Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Join /pfg/'s official lewd Eastern themed fluffy tail game! Hurry up, apps are filling up. Make your own nation of cute kitsune!
app.roll20.net/join/1698250/KPjOew

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest (ends next monday so check it out): docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v9SaSFgq4LM
youtube.com/watch?v=gjeK5fS2u5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Since this went unnoticed earlier today...

Thoughts, suggestions?

Since the Eastern Tails campaign seems to have filled up, is anyone else gearing up to run a campaign?

youtube.com/watch?v=v9SaSFgq4LM

Is this the kind of childlike kitsune daughter you get out of Astral Plane demiplane timey-wimey craziness?

Tell me about your party, /pfg/.

>I'm going to give you a big ole kiss and you can't stop me!
>I haven't chewed on any of the furniture in here for like, a week! It's a new record!

Selkie stop being cute, please.

I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Consuming Creature gives you all of those abilities straight up.

I don't want to spend hours upon hours looking through the bestiary for unique Ex, Su, or SLAs. I was hoping people would throw some of their favorites at me.

Right now I'm in a 3 person party.

I'm playing a merfolk sorceress that summons the shit out of things and does general battlefield control and buffs

We have a dwarf barbarian as our pirate ships' captain. He is retarded and most likely going to die soon

And a half elf ranger as our navigator man. He shoots stuff and has good perception.

We also have 25 crew spread over 3 ships. 1 is a werewolf and 5 are weresharks. We also have a giant octopus and a young adult red dragon I befriended traveling with us

So far it's been lots of fun

Have you ever used the creatures of the Dark Tapestry in your games?

The Dominion of Black?
The Night Heralds?

We've got 25 crew on just one ship!

And 8 of them are auxiliary craft pilots and weapon operators, leaving 12 more to handle the actual ship weaponry!

I'm in an interesting campaign where we started at level 1, but also started with 10 Mythic ranks.

The party is a bit odd. We have:

>A Human Guardian Brawler acting as the sort of Only Sane Man of the party, bashing people's skulls in with an adamantine tankard and his fists

>A Half-Elf Champion Fey-Bloodline Bloodrager with an Elven Curve Blade that probably deals 75% of the party's overall DPS. Also played by the DM's girlfriend, but there hasn't been any favoritism as far as I can tell

>An Aasimar Hierophant Warpriest focusing on a neat homebrewed variant of Versatile Channeler combined with Channel Smite to use both Positive and Negative Energy with Fervor through her Quarterstaff. Also played by the Brawler's girlfriend.

>My 1500 year old Elf Archmage Collegiate Initiate Arcanist sitting on 35 Int and focusing on targeting saves with Channel Power to practically guarantee that spells with have their full effects

Things have been really fun, even though it took a bit of getting used to for the DM to balance encounters around the rocket tag that is Mythic stuff

We got a spot in a level 8 faux southeast asian/indian campaign. 25 PB with a bunch of houserules. High optimization floor. The GM is in NZ, so it runs 11pm-6am UTC-5. It should be running right now, but a few of the players are being ass, and we don't roll without at least 4. No Path of Weeaboo Fightan Magic or Spheres, unfortunately. If you're interested, drop a Skype contact or a throw-away email, and I'll message you to get you in contact with the GM. If you're a fit, and you're interested, you can join our merry band.

Her name is Kinu. KINU!

It looks sort of like "Kitsune."

"Selkie" is for a seal!

I'm going to play as a psion telepath/body thief for the Hell's Vengeance Adventure Path, who's on the hunt for the most physically attractive body out there to take over permanently. I hope there's some real good waifu material NPCs in the campaign, but not for the reason that you'd think.

If that's not fuckin' evil then I don't know what is.

We are looking to hire more crew when we get back to town but only like 10 or so people. Two of the ships are small cargo ships with light cannons. Probably going to pimp them out with big guns to assist in flanking with our galleon as they are quite a bit faster

HER
NAME
IS
SELKIE

youtube.com/watch?v=gjeK5fS2u5Q

What about an awoo instead?

Yo someone have a link for the Horror Adventure pdf?

It's not in the link repository.

There is a Barbarian who has Power Attack and never uses it, ever. He effectively has infinite Rage rounds because he can't keep track of it, but I still have to remind him to switch it on anyway.

There is a Witch who took "utility" spells that occasionally come up in non-combat scenarios, and tries to scout with the snake that functions as her spellbook.

There is a Bard who can handle lots of social situations and loves going for creative disguise-and-bluff related solutions. Is actually successful most of the time, but in combat will just stand back and give Plus One to everyone else doing things. My favourite player anyway.

There is a Holy Gun Paladin. It's just a Paladin trying to make a firearm work.

There is also a Rogue who cannot pick a lock but instead jumps really well, and cannot be made to understand with any permanence that Sneak Attack happens by flanking, isn't a special action itself, actually uses a weapon, and that Stealth in combat with no abilities that help it doesn't really work too well.

Kinu > Velouria

Everything everything about her is just bigger and perkier.

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who has the puffiest vulva of all?

How come foxboys, wolfboys, foxgirls, and wolfgirls want nothing more than to have their tails brushed?

>Posting the WIP arts I share before I've drawn the full party and made corrections

Pls no
You know who you are ;_;

reminder that Eastern fashion is best fashion for females

>Nagaji Naga Aspirant Druid-intends to be the guardian of the city once she fully transforms into a naga. Lived in the sewers, likes spitting blinding venom into bad people's eyes.
>Halfling Medium-formerly on the run from the law for graverobbing. Has a considerable interest in ancient relics. May have been created purely for the sake of a pun.
>Ru-shi Dhampir Skald-wants to really LIVE, unlike his asshole dad. A true bro. Has a bizarre fascination with the number 9.
>Hengeyokai (usagi) Vigilante-former maid to the murdered lord of the city. Unsure what to do with life after avenging him.
>Human Shield Champion Brawler-professional athlete turned adventurer. Likes being a prick. Dislikes his conscience making him do the right thing.

What would an AP designed for Path of War look like?

>tfw no party

Dynasty Warriors* set in Tian Xia with the party out to reunite the Successor States and reform the Empire.

*Includes Lu Bu.

Because it's a sign of trust, those places need to be brushed often, and it stimulates the base of the tail which is a fairly strong erogenous zone.

Beastmorph/vivisections alchemist 10, master chemist 2.

I get fly 60, pounce, and grab when I'm in my Hyde form...

how can I made this into an incredibly bullshit charge/pounce/grapple murder machine?

Apart from feral mutagen, vestigal armx2, greater mutagen, power attack and arcane strike I have no idea what i'm doing.

I'm avoiding skinwalker because it will make my DM mad.

Sauce?

Will you share the full picture later?

Currently playing in a Wrath of the Righteous game with the following party:

>Gwyn: Human Paladin (Oath Against Fiends) of Iomedae - On the surface she's every hotblooded/genki-girl paladin stereotype, a persona she's developed to make up for her deep seated self-esteem and abandonment issues. Also has more than her fair share of demon blood, a fact she's trying to keep hidden. Currently feuding with the party Inquisitor, who may or may not have killed her Baphomet Cultist parents.

>Dalton: Aasimar Inquisitor (Infiltrator) of Asmodeus (me) - A spy for the church of Asmodeus who got dragged into this crusading shit against his will. Oftentimes finds himself playing the Ego to Gwyn's Id, trying to steer this group of braindead do-gooders onto a path which may lead to something productive. Usually gets loudly shouted down by the rest of the group. The party is currently unaware of his actual religious affiliations, and believes him to be an Iomedaean.

>Marrun: Aasimar Cleric of Iomedae - The balancing force between Dalton's ruthless pragmatism, and Gwyn's relentless optimism. Overall he's quiet and observant, dedicated to recording all he sees using an artifact of his (now defunct) holy order. Has some, as of yet unexplored, history with the Wizard and a powerful demon.

>Ven: Human Wizard (Evoker) - A staunch pacifist, who learned to harness evocation because he thought it looked cool. Has lived in a tower all his life, and has little to no understand of how the outside world works. Doing an excellent job of pissing off every else due to his unwillingness to harm living creatures (including demons), insisting on taking the lead during negotiations (with a cha of 8 and no ranks in any relevant skill), and tendency to stroll headlong into danger. Has some connection to the event which destroyed the cleric's order.

How much does a full party spread like that cost?

I will
These were meant to be quick sketches so as they are they're sorta-finished; the main thing is that the picture is missing two party members

I have no idea really, for a number of reasons I don't really do commissions right now.
I'm glad you think it's something worth paying an indeterminate amount for though!

Have you ever seen a character who was designed from the get-go to suffer done well? The kind of character you actually felt bad for and wanted to see them succeed?

No, nobody I game with has ever made one of those. They GET made by killer dice occasionally though.

How do you apply for the Eastern fluffy tail game and NOT get snubbed by the elitist GM?

Did you try making an interesting character?

make a character whose level of importance is in line with the rest of the accepted members. Flesh out the backstory with NPCs and hooks for the GM. They seem to be going for a political and warring states kinda thing, so something related, I'd imagine.

>Assigning subjective rankings to applicants and selectively only letting the best ones by the GM's opinion into the campaign is elitist

Really?

In a homebrew city-based game with 6 districts [Strength, Passion, Ambition, Knowledge, Order, and the middle 'Golden Tower']:

Felix- Human Magician Bard; newspaper writer that has diplomanced his way into rigging an election in the Ambition district (with the Rogue as the candidate), and getting the arcane high council of the Knowledge district to stop pointless infighting long enough to actually solve big problems.

Calisto- Human Rogue/Shadowdancer; he's got a huge murderboner that he's constantly trying to reign in and still manages to be CG. The mafia and church of Ambition hate his guts for becoming such a popular candidate.

Kichak- Tengu Sacred Huntmaster Inquisitor; left the district of Order to hang out with his adoptive human father in the district of Passion. Longtime friends with Felix, he's pretty much the party leader, keeping us organized and on-task. Arrested Baba Yaga's Black Rider who is now allied with the party.

Pizza Frog- a Grippli Bard; Pulled from some storybook by a pair of fey hags (who were spreading a jungle to take over Passion; also responsible for bringing the Black Rider here). Makes good pizza, looks like pizza, smells like pizza, has greasy skin instead of toxic skin. Throws cooking tools at people and inspires the party.

Flynn Trickfoot- Halfing Underfoot Adept/Drunken Master Monk; Played by me, after his family fucked up and got executed in the district of Order, he fled to Passion, and took up alchoholism. Very drunk all the time. pitied by the party even though they don't know his backstory yet, but they keep him drunk and happy because he's good at tripping things and distracting opponents in battle. Has pissed off the rogue on several occasions by doing the drunk thing instead of the correct thing, so now he hates me. Flynn's primary thought in battle: "I'mma trip it. If I can't trip it, I'mma shoot it with fire." Personal accomplishment: tripping the Black Rider's mount. Personal goal: Trip Colossal stuff.

What's a "level of importance"?

If you make a guard in a campaign of nothing but royalty, you are not as important to the world, therefore it is harder for you to get accepted. All the folks who were accepted were royalty. Make a royal, or somebody damn close to royalty. A child of an exceedingly wealthy merchant or some shit.

Anyone got the Roil Dancer Kineticist PDF and feel like sharing?

Just be creative and write about something that is interesting for you and that you think would interest someone else. He's obviously looking for cool characters and exotic locals for a vast world-building game.

It's so kind of you to play with the mentally handicapped, user.

Someone who wields some level of influence over the setting. This seems to be a sticking point for the campaign - it's based around people who are movers and shakers in the world. That doesn't necessarily mean prince or princess, but it could. Consider, for example, a courtesan who holds sway over a powerful noble, or a famous soldier.

If you're just some mook, that's not going to be viewed as terribly interesting or enticing. If your character is the commander of the city guard of a major city, or is a wealthy and powerful merchant lord, or the apprentice of the world-famous Great Sage, then you'd be talking.

Have you tried not being a shitposting faggot?

Crazy idea, I know, but just crazy enough to work. I mean, if is the high water mark, then it shouldn't be that hard.

Nigga it was fair game. He said world building and you didnt do world building.
Everyone knows rejection hurts but you gotta act tough: whining has never gotten anyone any pussy.

What's so bad about the walls of text?

They look readable to me.

Just out of curiosity, what do people think of the not!Mongolia group that I wrote up?

Same group, homebrewed pirate world campaign turned kingdom-builder.

'The King', formerly known as 'The Monk'- CG Human Monk of the Four Winds; naive and ignorant as fuck, drew the Throne card from the Deck of Many Things and founded the Kingdom of Amicitia, party leader. He's super friendly and the party protects him from learning how horrible the world really is. Has regularly nat20'd grapples against encounters the party was not supposed to be able to beat in combat, including a few demigods.

Dart- CN Grippli Vivisectionist/Monk/Rogue/some other stuff probably; Has above +50 stealth when not trying, can get to around +80 if he tries hard, will reach +90-something later on. Has to avoid using his stealth too well, because it attracts his accidental fiancé, the local CE goddess of chaos and plants. Wants to find a way to hide from death.

Absinthe- LG Lizardfolk Serpentfire-Adept/Paladin of Cayden Cailean/Champion of Irori; mysteriously pulled straight from Tian-Xia on Golarion to this weird corner of the universe. In charge of local police, and reigning in the party from going full evil.

Redd- CN? Kitsune Mesmerist; An alien from one of the nearby planets who escaped an invasion of technologically advanced vampires. Posing as a human, no one has found him out yet. He's the kingdom's diplomat. Can bluff/diplomacy gods.

Hei Yu- N Half-Elf Bladebound Magus (with 1 level in Sensei Monk); played by me. Is more of a wizard than most wizards, an ex-slave from the 'eastern' pirate guild/country. Focused on the pursuit of magic and science, buries himself in the ever-expanding magic library that came with the castle to avoid stressing out about the next weekly apocalypse. Min-maxed for Spellcraft and Kn:Arcana, I've crafted 60ish% of the party's gear at this point. Decidedly hates all the local gods except for the LE one (that guy doesn't really do anything except be the sun).

And joining us soon: a CG Human Time Thief

Actually pretty nice. It is the application I liked the most.

>June Somday
>Lawful Good Asimar Divine Commander, drinks too often and a tad hardheaded, lets his summons do the work.
>Major Esma
>Neutral Evil Hobgoblin Pain Taster, interplanar dance sensation reeling at the death of his wife and child in a dancing accident.
>Ardovan Valain
>Lawful Good Dwarf Torag Cleric, the closest thing the party has to a conscious, currently dealing with the fact this his just revived brother hates him.
>Andromeda
>True Neutral Human Stars Oracle, against everything the party does for moral reasons, unsure what those moral reasons are.
>Grik'nak
>??? Kobold Dragon Herald, savior of the Kobold race.
>Rovas
>Lawful Evil Tiefling Warlord, currently two timing in the blood war and on a very quick road to a drow political marriage.
>Crok
>Chaotic Neutral Orc Brawler, recently adopted a yuan'ti that the party found and came out of retirement for one last job.

This guy has it.

Catgirl has the best application because it's short and conveys info well, not like 2hu's and the blinkling sheepfucker's.

So what's our plan here, guys? How are we BTFOing the sheepfuckers in /pfg/'s Eastern fluffy tail game?

Is there anyway for my Brown-fur transmuter to stay in Form of the Dragon for several hour?

Extended spell help but not enough.

So I was having some thoughts. I was looking over the Unchained Barbarian vs. the current barbarian. There are actually some design decisions I liked out of the unchained barbarian and some I did not. I was thinking of doing a rewrite of the unchained barbarian after the unchained gunslinger gets done.

Mainly I had an idea of separating out totems into a separate progressing class feature that you choose early on, occupying a similar space to what Orders do for cavaliers currently, including extra class skills. The main thing it would do is allow space for a "altered rage" in much the same way orders alter challenge.

So it would become:
>Rage Powers (doing what Unchained does with stance powers and the like)
>Totems (which now do both in and out of combat stuff on a static progression track)
>Rage (back to unchained barbarian stat increases)

Now DR, Increased Movement, and Trap Finding. I have been thinking of what would happen if they were instead packaged into rage powers (except perhaps DR). By doing so it frees up space for where the Totem would be and allows for totems to be a larger and more influential class feature.

Thoughts on this? Does this preserve what you think a barbarian should be?

Right now Barbarians are tier 4, a good tier 4 but still there. Ultimately the goal of the Unchained classes is to bring pure martials into tier 3.

Seems interesting. Every barbarian getting a totem that auto-scales seems cool.

And btw: without 6th level casting it is going to be really fucking hard to get to tier 6 and also not just sodomize the game before level 10. Really barbarians are where they should be in terms of power I think. Maybe give them some more options that increase versatility at the cost of damage delivered.

The rest of us are going to move on with our lives and not stroke our tiny hate-boners against an autist who actually plays the damn game?

These people are going into their own little corner of the internet to hopefully bother us less and you want to go after them?

Sweet mother of fuck were you loved as a child? Are you okay? Do you need a hug? Show me on the doll where the furries touched you.

Four level casting can get you into tier 3. While I state that it is the design goal I really do not think that it will be able to accomplish it wholly.

Bringing Fighter, Cavalier, and Gunslinger into higher tier 4 was a goal. Making barbarian more than just a murder machine is also one.

Both Unchained Fighter and Cavalier have support for both in and out of combat utility. While I agree that it does not make them tier 3 it does make them a more versatile tier 4. My unchained gunslinger is actually, somehow, shaping up to be possibly tier 3 with how Contraptions work.

Rogue and Monk already received unchainings that made them pretty darn good in my eyes (rogue more than monk).

Fighter, Cavalier, Gunslinger, Swashbuckler, and Brawler need help, as do Paladin, Barbarian, and Ranger to a far lesser extent.

I have already come with a few ideas for Paladin and Ranger as well, but all of them remove spell casting in favor of more OOC class feature abilities.

>Four level casting can get you into tier 3
Can, but doesn't in just PF as far as I know. Paladins got there in 3.5 by being able to use the wizard/sorcerer spell list, and rangers by not only having lightning warrior progression, but also being able to nab druid shapeshifting.

>Eastern fluffy tail game?
What game?

Use a Ring of Continuation in conjunction with Shape Change. However you need to be level 17 to do this.

>Four level casting can get you into tier 3
lolwut?

Paladin can in Pathfinder with two archetypes I believe. I am not sure on ranger.

>>Eastern fluffy tail game?
>What game?

What are you waiting for? Sign up today!

There's something that expands their spell list into plenty more viable options for every situation? I'd like a link to those archetypes. I know there's a way to add like... four spells to your list, maybe 8. I very much doubt that's enough for tier 3.

Same group, me DMing Rise of the Runelords.

Kerras- NG Half-Orc Life Oracle from Trunau; Party mom, bartender, worshiper of Pharasma and Cayden Cailean. She will cut you in half with her 18 Str and falchion. Husband and child murdered by sudden undead attack.

Tum (for short)- CG Gnome Bard from Andoran; Twilight Talons fanboy, in Sandpoint for the theatre, venerates Milani. Super helpful nice person that stays away from the spotlight.

Elanna- CG Shoanti Fighter; She's young and prideful, naturally gifted, and recently exiled from her tribe (Hawk-clan) for nearly beating her cousin to death over an archery contest.

Gallender- CN Spireborn Half-Elf Sloth Wizard; Besmara worshipper, sleeps in, ex-pirate wanted by several people. Wants to learn more about ancient Thassilon and become a 'great and powerful magician' to instill some pride in his Spire-elf father towards him.

Bastion- CG Varisian Unchained Summoner; Has a fuckboy Protean named Keks who is an absolute madman/memlord. Bastion is a fun guy who's up for anything, and is unknowingly blessed by Groetus. Jousts on his Eidolon in combat to emulate his father who died in the last Mendevian crusade.

And finally, 'Klinks'- N [leaning NG] Goblin Vexing Dodger Rogue; a complete scaredy-cat who was bullied by other gobbos for reading. From the Bridcruncher tribe, had an interesting encounter with a paladin, ended up with letters of introduction to Ameiko and Sheriff Hemlock. Has done odd-jobs for people around town. Super good at climbing and making common people nervous by being really forward.

Paladin (Sacred Servant), Medium (Spirit Dancer) and Bloodrager UMD/Monstrous Physique builds hit Tier 3. One can argue there are potential other options that do this - generally requiring a 4th level casting + additional spell list options.

I wanted to apply but it seems kind of full and that the gm already had already good possible candidates. Plus I cant come up with a whole country for the guy I wanted to play A corgi blinking cavalier with a corgi mount. Plus, it seems there is already another dog shota.

>app.roll20.net/join/1698250/KPjOew
I'll be honest. I read the GM important posts thing and don't see how it is a fluffy ear eastern game? I am confused as to what you mean, he seems to want people to say what they want to play.

I skimmed the other one and it seems people are just shouting country ideas out. Also, I don't want to offend people there but a lot of it feels like what a sixteen year old who just learned about anime would write. It doesn't seem very well thought out.

Reading more some of them are ok, but definitely would not mesh well with the kind of countries I would write. The styles are simply far too different.

I really don't see how four spells boosts a paladin to t3.

I've never understood why Spirit Dancer was considered T3 when the base class isn't. Playing silly buggers with your factotum ability won't make you any less shit at anything magical but being an arcane caster out of downtime or a six level divine caster in general. Are you supposed to cook the books pursuant to being the lower quality tool for the job turn by turn?

I get SS because it gives you a pet that's better than your class and/or makes you a buff pseudo-Inquisitor and UMD+MonPhys Bloodrager gives you standard UMD bullshit on the most faceripping chassis (Barb).

THe UMD/monstrous thing for the bloodrager is cheesy as fuck. If a build requires you to go diving though the monster manual for a specific monster to turn into then you shouldn't do it.

What's the best one out of the cat, dog, fox, and oni?

I'll be honest I don't really like any of them. If I had to pick it'd be the mongols.

The bump is predicated on having UMD, the most bullshit skill in the game, and you're sweating a signature monster choice?

Unless the Bloodrager is turning into the equivalent of a gods be damned Chronotryn or something that can pull Candle of Invocation level binding/Old Efreeti Wish Chaining tricks, picking a certain monster is as cheesy as a stick of butter.

When will /pfg/ make a game without a snub elitist GM?

You call him elitist yet thinks they are all shit. You know what that makes you? not even 16 year old anime fanfic writer tier.

Vanilla catgirl-lover detected.

Does that mean /pfg/ can't write anything for shit in general?

I don't like the character, I dislike all the characters. I like her country the best more than anything. Honestly me disliking them is just a personal taste thing. I don't want to start shit. They want a different kind of game than I would enjoy, and that's fine, people like different things.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Does it surprise you? Veeky Forums cannot write for shit and that' s kind of their thing, why would you expect quality writing from anyone here?

I kinda like the dogs because they were the ones who set the tone for everything and they made the original plot hooks.

To be desu, your personal taste is as bad as your homebrew fixes, so that isn't saying much.

That's not necessarily so. Their characters just have the stories that are 16-year old tier. That's what the GM wants, though. That doesn't mean user is worse than a 16-year old, but user doesn't write like a 16-year old, which was the audience the GM wanted. It's like if we were asked to write a children's book, and you turned in 1984. Your work would be turned down, but that doesn't make it worse than a children's book. It means it didn't have what was asked for.

That being said, your claim could be true.

Man and it's ok for you to think that. People want different things out of games. What don't you like about the homebrew fixes I will endeavor to try and amend them.

Do you expect anything from /pfg/ or Pathfinder players in general to be something OTHER than 16 year old power fantasies?

They can be. Not all are, and not all should be, but it is possible.

If I'm starting at 9th level, is it worth it to build an arcane trickster?

What's the best improved familiar for a LE wizard?

Embrace the 16 year old writing.

It's the most fun to play at a table! Don't you want to be a chuuni foxgirl harbinger?

What encompasses a good rogue in PF, /pfg/? I've only ever played casters before.

I mean honestly? No. I actually find it kind of odd the whole anime obsession in /pfg/. There are definite parallels between eastern and western fantasy, but they are very different.

Both eastern and western have young protagonists with a strange power and destiny thrust upon them, but in a big way anime targets it in a much more immature way. It partially is just how Japanese people (and some western demographics) want to consume media. It isn't a bad thing wanting more immature power fantasies, they have their appeal after a fashion.

Trust me, I watch more anime than is entirely healthy, but am also very disillusioned about it.

This game has been pitched as a catch-all, light, guilty pleasure game. You shouldn't expect a ton of depth or realistic characters.

Unchained rogue makes a good show of being decent, but it's still a 3/4 BAB d8HD skillmonkey martial.

A Hidden Blade is considerably better, if you can get PoW/E.

As for being 'good', as long as you pump your UMD, Disable Device, and Acrobatics as high as possible, you should be okay. You are one of the few core classes with Perception as a class skill, and it's important, but your Trapfinding accounts for the majority of that skill's use in your hands.

Appraise is also useful, since you can make a DC 25 (iirc) check to identify the most valuable piece of treasure in any hoard.

Also, if you take UCRogue (which you should if you can, core rogue is true suffering), consider the Minor Magic talent for Detect Magic as an at-will SLA.