What Veeky Forums related stuff did you used to enjoy when you were younger, but now you regret it?

What Veeky Forums related stuff did you used to enjoy when you were younger, but now you regret it?

>regret
You mean you used to fap to Larry Elmore's Goldmoon, didn't you OP

We all did, user. We all did.

On an unrelated note, is that a chainmail beard cover? I am totally adopting that for dwarves in my setting.
>The old guard view it as disgraceful and cowardly, concealing that which dwarves pride themselves most on.
>The new blood say it is pragmatic, and question why they would not protect that which they so pride themselves on.
>It's rapidly becoming symbolic of the conflict between the two groups, and dwarves begin to modify their armor to either protect their beard or bare it proudly, clearly displaying which side they're on.
>Said conflict is about to reach a boiling point and will soon erupt into civil war.

I've used to read Drizzt novels.

>Personal grooming civil war.
I lahv it darling.

Cant be, pretty sure, going by armor description, blue theming and the blue dragon in the background, that the helmed character is a human woman named katrina (?) or something.

Man i read these when i was like 10, I wonder how theyd hold up now.

>move slightly
>Beard hair gets caught in chains
>Beard hair gets yanked out
>cry slightly

Kitiara had black hair user, see pic related
That's Goldmoon, Tanis and Sturm on the cover of Dragons of Winter Night

>Tanis
Fuck I mean the kender, what was his name? Hasselhoff Bumfoot?

You're most likely right; The blue dragon and placement accompanying the protagonists heavily suggests it's Kitiara. In that case, the chainmail beard is there to give the armor a masculine appearance, thereby giving greater impact to the reveal that it's a woman.

Tasslehoff Burrfoot.

And here's a picture of her with the helmet off, confirming it's Kitiara.

Dasslehoff Burnfoot.

The inside is lined with a silk coverlet to avoid that scenario.

>used to

All of it.

But especially Eragon.

>What Veeky Forums related stuff did you used to enjoy when you were younger, but now you regret it?
D&D

>I wonder how theyd hold up now.
badly.

Tried running these modules last year. Sucked, So much wasted opportunity. Kender I can handle. "Go this way or there are waves of evil that eventually kill the PCs after xD6 turns" I cannot (yes it says that in the modules.

I don't regret it, but I no longer enjoy the warcraft setting.

Was ambivalent to Warhammer 40K, Veeky Forums memeing and overexposure has made me dislike it.

All the money I spent on an MtG ripoff.

It seems like such a waste now, but it was fun, I guess.

What about the books themselves.

If fapping to strawberry redheaded amazon healers is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Play D&D.

Vampire

Pissed away so much money on figures that I never looked after very well and hardly painted more than a handful f.

I actually just read the first clan novel for V:tM and it made me remember everything I liked about it.

Sad I could never find a group of people to play with. People don't transition well from d20 games to WoD.

That game moves way too fast now. I feel like there's a new set out in the local shop every time I turn around.

So glad I don't play that one anymore.

Cases and cases of miniatures and map tiles for D&D.
Whyyyy. I spent so much on them and only used some once. Probably because it's a pain to look for the ones you need and half teh tiles are so small you have to collage together even the smallest of areas.

I'm getting a guy at work to read the Elric Saga, he's trying to get me to read some Dragonlance books in exchange? How are they to read as an adult?

i have no regrets

Pretty bad.
They weren't written super-duper well and kinda move along at the pace that an advanced middle school kid would enjoy.

Suck for adults unless you have a ton of nostalgia attached to them or you enjoy reading good settings described with simple prose.

People from "d20" don't transition well to anything. They are raised on murderhobo skirmish wargames and have received such terrible brain damage from that experience so as to be rendered incapable of actually playing a real RPG.

>Eragon
This. Christ, that series is awful.

Tasslehoff, Laurana, and Kitiara.

Autumn Twilight has Tanis, Goldmoon, and Sturm.

It's a terrible, shocking revelation!
And the only reason it's supposedly important to play through the 'Dragons' adventures as the goddamn iconics. Other than that one moment (that honestly has very little story logic behind it), these characters have, like, zero ties to the world.

But what if I really, really try?

I know I've ruined at least one game with my d20 habits, but that hasn't happened in years.