sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>Package Character Creator
firewallagency.wordpress.com/

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf
>Seedware: Another Yearblog
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36317552/Seedware Blog.pdf

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/57493/eclipse-phase-noobs-welcome-and-encouraged
childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/2016/04/29/misconceptions-about-space-warfare/
youtube.com/watch?v=JhY9GOhFwN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are there any games running willing to take on a new player? I've got experience with the game.

What's this meme about?

I'm thinking of running a game called "the Scavengers of Souls". The PCs are non-Firewall types who prowl amongst the debris of Earth orbit, searching the orbital wreckage of the Fall for bodies that still have their cortical stacks. They retrieve the stacks and bring them back to a Lunar NGO that stores them until those egos can be reinstantiated. Of course, they also do legitimate salvage as well -- after all, the bills still have to be paid.

Any suggestions on what should/could be a part of such a campaign?

me

So. I'm starting a campaign, not my first but hopefully my first complete one. Today's session was about character gen. It went something like this:

One of the characters is an infomorph hacker, re-instated.

One of our guys is from Russia. He's new to the system so he's using the character creation packages. He came up with maybe 7 characters, all randomly. The ones I remember were a hyperelite on earth who was killed (not by TITANs) with his highest skills being social and medical. The Irony is that his morph was a fury. Then there was the indenture that had a fuckton of money, supported the system that enslaved him, has a drug problem went through the pandora gate, met Firewall by running into them during a mission, and is in a Novacrab... I have a house rule that characters with a in-depth backstory gets one free moxie that they can only use once. I told him that if he could string all that into a believable backstory I'd give him 2. Then a scientist in a guard morph, someone made a terminator pun so we convinced him to to name his character Arnold and make him Austrian. In the end he made an engineer in a menton, but kept the theme by being a German named Arny.

Next up was out sniper, a guy from the UK. He originally was going to go with an olympian but we convinced him to go with a neotenic as it was cheaper (800 cp max). He posted the picture you see here as an example. Then he found out about bio-sculpting and realized he could make a sniper loli catgirl. We all laughed and told him to FUCKEN DO EET!

Our next two were an async built for stealth/combat and a face sleeved into a shaper. Not a lot to say about them. MOur 6th didn't show up for the skype call, so I guess he's pidgin-holed into whatever role he gets.

Check out the homebrew section link in the OP. There's a scenario in there called Where the Heavens Meet the Earth, in which the players go down to Earth to retrieve some stuff for an employer. You could tweak it so that they're sent to find a specific person's stack or backup. It could be a very rich person's loved one or some genuinely important pre-Fall scientist or g-man, depending on what your players' motivations are.

It should probably serve as the culmination of your campaign, since a trip to Earth is in no way a common occurrence and even getting down there is a major op in itself. As to why a bunch of orbital scavengers would be hired to visit TITAN country, I'd imagine there aren't all that many people with the vocation of "Ego Scavenger", so you can just play the "I need people with specific talents" card.

If they survive and your players want to keep the campaign going, you could further use it as a tie-in to the Reclaimer movement operating near and around Earth.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/57493/eclipse-phase-noobs-welcome-and-encouraged

What is going on with the green lady, is she an infomorph or is this a cameleon cloak or what in the fuck

Honestly, no idea.

So, what kind of stats would this morph have?

Can't really tell anything about it besides the weird legs. Maybe a faster run movement rate?

There could be a huge amount of gear hiding below the surface, but biomorphs are hard to identify with just a surface look. Could be a splicer to fast Fury.

Hypercorps are all about expansion and cornering any market they're in, but with the inner system markets pretty much sorted out, they've got little room left to expand. Barring a major shift in the power balance, of course. So what's outside is nothingness, old jovian economy which won't let them in and the non-extropian autonomists...who...pretty much let anyone in?

>but user, theey hate corps and their economic system is fucked

Well it's still a market. If autonomists would accept infugees on their hab, why not a sales rep? Even better, send them infugees that are your sales reps. If they defect, their useless refugee asses are now the bleeding heart lefties' problem.

And if they don't, they start selling them the trinkets and shit.

So what can a hypercorp sell in a rep economy? Nothing lol. Because there's no money.

But it(or rather the sales rep)could gain rep by not being an asshole and acting socially responsible. And rep is basically currency. You can even convert it to credit on Luna, lol.

Of course there's the problem of what exactly they would do to gain rep from people who literally worship marx. It's actually pretty simple. Handouts, services, know-how. Basically charity work. No high-end shit or advice, basic blueprints, software patches, starter kits, customer service. Customer service for anyone who uses the corp's IP. It's higher quality than ancom self-help bullshit for sure. So they'll eat it up. And since they'd steal it anyway, why not get some rep for the trouble? Then you can use it to gain leverage in their habitat, or use lunar financial magic to turn it into real money. So the corp basically receives money for being nice to people, which is what the devs' wet dream of an economy is basically all about.

It's a bouncer

>If the indentures you paid good money for defect you shouldn't care
lolwut?
>sell trinkets to the autonomists
How? They'll just fab that shit.
>Customer service for anyone who is using a jailbroken, heavily modified copy of your shit
They're probably just going to check stackexchange
>Corporations provide better customer service than some guy on the internet
I suppose it is a fictional setting, but this is stretching my suspension of disbelief

Cool story Brahman.

Yes, provided the profit made with turning rep gained for charity into credit with lunar bank magic outweighs the total cost, including loss from one-time investments into defectors.

>How? They'll just fab that shit.
Sorry, i meant trinkets figuratively. Trinkets=just being nice to the anarchists.

Yes, provided the profit made with turning rep gained for charity into credit with lunar bank magic outweighs the total cost, including loss from one-time investments into defectors.

>How? They'll just fab that shit.
Sorry, i meant trinkets figuratively. Trinkets=just being nice to the anarchists.

Though I guess you could give them blueprints of some of your last season shit for free and that'd already entitle you to a rep ping from anyone who takes it? The hypercorps make new shit all the time so what's the problem with giving away the outdated stuff as open source?

>They're probably just going to check stackexchange
Sure, if they think that the bootlegger, whose halfass job gave them the problem in the first place, provides better user support than the company that actually made that shit he based his hack job on.

Which is also why bootlegs quickly killed capitalism in the 1990s when China took off with its People's Bootleg Collectives.

>Yes, provided the profit made with turning rep gained for charity into credit with lunar bank magic outweighs the total cost, including loss from one-time investments into defectors.
Why would a defecting indenture give any rep at all to the corp?

>Sure, if they think that the bootlegger, whose halfass job gave them the problem in the first place, provides better user support than the company that actually made that shit he based his hack job on.
Have you ever called a customer support line before?

>Which is also why bootlegs quickly killed capitalism in the 1990s when China took off with its People's Bootleg Collectives.
There's tons of free software that has squeezed out previous commercial software. In a future with fabbers, why would physical objects be any different?

Ah but you see, this'll never be in canon since the devs can't imagine a capitalist who isn't a greybeard conservative suit.

>Why would a defecting indenture give any rep at all to the corp?
Of course the ones defecting would be a net loss, but you seem to be working on an assumption that every single hypercorp sales representative would defect to the anarchists.

>Have you ever called a customer support line before?
Just because modern customer service mostly sucks doesn't mean it has to be that way forever and no one can do it right. Or is there some rule that says all user support must be shit?

>There's tons of free software that has squeezed out previous commercial software. In a future with fabbers, why would physical objects be any different?
I guess they would for the same reason there's still plenty of commercial software around, and it doesn't look like its producers are going out of business anytime soon.

>you seem to be working on an assumption that every single hypercorp sales representative would defect to the anarchists.
You specified indentures. Can you provide a single reason that an indenture wouldn't defect given such a chance?

>Can you provide a single reason that an indenture wouldn't defect given such a chance?
How about this: they are given an incentive for staying on the corp's leash that has a perceived value(from the indenture's perspective)higher than that of joining an anarchist collective?

Such as?

Credits? Options? A premium morph? Travel-while-working-for-us lifestyle? Resettlement of you and your resleeved family in a gated community in the PC polity of your choice, with all your needs taken care of? Joining the hypercorp? Anything the fuck you want, as long as you're turning in profit?

Sidewalks, cheap buildings, and foundations on Mars are made out of this stuff. How do you feel about that?

I'm not sure you really understand the concept of indenture. With what you're talking about you would be better off using a (legally) free employee since they have no up-front cost and the indenture would provide no benefit in this situation.

However, I would assert that actually sending employees there would be pretty pointless as you would have much better ROI from just releasing service guides and old blueprints for free on the net.

>I would assert that actually sending employees there would be pretty pointless as you would have much better ROI from just releasing service guides and old blueprints for free on the net.
You're definitely right about that being more efficient, though I'm unsure if a corp would be recognized by anarchists if it used a single rep account, since, being not really governed by any law, anarchists have zero reasons to recognize legal entities. Having representatives was meant to circumvent that, so their rep accounts would be shell accounts for the hypercorp's activity. But if they're gonna be retarded enough to have the corp be able to accumulate rep from all the autonomist habs it operates on, sure that's even better for the corp.

What is it?

50% sulfur, 50% martian soil with a maximum aggregate size of 1mm.

But if you use a sales rep they magically become stupid and don't care about the exact same thing happening?

It's a contract where you sell your labor for a period of time via an unbreakable contract.

Well, for one the sales rep's account is, strictly speaking, their reputation, not the corp's. From a new economy perspective, the person is using their reputation on behalf of the corp. So if the corp brought in a new sales rep, they would have to basically start from scratch.

The sales rep also acts as a sort of guarantor of the corp's good conduct. The anarchists can't really get back at the corp if they get fucked over in a deal. But they could lynch its sales representative.

>50% sulfur
Holy shit where are you supposed to get that much sulfur on Mars?

>unbreakable contract.
No such thing, hence GSPs and other shittery.

or they could forcibly send the sales rep away, or not accept them whatsoever, thus foiling the deviously simple corporate plot. Besides, its really obvious where the real expansion market is.

That's bullshit weaseling and absolutely everyone would see it. With no centralized legal structure to bribe for loopholes, you're left with precisely the same obstacles as you would without a sales rep.

Plus, businesses have independent rep scores. Check out the traits in Transhuman.

>The anarchists can't really get back at the corp if they get fucked over in a deal.
They can ding its rep
The rep sword cuts both ways.

Highly relevant link

>childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/2016/04/29/misconceptions-about-space-warfare/

It's not really a plot, I'm just thinking of a way for hypercorps to make a profit off usage of its IP that's gonna happen anyway.

I suppose you're right, but I think that could be circumvented. Though I don't really want to carry that idea on. I wasn't aware of it being estabilished that a business has a separate rep score even when it's anarchist.

You're right, I didn't think of that lol.

So given all that, what's stopping a hypercorp from making an @-rep account and just flooding anarchist mesh with opensourced out-of-date merchandise for some free rep?

>So given all that, what's stopping a hypercorp from making an @-rep account and just flooding anarchist mesh with opensourced out-of-date merchandise for some free rep?
Other corps, probably.

Then how would they do it? It's not like they can stop it from just posting the blueprints on the part of mesh they don't control, right?

All over the fucking place. There's fucktons of it.

>we convinced him to go with a neotenic
Friends don't make friends play lolis.

Why not a Neotenic Olympian?

>So given all that, what's stopping a hypercorp from making an @-rep account and just flooding anarchist mesh with opensourced out-of-date merchandise for some free rep?
Mostly the fact that the anarchists already stole that merch ages ago, and as such it's already available.

Yeah, this. Pirates, hackers and open source advocates spend a lot of that Autonomist free time cracking every blueprint or soft that comes out of a hypercorp day 1. Hell, some of them do it day 0.

That looks useful -- thanks for the tip.

If they existed my group would play nothing else. Except Dave, Dave will always be a space whale. Fucking Dave.

They do exist. Apply Reduced Size and Social Stigma (Neotenic) to any normal biomorph without negative traits, as per Morph Variant rules. You now have a neotenic version of that morph for 20CP less than the normal version.

This is a flat upgrade over the base neotenic, short of 1 initiative, and it costs 5 less CP.
This system seems built to be broken.

The prices they set are pretty awful for lots of stuff anyway. At only 10CP (10,000 credits), it makes sense why someone would go for a baseline Neotenic Exalt. This isn't really the case when it's 30CP.

So, why would anyone use flayer rounds over biter?

For when you absolutely, positively have to do more than +1 DV.
Seriously though, I assume they're for NPCs.

+2 actually. Apparently there's a house rule somewhere that says flayers can be combined with other types.

They do a bit more damage than biters against fractals and maybe factors. Not really worth in that case though.

>humanoid neotenic pod
>0 CP

Hmm.

I'm not sure Neoteny applies to Pods given how they are made.

Pods can be customized as easily as any other morph, it's just a matter of tweaking the inputs on multiple parts rather than one.

Hell, with the Pods' already diminished growth times, a neotenic Pod could be functional even sooner. Maybe. Maybe not. But just think of how much quicker you could pump out your secretaries and janitors and and other such Pod-job morphs for your hypercorp!

It would take reconfiguring multiple tissue-growth tanks, admittedly, which wouldn't make it a common thing in a Pod plant, but...

>tfw all of the roll20 applicants for Eclipse Phase all have characters that are poorly disguised fetishes

I have no fucking interest in your character if you begin your physical appearance description by describing your neotenic's throbbing babby cock.

what roll20 EP game?

Where are the rules for these varient morphs? Like this 'any morph can be a neotenic' thing mentioned in t his thread. Which book, I mean.

Transhuman, and possibly recollected in MRG.

The neotenic thing is an extrapolation based on the rules mind, not an explicit example.

ty

Yes, this is exactly what happened.

Does anyone have a mirror for the chargen in the title?

puush
/romnz/ac3e31f99e.rar

You can't do it with most pods, since they already have a negative trait. You're only allowed -20CP worth of negative traits. which is all taken by Reduced Size and Social Stigma (Neotenic).

Probably the one I'm hosting. I'm having problems trying to find a last person to join as there's too many people asking at once and shit.

I think that's only for creating new morphs. A Variant can have up to 20 CP swing of new traits on top of what the morph starts with

Yes, this is EXACTLY what happened.

No, mine. (Unless you also got the creepy lolita garbage.) It's not set to public; I've been sending out invitations anywhere but Veeky Forums or roll20.

That might have been a huge mistake.

It looks like if I'm ever going to be able to play Eclipse Phase I'm going to have to GM.

Are there any podcasts I can listen to? Just to get the idea of the world and general atmosphere.

if you send an email to me and let me apply I can get you the singularity character generator. (I bought a group license)

I already have several characters pre-made.

my email is [email protected]

Beware!

I love Judas Priest unironically...

youtube.com/watch?v=JhY9GOhFwN4

Know evil

I think I'm just gonna stick with my 3 players for now. Maybe I'll get a 4th later.

I already got the Singularity generator too. Kinda disappointed with it, but it's functional, I guess. I wish they updated it at least semi-regularly.

well let me know if you need a 4th, cause I've got a techie, a tank, a face, and a twitch fighter all ready to go

also my camera and mike work, and I have skype already installed.

you don't actually have a game, do you?

No. I'm sorry for lying user, I know that Eclipse Phase games do not actually exist

thenk yew

I'll host one, but I get to wear a spiderman mask.

Only if I can wear an El Santo mask.