Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Less Wolf More Celt Edition
Rockin' Roboute Sub-Edition
You ain't nothing but a Warhound! No wait. You ain't nothing but a Khorne dog! There. No my /hhg/ style Elvis parodies can start off.
> R E A D . T H I S . B E F O R E . P O S T I N G

HHG FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

30k TACTICA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Horus_Heresy

Red Books Links: sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg

HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List:
mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List:
mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents):
mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub

Strawpoll links:
strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eris_(mythology)
behindthename.com/name/adrastos
babynameguide.com/categoryamerican.asp?strGender=M&strAlpha=M&strCat=American&strOrder=Name
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.kiplingsociety.co.uk/poems_coldiron.htm&gws_rd=cr&ei=mAnnV6CKDcPWapDFoZgE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2 B@C's with a few other added things

What's this, exactly?

Is the absolute madman that is Idriss Krendl a member of the Lyssatra?

Anyone mind if I post my Warsmith's writefaggotry/fluff? I want your criticism and opinions on it.

Go ahead. It could be a change in the pace these threads need.

hordes of garbage that get tabled in 1 turn by thudd guns

1 preator in cataphracti with chain fist combi melta
2 cataphracti squads, heavy flamer combi bolters and lightning claws
6 10 man tacticals
1 GW predator

at least thats what BOLS and Reddit people do

>the Arlatax has rules, but no model
>the Vulturax has a model, but no rules

writefag here

I'm going to take the horus heresy and rewrite it as a film noir crime drama

pollux and sigsimund have models
kyr vhalen and glg dont

if its longer than a page upload it as an image

Sure thing, user!

I do need help coming up with a Terran-esque name for him though. Currently just have ? where his name should be.

The Bitter Old Men.

Their Grand Battalion was lost during the Hrud Wars, and declared dead. Later on, they were able to regroup with the IV Legion, old and withered, bitter and beaten, but not defeated. They became as bitter old men are wont to do, cold and heartless, even more so than their brothers of the IV were known for. Their Praetor's face had became wrinkled, his hair white, and his heart frozen. He and his bodyguards donned helms in the shape of Iron Skulls, a sign of utter loyalty and devotion to the Lord of Iron himself, believing what had happened to them to be a failure. And failure would not be tolerated.

Name Goes Here.
? was of Terran stock, from before even the Primarch was found, and was known as one who was cold and calculating. ? had a distaste of members of the VIII and XIX Legions, believing them to be mere savages and criminals among the legions. Yet he could not deny the effectiveness of their tactics, and so would not hesitate to work with them if offered the opportunity.

? was seen as an authority figure amongst the Chapter he was part of, and had risen to the rank of Delegatus just before Incaladion, where he would soon be promoted to his Chapter's Praetor after the previous Praetor had died taking down a traitorous archmagos.

With ?'s new rise as the leader of his Chapter, he had soon rearranged certain legionnaires whom he had trusted and allied with to higher positions of authority and had four of his most trusted lieutenants placed under him as his terminator armored command squad.

1/?

the BL books, FW books, GW collecte visions
or your own canon

Do it, reading peoples lore is one of my favourite things in these threads Provided it's not shit

he had the big reductor ordinatus so probably, but i dont know how long he survives for

Wait so they're more bitter than normal? Huh. Now that's going above and beyond the call of duty. As for the name I can't think of anything.

Tournament list, 2kpts, help min/max and point out improvements please. Most models available.
HQ:
Scoria + Abeyant
Mag Dom - Abeyant, Con beamer, aug scan, cyber fami

Troops:
2 x Castellax - darkfire cannon/targ array/flamers
2 x Castellax - mauler boltcannons/power blades/frag grenades
3 x Thallax - plasma fusil
3 x Thallax - plasma fusil

Heavy:
Thanatar - targetting array

LoW:
Knight Paladin - Blessed auto

Scoria+castellax bolter march up field with knight
Mag dom sits back with Than and darkfire Cast to shoot

Thallax deepstrike onto objective or where needed

I did this with 2 BaC and a few other things:
>SW
>PotL

>HQ:
Praetor:
-Cataphractii, Paragon Blade, Combi-Plasma, Digital Lasers
= 177pts.

Terminator Bodyguard (4x):
-Cataphractii, 3x Power Axe, 3x Combi-Plasma
-Standard Bearer, Power Axe, Combi-Plasma
-Land Raider Proteus, Armoured Ceramite, Pintle Combi-Bolter
= 383pts.

Centurion:
-Forge Lord
-Tartaros Terminator Armour, Thunder Hammer, Combi-Bolter, Conversion Beamer, Rad Grenades
= 175pts.

Centurion:
-Vigilator
-Bolt Pistol, Power Sword, Bolter, Artificer Armour, Refractor Field, Jump Pack
= 140pts.

>ELITE:
Apothecary Detachment (2x):
-2x Artificer Armour, 2x Augury Scanner
= 120pts.

Mortis Dreadnought:
-2x TL Lascannon
= 155pts.

Dreadnought (2x):
-2x TL Lascannon, 2x Power Fist w/ Combi-Bolter
= 300pts.

Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnought (2x):
-2x Keresh Assault Cannon, 2x Power First w/ Combi-Bolter
= 300pts.

>TROOPS:
2x Tactical Squad (20x):
-Vexilla, 20x CCW
-Sergeant, Artificer Armour, Combi-Plasma, Power Sword
= 305pts.

2x Terminator Squad (10x):
-Indomitus Armour, 3x Power Axe, 4x Power Sword, 7x Combi-Bolter, 2x Chainfist, 2x Reaper Autocannon
-Sergeant, Power Axe, Combi-Bolter
= 375pts.

Assault Squad (10x):
-2x Power Axe
-Sergeant, Artificer Armour, Power Axe
= 215pts.

>FAST:
Seeker Squad (10x):
-Sergeant, Artificer Armour
-Rhino
= 300pts.

Storm Eagle Assault Gunship:
-2x TL Lascannon, Missile Launcher
= 255pts.

Outrider Squad (5x):
-5x Melta-Bombs
= 175pts.

>HEAVY:
Predator Strike Squadron (2x):
-2x HB Sponsons, 2x Pintle HB
= 210pts.

Whirlwind Scorpius:
= 115pts.

Heavy Support Squad (10x):
-9x Missile Launcher w/ Flakk Missiles
-Sergeant, Nuncio-Vox & Chainsword, Augury Scanner
= 335pts.

>LORD OF WAR:
Falchion Super-Heavy Tank Hunter:
-SM Crew, Armoured Ceramite
= 565pts.

>FORTIFICATION:
Imperial Bunker:
-Quad Gun, Ammo Store
= 120pts.

Total of 5,400pts.

It was soon after the fateful events of Incaladion that their Primarch was found, the Lord of Iron, Perturabo. With this heralded new customs, new traditions and new things for the legion. Chief amongst these was the decimation, which had fortunately spared most of those ? had trusted, and had slain a good portion ? had alliances with, which served to further consolidate ?'s power over his Grand Battalion once and for all. ? had accepted the new title of Warsmith as well as all the new traditions and customs dutifully, never truly caring for either, but he could see the the use and effectiveness of them, and so his logic oriented mind had accepted them easily.

When the Iron Warriors had began their war with the xenoform known as the Temporra Ferrox, the Hrud, ?'s Grand Battalion was declared lost in the fighting, unable to relay messages back to command. Later, they had been able to return, albeit with massive casualties which had reduced the massive Grand Battalion to approximately 1,000 legionnaires, the size of a regular Grand Battalion.

It was this event where the power of the Temporra Ferrox was revealed onto those who had been in the thick of the fighting, and then some. Their bodies had become that of withered old men, their armor and weapons had begun to corrode, their hair had become grey, white, or even naturally balding, and their hearts had become colder and more bitter than even those of the worst of the IV legion.

? and his bodyguards had helms fashioned into the symbol of the Primarch, that of an Iron Skull as a symbol of utter loyalty and devotion to the Lord of Iron. For the events of the Hrud Wars were seen as failure to ?. And failure would not be tolerated.

This was the event that marked the beggining of ?'s infamy, and the beggining of his legend as the Iron Masked Tyrant as he and his Grand Battalion followed the Lord of Iron into Heresy and Betrayal willingly, perhaps too eagerly, in fact.

2/2

What do you think?

>he didn't like deathguard and nightlords.
interesting but if he's terran, he would remember them as the dusk raiders who were far more tame

Huh. I never realized that I had written so much.

I can see some spelling errors, but could you guys help point them out? There might be some stuff I mispelled or grammar errors that I probably wont catch.

>no spartans
>no kharybdis
>1 non assault vehicle land raider
>no way to get anything into combat
uhh why tho

atrapos is best knight

no we where talking about newfags that play MSU on marines and bring no armour

Oh shoot, I meant Terran Raven Guard. Looks like I need to fix that!

But Dantioch is the absolute madman.

>no we where talking about newfags that play MSU on marines and bring no armour
2bh hes not really bringing any armor ether tho

>uhh why tho

Resin, resin, already had the model for it, and you still got two good legs, don't ya?

Dantioch build an upside down fortress. Not that impressive.

Krendl came up with Ironfire. Now that's impressive

>and you still got two good legs, don't ya?
footslogging terminators are as good as dead

theyll never get into combat, even tartaros

i like it, taking bitterness more than most isnt that bad, but the full iron mask makes me think of dantioch.

how about a half mask which covers up the mouth and nose, and it represents how he swore to never show emotion again after failing the tyrant

What's with the obsession of getting into combat?

i play WE and SW

also thats the whole point of terminators

The real absolute madman will be the warsmith who makes a siege assault bike for the tyrants to ride. Or combi-lasvolkite.

yeah that makes sense, GW has been forcing that parralel meme
CC =KK
murder hobos= murder hobos
emo hair= emo hair

I was going for the Iron Mask bit sort of both to make him seem like an Evil Dantioch, and for the modelling opportunites by giving him and his retinue the IW skull masks from the upgrade set.

Though, the first point was originally unintended, I decided to just roll with it.

I just got them because they're kewl. Also, there is the storm eagle.

stormeagles are a noobtrap.

they ether come in turn 2 and die, killing half your guys in it along with it. or they dont come in at all. best case is a turn 3 charge.

dreadclaws/kharybdis/spartans are basically the only options. landraiders could be ok since the points drop but they are still worse than spartans

>He doesn't like glorious melee combat

Speaking of, I finished making my Dark Mechanicum Arlatax. It's definitely more towards the daemon-engine end of things, but so is the rest of my stuff so far.

High risk, something-something reward. Too scared to live on the edge?

Not enough to buy 12 resin bricks. Besides, if the opponent brings 12 resin bricks, he'll come to me.

>-Forge Lord
>-Tartaros Terminator Armour, Thunder Hammer, Combi-Bolter, Conversion Beamer, Rad Grenades
Got pics?

>High risk, something-something reward. Too scared to live on the edge?
theres a difference between high risk high reward, and just asking to get rekt.

for example i run 17x red butchers in 2 kharybdis with angron, praetor and surlak, and a terminator apothecary in the 2nd unit, with cimson path so everybody has a 4+++ or 3+++ FNP. both come in turn 1 thats high risk high reward.

>Not enough to buy 12 resin bricks. Besides, if the opponent brings 12 resin bricks, he'll come to me.
trust me, if they want to come to you things arent going to go your way in CC

Nice job, got more pics from other angles?
Also what's the body from? Are there any DarkMech stories, they seem cool, other than Kryptos?

>if they want to come to you things arent going to go your way in CC

So then why would I want to go to them to fight in CC?

End of the day, this isn't my #rektn00bs army, this is just what I like and what I had lying around that I built to be the way I wanted it to be. If I want to be a dick, I'll just get my DG and gas the juice.

Not right now, sorry. It's a real kitbash of a custom suit holding a thunder hammer with both hands and with the conversion beamer over the shoulder.

Wait, but the XIX legion is the Raven Guard though.

>So then why would I want to go to them to fight in CC?
yolo
>End of the day, this isn't my #rektn00bs army, this is just what I like and what I had lying around that I built to be the way I wanted it to be. If I want to be a dick, I'll just get my DG and gas the juice.
fair enough

Dinobot/100

sorry my mistake, I mistook the second X for a V

I don't have a lot of good pictures of it, but anyways it's based off of that monopose chaos spawn thing from the Age of Sigmar kit.

if I take ordo reductor allies for my IW it's still just one heavy suppourt i can take for my allies

I like it.
Dunno about a Terran sounding IW name though, sorry.

arachmus?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eris_(mythology)
she spread bitterness upon men, so maybe masculinise it to erin

behindthename.com/name/adrastos
also this adrastos, or adarastos

I feel like that's too close to the IF Arachmus.

I'm just not feeling it. Maybe. Maybe.

I actually like this one. Feels a bit too Greek/Olympian, but that can be handwaved. I'll try and think up some more names, and take more from you guys too!

I'm assuming that is a question, if so the answer is yes.

then change the -os to an -us, that's how similar late greek and early empire latin is

Warsmith Adrastus Karth, maybe?

Doesn't sound too bad.

I can dig that, sounds gothic enough that it would be in a BL book, then again they did have Krieger

>Terran-esque names
Do we have any named Terran IV legionnaires? We could go off from there?

They were recruited from Gun Tribes of the Auto Plateaus of Sek-Amrek, so we can go on from there.

Sek-Amrek is definitely a corruption of Second America, so in Terran IV Legionary names we can infer that there would be lots of short, hard sounds with letters such as k being plentiful.

Iron Fire 2k
help me trim the list so it's the best it can be
ROW: iron fire
HQ
Delegatus 65

Elites
Apothecary x2 90

Contemptor mortis 125, autocannons 10, extra armour 5, 140

Troops
(Tactical squad 125, 5 more 50, knives 30, 205) x 2

Heavy Suppourt
Basilisk x3 420

Allied
ordo reductor
Magos reductor 125
Thallax 135
Minotaur x3 615

I think there should be more interceptors, but wonder if it would be worth it

1 apothecary in each squad, and delegatus leading from the front, never used thallax before so don't know, magos sticks with Minotaurs to buff 'em

maybe pseudo biblical american names corrupted into Fun-et-Kicks

Ironfire still works even if the ordnance is from units in an allied detachment?

Do you mean Kroeger?

Huh. That's pretty cool, user.

Let's try and come up with some stuff, anons! I have to go do something though, I'll be back in a bit.

according to 1d it does because battle brothers but I'll check the books now

'sworn brothers are treated as friendly units and independent characters may join squads'
yeah i'd say they get the scatter buff

Did Lorgar ever stop to think about what he and his legion were doing?

nah hes retarded

top american names
>aaron- exalted one
he was a prideful commander killed in the decimation by pertuabo himself for his reckless command
>adrian- dark one
its new america so maybe they made slavery legal again, and he escaped with his fellow slaves
>ain- merciful one
also killed for pertuabo for not being swift enough with committing to the frontal assault
>aldrick aldrin- old or wise ruler
perhaps not a true space marine but same treatment as kor phaeron and luther
>alyward- noble protector
head of somones command squad, protected the king until e was space cold
>gawyen -white falcon
first into the breach upon his jetbike, ala alexander the great
>gerado- brave with spear
first son of king the emperor killed, and tried to stab Big E. when he entered the throne room
>babynameguide.com/categoryamerican.asp?strGender=M&strAlpha=M&strCat=American&strOrder=Name

>marcus- warlike
always called for war no matter who he encountered and no matter the odds, decimated for brashness

>rafael- healed by god
more machine than man
>reave- steward
son of king's friend who was to become a governor
>rene- reborn
dreadnought
>vinson- conqeuror
dunno
>kennedy- ugly head
Gets shot by assassin Kappa
no got shrapneled to hell and back
>herve- army warrior
ascended ranks by surviving
>collier- coal miner
laboured for the lords

anyone like any of them

no, he was too interested in the melody to think properly, also chaos had already claimed his soul

Only Tubal Cayne and Erasmus Golg so far

What's the most unfluffy list you could make?

mortarion with 2 librarians, and 9 bikes

>>kennedy- ugly head
>Gets shot by assassin Kappa
>no got shrapneled to hell and back
SensibleChuckle.gif

Angron with 2 librarians and sniper vets.

you did have librarians in betrayer, but they all die at the end of the novel

Yeah but they gave him insane migraines and he hated them

Loyalist Word Bearers.

they stopped him suffocating underground

there's still one chapter of loyalists by istvaan so maybe they got stuck in a warp storm and their faith kept the shields alive

Checked.
Like said, the WE didn't consider their librarians to be full legion members. They would die and nobody would care. They shouldnt have the LA(WE) rule, and note you can't take them when running Berzerker Assault.

Loyalist Dark Angel Flamer-spam.

Firewing

Or a chapter gets lost in the far reaches of the galaxy pre-Monarchia so they never get the memo of stop worshipping the Emperor, eventually the original members of the chapter die and only the second generation marines come back into the heresy making them even more detached from the main Word Bearers, out of shame these marines never contact loyalist forces but proceed to fight a guerrilla war against traitors at any chance they get.

Can user post the thing that went along the lines of silk for the pretty maid, something for the something, but cold, cruel iron over them all?

I liked it and forgot to write it down.

White Scar rapier spam gunline.

Salamanders with as many outriders, land speeders and jetbikes as possible. Extra on the anti-grav.

>Loyalist Dark Angels
fixed.

Gold is for the mamzel -- copper for the maid --
Silver for the silversmith cunning at his trade."
"Good!" said the Warmaster, sitting in his hall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all."

So he made rebellion 'gainst the Emperor his liege,
Camped before his palace and summoned it to siege.
"Nay!" said the Iron Warrior on the rampart wall,
"But Iron -- Bitter Iron -- shall be master of you all!"

Where did this come from? Was it in a HH book?

Danke! Much appreciated.

based on the poem 'cold iron' but then corrupted into 40k

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.kiplingsociety.co.uk/poems_coldiron.htm&gws_rd=cr&ei=mAnnV6CKDcPWapDFoZgE

>Masculine
>Erin
Erin is literally a feminized version of Aaron (or vice versa - point is, Erin is a chick name)

Yet on many places Andrea ("man") is a woman's name.

And Andre has become the masculinized form, I don't see your point. It's another example of the same thing.

What I tried to say is that a name can be used regardless of the originally assigned Iron Warrior gender.