WHAT DIS
WHY

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/quotes/[email protected]
cnbc.com/quotes/[email protected],
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WE NEVER HAVE TO WORK AGAIN OH MY GOD THEY'RE GOING TO PUMP IT

So they dont go bankrupt once BTC nose dives

Trading halts at fluctuations of more than 7% and resumes when things settle down.

1 MILLION DOLLARS PER COIN

whats the url for realtime cboe price?

Ah in Australia we just do it when people have exciting news

cnbc.com/quotes/[email protected]

mine doesnt say halted, waht gives?

No longer halted

WE LIMIT UP NOW

Lol boomers

Can anyone who knows futures tell me in laymans what this means?

My understanding is that you buy a futures contract if you think BTC will be x price on y date. Someone agrees to that deal, and on y date, you buy BTC for x price.

With the website: cnbc.com/quotes/[email protected],

it is saying 17,790 right now. So I take it that is the price people are speculating to buy BTC on y date.

But what is the date people are setting? How do I see the time horizon on this?

the futures market is on a meta-level a prediction market

the participants collectively predict what the price of an asset will be in the future

now, there's also huge incentive to buy up or sell down an asset to make sure it matches what the futures market suggests it will be (do you see where this is going)

Yes, but from the 'tutorial' videos I watched on futures, it said that people - in the normie market - set futures contract for the SAME day, is this what is going on here as well?

The tutorial video said that people rarely create futures contracts beyond the same day. Yet it is unclear what time horizon is going on here.

Finish your thoughts

>donkey chasing a carrot?

the futures contracts from CBOE are set for +1 month, +2 month, +3 month

institutional investors can now safely bet on the price of bitcoin, meaning the floodgates are now wide fucking open. the more they drive up the futures market, the more money momentum there is in making the bitcoin price match the future price

a clever investor (a whale if you will, like the government of saudi arabia or norway for example of the scale that we're now talking about) will buy futures and then interfere with the market to make sure the prediction comes true

yes, they can push the market up or down if they want to -- but it's a hot asset, momentum is upward, and fundamentally everyone in the market will be interested in blowing the bubble bigger (nobody ever wants a profitable bubble to pop, least of all when it's just getting started -- no institutional investor wants to bet against a market this hot when they can ride it up for much less risk)

When do LTC futures start so it can go to $1 million and I can retire?

Retail investors are paying a premium in the extended market hours to buy bitcoin futures because they don't know how to set up a bitcoin wallet. You shouldn't take this as indicative of what institutional investors will do when the market opens.

WE ARE ALL GOING TO MAKE IT

People who are allowed to play off-hours in the futures market are typically not what you would typically mean by 'retail investor'

these aren't rubes, no broker stays up on a sunday night to file trades for some loser

24h change +30%

>tfw no coins

Super helpful comment. Thanks man

>I don't know how extended hours work
Market makers don't take part in extended hours so there's low liquidity. Low liquidity means you can't place big trades without paying a big premium. Anyone with a lot of money to bet has no reason to take part in the extended hours.

So do I buy or sell this 100k of btc?

If you can trade futures, short the futures and buy btc.

>tfw no coins
>told Dad about Bitcoin before when I bought last
>sold mine immediately

>dad calls me this morning to say I should buy bitcoin and that he's made a bunch of money off the recent boom
ITS NOT FAIR
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMERS!