Transaction fees?

Hey guys! I just can't completelly understand transactions fees so if you could help me that be great! Let's say I have 30 usd in bitcon, how much would it cost to send to another wallet? Thanks guys!

Other urls found in this thread:

bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-median_transaction_fee.html
bitcoinfees.earn.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Transaction fees are currently getting manipulated by chicom miners; when lightning network goes online the fee will drop to a few cents.

can you tell, or is there an official site, where you get updates, when this lightning network go in effect?

only the fees in LN channels will be cheap. Actually using the blockchain, you know the whole reason we're here, will cost you an arm and a leg in fees.

bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-median_transaction_fee.html

What you need to understand is that with every transaction you set a transaction fee to be given to the miners. If this fee is above the median, then you will get your transaction confirmed in above median time. If it's below the median then it will be confirmed in below median time. Set it too low and it'll never be confirmed, set it high enough and it'll almost be instant.

Thus, if time is not a big deal and you can wait a day. Then you set the transaction fee lower. If you need it delivered fast and quick you increase the fee.

This site gives you time estimates per fee
bitcoinfees.earn.com/

>how much would it cost to send to another wallet?
So to answer this question you need to specify a time component.

However, most likely you have Bitcoin on some exchange, not your own wallet.
In that case, the Exchange has it's own transaction fee it charges which you have to convert to USD yourself.

Yes, this, the chinese miners are manipulating transaction fees, its a conspiracy to hurt bitcoin by creating a slightly higher number of transactions clogging the network dramatically rising fees.

If you make a transaction, you are attacking bitcoin. Keep your coins on coinbase!!1

These guys actually think the miners are why their fees are high and not because of blockstreams 1mb cap. Miners actually wanted to raise the cap to 2mb....

Miners are spamming the network with orders that frontrun your fee. And 2mb cap will increase centralization which is everything Bitcoin is against.

8MB increase on Bcash would increase centralization by less than half a percent or some bullshit like that, so you're wrong.

OP here, thank you for this explanation! So, if i send 30 dollars from an exchanger to a wallet it'll cost me half on fees? Wow, so 'muh decentralized and no banks' things is just a meme? Because at this rate, seems like kinda usury. Thanks again for the info!

>Wow, so 'muh decentralized and no banks' things is just a meme?
Well, there is a reason most people are skeptical of Bitcoin going higher and higher and it's precisely because of transaction fees. Other coins have much lower transaction fees. Bitcoin is being bought because people think it will rise in value, it isn't being bought to be used as a currency.

That's why this fork happened. The only thing bitcoin needs to do to decrease fees and transaction times is increase block size. Instead the core dev team got bought out by kikes who want to keep the block size small and require the network to scale off chain, which defeats the entire purpose of blockchain.

Bigger blocksize means only big players can be nodes means centralised on a fundamental level.
Fuck off kikes, bitcoin will always stay at 1mb.

30 dollars!!!!! dude just get deeponions at $3 a pop. You'll have 300 in 2 months tops

80% of Bcash miner are "Unknown" aka Bitmain Jihad Wu mining cartel
How's that not centralization?

who do you think gets to run the lightning network, idiot.

What is the limiting factor? Are you saying common nerds don't have the disk space?

People in Venezuela run full node on Raspberry Pi

>storage is expensive

I'm actually baffled you'd mention mining cartels, an attack only possible on segwit activated blockchains.

Yes because only big players can afford a god damn 512GB HDD :D

That's what lightning network is trying to solve, to push mining cartels out as everyone can become a hub and miners are forced to not spam the network or they'll be out of business

ironically, the huge mempool in bitcoin from backed up transactions leads to more centralization of full nodes than incrementing block size

ram is more expensive than hard drive space

Why aren't SPV wallets the solution for Krobu Afufajoo to use bitcoin in his village without hosting a full node?

Have there been successful mitm attacks against SPV/lightweight wallets like electrum?

Miners are spamming fraudulent orders to clog up the network; they are the only one to blame in this

No one is forcing you to use lightning network.
You can be a hub of the network.
Your mother sucked the penises of all men of your local area.

Ok, let's say kikes ban being a hub in america. No big deal right now, since mamadou in bumfuck africa can be a full node with a ten years old iphone on wifi.
Can you say the same for beecash ?

Storage is only one part of the equation you complete retard, the bigger the blocksize the better internet connection you need. Right now a simple satellital connection using your enormous well-used anus as an antenna is enough.

Yes.

>88
Fuck off Lord Kek, hitler was a jew plant and the only reason we haven't genocided the kikes niggers and others subhumans.

Now is not a good time to use bitcoin ,chink miners are spamming the network with small transactions ,it doesn’t really cost them money since they collect the tx fees anyway.They want bcash to win so they can seize control of bitcoin.

I would kill myself if I were as retarded as you are. Why are you even posting if you don't even know how LN works? For example, do you know that opening and closing channels is done on-chain? That the "peer to peer topology" they promised is infeasible, therefore rendering centralized hubs a necessity? Therefore conforming only to Blockstream agenda? Do you know the sad state of SegWit? Coinbase doesn't even have it yet.

I swear, Veeky Forums is full of dumb people that have fallen for Blockstream antics. I bet that in June you were among those crying "B-but SegWIt will save us". Yes, and you know how that went.

KYS

Why the hell are you mentioning centralization?? Just wait and see what centralization is when LN is deployed.

HOW THE HELL IS MAMADOU GOING TO DO SO IF HE'S BROKE AS FUCK???
Or you don't know that funds have to be locked in the the channel to make it work? He cannot afford a pc but he sure can put bitcoins over bitcoins to run the channel.

>america bans being a hub

I'm struggling to envision how that particular situation would have no solutions other than 3rd world nodes (ever heard of tor?) *and* the situation would still allow connecting thin clients to 3rd world nodes.

If hosting a server becomes illegal and ISPs are blocking the traffic, at that point, wouldn't outbound requests to african nodes also likely be blocked?

You have a hard time to envision it because a 1mb blocksize makes using the slow as fuck tor network actually possible, contrary to an 8mb ( let's be honest, a 1gb blocksize is just a question of time with chinks and kikes at the help of beecash ) blocksize.

Anyone can afford it with a 1mb blocksize you filthy kike.
Pilpul as much as you want, at the end of the day BTC is the coin with a 1mb blocksize and BCH is the one with a 8 mb blocksize, nothing will change these FACTS.

>at the end of the day BTC is the coin with a 1mb blocksize and BCH is the one with a 8 mb blocksize, nothing will change these FACTS.

Just like it's a fact that only one of them is actually good for transacting. FACT.

>blocksize increases will cause centralization
>ignore the fact that all btc hashpower is already owned by chinks

This applies to bcash too. You shills are fucking retarded.

Japan is at the forefront in new ASIC chip manufacturing (7nm) and will blow Bitmain to smitherines

Praise their sideway vaginas, the jew truly fears the samurai.

If that happens they'll get the majority of the hash power. Nice way to combat centralization. I mean, are you even able to think? ASIC mining is a run for the power where only the richest can compete. It will never be decentralized.

Better Japanese that control hash power because they live in a democracy. Chinese miners are controlled by CCP.

You reached top retardness here.

>muh democracy
>muh CCP
It's simpler you mouthbreather : nips are human, chinks are not.
You will just not see the kind of jewish manipulation we saw with the chinks once the nips get into mining, and i heard ruskies also are looking into making some mining farm.

My fuck it's hard to not be a weeaboo when you see what the zipheads are all about, may their insect god or whatever they pagan worship bless them.

>if I call everyone kikes they won't realize i'm shilling for blockstream™ centralization