effectiveness; it IS a priority, but not as much as ease of production. Sure, a plasma rifle with Eldar tech might be much more reliable, but there's no way the Munitorum would approve of its production if it cannot be produced by standard STC manufactorums in existence, and/or if it costs more resources than the regular dangerous sort. After all, is it not said that 'the only resources the Imperium isn't short of are lives'?

As for more primitive worlds, why not? A simple mind is easily filled with faith after all, and the Eldar would simply LOVE the idea of easily-influenced humans to do the heavy lifting for them. All in all, I don't think human Imperial society wouldn't be very different from how things are now

black emperor?

Not necessarily, while the Imperium is allied with the Eldar, Mars is not. However, since Mars relies on the Imperium and vice versa, Mars won't be hostile to the Eldar, but they will tell them to fuck off concerning all things tech, so it would look like this
>E: "Hey, Mon' kiegh, we have a way to improve your weapons!"
>M:"No, screw you, fuck off"
>E: "But it could really hel-"
>M: "I'D RATHER DIE FILTHY XENO FLESHBAG!"

>electronic REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

elves...and humans...

THIS AMOUNT OF HERESY IS TOO MUCH FOR A TRAITOR TO EVEN STAND!!!

>most standard of fantasy tropes
>something the emperor offered to the eldar when he was alive
>heresy.
kys

>but before he gets serious Nurgle teleports them to his gardens to educate the child and make them his champion.
So basically he abducts their first child because he thinks he's got better dadding experience than The Steward, and also to take a stab at Isha for leaving him.

fuck knife ears, from the deepest forest to farthest star system, it's the only way

>fuck eldar.
yes please.

A reaction image goldmine.

eldar are for handholding and pillow fights with sisters.

The High Priestess of Isha is called Macha

...Has she go laid yet?

waste of trips.

Oh yes. She is High Priestess of a mother goddess and married to the Emperor. Sex is part of her job, religion and social obligations and she is enthusiastic about her duties. So much so in fact that she has developed somewhat of a reputation amongst her people who wonder how the Emperor survives.

>no jiggly bouncy eldar wife who lives only to fuck you.
pulpimus maximus.

>nigger emperor

>THE EMPEROR WAS WHITE
>ANATOLIANS ARE TURKS
>ANATOLIA IS A PART OF TURKEY
>TURKS ARE WHITE

Brilliant.

Webway is reserved for Inquisition use.

The webway at least to some degree is influenced by the thoughts of those who walk through it. Humanity numbers in the quadrillions. Trillions/Quadrillions of humans using it as a short cut would possibly seriously fuck it up.

Inquisitors, Inquisitorial retinues, private armies of inquisitors, the inquisitorial storm trooper regiments, Battle Sisters (when they are on Inquisition business), Deathwatch, Grey Knights and a few others are allowed free access.

Other people can get access in extreme emergencies. Prince Yriel once transported half a million Kriegers through it to bolster the Preatorian defences during 8th Black Crusade. Kriegers have very introverted minds so possible psyco-seepage risks were relatively small. He still got a lot of shit for it from the other elder.

As an apology the Eldar did enhance the Astronomican with wraithbone buffers, magnifiers and safety features. It isn't so harmful to use anymore and being given Lighthouse duty isn't an automatic death sentence anymore.

I'm imagining that the Emperor and Isha do have children.

They are possibly immortal, have been together for thousands of years and although hybrids are possible but extremely rare they have provided ample opportunity for such occurrences.

In this universe the Sensei are the children of Emperor and Isha.

There are maybe a fair few dozen of them but less than a hundred at most. This sounds like a lot but They have been married for thousands of years.

But what their distance would mean politically?
I mean we would have a situation like saudi ArĂ¡bia with hundreds of princes and princesses.

>Prince Yriel brings Kriegers to Iyanden via Webway to save the Craftworld from the 'Nids
Fund it.

That makes the assumption that the Imperial Throne is hereditary.

The Eldar don't have a hierarchy that extends beyond whoever is in control of the craftworld and that's usually a council of some sort.

Isha is a leader of part of their religion and although they all respect and venerate her she has no direct authority beyond her disciples.

If Emperor was to die the High Lords would presumably just trundle on as best they could.

As it stands the biological offspring of the Emperor and Isha have no official political authority or titles bar those they obtain in life under their own steam.

>"GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY!...VIGOROUSLY!?

in theory
in practice they will be the children of two space gods with all the power that entails.

Exactly. Many cultures both human and xeno set political store by bloodline and next of kin. Neither Emperor nor Isha do but that would be irrelivent to t hem.

Their children could go to those worlds and coast into influence quite easily. Their parents might disapprove but that would be an internal affair of that particular world and as such they probably wouldn't interfere unless they tried to break away from the Imperium or worship Chaos.

Would they be inherently powerful?

Prince Yriel has a shit tonne of stories about him.

He got the Demiurge to sign the first iteration of the current Ironclad Treaty.

Now that agreed that they both have offspring how would they be raised?
Do they have a normal childhood or just come into adulthood immediatily.
Are their powers the same or would they have some variation?

I personally think the Sensei as they are here would be a bad idea; regardless of how they actually feel about each other, the marriage between the Emperor and Isha is a political one, and while they are gods, the spiritual biologies between them might be as incompatible as the physical differences between their subjects.

That being said, who ever said that gods have to reproduce the same way we do? Perhaps they have children via saints?

Basically, when someone performs an act of badassery that we currently associate with sainthood, they become infused with holy light, and where Sister Celestine once stood, now there is only Saint Celestine, infused with the energies of her divine parentage, a true Daughter of the God-Emperor and Lady Isha. Lord Solar Macharius charges alone straight into the ranks of a Chaos horde, and comes out the other end Saint Macharius, his soul burning with fire granted by his two deities. Prince Yriel leads his forces to save Iyanden, and the souls of the those whose soulstones were broken rejoice as Saint Yriel snatches them from Slaanesh's clutches, his strength inherited from his now-divine parentage.

I dunno, I think it sounds better than 'Emprah put his thing into Isha's thing and they did THE THING and nine months later things happened'.

They are half-elder so they would be

>Tall gaunt humans with slightly pointy ears
>Short broad elder with slightly rounded ears

Depending on who you ask.

Isha is ultimately the mother of every elder and so can birthing elder with any natural elder features. Not sure about if there would be a similar deal with the Emperor. He was ancient Anatolian so maybe he genetically still is brown/blue eyed, brown/black haired and tanned skin.

In terms of psychic ability I would suggest low to low-middle range of ability. Their strength lies in their stability and that their souls are already claimed by their father or mother or one of her kin automatically and as such are possession proof. Also naturally born astropaths but it does give them a hangover.

Nah, I don't think we should go the 'half-Eldar' route, I think this user's way is the way to go. The Emperor and Isha have 'children' via infusing particularly extrodinary individuals with some of their divine power to go forth and kick ass for their people. Besides, I think hybrids would be too bright for our nobledark.

I like it!
And would these individuals be granted near immortality or their powers would vary?

You make a good point.

I would say they should vary. People are not made uniformly and people live different lives. They would end up different.

Their lifespans would be no longer than the usual person given juvenat drugs or the like, but their lives will extraordinary by sheer virtue of who they are.

Pretty much, yeah. I mean, Nurgle is also the Chaos God of Family, so he may actually be pretty good at it. Except for those teenage years, cause the kid will keep trying to get laid with Slaanesh, kill someone with Khorne or just fuck up his Dad's stuff with the Changer of Ways. You could also appy it the whole 'their children are really cool people they bless' thing, by saying that the Chaos Gods (working together, ala Horus) say their chance and rammed a hot load of Chaos into someone's soul when the Emperor and Isha were blessing them.

If none of the primarchs fell to Chaos there should be far fewer marines in the Chaos ranks, more deamons and more regular humans.

What marines there are should.be far more powerful.