Why are they pushing Nissa/Chandra so hard?

Why are they pushing Nissa/Chandra so hard?

What the fuck do these two have in common at all?

They are both girls.

I guess lesbian protagonists are an easy way to score points with both the SJWs and virgins.

They share a setting? That's usually enough to get the yuri shipping going (though even that is not actually required).

What's this from?

The ally-colored members of the gatewatch seem to get along better in general. Observe how Gideon and Jace are bros now despite having basically nothing in common.

It's like that Harry Potter quote about how there are some things you can't help but become friends after doing, only replace "knocking out a troll with his own club" with "Using Leyline Magic to channel-fireball eldritch abominations that might be as old as the universe itself to death."

Gideon respects Jace because Jace is the man with the plan and stood with him to do the right thing when others said it wasn't their problem and fucked off, while Jace respects Gideon for being brave and strong and honest and cool, which are all things Jace is not but kind of wishes he could be.

Nissa likes Chandra's free spirit and finds her emotional nature refreshing, presumably after far too many years around fellow stuffy, arrogant elves followed by a year of unrelenting hell only dealing with other shell-shocked burnouts. Chandra admires how Nissa seems rooted, calm, and at peace with herself, things she's never really been.

Liliana doesn't really like or respect any of them because she's a spiteful, self-serving bitch who only cares about herself.

Liliana likes Chandras power. And Jace for ..other stuff.

>Koth and Gideon will never get to kick ass together
;_;

However, Liliana is clearly hurt by Jace refusing her now, making it obvious that despite every dickish move she pulled on him, she actually likes the man. And she sort of acts like some sort of big sister to Chandra, despite not being exactly what you would call a positive role model.

The same thing Korra and Asami had in common.

You mean how they push Liliana/Chandra?

She makes it pretty clear to Jace, by which I mean she tells him to his face, that she thinks of him like she'd think of her puppy. She likes him well enough, but if he dies, she'll be sad for a little while and then she'll move on.

She doesn't actually give a hot shit about Chandra, she just sees something she can manipulate in Chandra's emotional state and is pushing her so she can cultivate an ally since Nissa and Gideon don't like her and Jace knows what she's really like.

Cheap pandering?

Or rather this would be true if they were going to keep liliana as an evil character and not as a morally grey one. Which is totally what is gonna happen.

I feel like that horse has left the barn. Besides, they HAD a morally gray-leaning heroic black character in Sorin before SOI fucked THAT up.

The two best characters in a show filled with shit male characters?

Face it, pairing them up together was for the best, because every other choice would have been shit.

They did the best they could with the trainwreck of a cast.

They literally have no mascots, they're playing catch-up.

>Impliying Jace does not want Gideon'S Big, Hard and Throbbing GAINS

Oh, he definitely has a huge man-crush on his new bro, I'm not denying that.

On the other hand he's also mind-holding-hands with Nissa a lot, and Nissa and Gideon are battle buddies and it's important to Gideon she feels comfy around him, Chandra's got kind of a thing with Gideon and is sort of friends with Jace...

Basically the Gatewatch is less the gays invading and more an orgy waiting to happen and Liliana's trying to get in on that action even though she doesn't respect any of them.

That's to be expected, ally colours tend to have worldviews that are at least halfway understanding to each other.

>Liliana doesn't really like or respect any of them because she's a spiteful, self-serving bitch who only cares about herself.

She doesn't respect them because they arbitrarily limit what they'll do based on perceived lines that she doesn't respect or understand any more.

She likes at least two of them well enough, she gets on reasonably with Chandra due to liking her impulsive and headstrong nature and she both likes Jace for his accumulation of knowledge and his certain degree of ruthlessness and she simply is also in love with him.

>Sorin was literally the hero Magic needed
>But he was a white male, so make him not to accomplish anything, and istead punish him for being the guy that knew what to do
>Bonus point if we destroy all his plane

What it hurts me the most, is that we didn't get that momen in which avacyn recognices him as his father and ask forgiveness

I don't honestly think Liliana could be said to love anyone or anything but herself. She loved her brother once, but since then an obsessive devotion to her own survival and acquistion of power and loyalty to absolutely nothing else means other people aren't really people to Liliana.

People are things. You can like your things, you can protect your things, but they are still just things, not people as important as you are.

To be fair to Liliana, many planeswalkers seem to think this way. Nahiri doesn't see destroying Innistrad as genocide, she sees it as breaking Sorin's stuff.

>these two
>in common
not happening, they're rares, if not mythics.

>Liliana is the B planeswalker for the jacetice league
I'm still amused as how they choose the worst mono B character to be on the protagonist team.

>Gideon will never meet Elspeth
>Gideon will never tag team with her to take on Heliod and Erebos
>they will never stop the Phyrexians with Koth

At least he's gonna meet Ajani at some point.

My best outcome would be this
>next big threat faces the jacetice league
>shit is going down, dire straights
>Chandra & Gideon go down
>Liliana has to step up
>out of fucking no where Garruk
>Garruk kills Liliana, finally finding justice
>shit Garruk we needed that black mana
>Garruk changes from Green/Black to Black
>rises to the occasion
>Garruk's Oath
If only

>Nahiri doesn't see destroying Innistrad as genocide, she sees it as breaking Sorin's stuff.
She is an oldwalker so you can't really judge her for being that way. And Liliana is an oldwalker too, so maybe it's that. Or maybe that's just because they are women

>suffer a personality change which shifts you fully into Black
>step up and take community responsability
kek

Sorin, Bolas, and Ugin aren't that different, either. Sorin has long since stopped giving a fuck about individual lives except his own, Bolas NEVER gave a shit about anyone but himself, and both tend to view others as resources more than people, although Sorin felt some manner of fondness for mortals in general even if he viewed individual mortals as nothing but food.

Ugin's pretty clear that he considers even millions of lives a statistic compared to the rest of the universe. Zendikar being utterly destroyed would have been preferable to the unknown outcome of destroying two titans.

Actually, he'd probably go on to kill everyone else in the gatewatch, because they're palling around with Liliana and Jace. Might as well go full black and kill the lot of them so that they don't spring up looking for vengeance.

They could not insert canerous romance plots and had Korra remain single. Or have an offscreen partner. Romance was the weakest point of both the last airbender and Korra.

Literally who?

Remember when Nissa was elf Hitler who only went to Lorwyn to learn their elvish black magic so she could use it to lead Zendikar elves to planar domination?

>and she both likes Jace for his accumulation of knowledge and his certain degree of ruthlessness and he's hung like a horse
Fixed, senpai.

I'm sad we will probably never get a black/green planeswalker card out of her.

Elf hitler who embraced multiculturalism and girl who thinks that if fire does not solve a problem you that means you didn't stoke it hot enough.

I suspect Jace is actually fairly inadequate in that department but she could peg him.

Where's it from? I like the sound of Elf Hitler

No that's the point, he is a smart and brooding good boy nerd just like you who you can realte to, but he also goo with the ladies and even bad girls like him, lik you wish they would. That's why he is the main protagonist.

It's from Magic the Gathering. Too late though, she stared as a racist elf supremacist, but later learned that all people are good and races are equal and all should work together setting all the differences off and fun stopped right there.

>Basically the Gatewatch is less the gays invading and more an orgy waiting to happen
Pretty much.

Everyone hated Nissa when she was an elf supremacist. People only claimed that was interesting after the fact when her backstory was changed.

Desperation to push the gaywatch and appeal to the Marvel fanboys/girls.

Anyway you frame it, it's cancer and I want yawgmoth to come back and end it all. Make it all one big screaming toaster.

I don't see why the Gatewatch being able to defeat the Titans is treated as unmitigated bullshit but people selectively forget Yawgmoth's defeat was primarily due to Commodore Guff relentlessly breaking the fourth wall.

I'm honestly surprised there isn't a story floating around where Nissa and Chandra use Vinepeens to impregnate each other.

>Commodore Guff relentlessly being Commodore Guff.
fixed that for you.

>implying they weren't just pushing Liliana/Chandra
Chandra is such a damn lesbian. Look at the fucking color wheel. Both of the guys from the Gatewatch are across from red.

Why people can't just accept Jund threesomes is beyond me.

Being bisexual falls pretty squarely in Red's free love wheelhouse.

I like the idea. Garruk's "oath" could also be a sort of ironic reprise to the others, possibly with nasty implications. Since he now hunts planes walkers for sport, he could see the collective Jacetice League as an even greater challenge. He wouldn't exactly hang out with them, but he'd keep track of what they're doing and show up to pitch in during climactic events... while studying them carefully and planning how to take them all out. Developing this ability for social maneuvering could also represent his change to pure black.

>To bring down the greatest and most dangerous game... I'll keep watch.

Of course, they're eventually going to have to kill or cripple him somehow. This could also tie in to the trend of the black mana representative of the Gatewatch being killed/removed and replaced by a new blackwalker.

This. Chandra has oogled Gideon. If he walked up to her and said "Ey bb want sum fuk?" She would hop on that dick.

However, the story clearly has her infatuated with Nissa. She spilled her fucking spaghetti when she tried talking to her.

I see you, Chandere. Sorin was a fucking faggot who deserved what he got.

>hmm I see there's a problem on this plane
>this could destroy the multiverse or worse
>well, at least it's not on innistrad
>*planeswalks away*

I get that having no sense of duty or justice is a legit character flaw, but Sorin went out of his way to be such a passive character that it made him objectively more hateable than any other Planeswalker to date.

I take it back. I want the lesbian threeway.

Yeah, i was the only one who liked her bakc then.

And now she goes around shaming racist elves for ethnic clensings.

>"I'm Garrukman."
Also by now he probably has a voice gravelier than Downton Abbey's driveway.

They're both complete psychos?

Garruk needs to join the Legion of Doom, take their "oath" or whatever, and then hunt down the Jacetice League members.

To be fair, Lorwyn Elves should probably have wanted to murder Nissa on sight because she looks insufficiently like them to be considered beautiful and is therefore an abomination.

Sorin did nothing wrong

Nah, she doesn't have hooves or horns, but while mechanically they use anti non-elf spells, they are not technically racist, they just hate ugly people and half of Lorwyn races look ugly compared to an elf, and Nissa is not ugly and is good looking for a humanoid, and was chill with genocide at that time, so was ok for them.

I was thinking less "brooding batmanesque antihero" and more "clearly psychopathic serial killing wild man who we're only working with because he maaay be getting better and we don't exactly have much of a talent pool to draw from. Also, he may not have the best intentions for us."

I'll admit I just want this because I think there should be a pattern of the black Gatewatcher being killed and replaced by a new one every so often. It fits with black and its callousness.

Lorwyn Elves consider getting a minor scar on your face a deformity so horrifying they expel you from their society forever rather than have to look at you. Are you telling me they'd seriously consider an elf with no horns or hooves anything but "KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT"?

Yeeeeesssss

I dunno, Rhys got called an eyeblight just for getting his horns Hellboy'd, I think, and he still looked pretty good other than that.

Was it rape?

Ehhhh, I don't get that vibe. Sure, Lilly is totally Dom, but I don't think the sexy times are coerced.

...needs more Nissa.

I could go for the 3-way just because Nissa clearly thinks she's a dom and Liliana would shut her down immediately.

>"Well go on then."
>"W-What?"
>"If you're so experienced at being a dom, don't just stand there, show us."
>"Yeah!...What she said!"

>What the fuck do these two have in common at all?

Jace's weenies.

Nissa literally went to Lorwyn in her origin. They treated her more like a curiosity than anything else and even invited her to hunt eyeblights

>MtG
>story
You're only allowed to care about one of these.

>hur dur if you think Doug and the gang making Sorin and The Bitch have a shared aneurism is bullshit you must be this one namefag

Chandere's too much an attention whore to false flag, both of the "villains" of SOI were forced into being morons so the story team could write themselves out a corner.

The reason it's more offensive with Sorin is that he was older and well liked and they made him an idiot and left him perpetually crucified unable to planeswalk.

Which is bullshit by the way because Venser could do it with his head encased in stone. The story team went off the fucking rails with SOI.

I would those elf tiddies

Does flavor count?

>The story team went off the fucking rails with SOI.

Do not even remmember me about that. They say Innistrad is the only plane where Werewolves exist, but there is an old card of a fucking black Werewolf.

How do they explain that?

Flavour text from cards doesn't count as story, no.

Are they actually going with the lesbian route or is this just more /u/ fanfiction?

It's part fanfiction part truth. They're really pushing the interactional boundaries of the color wheel which, as we all know, will end up misrepresenting itself as romantic feelings. What could have easily been maximum bro-mode between Nissa and Chandra (see Gilgamesh and Enkindu) will probably end up being some spaghetti-tier romance fling that'll stop after Chandra decides to stay on Kaladesh.

>Breaking up the Jacetice league
>Implying
EVERY BLOCK FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE!!!

>Origins
You mean the retcon where they ignore how Llorwyn elves are so hostile to everything that differs from them that the term "Xenophobic" doesn't even begin to be strong enough?

I don't know, Nissa seems more like the tantric type. She'll fuck your mind so well you'd think Jace was involved.

Luckily they're in India right now, so she should be able to pick up the practice from the source.

Just because she didn't explicitly say yes doesn't mean she thought no :^)

In bed Liliana would destroy Nissa like a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus and you know it.

Well duh, Liliana has a few thousand years of experience while Nissa only has like a hundred or so.
I'm just saying Nissa probably wouldn't try and dom in the first place.

So, which of the stories has the Nissa/Chandra hinting? Cause I only want to read that one.

Fire spreads around trees.

The last story of Oath of the Gatewatch, where they bond over having nuked the eldrazi and saved Nissa's world
The somewhat awful one from two Wednesdays ago where Nissa is meditating, Chandra tries, and the spaghetti burns through her pants.

>few thousand years
Liliana is not older than 300

How long ago was the mending in canon?

Like 60-70 years ago. And Liliana is like 230 or so.

kek

I just want Garruk to slaughter this shitty team and for Wizards to realise that superhero marketing isn't going to get them the fat shekels they're after.

>complaining about purest love

ffffffaggots

hopefully there will be less retcons going forward now that creative has an idea of where they are going instead of just knowing where they are now.

This shit has to happen to half-elves and elves living in human communities all the fucking time.

How can anyone be half as BASED as Steve Argyle?
>about to do Gencon 2015
>breaks his hand a week before event, can't do art or signings on site
>pushed through the pain to make one proper signature, has it converted into a stamp
>stamps any cards or artwork people want his signature on, signed "Steve Argyle (gimpy hand edition)"

Oh yeah, and he drew this and refused to take it down when WotC threw a shitfit because Fair Use lol

The mending was ~30 years ago: Venser was in his 40s-50s at death

I thought he 100% complied and took it down. And put it back up as the internet never forgets.

pic related

There were cuties at the prerelease
There have never been cuties at the prerelease

>On the other hand he's also mind-holding-hands with Nissa a lot
Based on his reactions in his mental tower fortress thing, he's less close to Nissa than he is to others in the group.

Liliana does care a bit more than Sorin, Bolas, Ugin, Nahiri and company, I think. She wasn't an Oldwalker for very long, so the attitude didn't quite have time to crystallise her perspective. She's definitely further from a grounded perspective than the rest of the Gatewatch, but she's nowhere near as far gone as the others I named.