Has the ship sailed on btc for poorfags? I've been buying the cryptos that are still cheap like LTC

has the ship sailed on btc for poorfags? I've been buying the cryptos that are still cheap like LTC

Other urls found in this thread:

bwk.explorerz.top:3011/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nah. there will be another correction soon. probably will go back to 8k for a while.

No, bitcoin will carry on going up for at least a few more months

Buy now

lol no. if you didn't buy at the 13k dip you're dumb. the train is movin' to 100k

no.

But I'm too poor to buy a substantial amount, surely I'm better off putting 2k into LTC where I can actually own a few coins and hoping it blows up than buying 0.0000000006 BTC even if it goes to 100k?

i think its moving to 25k. or to 50k.
YES I"M THAT GREEDY.

Did you ever take into consideration that there might be a reason that other coins are "cheap"?

Watch the BTCKRW. It's leading and breaking out on hourly. We'll be at $18k by morning and over $20k in a few days.

What do you mean? They're still going up when btc does.. I bought LTC at $50 ausland funbux and it's at $200 right now.

Put the majority into bitcoin because it has a track-record of long-term gains and a small amount into ethereum or litecoin on the off-chance it moons

I'm in the same boat

40k by january 100k by summer 2018

What kind of spread if I can only spend 2k over the next few months on it? LTC is trending up, 4x gains in a few months is promising right? I just feel like even if btc goes to 500k i wouldn't be able to invest enough to make shit anyway

and this right here is why we should all have bought LTC at >80

dude... thell me... what is better ?
1 ltc
10000 of dgb ?
or 100000 of sub 1 sat coin ?
or 0.05 btc ?

its not about owning number of shitcoins.
its about owning valuable one.

I tried to buy it at 35, I was going to put 2k in it back then but coinbase wouldn't verify my id and I gave up, I tried again the other day at 180..verified instantly, fucking jewbase

Nevermind, that sounded probably a little harsh. I'm just a Bitcoin maximalist who thinks that most other coins will eventually go to 0, since they are either outright scams, or centralized, or don't have enough additional value compared to BTC.

i don't know, that's why i'm here, just seems like there's no room to make a decent profit in btc for poorfags like me, the floor is too high now

There's literally no difference in buying x amount of BTC or LTC

Whatever you're comfortable with. Do you want to hedge your bets on the possibility of a moon or do you want to play it 'safe'?

Personally, I have the majority (80%) in bitcoin and the rest in ethereum and litecoin.

i've been watching it for a while and it just seems like whenever btc goes up it takes every other crypto with it, so buying the ltc is just cheaper with more margin for profit if it will rise and fall with btc anyway

It'll be 6 figures sometime next year. There were people who thought it was too late to enter the game when bitcoin was $1000

i have nothing to lose, and not enough money to gain if play it safe and hope for any decent return, so I guess it's to the moon

there is if the smaller currency blows up right? btc's most optimistic outlook for the next year is 100k right now yes? so around 5x gain, with the smaller currencies who knows? they could just fucking blow up one day with the media coverage cryptos are getting, i could be wrong but thats how i see it

do your own research.
people here shill coins that was already was pumped and that will dump on next day.
they will convince you to not sell some total worthless shit while it will be dumping for months. its very very very very very rare...... that somebody really gives good buy signal here.

i mean that already was pumped.
ltc was pumped already. and now they are shilling you to buy their bag.

i'm just looking for beginner info, like whether or not investing in the smaller coins is better for poorfags, i think i'm going to do an 80/20 split with 80 in btc and 20 between ltc/eth like this guy

That's just at the current phase. Altcoins are in a huge bubble. As soon as the first 100 of them fail to delive on their promises, most money will float back into BTC.

Lightcoin is actually one of the better coins. It's not a scam, it usually has features before they are implemented in Bitcoin (e.g., Segwit). Some people call it the silver to Bitcoin's gold. I'm still sceptical in the long run.

But don't let my opinion prevent you from investing into Lightcoin and other coins. I could very well be wrong.

so you're saying you think ltc will crash?

What makes you think that just because the price of a whole coin is lower than bitcoin, that means that coin has a huge moon potential? If litecoin moons, it won't be to bitcoin levels. It will be a decent moon, sure, but probably not as big as you're hoping it will be.

Trust me--stick with BTC for now, until spring time at least. Alts are kill, long live the king!

I guess I'm excited because it climbed $60 in 12 hours the other day

It's gonna keep rising. Just buy and don't panic when it dips. Enjoy the ride.

BTC or the other cryptos like LTC too? I believe btc will keep rising i'm just trying to work out if it's smarter to buy smaller cryptos for me

btc will rise up.
btc will give FREE forked money on exchange that support next fork (on block 499999).

ltc will stay at current usd price.... probably... so will drop in btc price .... at least i think so.

what does that mean? when will bitcoin give free money? explain please

Every time Bitcoin is forked, the result is another altcoin. And the holders of Bitcoin get these altcoins for free. Many of these forks are scams but some of them have value. Bitcoin Gold, for example, still costs $220, Bitcoin Cash costs about $1400. There are a bunch of other forks coming in the next few months, and everyone holding Bitcoin gets a small bonus.

Get real man. It's going slowly bleed to whatever the floor is below $10k.

Buy XMR, please!

awesome, thanks for the info. what are the new ones like? any good?

you need to be on exchange that support fork.
they will just appear on your balance for free in you have btc.

there was many forks.
bitcoin cash
bitcoin gold
bitcoin diamond

but still there will be some more probably.
one of forks in this month. so its easiest way to get money for doing nothing. for just having btc.

which exchanges support forks?
do I need to have my btc in that wallet at the moemnt of the fork?

I personally don't think very highly of them. If the new coins are more than 5% of real Bitcoin, I trade them for the real Bitcoin. Otherwise, I won't even bother. But free money is free money, so...

if i just have the money off exchange and on my wallet I get the fork? noob question sorry

you can't get previous forks obviously for free. but you can get next ones. its absolutely easiest way to get money. but you need to be on exchange that support it.

*also be aware - don't use bittrex exchange.
they silently made withdraw limits to 0. so people who don;t want to share personal data can't get anything out only can deposit. they basically are robbers at this moment.

That's actually the most secure way to get the coins.

- Having coins in own wallet: You get them 100% but you must wait until some respected wallet provider supports the coin. Never use the official client and don't use shady websites, many steal the private keys and you lose all your coins, even your real Bitcoin.
- Having coins on exchange: You might get the new coins if the exchange supports them. If you have bad luck, the exchange doesn't and you get nothing. The advantage is that you might get your coins faster, and you don't have to split the coins from your real Bitcoin by yourself.

i have no idea. do your own research.
you can get forked coins but it will cost you transaction money. if you have btc in personal wallet (if you know private key)

only thing i want to say. please don't be stupid.
there was scam sites and fake programs that was stealing everything from wallets.
and scam twitter pages.

naive people inputted their private keys and lost everything......

so if you will ever want to get forked coins.
withdraw money to another wallet and never use old one again....

and only after that input private key of old wallet (that had money inside on fork block).....
in full node client of OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED WALLET on bitcoin-talk.

not on some crappy site that was promoted on twitter or here or in shitty email.

>Never use the official client
he should use official wallet. and should not use some unofficial one.
and only after withdrawing coins to another wallet.
never share PRIVATE KEY to anybody.
if somebody ask you for private key..... its a scam.

There were people running at $100.
Two top points on growth possibilities for BTC.
>Quantity of wallets with more than $50
>Market Cap compared to other currencies (fiat), not companies
If you can see through those two, and realize that BTC isn't mainstreamed yet, and not including any fundamental disasters, things should be really really good.

let me get this, say I have bitcoin in my nano ledger hardware wallet and transfer my bitcoin to an exchange that supports forking. by sending the btc to the exchange wallet, they can have my private keys?

so should I send btc to another wallet and then from that one to the exchange?

If you have 2gs put it in Bitconnect daily interest

I said well respected wallet provider.

I don't trust any official client because I'm not stupid enough to share my keys with some scammers (or install a potential keylogger on my PC) just because they know how to fork the Bitcoin client.

of course they will not know your private key.
cause its fucking private.
if you will not give it to somebody it will stay private and you will not lose funds.

Actual pyramid scheme

you can always use vmware with win 8.1 or 7 installed inside.
or something like sandboxie.

official wallets are best wallets. unofficial are most times just scams.
web wallets are almost 100% scams.... except probably (eth one) www.myetherwallet.com this one is trusted

correct

13k dip WAS the correction

And mymonerowallet

correction
bwk.explorerz.top:3011/
Network 1288.9265 (GH/s)

how the fuck this is profitable ?

*oops wrong thread

you should think in terms of percentage profit instead of just looking at the price of the coin. you can buy fractions you know

That's 1 month

Always forget that this board is full of low IQ normies who think of prices and loss/gains in terms of absolute figures instead of percentages.

>waiting for BTC dip

is this the dip? i can see it going either way

redpill me on this

Glad I have guys like you around to set me straight before I throw money away then.

Just buy Bitcoin OP

Always buy, always hold

If you want, do something like 70% BTC 30% alts and gamble on a few alts you think can moon based on having good partnerships, low cost, etc.

solid advice, this is what I'm going to end up doing.

for example I've made like 50% gains on REQ without knowing what it is or what it does. Y Combinator knows better than me. Good enough for them, good enough for me.

Is coinbase alright or should I be looking at other exchanges?

I would just start buying things off gdax/coinbase, then get a hardware wallet and put your coins on that so you won't feel tempted to panic sell.

I started with 3 btc, now I have 1 because i bought alts.

cheap?

what does that even mean?

if you think BTC is going to 100k - then 13k 15k 18k are all cheap.