Let's say it's 2013

Let's say it's 2013.

How would you pitch Bitcoin to these people?

It's a scam

Blockchain is a revolutionary technology.
A blockchain is a list of transactions. In fact, it is a list of all the transactions, ever. If it contained Visa credit card transactions, for example, it would contain every Visa transaction that ever occurred all the way back to when Visa was just a gleam in the milkman's eye.
Now, you wouldn't want to keep this moderately long list of transactions in just one place because, well, what if a government wanted to shut it down!?
So, what you do with a blockchain is copy the entire list of transaction to 1000s of locations all over the world. And after copying the entire transaction list everywhere, every time you add a transaction, you add it to every complete transaction list around the world.
Now, this may seem extremely slow and inefficient.
But that's not the best part about the blockchain.
We've made it even more slow and inefficient because to add transactions to the blockchain you need to solve a worthless math problem. And, even better, this math problem is designed to be more difficult when there is more computing power to solve it.
So, we've design the network to slow down and require more power when more compute resources are added to it. It can't be scaled by simply adding additional compute resources!
In addition, and as a bonus, when the network slows down, it becomes more expensive for people to perform transactions. The people who commit transactions get paid to commit them and when the system slows to a crawl, they make more money.
Thus giving them an incentive to slow the network down.
Here at Blockchain Technology (TM), we believe we've created the most inefficient system ever for maintaining a list of transactions. Why would you want to simply have a table in a 3 redundant databases you could change in milliseconds when you can operate things so much more inefficiently?

Ayo hol up. I got theez things, they called cribtocurrency, see cuz they come from the crib. You gimme dat money in yo bank accountz and I will give yo ass this gud shit. In the time it took me to drop out of highschool it will be wurth as much as one hour with shaniqua, my bottom bitch yo. I call it, Obamacoin.

>Ok so we all know pyramid schemes work, right?
>Problem is, it's illegal because the government don't want regular people to go bankrupt
>BOOM, I give you bitcoin, it's basically cash, but different just enough so that there's no laws covering it
>And it gets even better. We can turn this scary "no legal protection" into a benefit by telling people it's actually "no bureaucracy limits" and make them think they're beating the system

This. Fuck em.

lmfao, at least its an honest pitch

LOL

So you're familiar with ponzi schemes right? Stay away! Don't invest! It's a scam! I know right?
Well, let me get you all in on the ground floor of ponzi schemes 2.0 - the next generation of multi level bagholding. Sure it's illegal to START a ponzi, but it's not illegal to participate in one. I call this - the Nakamoto Scheme. No operators, no hypothecation, and it basically buys itself (we have bots for that!). The best part is, you can get a bunch of people thinking that they're "making" money simply by restricting the liquidity of the asset! Preach to them some gospel about how future prices are mathematical certainties. Get them at the start of the Dunning-Kruger curve and keep them there. It will be an unstoppable global movement, here's your chance. Buy now or stay poor, cucks.

Please Livestream the suicide, thanks.

and for that reason, I'm out

I wouldn't. Cunts like that are the ones crypto was supposed to be geting around.

>"Okay, okay. Look at this.... It's virtual coins that cost real money to purchase them or your computer can mine them for higher electricity cost than it's worth. What do you think?
>No it's not like monopoly money Kevin.

This. Block chain is a meme. 27$ transaction fees too.

Crypto to crypto is like... 0.05 cents.

> I-it's magic internet money, haha.

In what world is a btc fee 5 cents?

fucking kek

lmao no

buy btc or kys in 4 years fgts