I decided to write a bunch for random name generators for my setting, check them out:

I decided to write a bunch for random name generators for my setting, check them out:

randomnames.co.nf

Although I wrote them with specific races in mind, the names are generic enough that they can be used by any DM. Feel free to use them for your needs.

I'm also taking requests for thematic random name generators - but only if you comment on those I made so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/49294049/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Neat, thank you user.

Are you the really cool map dude that did this?

That's me.

neat, your setting is one of the more interesting ones I've seen in a long while, was wondering if you might be willing to talk a bit more about the more unique major races in your setting, the Panotians, Blemmians, and the Arimaspians, cause they are definitely interesting culturally, but your gazetteer didn't really say much about them from a biological aspect, also is there a specific name for the World itself, cause I couldn't find one listed anywhere in the gazeteer or the map itself(have all of it saved as user's World for lack of a better name)?

also might as well dump said files(besides the map which is already posted ) for the benefit of others finding this thread, as well as link to your first thread for the setting;

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/49294049/

bump

interesting

Thanks for the resource OP, and nice setting.

one final bump in hopes of OP returning

Kek that Aqua guy's got crabs

Neat

They're not that unique - in fact, they're the original fantasy races. The learned medieval people realised full well that the trolls, dwarves and goblins were just fairy tales. Even the primitive peasants who may or may not have really believed in them understood them as unique spirits rather than entire races similar to themselves.

That being said, there existed imaginary races that even the learned men believed in, because they were described by the fathers of the Church, who, in their turn, learned about them from Herodotus and Pliny the Elder. And the fathers of the Church could say no wrong! These races were placed very far from Europe, in India (East Asia), Scythia (Siberia) and Ethiopia (Africa). Some of the most prominent ones included Blemmyes, the headless men (described by Shakespeare, amongst others!); Panotti, the men with giant ears; and Arimaspi, the one-eyed men.

Now, the medieval sources don't say much about their culture except "they're very evil" or "they're very primitive", so what I invented for them is entirely my own. I described their history briefly, so I will focus on the cultures now. Description posts will follow.

>Panotti, the men with giant ears; and Arimaspi, the one-eyed men.
Couldn't those people actually exist because of those really fucked up genetic disorders you get sometimes?

The Arimaspians are evil Arctic Lovecraftian druids.Their magic is based on hacking into the world's ley lines by erecting standing stones that allow them to tap into the primal energy of the world. It's like acupuncture, but for the entire planet. Theoretically, this dolmen magic is the most powerful kind of magic in the world, but it's also extremely dangerous and requires untold precision, because it's screwing with the fundamental rules of the world. They live around the North Pole, surrounded by a near-impenetrable magical wall, and plan the destruction of all life in the world to remake it anew. They have a pretty damn good reason for that - they're the last of the world's three original races and the last worshippers of its creator god - all other races there are either invaders or were created by invaders. So they're not necessarily the bad guys in the grand scheme of things. They have three genders - males, who use magic and create tools; females, who look after the household and raise children; and the third gender, larger and more formidable than males, who hunt and serve in the army. They're all very tall and have a single glowing eye on the right, left or the forehead, depending on the gender. Their favourite material in unmelting black ice, and their speak Cthulhuish.

Highly improbable. The closest thing I'm aware of is an African tribe with extremely deformed feet, but this tribe is extremely tiny and may actually be extinct by this point. Once you enlarge the population enough, the genetic defects begin to dissipate.

The Blemmians are dieselpunk conqueror warlocks. The Blemmians were created by the cosmic dragons as a servant race.However, as time went on and the dragons became lazy and disinterested in the mortal affairs, most Blemmian tribes left the draconic roosts and settled the southernmost continent of the world where few other races wanted to live because of terrible climate. They were peaceful, wise and spiritual, but their original culture is pretty much gone at this point, and we can only speculate what it was like. Centuries of rule by an immortal dictator turned them into perfect soldiers, and their society is now all about subordination, cult of strength and meritocracy. However, they're too ambitious and scheme too much to achieve anything without another legendary leader to guide them. It also doesn't help that their philosophy is focused narrowly on always winning by any means possible, which makes them incapable of long-term thinking. But make no mistake, they're extremely good at war, even though they waste their potential on petty feuds. Their language is pretty much unpronounceable for anyone but the dragons.

The Panotians are a sister race to the Elves, but they don't care for anything except magic. 95% of them have magic abilities, and its sucks really hard to be a muggle, for lack of a better term. Instead of states, they're organised into academies, each one of which studies a certain kind of magic. Magic leaking from their towers transforms the landscape, so their lands are the most surreal places in the world, each has its own laws of logic and physics. They're extremely curious and hungry for knowledge, but also quite reckless, a bit like mad scientists. If they weren't also quite cowardly and contemplative, they could have destroyed the world in one of their experiments. While not as arrogant as the elves, they treat the other races as stupid children who don't know what's good for them (the only thing truly good in their book being knowledge). They're somewhat isolationist because they don't like when stupid short-eared apes interrupt their pursuit of wisdom. Speaking of ears, theirs grow throughout their lives (which last for several centuries, but can be prolonged magically): the young ones have cute Labrador ears, the middle-aged ones waist-long ears that they connect on their chests with pins, and the ancient ones can wear their ears like cloaks.

Neat

I believe everyone can appreciate something from this image.

It's inspired by a real picture drawn by a medieval monk, most likely in a prayer book. Give it a minute to sink in. Medieval monks thought that centaurs with faces on their ass were an appropriate decoration for a prayer book.

>behold, the herald of 4han

Saved. Next chance I get, I'm letting my players pick a country and running a campaign in it.

Don't forget to contact me for more lore details if you do. [email protected]

will do