Am I safe in tether during a crash?

Am I safe in tether during a crash?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@bitfinexed/the-bitfinex-dilemma-blow-up-now-or-try-a-hail-mary-to-retain-in-business-10b9d989359f
wallet.tether.to/richlist
medium.com/@bitfinexed/fake-it-till-you-make-it-when-bitfinex-themselves-used-to-spoof-their-entire-orderbook-18294585338
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yep

What do you think is going to cause the crash kek

Nothing safer than tether! It's even safer than fiat!

(This post does not constitute financial advice and you assume full responsibility and risks associated with your financial decisions.)

of course, they just printed 25mil like 2 hrs ago
they got u covered

No ltc

>crashing upwards
yes, user. Totally safe.

Only if you wear your seatbelt

medium.com/@bitfinexed/the-bitfinex-dilemma-blow-up-now-or-try-a-hail-mary-to-retain-in-business-10b9d989359f

once this shit goes boom, this will effect all of crypto town, eh? Not just that stinky exchange?

>tether
>safe

Enjoy your worthless bags when they leave with your money

what's the word on the bird about who broke into bitfinex and stole all their crypto shekkels? Was it a double-twist and it was actually bitfinex who robbed themself and make cash twice?

>what's the word on the bird about who broke into bitfinex and stole all their crypto shekkels? Was it a double-twist and it was actually bitfinex who robbed themself and make cash twice?

I'm thinking they put them back on the exchange in a different wallet and are doing some frantic arbitrage in order to continue to be able to cash clients out in USD.

you are fucked kid

You're safe in a minor correction. But when it crashes, Tether is going to be the cause of it and it's all going to evaporate into nothing.

Why? Isn't it just that the value of tethers is zero, and anyone currently holding them takes one for the team and that's it?

>what's the word on the bird about who broke into bitfinex and stole all their crypto shekkels? Was it a double-twist and it was actually bitfinex who robbed themself and make cash twice?

Here's another theory: it's money laundering. If you "stole" 30 million, reported it lost, and sold it for 50 million in dirty money that you then laundered through your fake currency, you'd have about 80 million more than people think you had (the 30 million lost plus the 50 million in dirty money). Tether is fundamentally 800 million dollars of nonexistent money, but if you had 80 million in cash, you'd be able to float it and periodically cash people out through whatever 3rd world shithole bank that isn't Wells Fargo (who cut off their banking earlier this year).

Okay, final question: what kind of morons are buying those fucking tethers? Why? I mean.. sure, bitfinex customers who got them in the first place (and probably had no other option than accept this shitdeal or lose it all) have them. Fine. Buy why would anyone buy those fucking Tethers from them? WHY? WHAT KIND OF BRAINLET WOULD DO SUCH A THING??

A crash. sure.

THIS crash? Fuck no. This is the Tether exit scam. The only thing worse than holding BTC while it crashes would be dumping your BTC for Tether.

How many tethers did they print to liquidate the shorts today?

I mean tether fud aside, it's been strong and stable and working perfectly for like the entire time it's been around, I don't see myself getting rekt having it for a day or two to be on the safe side. Also bitfinex only exchange to actually pay back every single cent of owed money during a hack. Honestly I trust these fuckers more than any other exchange out there.

Holy shit.

>Okay, final question: what kind of morons are buying those fucking tethers?

Exchanges

bittrex has 344m
poloniex has 260m

wallet.tether.to/richlist

Your safe OP. Even if these guys are faggots, it's the biggest exchange in terms of volume (thus richest) vs. one guy wtih serious FUD power. I'm sure they'll payoff whoever they need to so they can stay up and lively

>this guy
you're that fucking asshole from bitfinex, aren't you?

b-binance is fine? And so in conclusion: exchanges dealing with tethers will go boom? What would that mean for the survivors?

does the FBI know about this? The CIA? The NASA? Anyone? Doland? SOMEONE INFORM THE DOLAND ALREADY!

And if, that is, once Tether falls, why will it take Bitcoin down with it? Somehow I'm not really able to see the connection there...

medium.com/@bitfinexed/fake-it-till-you-make-it-when-bitfinex-themselves-used-to-spoof-their-entire-orderbook-18294585338
WTF WHAT KIND OF MORON USES THIS SHITHOLE OF AN EXCHANGE ANYWAYS?? REEEEEEEEEEEE WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??

I don't understand the end game of the tether fudders, bitfinex has undoutably enough money to fucking back up all of their tethers with real cash if any big institute called them out to do it.
>implying a multi billion dollar exchange is gonna let their ship sink because of one anonymous fudder

>that guy
you're also one of those fucking assholes from bitfinex, aren't you? YOU HAVE TO GO BACK!! REEEEEEEEEEEEE MODS MODS MODS

People want tether, it's convinent. I have $2k in tether

>Not even sure if this is bait
>Not even sure if you know whether or not your baiting

>I have $2k in tether
FUCK YOU!!! MOOOOOOODS!

I made $100 and cashed out i was like fuuuuuuck this

should of held LTC

>b-binance is fine? And so in conclusion: exchanges dealing with tethers will go boom? What would that mean for the survivors?

I'm gonna guess bitcoin would go to about 5k. It'd just fleece anyone stupid enough to not do their research.

Hm, doesn't even sounds so bad. Would this finally cause the great Flippening? As it has been foretold? In the prohecy?

>Hm, doesn't even sounds so bad.

The spontaneous erasing of some 120 billion dollars of wealth, who knows how much of which is in fake tether and how much is in USD, is going to be pretty fucking bad. If this wall street short thing happens tomorrow, that could absolutely trigger it in the form of a "run" on every major exchange. Some will be able to function, but they'll probably have to shut the doors to the ones holding tether.

Anyone stupid enough to be paid in tether will go to 0.

Cboe started trading today...

yes, but the rest may then finally flourish in a sane fashion. ETH, Linky and all the pals.
>no arkies

I understand how this crypto town is still unregulated wild wild west. Fine. But why the fuck isn't anyone doing anything about Bitfinx/Tether shit? What are they waiting for? I don't get it... WHY IS THIS EVEN ALLOWED???

If you're afraid during a shitstorm just dump it all on DOGE and then get it back when you feel like

>tether
>safe

SELL SELL SELL