Warhammer Fantasy General: Marius Leitdorf edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy. Some people are still SJW level triggered by endtimes so I'm required to say that you should limit discussion about it since its seen as the start of AoS even though this hasn't stopped anyone. If anything, please limit the shitposting. If you don't like something (like Endhammer) just ignore it.
Also, why count Leitdorf was/is best count.

Link to last thread:>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

As you managed to let old general die I repost the basics, please shitpost with care.

Karl Franz arranged for Marius Leitdorf to be killed.

>brings count who is the biggest liability to the empire armies into a conflict that could change their history forever if it made it out of blackfire pass
>lets him fight the orc warlord first

Karl was setting him up for failure

Who is the best knightly order and why is it the order of the blazing sun?
>do other things than fighting
>want to help people have a better life
>teach little empire kids to read.
>have libraries where they preserve knowledge
>worship a qt goddess
>said goddess is not an elf.
>shiny armor
>everyone loves them
>aren't disgusting to look at like the Ulricans.

>call themselves knights
>can't play a lute on horseback and still fight the enemy

What does a babby orc look like?

Like a regular orc but a bit smaller. theyre pretty independant and can fight from the moment they're born

>wot you larfin' at, 'oomie? I'z gonna krump ya proppa!

Like a noxious smelling mushroom

Any ideas on how to convert kislevs?
Free company is dead, Bretonnians are dead and those are the usually bits I see used for conversions along with greenstuff fur hats and cuffs.

At this point, you should start looking for third-party models. Maybe mix in some Norse Marauders for mustaches and beards.

Probably because it's the Order of the Raven.
>knights of Morr
>black armor
>keep undead in their place
>silence on duty and in battle
>creepy as all hell
>some think they're undead
>the most devout cut our their tongues

>creepy
>deal with corpses
>mutilate themselves
fucking emos.

If you were dropped into the Warhammer world (Fantasy) right now as you are in your normal attire and all your current knowledge - approximately 20 years before the "End Times" - where would you prefer to land?

you can take a rucksack full of our world stuff, what would you take?

And finally what would you do? How would you survive? Who would you seek out?

I would want to be plonked down in Middenheim, would have a rucksack filled with two pistols and a fair amount of ammo and some Warhammer reference books - the old World of Warhammer one that detailed each race and their history and had a time line.

I would seek out Gotrek and Felix and stick to these two like fucking glue (best chance of survival) and just try to get the empire and dwarves to build a big fuck off Trump style wall half way through Kislev, cause the auric bastion is shitty

>where would you prefer to land?
Marienburg. My inner-dorf wants to say Barak-Varr or the Everpeak, but I don't think I'd be able to blend in or get by unnoticed there. Plus I am stupidly afraid of heights.

>what would you take?
My WFRP gear - specifically stuff like the Marienburg and Middenheim guidebooks, but also anything I can get on the 'End TImes' - getting that info into the hands of people who could make a difference would be my primary goal if I wanted to enjoy a retirement. Other than that, I'd grab a few of my science text-books, some sheet music and maybe my kindle loaded with as much reference books as I can find and a solar-charger. Swap all my money over for gold/silver. Given the current prices of gold and silver and their value in the Old World, I'd probably want more silver.

>And finally what would you do? How would you survive? Who would you seek out?

Set myself up in Marienburg. Start plagiarizing my ass off - sheet music, plays, books, scientific treatise, whatever I have in my Kindle. Use my Marienburg guidebook to keep out of the worst danger and get a bit of a headsup to any shit that might befall us.

Hopefully after doing that for a bit and getting a name set up for myself I might be able to write up about the End Times and have someone listen to my warnings.

Also...

>I would seek out Gotrek and Felix and stick to these two like fucking glue (best chance of survival)

Those two literally throw themselves at danger on a regular basis because one is a suicidal psychopath with a death fetish and the other is too dumb/scared to not follow him. The number of people who die around them is retarded. You're going to die.

>I might be able to write up about the End Times and have someone listen to my warnings.
becoming a flagellant sounds like a very shitty life

How much time before GW decides it's better to bring bak fantasy and does a "avoid end times" AoS story where sigmar goes back in time and squishes Mannfred on the head?

Never. AoS is a significantly better game and selling much better over all.

so it begins.

>becoming a flagellant sounds like a very shitty life

Nah, don't have to go around screeching. If, after publishing who-knows-how-much on science, the arts, music and what the fuck ever else I can get my hands on they still don't listen to my 'hey, this shit could happen', then they deserve what they get.

The real trick is how to make sure that what I'm writing spreads out beyond just the Empire.

I'd be tempted to write it up in Khazalid, but I think that might get me killed.

Its not like imperials don't know eltharin, elves like books.

>Its not like imperials don't know eltharin,

As a rule, I'd say that your standard citizen of the Empire who was educated enough to read probably couldn't read Eltharin.

Kral Franz is a fishmen in disguise.
Summon elector counts, we must deal with the imposter.

Anybody have a PDF of Forge of War?

This action does not have my consent!

Gather everything i can on the end times and the period i appear in.

Place is, the imperial palace at altdorf.

Tell franz about something that is going to happen soon to gain his trust, and allow his sorcerers and grand theogonist to scan me for chaos taint.

After gaining his trust, reveal him about parts of end times.
Then travel to meet Finubar, malekith, thorgrim, louen and basically all the "good guys"leaders

Foretell about Valten to luthor Huss, warn about Archaon, and tell them about his true nature.

Then meet my end by going to archaon and calling him a retard, quickly explaining why and how the gods tricked him and telling everyone the truth about him before he feeds me to his chaos spawns

>Place is, the imperial palace at altdorf.

Do you speak Reikspeil? Because I'm pretty sure if you just pop into the Imperial Palace with a shitload of books printed in a language they can't understand, you're going to get splattered really quick.

Even assuming that Reikspeil = English, what makes you think they'll not just lock you up and take all the material you have on the End Times and go over it themselves?

Either way it's a win. I just need for someone to believe what's written in the books, no need to survive.
I wouln't even want to live in the warhammer world, where drinking water gives you Nurgle's rot

I was going to specify tha i also have copies of book in reikspiel, but didn't bother assuming that you automatically know the language of the place you spawn in

>you can take a rucksack full of our world stuff, what would you take?
Sun charger and electronic device filled with all of current knowledge is a best thing you can get, make it two for redundancy purpose.
With bare know how and a bit of luck one could establish himself as one of world's experts in around 5-10 years.
That leaves 10 years for Nuln to make blueprints into real weapons.

Being everchosen with nice artifacts in nice, but what will you do when you are subject to indirect artillery fire from 20 miles?
Chaos gets rekt before kislev, GG, no re
In next 100 years population doubles, industrial output skyrockets. Norscans, hung, kurgan can't hope too keep up with it.

You could use historical minis of cossacks and the like. Perry has good ones iirc. Fireforge does mongols. In terms of armament there might be some overlap.
Pretty sure if you check out the Foundry page you'll find something useful too.

Frostgrave has a barbarian box coming out next, maybe there is some useful stuff in there too. Bearded manly men etc. Might be just as useful for Ulricans or as Marauders.

>If you were dropped into the Warhammer world (Fantasy) right now as you are in your normal attire and all your current knowledge - approximately 20 years before the "End Times" - where would you prefer to land?

Some cosy Bretonnian city.

>you can take a rucksack full of our world stuff, what would you take?

Guns and ammo.

>And finally what would you do? How would you survive? Who would you seek out?

Embrace Chaos, hope the Gods find me interesting enough, seek immortality.

>I would seek out Gotrek and Felix and stick to these two like fucking glue (best chance of survival)

Only if you're Gotrek or Felix their other companions typically don't fare so well.

>try to get the empire and dwarves to build a big fuck off Trump style wall half way through Kislev, cause the auric bastion is shitty

I doubt they'd have the time, resources or inclination.

How would you do fluff and crunch for the living Nehekarans?

Going from the william king Nagash books, like good aligned chaos warriors with less armor and more chariots/mounted units

Montfort, but only for now.

I would take a revolver and some ammo, and climbing equipment. Fill up the rest of my rucksack with as many bags of flour as I can.

First, I'd sell as much of my flour as possible to the peasants of Montfort. If a pig is considered a generous reward for them, I can likely make a lot of money off of a few cups of flour in the right places - or at least get a lot to barter and use myself or sell later. I'd try to get a hunting bow and arrows if I could.

Then, I'd use my climbing equipment to get up into the Grey Mountains and steal a hippogryph egg from its nest. I'd bring it back down and help it hatch and raise it. I'd probably have to sell a lot of what I've gained to keep it fed, or spend weeks trying to learn how to hunt to get it some meat, maybe even run from the nobility, but whatever I'd have to do would be worth it: I'd have a hippogryph, a mount that would give me considerably more status just by having it, and would allow much freer travel of the Old World without risking bandits or beastmen or Orcs. I'd just have to stop around mealtimes and probably hunt for my hippogryph's supper.

But what I'd do, I don't know. I'm stuck wearing a LoZ shirt, so I might try to claim a gold eagle on a green field is my heraldry and set myself up as a knight. I could also try setting myself up as a mercenary - it's a huge risk, but it's a little easier when you have a goddamn hippogryph.

Druchii bump.

I was thinking of starting another 9th age army. Toss up between scaven and tomb kings. Not sure what kind of 3rd party modles I would use or just get GW ones

>brets BTFO once again
Bretonnia is literally the NPC faction that all the other 8ed armies beat up on. Why does anyone even like this piece if shit faction? Post more brets gettin rekt

>tfw based Marius calls you out on your ugly as fuck wife so you launch a crusade only to get BTFO by guns
Bretonnia is a joke

>>I don't like faction
>>They get beaten in a book I wrote
It's like Batman getting oneshot because the guy writing it doesn't like Batman. Cool your opinions down.

But it happens all he time

That's the point. In everyone's army book there are examples of all other armies getting their asses kicked. The only difference is that GW couldn't be arsed to make a 7th or 8th edition Bretonnia book so it's like insulting a person online but they can't respond because they don't have a keyboard.

Literally every army book/codex

Except in this case, every other army is Batman or the Flash, and Brets are like...I dunno, Booster Gold.

Shut your mouth, I love Green Lantern.

Tomb kings only have 2 losses in other rulebooks, to the Ogres and dark elves. The ogres ended up getting wiped out and the dark elves got chased out and had to kill half their army just to escape.

Tomb KANGZ comfirmed best

They just didn't matter.

They sit around on their bony asses in the desert. The only time they get up is to shout 'get off my lawn'.

I mean I like Tomb Kings, but they just didn't do much. And they weren't their own army for that long either.

in 9th age whats the fucking point of nurgle demons?

they only gave them a fucking 5++ regen save, which does nothing since they already fucking have a 5++ demon save.

are the 9th age guys just retarded or was it a personal hatred of nurgle?

what's the best army for a beginner?

Ogres, maybe Warriors of Chaos. Low model count compared to everyone else and fairly simple tactics of 'kill everything before they kill you'.

This thread is teaching me that a lot of fa/tg/uys are semi-delusional about how long they'd last in the Warhammer world, or what they could really get away with.

Massive lols from the guy who thinks climbing a mountain and stealing a hippogryph egg would be a casual venture.

>stay in city
>dont join cults
>Pray to not get Mordheim'd
Its that easy.

Exactly.

Fuck, if you're really daring you can try appearing in to a Druchii city and attempting to sell Malekith on the idea that 'Hey, you were right all along, and this is all the shit that is about to go down in the next 20 years.'

"Hm, so you're saying I actually WAS the true Phoenix King all along?"
"Torture him anyway."

Have some Dawi Zharr.

>>"Uh, I'd feel safer parking the Black Ark over there. Kick some ass!"

hey, if birdman can walk into grimmy's compound...

REEEEEEEEEEEE

If the user is giving himself twenty years to learn the skills he needs and prepare himself, maybe he'd manage it. Though it makes me wonder how the hell the peasants do it.

>20 years to prepare.
>This board is for 18+
>So best case scenario you have until you're 38 to get it done.

Most of us are soft from easy living. If we practice at it, most of us might get good enough to be a passable swordsmen or archer. But skills like that are the sort of thing that you really need to be training in since a young age to get appreciably good at.

And most of us aren't 18. We're probably all in our mid 20s to 30s at best. We're over the hill, by relative standards.

Our best bet for really making a change is using what we all have - an education, literacy and inside knowledge.

We don't need to be the guys putting ourselves in harms way.

>all these idiots thinking that anyone in universe is going to believe them because they have sourcebooks
The delusion is real. Best case scenario, they think you're just some random peasant with stupid ideas. Most likely scenario, they lock you up in the sanatorium or burn you for heretical texts that foretell the end of the world

That's assuming a lot. That he's going to take all twenty years to learn how to do something, that he doesn't have skills at climbing or shooting beforehand...a fair number of anons are military or ex military, or do some form of athletic activity. I can't say I'm one of those people, but not everyone here is necessarily a wizard instead of a fighter.

If a Bretonnian peasant can manage to climb a mountain and get a hippogryph egg, I think an user could manage it.

>If a Bretonnian peasant can manage to climb a mountain and get a hippogryph egg, I think an user could manage it.

Dude, I'm not even sure most fa/tg/uys could manage to climb to the top of a ladder.

Doesn't matter where, become a Nurgle cultist and live happy in granpa's embrace

Sounds like the only chance for a happy life for common people

Are there any good rules in WFRP 2e for greenskin magic?

Not in 2e, but it's easy enough to retrofit the 1ed rules for it.

Daily reminder that the Order of the Blazing Sun is by far the best knightly order because along with reasons mentioned earlier, they also do magical flame damage.

I feel like WFRP 2e gives little option for classes exclusive of certsin races.
Are there any books about new classes for dwarves, elves and halflings?

Why'd you feel a need to post a reminder of what is literally the third post in the thread?

>Are there any books about new classes for dwarves, elves and halflings?

Stone and Steel for the Dwarfs, Apocrypha 1 and 2 for Elves and Halflings.

Not that Halflings deserve to have any race-specific career options.

because myrmidia is best goddess.

What do you want? For someone to sperg out and say gb2 TW:WH? Or are you afraid that the thread will just fall off the board and you don't have anything worthwhile to add so you just feel the urge to post something vaguely inflammatory?

TW:WH is the only remaining piece of WHFB content that is actively supported by GW.

Also, I read the Knights of the blazing son book.

Wish josh reynolds wrote more.

Will they ever bring back muh Tomb Kings?

>Wish josh reynolds wrote more.

There we go, now you've got something worthwhile to post. Would you recommend the Blazing Son book as a must read?

yeah.
Gives you a nice look at marienburg, shows that there is more to norscans than blathering chaos retards, has a tzeenchian plot and a qt norscan waifu.

Once I've finished Brunner the Bounty Hunter, that'll be my next read. What's it called?

Knight of the blazing sun.

Is there a place to find Brunner online? Same with Witch Hunter. The usual links don't have all the novels.

I wanted to say the Pastebin links in OP post, but it looks like it's dead - sorry user. Best bet is google and the usual illicit locations.

guy who assembled the pastebins in the OP here. Has anyone checked the links for activity since they were put together 1.5 years ago?

>post something vaguely inflammatory?
Nice.

Very nice.

So me and my friends are getting into Mordheim and I have picked Norse Explorers.

Does anyone have any experience with them or General Mordheim experience on like weapon options and shit?

Do we automatically speak a language.

Do you have any idea how unhealthy it is to be a G&F side character other than Max, Ulrika, and Snorri?

Probably a few books as backup too, stuff about metalurgy and guncotton. Try to get it to Malakai Makaison and/or Nuln.

He should write a book about Arkhan's adventures (in smootching) post-nagash, pre-end times.

slings
everywhere

Give me an idea for some brutally cunnin' taktiks a roit clever orc boss might use to make the oomies look stoopid.

I already have an idea of stuffing squigs with black powder, then shooting them with fire arrows so they explode.

Good advice in general.

Does anyone actually discuss tabletop games in these threads anymore? Or is it just fluff arguments, vidya, and Endhammer?

And WFRP.

Well the game is effectively complete, what was good 5 years ago is still good now and will continue to be so in the future.

Yeah, but what about lists? Batreps? Tourneys? T9A and KoW?

Nobody seems to talk about playing the game anymore, just faction waifu wars.

Well I like T9A but when we bring it up it starts a shit storm usually.

Most people discuss the game and the lore. It's just a couple idiots, or probably one slav, who keeps stirring up shit. Personally I talk about WFRP a lot.

Does anyone have any documents on scenarios or suggestions for historical battles to fight? Im thinking the best way to get people to play with me right now is by running one shot exhibition matches. It is likely I will be providing the armies, so anything skaven, elf (any color), goblin, or bretonnian is preferred.

Otherwise, does anyone have any favorite historical battles we could discuss? I have always been partial to the battle of pine crags. Its a very personal battle, with the stakes high for the individual participants, but without having a HUGE WORLD ENDING impact on the rest of warhammers events.

Does anybody here play Skaven? I'm looking for inspiration on how to paint them