"The Dark Eldar are the true inheritors of the Eldar Empire."

>"The Dark Eldar are the true inheritors of the Eldar Empire."

Disprove it, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NspLA6mzST4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can't be the inheretor of something that no longer exists.

Its like asking someone to disprove the Byzantine connection to Rome

They're dying off too, just slower.

Wraithbone culture aside, isn't DE tech more advanced, closer hardware to their original peak?

It's not really something that should be inherited in the first place. However, since we're having the conversation regardless, the statement is fundamentally true. The Deldar have inherited the true spirit of the inhabitants of the previous empire's last generations. Craftworlders have just as much a claim to the Eldar Empire, as a concept though. Exodites rejected the Empire outright.

Can you imagine wtf the Eldar Empire must have looked like at its peak? They would have had all the combined tech of the DEldar with the psychic ability of the Craftworlders. They would have had near godlike control over their own genome, their technology, and reality itself until Slaanesh was born.

Even more scary is that the Ur-Eldar were probably just as depraved and cruel as DEldar, but not for any reason of survival, they would have just been sadistic fucks for the hell of it.

Also they could've raped your mind at the same time as your body. Psychic wonder!

>Disprove it, Veeky Forums.
Imperial Webway Project..

>Can you imagine wtf the Eldar Empire must have looked like at its peak?
orgies orgies orgies

>probably just as depraved and cruel as DEldar
Depraved sure, but you'd have to convince me on cruel.

Kings of the trash heap still end up in the dump.

They're fags

U WOT M8?

Think about this. The Dark Age of Technology, the height of human civilization, was supposedly insignificant in the face of the Eldar Empire. Up until the almost the last second before their Fall, the Eldar were entirely uncontested as masters of the galaxy.

All the techno-marvels of the DAoT meant jackshit to the Eldar. That just speaks to how ludicrously far they've fallen.

t. Marinefag.

Technically, yes, but that's not a good thing.

I remember hearing something about GW killing off Slaanesh for whatever reason Which may be good or bad all Eldar.
Not entirely sure how I feel about that, But I do see a way in which they could kill him off and replace him with a chaos god that is perfectly antithetical.

Slaanesh the chaos god of pleasure somehow actually experiences ALL the pleasure, When he finally crashes from his reality warping high he begins to see the true nature of the everything.
That everything is all completely pointless and the only thing that actually matters IS nothing, The timeless non-existence that was and will be the beginning and the end of the universe.

When death couldn't grow, make, or plan.
There is no music, Only silence.

Slaanesh the chaos god of pleasure is no more, There is only |||||| the chaos god of apathy/depression.

Because the Eldar populations are basically having a collective depression a god based on that could fuck them up.
On the other hand they might be overjoyed that a god isn't trying to eat their souls now and the new god on the block just wants to end everything as quickly as possible.

The Dark Eldar would probably do 1 of these 3 things:

1: They commit complete suicide.
2: They convert allegiance to ||||||.
3: They act as if Slaanesh still lived.

Dark Eldar are self-indulgent and make war for gain.

But Eldar were a race created for warfare.

Thus, the ordinary Eldar are the true Eldar since they look at war as an art form rather than a means to an end.

Inheritors of the second largest failure to have existed in this galaxy.

I'm not sure what I'd get out of disputing that.

They are, but it's not a good thing.

>the Eldar were entirely uncontested as masters of the galaxy.

Except for humans fucking stealing whole galaxy from under their asses 15,000 years before the fall.

That's the thing. Human stuff says the humans were at their absolute height, but the Eldar stuff specifically says that they were totally uncontested and barely had to care about any of the other races.

If humanity at it's strongest was literally below the notice of an entire race fucking itself into hell, what the hell were the Eldar Empire's weapons like?

Your timeline is mixed up.

How so?

so, how many manga do you buy every week ?

What is this shitty fanfiction?

This.
When you think about it the last few millennia of the DAoT could have been nearly as bad as Old Night. You probably had entire planetary populations being enslaved or slaughtered for fun pretty regularly.

That's like saying orks control the galaxy in 40k because they have more worlds than humans. or rats control earth now because there's more rats than humans.
At their peak the eldar wouldn't have cared about humans except as playthings

How are you "totally uncontested master of galaxy" if that galaxy gets taken from you in a split fucking second from your point of view, by things which lived in literal holes in the ground and wore animal fur 20,000 years prior?
You've had 60 fucking million years, you should be colonizing whole observable universe by now for fuck's sake...

Humanity fucked the Eldar up before the fall.
They cared about human tech because it took their empire from them!

They are the closest of all the Eldar to their old selves and empire but as far as inheriting?
Their empire crumbled and the Craftworlders are the ones trying to change, adapt, survive and rebuild. Dark Eldar don't care for much outside Commorragh.

And while having a lot of pre fall Eldar tech, most of it they can't use since it's psychically activated

Well I guess it can't be anything else now.

I can't disprove it, as it's true.

On the other hand, why would you WANT to inherit that shitheap?
At least the Craftworlders are trying to better themselves.

>all these assmad imperium fags

get out of your safe spaces lmao

The eldar had a galaxy wide presence. That's why maiden worlds and eldar ruins can be found in every corner of the galaxy.
The eldar never spread around like humanity did, by colonizing every single inhabitable planet they found, because they had no real reason to do so. Webway allowed them to reach any planet they wished when it was fully functional and intact before the fall, thus making it unnecessary to physically claim every world that could sustain life.

They could remain content in their core worlds, while effortlessly claiming the resources and spoils of the whole galaxy and pick only the most perfect worlds to inhabit.

Bullshit. Humanity was nothing when compared to the pre fall eldar. The Daot humanity was barely a blip in the radar of the eldar empire. The worlds they colonized were ones the eldar had no interest in. Only after the fall did humans start colonizing eldar worlds.

This. Spiritually their civilisation is the closest to the empire at the end of its reign, but that was a crap empire and shouldn't be used as an aspirational goal.

That's fine. Heretics & xenos die all the same.

Many imperium fans don't want to accept the long established lore that the spesh elves were the top dogs of the setting before the fall.
Must be hfy influence

Eh, I am an Imperium fan.
Being a has been doesn't mean shit. The eldar are nothing but a bump in the road now when compared to the Imperium of man.

What I've never understood is why the Imperium didn't loot the Eldar tech from all of the presumably untouched empty planets (except for all the skeletons).

Except your ilk keep denying the fact that pre fall eldar were superior to humanity

Moot point because it amounts to nothing. It's essentially the same argument as "back in my day, I walked up hill to AND from school".
Cool story, but ya blew it and now you are getting raped by space marines and millions of conscripts. Deal with it.

Stop role playing you fag.
The issue is with people like you denying well established lore that dates back decades, because you don't like the idea that the spesh elves ever were superior to humans.

Also, the eldar are still superior to humans. Their technological, physical and mental capabilities surpass that of humanity with ease. The only reason imperium is more powerful than the eldar right now, is because humans outnumber the eldar to ludicrous decrees.

The original anons point was just that. The Eldar have fallen even farther than Humanity. That's impressive in it's own fucked up way.

Also, as an aside, the Eldar have Ynnead and that shit as a potential end game apocalypse for the setting. Humanity doesn't have shit. That's the point of the grimdarkness. Humanity is fucked six ways to Sunday by literally every race in the galaxy, who are each also being fucked by everyone else. It's also not like humanity steam rolls the Eldar.

>the Eldar have Ynnead
Not anymore. They blew it, they have nothing.

Pretty sure humanity has quite a few weird kicking shit into gear scenarios. Primarks returning or waking up, an in tact STC, or star child bullshit are the first to come to mind

while we're talking about wh40k lore, isn't it better for a lower-class human to live under the greater good rather than the extremely aristocratic and extremely authoritarian technocracy that does not care about its people at all?

I know Tau are sterilizing their humans but at least you could live a decent life.

>Can you imagine wtf the Eldar Empire must have looked like at its peak?
I think the word you're looking for, user, is "climax".

A shard of Ynnead was created and it escaped to whereabouts unknown.

>I know Tau are sterilizing their humans

They don't.

>this mad weeb
60 FUCKING MILLION YEARS OF EVOLUTION
Half of their tech outright stolen from their creators.
In all those countless eons, they didn't invent shit worth mentioning.
They've BARELY evolved beyond puny humanity to even consider the fact.
Homo sapiens is 140,000 years old.
Halfway through that time span, they- species of ONE planet- spawned a being which buttfucks every single Eldar in existence in power, both physical and psychic, and is practically immortal. And this being is aware that humans have potential to be like him, every single one of them.
Eldar are fucking smaltime.

HFY autist detected.

>the Eldar have Ynnead and that shit as a potential end game apocalypse for the setting. Humanity doesn't have shit.
Humanity has had the psychic awakening as an end-game scenario since before chaos even existed, since the very first warhammer 40k release ever

Conversely ynnead isn't even treated as a real thing by the bulk of the eldar race. Eldrad and his small cult of personality were the only ones who put any legitimacy in it.

>How are you "totally uncontested master of galaxy" if that galaxy gets taken from you in a split fucking second from your point of view

In 40K there are giant space beings called Chaos Gods. The Chaos Gods warp through space and are the cause of emotions. The Eldar unwittingly lived on the Chaos Gods homeworld, Chao.

The Eldrish King Eldrad used a Chao Egg as his throne and presided over too many weddings in one day, which caused the Egg to hatch Slaanesh, the King of Joy.

The shock of Slaaneshes birth caused every single Eldrish marriage to fail, collapsing their society in the space of a fortnight. Without stable families, their Gods disappeared and the Eldar lost access to the webway forever as a result.

Of course, you'd know all this if you actually read the lore.

Because they didn't need the galaxy and were content to stay on their homeworld and in the webway. Why inhabit the galaxy, when they can just continue making new sub-realms inside the webway and expand there?

I fail to see which other setting you're parodying here.

expert deduction
have a fucking cookie

lol youtube.com/watch?v=NspLA6mzST4

Half of this post can be explained by the Imperium being the view-point of the writing, the other half by stupidity.

And all of it as a weak b8 attempt

Show me an Eldar Empire to inherit, then show me the DEldar inhering it.

I think you might be referencing Age of Sigmar. In which case, no, the replacement for Slaanesh's slot was not well done at all.

I don't understand why humanity fans are so remiss to admit the Eldar were once superior to them. It's a big part of the lore, it always has been. I'm a humanity fan over Eldar myself, but the whole point of their story is to show just how far even the greatest can fall in 40k. The Eldar had their time, THEN humanity did. One faction doesn't have to have ALWAYS been top dog back since the dawn of time, that's stupid and favoritist.

It's because HFY tards wank over DAOT humanity and think they outclassed everyone. They either don't read, or more likely choose to ignore long established lore.

The only remaining Oligarchs of the Eldar Empire did live in Commoragh before they were murdered and replaced by the Kabal system. Some Deldar Archons are still descended from these ancient families and use it as a reason to be smug about their superiority even over other Trueborns.

If I recall though it is the Exodites who are living in a fashion most similar to the Eldar who actually built the Empire to begin with, sans the who soul stone and World Spirit thing

Not supported by any fluff.

Eldar controlled the entire galaxy prior to the fall. They didn't live on every planet, nor did they care about other races colonising places they had no interest in, but it is explicitly stated that they were uncontested.

>b-b-but the Eldar Empire was just the Eye of Terra

There are Maiden and Crone Worlds across the galaxy. Much like the modern Imperium, the Empire was spread out in pockets across the galaxy, connected by FTL. There are aliens living all over Segmentum Obscurus and Ultima and even Solar, but those are still considered part of the IoM.

Outdated fluff bruh.

The Emperor was just a very capable psyker until he bartered with the Chaos gods for more power. Big E is simply a suped up sorcerer of Chaos who managed to renege on his bargain, bit still ended up getting fucked over for it in the end.

Wait, what?
Is that Horus Heresy book stuff?
Tbh, I like that idea more, than the idea that the Emps was just a super speshul human who magically was more powerful than any other psyker in the existence, because he was formed due to a bunch of neolithic shamans doing a murder ritual together.

The idea that he gained power by basically stealing it from Chaos Gods is more intriguing.

It's HE stuff, yeah.

He was still a very powerful psyker beforehand. It's not clear HOW powerful, but it is clear that the majority of his later power, including the ability to create the Primarchs, came from the bargain.

Is that a sith holocron?

I am ok with him being a powerful psyker, but the idea that he was as powerful as he was by 30th millenium from the get go, does not sit right with me.

Same. Lots of people are super asshurt at the HH for 'making the Emperor a total hypocrite' without seeming to understand that he was always a nasty motherfucker with few scruples.

The bargain thing IMO makes more sense and highlights the most extreme facet of the Emperor's character - his overpowering hubris. He's supremely confident that he and he alone can control anything and do anything, and it's totally IC for him to think he can play his way out of a deal with the Ruinous Powers.

To be fair, he almost did. If he'd let them in on the existence of the Dark Gods, and ordered them to be alert to their corruption, they odds are that the Horus Heresy would never have gotten off of the ground to begin with - Lorgar would have purged Erebus and Kor Phaeron, and the whole mess would have been stillborn.

That's yet again another demonstration of his hubris.

He makes these godlike mini-clones of himself to manage his affairs, but he still believes that only HE can handle the truth. If he had been more open with his sons and more receptive to ideas from anywhere but his own head, he'd have probably built something great. Instead his inability to believe in anything but his own strength brought him low and he ended up creating the most brutal, inefficient, ignorant civilization in galactic history.

I don't think they were as cruel or evil, sure there were probably a fair few into some dark things, but most were just about doing drugs and fucking on entirely new levels

To be fair, the eldar really don't have an empire left. It's like arguing who is the rightful ruler of the
>
>
>
Germany or Austria in the current year.

As Imperial, I recognize the Eldar were, unarguably, the galaxy's #1 during their golden age (although not powerful to squash everyone else like bugs, as some claim).

The issue with them is behaving like they still own the galaxy, despite the shitstorm of the Fall and the ascension of Mankind. Instead of keeping a severe anal pain, they should chill off, like their cousins Exodites, and accept the fact their once greatness won't come back anytime in the future.

Lore explicitly states that nothing could touch them at their height. Not Orks, not humans, and not anything else. Their fall came entirely from within because they were that powerful.

Yeah, The Last Church, for all it's freshman atheism vs religion arguments (but at least Graham McNeil admitted that writing a good metaphysical wasn't his strong point), shows that the Emperor is a huge hubristic ass who thinks he's better than all the other hubristic "ends justifies the means" tyrants before him.

He was sure the Great Crusade would pacify the galaxy, in a way he thought would also weaken Chaos, before the Chaos Gods would start stirring up shit. Everything was gambled on that and he failed.

Despite not being a mixture of shamans, he is still the strongest psyker that ever existed, lived for at least 30k years and wasn't entirely human. He had every right to think himself better. And he did give humanity all the options to fix themselves, only after leveryrhing went to hell after the DAoT did he step out of the shadows.

>doesn't know that the Emperor is literally the only thing preventing Chaos from literally devouring reality

That's true, but aren't the very best of human psykers better than the best Eldar psyker? And that's ignoringLibrarians, primarchs and all of their Chaos counterparts that are leagues better than them.

heh

Usually in fantasy, humans are more powerful magic users because they go for high-risk/high reward with their magic because of their short lifespans. Elves, because of their longevity, take it nice and easy. Because if you're gonna live for centuries, why risk it all because you couldn't be assed to be careful.

And also, Eldar psykers have to be more careful because reckless use of psychic shenanigans attracts Slaanesh's attention.

You make it sound like it's something to be proud of.

Bruh, Librarians are not generally better than Farseers.

Humans have a higher upper limit because they have less control. Note that Alpha Plus level psykers are almost invariably insane and wracked with Chaos corruption. The only example of a sane Alpha Plus that didn't explode into a warp portal or whatever is Malcador, and his feats are roughly on par with Eldrad's (i.e. moving celestial bodies is the most impressive thing either of them do).

How do you guys think it was like living in a human world in that was in the frontier with the old Eldar empire?
Things would probrably be messy and sticky.

The Eldar Empire was pretty insular, I don't think they'd bother the Humans too much.

>Eldar have Ynnead
Except that Ynnead's birthing Ritual got Kill-teamed and Eldrad himself almost ate a cart-full of bolter rounds.

>I don't understand why humanity fans are so remiss to admit the Eldar were once superior to them.
Cause it's still not ironed out what-happened with Eldar-human relationships during DAOT.

Depends on the whims of the Eldar. One moment your drinking a nice barrel of ale with them, the next their trying to shove said barrel up your ass.

God no. Canonically the Eldar went out hunting humans. Even DaoT humans were considered sport to Eldar.

Remember that Eldar were capable of fighting Crons on a roughly even scale and Crons have a fucking device that controls suns on a galactic scale.

Humanity's top game was 'oh mass produced Baneblades and Titans with nuclear plasma reactors' or 'warp bombs'. Neither of those are remotely on par with Crons or Eldar.

>Canonically the Eldar went out hunting humans. Even DaoT humans were considered sport to Eldar.

They already fucked it up once, no way are they first in line.

One of the older Eldar/Dark Eldar codices mentions it in a page talking about how advanced the Eldar were and how their decadence led to the rise of Slaanesh. Around 3rd or 4th edition.

I remember it talking about how society had pretty much been automated so all the Eldar just divulged in making art and decadence. Theres a line in it mentioning they made sport of the lesser races as they would beasts and they thought nothing of it.

That's supported by the fact the Eldar mentioned humans expanding across space but nothing more than a nuisance.

So you can't inherit from your father once he's dead?

Not if he doesn't have any stuff to pinch.

you don't inherit your parents dumbass

Can someone fill me in on dark eldar? All these aspect warriors are a craftworld thing, and so are farseers, autarchs and warlocks because of the paths system. That means an eldar empire army would have only guardians, jetbikes (no vipers), war walkers, wraith units, grav tanks and maybe warp spiders if it was taken from the eldar codex. How does dark eldar look?

you inherit his stuff

3/10 made me reply

The Path System was developed by the Craftworlders so they could make war without getting emotionally invested and thus risk falling to the whims of Slaanesh. Dark Dldar have no such concerns as they make use of the suffering of their captives to mend their souls of the bits they lose to Slaanesh by expressing themselves. They can thus be whatever type of warrior they wish to be with no concern for spiritual discipline. The use of Psyker powers has been banned outright since Slaanesh has a constant eye of Commoragh and the risk of daemon incursion is to great. Over the millennia of no use the Deldar have lost their Psyker abilities entirely.

Prefall Imperial Eldar mostly made use of highly advanced autonomous weapons in order to defend themselves however the majority of the Technology was lost at the fall. How their actual living warriors behaved I have no idea.