Death of Veeky Forums?

Veeky Forums has always been my home board. Therefore its worthwhile that I let fellow Veeky Forums users know that there are real issues facing the site.

On /qa/, yes it still exists, Hiro announced that major sweeping changes will have to come in order to save money, including but not limited to the deletion of boards.

This was announced in a non sticky thread that only a very small minority of Veeky Forums would ever see rather than being announced to the entire site as it should have been.

I just want my home board to be aware and for the news to spread outside of a board that is barely used.

Hiro is a faggot trying to scam people into buying Veeky Forums passes. Don't listen to a fucking thing he says.

As others have pointed out, this may just mean the end of PDF sharing on Veeky Forums

Or it could be the end of entire swathes of boards.

This affects every user.

Maybe you're right.

But if you aren't, we could all be in trouble.

Which of the purple ones in Veeky Forums?

I guess we'll all have to figure out how to use mediafire.

And either way there isn't anything we can do about it. Hiro isn't taking feedback on anything, hes just doing his own thing. Under moot this wasn't a problem because he actually knew how to run a fucking community. Hiro is out just to beg for other peoples money.

I'm color blind, is that Veeky Forums at the top? Fucking hilarious.

Part of the issue is heavy traffic boards apparently.

So, perhaps you can see the issue.

just go to /p/ and hit refresh, that sound end any confusion.

You're right, we're powerless.

I still want my home board to know about this than it be silenced on /qa/

Veeky Forums isn't a heavy traffic board. It's just one of the more popular niche boards.

Oh fuck.

Hiro might delete fucking /pol/.

No one wants a containment breach of at magnitude.

There is already another thread up about it, with a link the the /qa/ thread. So you could bump that one to spread awareness.

I honestly don't think anything will happen beyond MAYBE more ads and for sure more shilling for Veeky Forums passes. But you should be using an ad blocker everywhere you go anyway.

That is, if this isn't all a troll. Its impossible to tell because Hiro is a fucking moron.

You're not wrong, Hiro is a moron. Or at least pretends to be.

Dats brutally kunnin' that is.

Or megaupload.

>more shilling for Veeky Forums passes
Not even mad I'll have a real job in July so I guess I'll buy one.

I've spent to much time on this site, I really don't feel it's unreasonable to ask the users to give a little more for the best-worst site ever.

Veeky Forums is 90% threads about video games, movies & TV, comics & cartoons, anime & manga, literature, real life history, real life science, tropes that appear in various media, ">a thing happened", and at most 10% threads that are actually explicitly about TRADITIONAL GAMES.

It is not an exaggeration at all to say the few people on Veeky Forums who actually enjoy discussing traditional games and want to continue to post threads about traditional games can ironically take refuge on /qst/ and take up very little space there.
Those who only use Veeky Forums to post ">the cute barmaid lifts her skirt and reveals several tentacles, winks at you, and no one else in the room seems to notice" would be no big loss.

>Veeky Forums is 90% threads about video games, movies & TV, comics & cartoons, anime & manga, literature, real life history, real life science, tropes that appear in various media, ">a thing happened", and at most 10% threads that are actually explicitly about TRADITIONAL GAMES.
please back this up with evidence.

I fink you means brutally kunnin'!

You seem pretty fucking new.

Anyone ever tell you that you're kind of an asshole?

So Veeky Forums needs more D&D, MTG and 40k threads? That sounds fucking awful.

Why is it that board police get so bent out of shape when people come here to post art for inspiration, practice writing, talk about other media as it relates to traditional games or just make a silly thread for laughs? You realize that if it weren't for the threads discussing these things Veeky Forums would be no different from any other shitty forum dedicated to specific games?

they will come and they say shit like
>Get ready beta cuck boards refugees incoming get ready to be enriched

Board police are pretty weird, dude

A couple weeks ago I saw someone post "why don't questfags ever try to get the CYOA threads banned?" and the response of "because they're not trying to stop anyone from having fun".

The idea that people might be more concerned with their own fun rather than trying to remove fun from others out of spite was a foreign concept.

>containment breach

kek
>tfw /pol/ got me on this site
>tfw only after a friend introduced me to 40k did I really start to browse Veeky Forums

there has never been true containment to begin with.

Actually the creation of /pol/ made it possible for shitty /pol/ memes to flourish and spill over to other boards. Before /pol/ was a thing the shitposting on other boards wasn't that big. So deleting /pol/ might lead to an increase of said /pol/ shitposting but after a while it would be much better.

That's interesting. I noticed just yesterday that browsing on my phone had gotten a LOT more ad-heavy.

Nah, they'd just migrate somewhere else.

-Much more ads
pop-up / pop under ads
malicious ads

>malicious ads

What the absolute fuck Hiro?

OP is a flailing retard. There are threads on /h/ that have been there fore literally months. Threads on /qst/ last for days, sometimes weeks. If Hiro deleted 25% of the boards on this site Veeky Forums would not be among those grossing lowest.

>/pol/ gets deleted
>they start migrating to other boards
>people tell them to fuck off when they post political shit for no reason and refuse to integrate
>/pol/ completely misses the irony

People like you are why Veeky Forums barely makes enough to keep the lights on. And you'll be the first to throw your toys out of your cot when he has to start cutting back on things. You are a cancer.

>/pol/
>being political

heh

1. there's already a thread for this topic, next time you want to start a thread consider killing yourself instead
2. Moot specifically said in his farewell that Veeky Forums is in no financial danger at all, it's faster and better than ever. Given Hiro's track record it's VERY likely he's lying to get more money from Veeky Forums pass purchases, since the other two options he proposes are "malicious ads" and "cut the server traffic in half", both of which are practically non-options but it is pretty funny that everyone interprets the Veeky Forums passes as a non-option and the traffic cut as the only answer.

>including but not limited to the deletion of boards

finally the merger of /pol/, /int/, and /mlp/ as was foretold

/pol/ already never stays to it's containment board. Even fucking /mlp/ is better

I think most of the mlp spam was just trolls harvesting the bumper crop of butthurt, so it makes sense that as the butthurt died off, the pony spam went with it.
/pol/lacks on the other hand aren't just trolling for the lulz, they've decided they're on a mission to save the internet from the liberal boogieman.

That's the issue I have with /pol/, it's not the politics, it's how seriously they take themselves