The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Remember when I said I wouldn't make another thread? I fucking lied.

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!
Last Thread: Writefagging last time: Fucking none

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository
drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bqTtfMpEHWVUI5dURzakE4VWc

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11297610
youtube.com/watch?v=5g3hLXcQp3A
magic.wizards.com/en/story/planeswalkers/tezzeret
magiccards.info/scans/en/mm2/63.jpg
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxMXBoWDBKUzhFQjg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxTWVBMmQ0YUhkdTQ?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYXU5eG05bmtxR0k/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxZGlXeUhDYkFwdnM?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdjdLZHZjbGtHYUU/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRHNMbDBZLVVtSzg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxak41NUZTZjRmMkU?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNnVnU2NVOFFJVWM?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNHFXVVFvQnpJX3M/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yay!

SO ANONS, HOW WAS YOUR FLAKE'S FIRST VISIT TO KALADESH (How'd your pre-release go)

>Venn dabbles in Black Mana over Red.
>Meets up with Ghonti.
>Learns to artifice with a Master Trinketeer
>Sneaks off to a Conceled Courtyard to evade the Consols.
>Takes the Noxious Gearhulk for a ride.

...I may just write this.

>During each round, flakes will be assigned to random opponents in single-elimination tournament fashion.
>Flakes will be treated as though they are all neowalkers in order to create a balance of power.
>Flakes with meme-levels of power will be treated as though they weren’t.
>Flakes that directly contradict lore, especially by going against or interacting inappropriately with canon characters, will be disqualified.
>Flakes that are joke or troll flakes will be disqualified. The use of silver-bordered cards in a flake’s preferred spell list automatically disqualifies them.

>During the first round, all flakes will be placed into the roster randomly. Flakes that are disqualified will give their random opponents a bye for the round.
>During the first round, flakes will be revealed in smaller groups, noting disqualifications and asking the thread if they wish to disqualify anyone else.

>During each round, small groups of flake match-ups will be revealed
>Arguments will take place in the thread and votes will be taken from the polls over which flake is likely to prevail over the other.
>After each round, the flakes that move on will be re-randomized on the roster to make match-ups unpredictable.

>Match-Up rules will treat both competing flakes in a match as though they are both forced into conflict with the other, and neither is allowed to planeswalk away until a winner is determined. Flakes will be treated as though they start with zero assisting summons and will not have prepared for this encounter.

Wrapping up Round Three tonight, folks. Madness ensues in Round Four.

> Nico dabbles in r/g
> gets to run multiple trains
> meets the u/g chick that no one else gets to play
> never met Chandra the whole time
> only wins half of his matches because no good w/b spells
> still gets prizes
> left with the biggest mythic train as a prize
> not great, but had fun

>Iosha arrives on Kaladesh, looking forward to borrowing stealing some nice new artifacts
>befriends a bunch of dwarves
>most of her first few adventures are bad breaks, usually end in her running from the Consulate
>she gets herself aboard the Skysovereign
>starts raining fire upon her enemies, cackling while shooting whales from the

>Remes immediately starts planning on how to steal as many projects as possible.
>Cala is swept up in how cool everything is. Chaos will ensue later.
>Jakrol is drinking.
>Winifred is having fun.
>Wyston is concerned about aetherborn.

>Yao Shen meets up with Chandra and her mom
>they go around burning shit on top of a huge train
>leading a huge stampede of beasts
>this one fucker on the train keeps attaching swords to all the tigers

>Dyna gets hopped up on energy and goes on a rampage, partying hard enough the Sky Sovereign crashes and burns when it comes to stop her

...Yeah, that actually sounds pretty accurate.

>Hondick decides to go U/G
>Offended by the vehicles (didn't get any)
>Makes friends with the UG girl
>Sees the RW dwarf but doesn't hang around with her
>crashes and burns in most matches
>Goes off to sleep instead of continued participation.

An automaton clanked into an outlying guardpost, just beyond Ghirapur's walls, carrying a tightly bound prisoner. It dropped its parcel on þe ground in front of a guard who sneered down at a bedraggled man in an unusual mix of piecemeal armour and rags. He appeared to be covered in a white dust drenched in a distinct and almost suffocating odour. 'Pesticide?' He wondered. Regardless, it's a suspicious, to say þe least, figure skulking around just outside city limits: he had to be up to some sort of no good, and, as a guard, it was his job to figure out what his scheme was. He did his best to ignore þe chemical smell and cleared his þroat to begin his interrogation, before being interrupted, "I don't know what you're using to clean out your gremlins, but you should try someþing a little more potent."

I can't imagine Skyre travelling for pleasure much outside of looking for a way to get killed and stay killed. My promo is going in my deck I based him off of, however.

Here's a dare for people that regularly draft on Friday nights:

Pick a flake, get in their head, and try to draft and play like they would.

20 Minutes left to vote before this Round ends.

Who's the wise-ass who voted to cause a tie in the three-way. At the last possible moment?

Me, I should've checked first since I actually didn't care too much and picked one at random. I've just been told if anyone votes in one, he should vote in all. Discredit my vote.

noooooo

Can't just take your word for it, amigo. We've gotta throw down the hard way, now.

Welcome to sudden death between Starke and Anna as the finale for Round Three. The polls go up immediately and end at the normal midday time. Round Four starts in about 24 hours.

strawpoll.me/11297610

>a final showdown between two of my flakes.

Then you tell us. Who would win?

youtube.com/watch?v=5g3hLXcQp3A

are we dead yet?

>Murdock gets hired for taking down other participants in the fair
>ends up devising a plan involving a whole lot of vehicles
>it backfires- kinda. Nothing goes as planned but vehicle ramming is still successful.
>ends up crashing a train in the skyship's sovereign and being faced with both Kambal and Baan Both of whom i got in the prize packs
>gets away by looting a Mastercrafted Cataclysmic Gearhulk and getting away on his backs
Being the only one to unbox a mastercrafted creation was rewarding even though it is the one I need the least.

Anyone got any MtG novels or know where to torrent them? I've found very few, mostly on TPB, and none of the ones that actually interest me.

Never mind, PDF share thread recommended Libgen, and one of the direct link/mirror sites works like a wonder.

The last magic story was pretty nice.
Isn't there any discussion left from them? I only find those snoflake threads nowadays.

We talked about it a bit last thread. Therewas also a lore thread up for it a few days ago. YYou're welcome to talk about it here if you like.

I think Izari would be fascinated by the Aetherborn, and the Aether in general. Not only that, the tech would be quite new for her since the most advanced place she travelled was Ravinica.

Someone at my LGS got a Light and Shadow AND a Chandra.

So at this point the aetherborn are heavily hinted to be elementals or elemental-like beings, and it's actually Lili who is spilling spaghetti for Jace instead of the other way around as we all expected.

Masterpiece. And still a $40~ card. Well done.

Yeah it is just a shame that white is as far from my usual playtstyle as I am from putting any effort in competitive deckbuilding. I was basically there hoping for the odd Sol Ring and nothing else.
Given that I pulled Baan and Gearhulk, can me and this guy swap one of our picks and put the things back into some sort of karmic balance?

The following Flakes move on to the next Round:

>Andromeda
>Amund
>Cala
>Anna

Round Four begins in about twelve hours. See you all then.

I cannot contain my excrement

You should go see a doctor.

Why? He's not going to contain it for him.

That was Nissa trying to understand them. Aetherborn are basically living beings created from the refinement of aether. They'd be elementals if they were made of aether, but they're not really.
It's kind of like they're made of the concept of used energy than anything tangible to be made out of.

I suppose you missed the bit where the PoV aetherborn detected Nissa's elemental summoning magic, but knew it wasn't meant for him (it was meant for the elemental being summoned).

She didn't summon a metal so much as manipulate his potted plant.
But of course he felt it. Aetherborn are part of the aether cycle, and Nissa, a nature mage basically pinged and drew from the natural aether, which they're a part of.

Throw in the fact that she basically "asks" for help instead of commands and the Aetherborn sense energy and especially aether and it would have been surprising for him not to feel it.

>*didn't summon an elemental
I have no idea what happened there

You're typing from your shitty phone, vronak, that's what.

Speaking of: What are the chances that Yahenni's getting a card in aether revolt? Do we have precedence of someone staring in a story then getting a card next set, or do they typically have to be some same set kind of thing?

>Meet Chandra and talk about how cool burning things is.
>Fall out when Chandra talks shit about the consulate and Serena asks who would build the roads.
>Use a massive gearhulk to obliterate rebels while hanging with some cool 4 armed angel.
>End up getting beat up by a hitler elf

My pulls were dumb but Nissa just fucked me in the finals.

>Tereza is disturbed at the lack of spirits all over the place, probably stumbles around exasperated until she is lost in some dismal back alley.
>Proceeds to geist snatch the fuck out of a poor Aetherborn mugger.
>Leaves the silly artificers to their toys.

Is there even any necromancy on Kaladesh?

Seems to me that, like most rebel movements, Kaladeshi renegades are fucking idiots. Instead of investigating and going after the corrupt Consulate officials that they proclaim to hate so much, they paint advertisements for their movement on perfectly nice walls and perform generic arson.

Even if they succeed in their eventual goal of ridding the government of corruption (and lets be honest here, they will, because lol Gatewatch) they are likely to bring down all of the government in doing so, not just the few bad bits in charge.

Or they would if the creative team had any balls. Instead we probably won't even see the consequences of their uprising.

This is why we can't nice things. And murder and repression free communism, but I repeat myself.

it's an up-in-the-air sort of thing with named characters

we had characters named on OG Innistrad cards that starred in an UR story that didn't get a card, and we've had people with neither card quotes nor stories that got cards. I think MaRo said it's a crapshoot about whether or not story characters get cards or not.

>Is there even any necromancy on Kaladesh?
Maybe like 1 or 2 necromancers in the entire plane. Natural mages are extremely rare and restricted, so any necromancers are probably killed on sight.

Pretty much.

There were tons of characters in the Ravnica block that got legendary cards, but didn't appear in the books. In the same way, a lot of the named characters in the books didn't get cards.

Pretty good lore establishment with the cards, but yeah...

>Print a set of 2 legendaries per 10 Guilds.
>20 legendaries for the whole block.
>Use them to establish the guildmaster and the guild's champion.
>About half of the champions never appear in the story.

Fast-forward to RtR:
>Lots of the old characters from the story are just missing or shunted out of the way.
>Replaced champions with mazerunners this time.
>Some guildmasters have still never gotten any spotlight, and some mazerunners are more or less overlooked in story.

I, the mighty DIOMEDES, would fight anyone who looked like a challenge!

Rynn would study the shit out of the place, and Domoyl would get mad money hunting down the rebel leadership.

Haathe is horrified, Bluefingers' demon sees a new playground, Praea accidentally invents the slot machine but it won't stop landing on jackpots for her. Rezana tries to find out what the local music is like.

>I'm Vronak for pointing out that no, aetherborn are not elementals.
Are you stupid?

RIP in peace Malek.

>melek.

If the consulate is that easy to have corrupt individuals in it, as well as being utterly repressive enough for rebels in general, why do you think it's better left standing?

Additionally, how do you know they aren't going to try and replace the government with a more mundane or fair one instead of the "We decide what you do and how you do it." type of absolute authority the consulate seems to have?
I know this site is strangely anti-rebel/revolutionary lately, but it's starting to veer straight into "The empire did nothing wrong/the rebels did everything wrong/The death star was really an Imperial power factory filled with innocents" territory.

Though yeah, the spray painting is petty, but the early phase of all revolutions is leaving your logo everywhere to get the word out. Posters and spray paint is just the efficient way to do it.

To me, what is bothersome is that they expect us to be in the rebels' part when the only hin hat seems to move them is "the consulate is not giving us enough aether, we deserve to have more". Says who? You? It is not even like the whole consultate is evil, people like Baan wil probably end up being prefectly fine.
But oh well, murrica being murrica, we have to make the communist government be bad and corrupted to the bone and the rebels who follow the american dream of seizing what they want with their own hands are the good guys.

Literally only appeared long enough for Ral to go "PSYCHE" and insta-gib him and take his spot.

Original cynical toon Link poster here. It's not that bad. The Consulate has undeniably corrupt oligarchs in power at the very top, the creative team aren't completely retarded. Just mostly. All of your other points I agree with.

>"the consulate is not giving us enough aether, we deserve to have more"
I mean, the government is literally basically saying "Only the rich and their patrons deserve electricity. Go back to your candles peasants."
Then there was the cop in the last story, who basically couldn't go two sentences without threatening to shut down and arrest everyone at the party because Yaheeni complained that he was causing a scene.
Then there's the obvious "confiscate everything" situation that's about to ensue, and a reminder that they've been this bad since Chandra was a kid, minimum, and might have been getting worse.
Individuals may be fine, but the consulate is basically Azorius-tier obstructive on basically "Izzet, the plane" So that's why it has to go.

Besides, if 'Murrica freedom yeah' was the theme they were going for, we wouldn't have left Innistrad happily under the rule of the church of all things.

Ral is a murderer and should be punished.

I am all about some honest to Marx revolution, but this time it just feels... weak? I feel like they didn't explore the methods of the consulate, or even those of the rebels, at all other than painting them as corrupted and pretty childish, respectively. And we are just left to root for the faction that has Chandra's mom in it anf0d against the one that has Tezzeret, in the usual walker-centric wank. I mean, what do the rebels want to do? What are their plans once they get to seize power? Why is their boss named like a Decepticon?
Also we left Inninstrad doing everything but "happily", really.
I appreciate the wind waker reference. Keep linkposting

And they locked up a dying aetherborn up for stealing some shit and they decided to keep the guy who killed a village to justify executing a little girl.

>The decepticon thing again
I know we're on opposite sides of this debate, but I do want to say that I would laugh I don't know how hard if Pia suddenly goes full Megatron and Aether Revolt is a "Fall of Cybertron" tier civil war, complete with Return to Kaladesh being the two warring tribes laying waste to this once great shining place, fighting over the last few scrapes of energon aether.
It ends with the consulate, led by Dovin because he's all that's left of the authority, converting their skyship into an interplanar vessel and trying to leave, only to be followed by Pia and her gang of elite rebels. They both crash land on Murganda and we go Beast Wars.

I just find it amusing she is called Renegade Prime, if it has sparked further discussions I was not aware of it.

Oh it didn't, spark much discussion, the decepticon name thing is just funny, so I outlined the basic story of Fall of Cybertron with a reference to Miracle of Sound

Autobots, Crew Out!

Artifact creature getting s "spark" when?

>they have to convert their bodies to inorganic materials to be able to travel.

We already have that. He's a Silver Golem.

When that one inventor finishes their experiments.

Though To be fair the first thing i thought is that we are going to get Kaladesh Metroid soon. Hell, is Skythiryx Ridley?

Technically, Tezzeret is an artifact creature just like the rest of the etherium lich lords.

except he isn't?
The only lich we have on Esper is all metal now, Tezz still has plenty of his body even though he thinks the lich achieved perfection.

Every single being with etherium is an artifact creature. So, yes. Tezzeret would be an artifact as well.

This is stretching the meaning of "artifact creature" a little too far. You've generalized it way too much.

There are tons of people with augmentations on Mirrodin that don't count as artifact creatures. Most examples of beings that are artifact creatures who are etherium-made are more machine than person. Tezzeret has a pretty good amount of etherium on him compared to a lot of the peers that he grew up around, but it's only one limb. He is very much more person than machine at this point.

And his abdomen I believe

It's not really a stretch. You compare Mirrodin but they're just people with a bit of metal growing out them. Etherium limbs are 100% artifact, to the point where a minotaur with etherium horns is an artifact creature.

Here's another example, Vectis agent pretty much just has an arm and a leg replaced and she's 100% artifact.

Etherium by itself doesn't make you partially artifact true, but Tezzeret has basically the equivalent of an artifact limb attached to him, plus whatever upgrades he got as the Agent of Bolas.

Plus here's a picture of Tezzeret without his armor. There's no way he wouldn't be an artifact creature

You wanna source that?

Aside from the fact that's obviously his arm, and his beard? That's the from the vault exiled artwork for tinker.
magic.wizards.com/en/story/planeswalkers/tezzeret

WotC is nice enough to attach every card with flavor text that mentions Tezzeret, flavor text that quotes Tezzeret, or artwork that has Tezzeret in it. Since Tinker doesn't have Tezzeret flavor text but DOES appear on the page, that means that the art s probably Tezzeret.

If that's not enough for you, here's the background picture of that page, showing what's under Tezzeret's armor again.

If THAT's not enough for you, here's Tezzeret's Gambit, where Tezzeret doesn't even cover up the magical artifact void he calls a waist. magiccards.info/scans/en/mm2/63.jpg

In fact, that page on Tezzeret has the picture from itself in the image gallery, so what else could it be if not an image of Tezzeret?

Meant the picture from

Way to fly the fuck off the handle when given a simple question.

Whenever someone asks for source, especially in a way like half the time the response is to assume your dealing with Vronak and to smash any hopes of a counter argument down as far as possible before he can even get started.

If you're not him, then sorry. If you are, then you had it coming and you know it.

Plus the thread needed bumping anyway

Don't just assume that anyone is Vronak. That's a terrible way to live.

I just wanted to ask about the Kaladesh native snowflakes out right now.

I've had ideas for my first flake, but the new setting has provided me with good inspiration for something I think will be truly fun.

Hopefully can post it before night is over. Where do people go to for art?

Veeky Forums art threads. Or boorus.

Note: Not all boorus are ideal.

google

WELCOME TO ROUND FOUR.

The entire Round will consist solely of THREE-FLAKE FREE-FOR-ALLS. Every Flake that has made it this far has endured multiple challenges to get here, but this will finally thin the herd down to the most powerful Flakes. One tenth of all Flakes will become one third.

LET US BEGIN!

The first match-ups for Round Four are as follows:

>Bavara VS Ussa VS Venn
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxMXBoWDBKUzhFQjg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxTWVBMmQ0YUhkdTQ?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYXU5eG05bmtxR0k/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxZGlXeUhDYkFwdnM?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdjdLZHZjbGtHYUU/view?usp=sharing

>Amund VS Nishal VS Anna
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRHNMbDBZLVVtSzg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxak41NUZTZjRmMkU?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNnVnU2NVOFFJVWM?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxNHFXVVFvQnpJX3M/view?usp=sharing

DISCUSS!

Math, folks. One in three of one tenth of the Flakes will be here when this Round is over. Leaving us with only eight.

In short, Round Five will be the Quarterfinals.

>That first match-up
The fuck is that?

>That second match-up
Now THAT's a crazy fight.

>That second fight
cat climbs tree
tree cannot fight cat because cat is already in tree, nishal beats amund then loses to anna because he is stuck in tree

Nothing to say about the second one, but just a quick note about the first one is that I've always thought of Ussa as having an advantage over Bavara. Don't think a free-for-all environment will change that.

Ok guys, I know that Ice Age user doesn't actually read so we can all agree to make sure all of the votes are tied
right?

Venn is fucked.

Literally.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

That being said, if Bavara and Ussa are focusing on each other, Venn can build up off to the side and take pot shots, before casting a sudden FIGHT TO THE DEATH and completely fuck up their boardstates.

Would Amund start "REEEEEEEEEEE"ing at Nishal?

Nice try, you son of a bitch.

Three-way ties will be handled by RNG. Two flakes that tie for the win will all have sudden death matches at the end of the Round.

what if we make the sudden death tie?

The same thing that happens whenever a normal tie occurs.

I flip a coin.
So, creating intentional ties just to hassle me is actually only really shooting yourselves in the foot, because it takes away your ability to determine the outcome. Ties should happen naturally because you vote for the flake that you think would win, rather than because you are a prat.