I suggest, you go in with a small amount

I suggest, you go in with a small amount.

IOTA has great potential. Eliminating the transaction fees and minimizing power consumption could be the next step to make cryptocurrencies useful in everyday life.

What I see as an issue is the central coordinator which makes me not fully trust IOTA at this moment.

But I think it has the potential to go skyrocket, due to its revolutionary concept.
Just keep in mind, that it is in an early state of development.

When its infrastructure grows (better working wallets, trading on bittrex, poloniex, kraken and so on) it will gain value.

I went in with 1000,- $ and do not regret until now. If it goes skyrocket, I will be happy. If not.... well... 1000,- $ will not hurt me much.

Centralized garbage, you could just use visa

$6 IOTA baggie buyers desperate as fuck.

Visa has not the potential IOTA has.

Also dominik schneier is cute af and I had to buy a couple miota for him :weary: :weary: :weary: :love_eyes:

Not desperate. Gone it at 1.50 §.

And what's the potential? It's really not different in anyway from just using some other centralized mechanism, the whole tangle thing is just a meme.

iota is as good as visa. not better

>doesn't have the fact that if you withdraw from your wallet the rest of your IOTA can immediately be stolen as a disadvantage
Fuck off shill

Wanted to invest in iota eventually... But the founder seems such a douchebag. Also no updates and no proper wallet and transactions are a mess. For now the price is just hype from announcing "partnerships"

If IOTA isn't #2 crypto by mcap by Q2 2018 I will eat my balls

Addresses that have sent iota become unsecured
Brilliant design there

How would you like your balls served?

Someone who isn't desperate would have answered with:
"I bought it at $1.50" and that's it, instead you lead your answer with "I'm not desperate." which means you're delusional and also a liar (meaning you didn't buy at $1.50 and you're actually in the red on this one).

Stay poor.

By the way can you call your dad, who obviously owns IOTA, and tell him to get the network and wallets functional so people who are trapped can cut their losses?

If my visa account would have multiplied its value in that time like IOTA, I would be happy.

Also IOTA is quantum secure... read the whitepaper.

The potential is the usability in the internet of things.

Also other cryptos, specially BTC are fucking our planet with their growing power consumption. There has to be a solution.
Cryptocurrencies will be the future if they solve their problems (delays, transaction fees, power consumption).

IOTA could be the solution, when fully operational.

If you think, tangle is just a meme, you simply don´t understand what it is and what it can do in the future.

Fuck off McAffee

Wow, such great psychoanalysis, are you a doctor?

t. sold all my IOTA yesterday

Wanna know why IOTA won't work? They don't have a system in place to secure the ledger against attacks. Think of bitcoin: it's secured by everybody doing lots of work to ensure nobody can forge transactions. Now think of IOTA: they have the same work in place as bitcoin, only that it's forced on the users (except if you use the light wallet - then you're gonna end up just like bitcoin users these days). The problem is that the work required from the nodes in IOTA is extremely small compared to bitcoin, which means that it won't protect the network against an attack. This means that IOTA will simply never work without the coordinator, which makes the network essentially as centralized as VISA or Paypal.

this shit is just straight evil

Who says it will? The question is will it go up to $20, and the answer is yes.

The negative news/truth has already spread and taken over, so no, it wont.

Fuck off Dominik

This problem will be eliminated, when the size of the IOTA network expands. Just read the answer from IOTA tothe claims MIT made about it.

i honestly hope you're a shill and not this fucking retarded

This. Bitcoin works best when nobody uses it. IOTA works best when as many people as possible use it. Scalability

>IOTA has great potential.
Vapourware shitcoin made by devs with bad attitudes who make promises that keep not being true "fixed spam issue xxDD it was intentionally in code so we could sabotage other projects who copied it if they tried" --->they get spam attacked again

Wallets still don't work properly. its a shitfest. one glance at sorensbo or whatever he's called and anyone should be able to realize he's a vapid narcissistic douche

Fuckers even speculate on the price of their own coin in twitter promising people specific rankings in mcap by x time. They are shady but so dumb.

That's what the devs say, but you'd be wise to acknowledge the facts. The combined POW done by all the nodes is absolutely tiny compared to the massive POW done by bitcoin miners. Even if millions of IOT devices used IOTA, the POW would still remain way insufficient. And if they increase it, transactions will take just as long as bitcoin's.

What makes matter worse is that the POW will be unstable - the POW will vary wildly with time, and at any time it goes down, an attacker can take the network over and fork it.

The "claims MIT made about it" are absolutely true, and they dodged it by lying that they made the ledger insecure on purpose.

Fact is: If it doesn´t stay centralized it will become more and more trusted.

If it stays centralized, it has the potential to be taken over by a global player and gain even more profit.

Itis 2017. The crypto-market has grown up. It is not longer about libertarian dreams of an utopia. It is about investments.

But all the crypto-market will implode if cryptocurrencies could not be established as real currencies for the everyday use. The transaction fees other currencies have make them quite useless for doing your everyday transactions.

That´s the truth and that´s why IOTA will prevail.

>And if they increase it, transactions will take just as long as bitcoin's.

Nope. This is, what is new about the tangle.

What is new about the tangle? That it doesn't have a system to secure it against attacks?

Don't say you weren't warned.

Show me an article that related to a drop. Now go look at the 27th of November. I don't even know what I'm trying to prove, stay poor

love all the fud on Veeky Forums
keep going, spread more fud and miss out on the future. this is literally the new cool kid on the block.
all those arguments that it wont be secure are bullshit since security on the tangle relies on a lot of users and interacting devices. the more devices, the safer the tangle. I'm in it since .9$ and not only am i gaining shitloads of money, i also find this shit has a lot of usecases in the future. literally every device going to be interacting with each other and the tangle.
gl spreading more fud. but don't cry when iota 10$ EOY and u call for mommy

This thread is the absolute state of Veeky Forums Maybe it's time to get out of crypto

There's FUD, and then there's facts. I was in big time at 1.3 buying the news and dumped the last of my bags yesterday once I figured out that this thing is all false promises and already has an inflated market cap.

I don't know what to think of all this. It's confusing knowing what's gonna happen and seeing all the people close their eyes and ignore any criticism, labeling it as FUD.

THIS

This thing is still small compared to Bitcoin. It keeps on going and going and going and going, even though it's literally useless in every single way. This is not a rational market, it's a market powered by FOMO and dumbness.

Note that I also was on bitcoin at around 2000 $, thinking it was great tech and that it had a low market cap still. When it gained popularity and became unusable and it became obvious that nothing was gonna save it, I bailed out at 9000 $. And yet it still keeps growing even though transactions now can take hours and cost 10 %.

Even if still has technical issues (nobody denies that), the potential is there.

Old blockchain based cryptocurrencies have a shitload of issues, too.

They have delays in transmission, high transaction fees and a power consumption that is going to the moon. With those problems blockchain currencies could never be fully used as currencies.

IOTA may have big problems at the moments, but it shows a way out of those problems.
If IOTA is able to fix their problems it will be great. If they are not, I lost my 1000,- § I put in and will be fine with it.

The reason why people go mad at IOTA are mainly ideological reasons.
They go mad because of the central coordinator and the possibility that IOTA could become the currency of the global players.

The main reason behind all the criticism on IOTA is

> "b-b-b-ut cryptocurrencies have to be libertarian"

Can't stay poor if I'm not poor, you idiot. I am where I am because I don't buy into stupid shit anymore like IOTA.

I'm over here trying to prevent as many people as I can from making the biggest mistake that might potentially lead to you (an all-star faggot) being able to sell your $6 IOTA bags.

Grip those bags tight as you try and cope and desperately shill.

I'm not gonna argue with you further. Bitcoin at least actually works, even if slowly. There's tons of cryptos out there already that do what IOTA promises and actually work.

This

Centralized coordinator they have promised to remove this for 2 years

Still cheap at number 3 on coinmarketcap when shit deserves page 2

Been in development for over 2 years and literally NOTHING new since then

Op your pic is pure shit

Anyone who even has slightest clue of technology knows that IOT is a joke. Anybody marketing for IOT can't be taken seriously. People have already pointed out that the IOTA itself is single point of failure, the tangle (aka DAG) can't keep itself secured and it's not actually going to solve any scaling problem since the full information is always going to be needed to know whether funds were spend or not.

It's pumping

They are outdated blockchain stuff. I see two possibilities:

- Stay with bitcoin, because it is leading the market and with its dominant position it could stay successful even if its got the inferior technology. (That´s why more people use Windows than Linux)

- Switch to IOTA because it really is something new, which can fail, but if it succeeds, profit will be great.

Inb4

"B-b-b-but IOTA is evil, old word, unamerican and the CEO supports rapefugees"

There's nothing outdated with the blockchain. It's POW that's outdated, and there's tons of coins out there that already use better protocols.

Not to mention the IOT devices won't have enough power to run IOTA.

I don't see anything wrong with IOT, but it's at least a decade away from being truly relevant. Long time to invest for an unstable crypto.

Yes IOT is a joke. And my Nokia 3310 is a great cellphone. Who needs that smartphone stuff?
Also my horse is better than your car, because it can reproduce itself.

GUYS STOP BITCHING IT"S FUCKING GOING FOR ANOTHER BULLRUN
ARE YOU ALL BLIND OR JUST RETARDED

I think great success will be coming.

If you weren't poor you'd have the money to waste like us. Like I said, stay poor faggot.