Warhammer 40k General

Taste the Rainbow (of Marines) Edition

>Genestealer Codex Picture
imgur.com/a/tncVh

>October's White Dwarf Scans
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6o7be8UuQA_eDUzbWVrQW9EbHM

>Rules Databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/u/0/mobile/folders/0B6o7be8UuQA_eDUzbWVrQW9EbHM?usp=drive_web
youtube.com/watch?v=cqlkPX1FdGU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

knew I recognized those colours from somewhere

Long run on sentence about why your opinion on 40k is okay but you're doing it wrong but if that's how you want to you can do that since it's a hobby not a game the rulebook is 100 pages long that's 10x longer than the age of sigmars 10 page rulebook the rules aren't the bible you don't have to follow them word for word aaaaaaaaaa

Any thoughts on my 2k GSC/Nids list?
>besides formatting

Genestealer cult/ Tyranids
2000pts

**LORD OF THE CULT**
Patriarch (115)
-lv2

**LORD OF THE CULT**
Magus (85)
-lv2, crouchling

**NEOPHYTE CALVACADE**

neophytes (145)
-2x mining lasers, 8 shotguns
-chimera

neophytes (145)
-2x mining lasers, 8 shotguns
-chimera

Leman russ (145)
-vanquisher, lascannon

scout sentinel (35)
-hvy flamer

**SUBTERRANIAN UPRISING**

primus (75)

metamorphs x10 (120)
-icon, claws, leader

hybrids x10 (105)
-icon, leader, 1x flamer

hybrids x5 (95)
-2x demo charge, 3x hand flamer

**HIVE FLEET DETATCHMENT**
HQ
-flyrant (240)
-flyrant (240)
-deathleaper (130)

TROOPS
-mucolid (15)
-mucolid (15)
-mucolid (15)

HEAVY SUPPORT
-mawloc (140)
-mawloc (140)

Nigga, you wat

Bottom right needs more veiny baldness 200% radness.

We got an ePub of GScults yet?

>drive.google.com/drive/u/0/mobile/folders/0B6o7be8UuQA_eDUzbWVrQW9EbHM?usp=drive_web
Can someone make this into a pdf and upload it onto media fire please

Why shotguns on the chimera neophytes?

And I think you're going to be disappointed in the vanquisher's performance.

shotguns are for later turns and coming back into play holding objectives
>they are only going to be a little less useful normally shooting and will be way more useful if I get a charge off somehow, it happens

I've never used the vanquisher but I want something to really punish some side armour on the outflank
>also having th range to hit it/ my lack of ap2 besides 4 mining lasers and rending melee

Hey, new editor. Interesting.

>tfw no Char Aznable IG commander

Fuck off. Goddamn. It will be posted when it's posted. Shut the fuck up.

Has anyone ever seen the Tau'nar with the Nexus Missiles on the table?

Jesus Christ, how many times did you ask last thread.

>That nid detachment
God you must be popular.

I'm a different guy to Scanon, but have a white dwarf subscription so you'll be getting scans every month from me

I just need a pdf guy

>I've never used the vanquisher but I want something to really punish some side armour on the outflank
If you want to punish side armours then take Exterminator. Its cheaper and by the time you get one S8 ap2 armorbane to hit, exterminator dish out puts 6 S7 ap4 hits.

Personally I pretty much play my guard-russes as exterminators with LC/MM-sponsons. That way they are pretty decently costed and work well enough as armorbusters and as MC/GC killers.

The problem with BS3 is that it just isnt reliable. Thats why you need to sport either rerolls or weight of numbers. Vanquisher has neither and Exterminator has both. And with outflank the S7 of exterminator works much better when it can target those squishy side/rear armors.

>wowo 2 flyrants what a WAACfag!!!
there is always a flyer in my local meta at 2k pts
also the flyrants are working as a compliment to the army rather than the main damage force if the game lasts 5 turns.
or is your problem those super OP mawlocs and deathleaper?
>cmon plz this is 40k

>I just need a pdf guy
....Can't google docs be saved as pdfs?
I am fairly sure all the text.pdfs I have seen for peoples fluffs came from a google doc.

Havent even seen a Tau'nar. Local Tau player owns one (and all the weapon options, damn that model is beautiful) but laments that he dares not to play with it since its rules are currently waaay over the top mainly due its massive toughness and good saves. It can be wrecked in single round of shooting from gravs but most armies cant kill it even if you shoot it 6 turns in row.

checked

Why do all the best Tau models have to be cheese?

ok fair enough, its 5 pts cheaper and you make good points
I have never played a russ so i have no idea
>I'll take your advice, thank you sir
got to add a much needed flamer on the metamorphs

Fug.

Unlikely. The current one has S:D Massive Blast and Apoc Barrage 3 battlecannons already. This one will have to be pretty fucking hardcore to compete

But isnt that the same weapon? For once its just shown fully instead of being 90% inside of an aircraft.

I keep hearing Terminators are subpar elites these days. Imma throw a weird rule out and see /tg's reactions. I think this rule has the potential to become the next "Monstrous Creature" wherein it is applied to units that have no business having it. So I don't REALLY want it in game. But It's still a fun bit of speculation.

>Sv 1+
A unit can never have a better than 2+ save against any attack. However, a unit with a 1+ armor save does not have it's armor save negated by AP2 weapons. Only AP1 weapons can negate the 2+ armor save of a Sv 1+ unit. For purposes of Grav, Sv 1+ units are still wounded on a 2+.

There! Now will you take Terminators? Or is it still not enough/too much?

would rather them be t5
>and a 1+ save is ok as long as 1's still auto fail
so you still get a save vs ap2, but a 1 still gets through

oh boy havent heard this before

I don't think the Nexus Missiles are really all that cheesy.

So it's a fuck you to armies without melta access.

"Neat"

No but the Tau'nar itself is.

I'm referring to the other Tuna Supremacy Suit weapon. The anti-infantry mortar barrage-y one.

Yes, please rape my meganobz more

Airbursting fragmentation?

More Genestealer Cult, 1850

Primary Detachment - Cult Insurrection

The First Curse - Total 395 pts

Patriarch (ML2) - Total 115 pts
Purestrain Genestealers (20 Genestealers) - Total 280 pts

Neophyte Cavalcade - Total 510 pts

Neophyte Hybrids (10 Neophytes, 2 Mining Lasers, Chimera DT) - Total 145 pts
Neophyte Hybrids (10 Neophytes, 2 Mining Lasers, Chimera DT) - Total 145 pts
Scout Sentinel Squadron (2 Sentinels w/Autocannons) - Total 90 pts
Leman Russ (Exterminator) - Total 130 pts

The Doting Throng - Total 370 pts

Magus (ML2, Crouchling) - Total 85 pts
Neophyte Hybrids (15 shotgun Neophytes, Leader, 2 Flamers, Cult Icon) - Total 105 pts
Neophyte Hybrids (10 Neophytes, Leader, Seismic Cannon, 2 Grenade Launchers) - Total 90 pts
Neophyte Hybrids (10 Neophytes, Leader, Seismic Cannon, 2 Grenade Launchers) - Total 90 pts

Subterranean Uprising - 260 pts

Primus - 75 pts
Hybrid Metamorphs (5 Claw Metamorphs, Cult Icon) - 65 pts
Acolyte Hybrids (5 Acolytes) - 40 pts

Secondary Detachment CAD

HQ

Magus (ML2) - Total 65 pts

Troops

Acolyte Hybrids (5 Acolytes, Rock Drill, Leader, Goliath DT) - Total 125 pts
Acolyte Hybrids (5 Acolytes, Rock Drill, Leader, Goliath DT) - Total 125 pts

You take Vanquishers to murder a vehicle's front armor from the other side of the table. BS3 got you down? Take a Tank Commander Warlord and roll for preferred enemy. Now you hit 2/3rd of the time, rerolling 1s. A pretty decent chance all things considered if you take a CAD. Alternatively, grab Pask for a straight up reroll to hit and reroll to pen. Finally taking a vanquisher co-tank using the Emp's fist formation will even get you 2 BS4 shots with preferred enemy and Armorbane, and an additional 2 BS4 Strength 9 shots with armorbane. It's not guaranteed, but you could feasibly erase a Land Raider in a single round with this 360 point combo.

Of course if your a filthy xeno you can't do any of that...

So do yourself a favor and
REPENT YOU FILTHY TRAITOR!

MANz should just have a special rule that makes them immune to ID and multiple wounds, just form the sheer amount of salvaged metals, adapted tech and jury rigged force projectors.

Can Space Wolves field a reasonable (read: fun/casual) army without the new Wulfen stuff. I have enough SW minis from way back in the day to field an army, but it's all just Grey Hunter, Blood Claws, Long Fangs and Wolf Guard in Rhinos with a Whirlwind as backup.

> 2 BS4 shots with preferred enemy and Armorbane, and an additional 2 BS4 Strength 9 shots with armorbane.

Whoops, I meant to say:
> 2 BS4 shots with preferred enemy and Armorbane, and an additional 2 BS4 Strength 9 shots without armorbane.

>Terminator armour confers a 2+ invulverable save, but models in terminator armour cannot benefit from FnP from any source

Do you guys ever use CAD, or are you just using formations. Or do you like to mix both once in awhile?

Even as IG thats a very subpar choice for longrange antitank.

Pulse Ordnance Multi-Driver. My point is that if the standard weapon already has a S:D Massive Blast, and an Apoc Barrage 3 Battlecannons alternate fire mode, then the super railgun variant is unlikely to be a single shot D with a S7 AP3 alternate fire mode.

It's a lot of mixing I'm finding.

Especially for Ork army building.

Playing Tau, I use the contingents so I have access to more elite options.I can field my stealth suits, crisis suits, Riptide and Ghostkeel in one game with the Hunter Contingent.

but I dont need to erase front armour, and anything in a land raider is getting fucked by GSC
>we CREED! better than you now too

My whole meta is formations
I only play CAD because grognard can't adapt

What's your long range AT? I'm guessing BS3 Lascannon teams with a senior officer granting monster hunter?

CAD, but I probably overvalue obsec.

I do find myself missing objective secured from time to time, so I usually try and mix in a small CAD.

Question, can Electro Priests and all that jazz be women? I don't remember seeing it say it was men only...

Sure. Only space marines can be men, so the rest is up to you to do whatever you feel like

Manticores are the go-to guard long range anti-tank, pask in a punisher is only medium range but he also strips more hp of a LR than pask in a vanquishers, as well as being a fuckton better at literally every other target.

Which Chaos God is Shendu a DP of? Tzeentch? Big Bird doesn't do dragons does he?

He is not a 40k character so its irrelevant.

Really? Neat.

>whatever you feel like

MALE SOB FTW

It's like asking why chaos god the teletubbies follow.

Remove Ecclesiarchy

Female Boyz where?

wowee chill out babycakes

depends on the game size, with daemons i can do fairly well with CAD but incursion is very nice though i only do it at 1500 or so.

i'm not sure how strong space wolves are by themselves

besides sisters, though maybe you could make the case for some battle dudes before voltaire got crazy

Chaos Undecided

How to fix termies?
Go back to 2d6 armour saves.

Pretty sure back in the day Orks had females. There was a short story in the Let the Galaxy Burn anthology which was basically a 40k!Vietnam story about Ork hunters murdering a Ork village and murdering the baby orks.

What are the most tragic armies?

Can't unsee this now, damn it you utter bastich.

Not him, but it's asked several times a thread, which is several times a day. It'll be here when it's here. If people aren't posting it, they don't have it, or don't want to feed people who refuse to support a hobby they apparently like, usually with the defence of "I aint giving Jew Double Jew muh moni!!!". Or whatever.

If it isn't here and you can't wait, try

I used to scan for Veeky Forums but realised it was effort on my part for nothing in return.

Make AP a modifier rather than flat removal to make bolters/similar high AP weapons worth something, give some sanity to the ranged game by giving range penalties to hit and size bonuses to hit (yes, i have the same chance to hit a warlord titan an inch from my nose with my lascannon as i am to hit a grot at max range, and they get the same save when i can see a quarter of the grot poking out from cover and the warlord has a toe in a ruin)

Accept that the game has left them behind. Termies, dreads, and carnis aint good anymore. The scale of the game just doesn't allow them to shine, and its the scale of the game you'd need to change. Just play combat patrol or enforce extensive restrictions in your group if you want to go back to 2006.

Sisters of battle

Char is already in 40k

Mantacore could work, but your relying on good scatter, got 4 shots in a game, and with AV12 armor you could easily get pinned which carries a very high likelyhood of forcing snapshots. It just feels a bit fragile. So a babysitting techpriest would be a must.

As for Pasknisher:
20 shots BS4 rerolling 1s. So, about 15-16 hits.
Need the rending so 2-3 6s.
Rending adds D3 to pen, 14 minus str. 5 minus 6 equals 3s to glance.
So 1 Hull Point on average assuming your hitting side armor at a range of 24".

I'd stick to shooting transports and infantry if I'm going to use that.

V2

The Emperor's Barbeque.

HQ
-2xCompany Command Squad, 60
+Master of Ordinance, 20
+Heavy Flamer, 10
+3xFlamer, 15
Total, 105 (210)

-2xPrimaris Psykers, 50
+Mastery Level Two, 25
Total, 150

Troops
-x6Veteran Squad, 60
+Heavy Flamer, 10
+2xFlamer, 10
+Autocannon, 10
Total, 90 (540)

Dedicated Transports
-x8 Chimera, 65
+Hull Heavy Flamer, free
+Turret Heavy Flamer, free
Total, 520

Lord of War
Cerastus Knight-Acheron, 415

Complete Total, 1835

Please stop, my nocturne penis can only get so erect.

For something that isn't good, people sure find a way to stick a Dreadnought in a list.

Not bad

>sent my email to White Dwarf
>sent suggestions to improve it
>they liked some of them
>the other was already underway (yeah right GW!)

We've seen this before and we've told you, take a Malcador Infernus or GO HOME.

By the Emperor, that's enough flame to clear out a Deathworld! Emperor above, that's enough flame to help finally thaw the recaf!

Newgrots, newgrots everywhere.

I think that's because a CAD is better than any of the Ork detachments.

And the Ork formations are usually just take 3 units of X and gain some small bonus. That's fine I guess, I just wish more of those spammy formations were for Heavy Support units. I'd take a formation of multiple Lootas or multiple Looted Wagons to free up some HS breathing room.

Each squad of pathfinders is actually 5, the way battlescribe lists it is a little weird though, 1 squad is 4+shasui and the second is 2+2 rail rifles+shasui

I like the idea of marker drones but OK worried they'll never hit with bs 2 at least the guns get twinlinked

I think the Acheron is more ded-killy versus that thing.

The 2+ poison AP2 one is ded killy, but lacks the CC potential of a Knight. Your choice

Just started a Red Hunter ally fotce for my IG since I refuse to waste points or money on things like Hydras. I figure their chapter tactics would help cover any weaknesses in a given games matchup. Besides Las Devs being an obvious choice, what else should I consider taking in it?

The good thing about marker drones is that they can move and not shoot snap shots. Because they have the jet pack rule and that rule includes the relentless special rule

Pathfinders are just shit, they die to a small breeze. Its sad really because I much prefer pathfinders to drones.

if your drones are BS2, you're doing it wrong.

drone controller
or
drone net

instantly makes them better.

also with the T:4 and relentless, they are the best choice for markerlights

>veil of time
>2++ rerollable

no ty

You forgot that he re-rolls armour pen. 15-16 hits results in closer to 5 6s

Never because orks are asexual

I wish they would just move Lootas to Troops or somewhere else.

They do not feel like they belong in Heavy Support. Especially in the current day and age where things like Knights and Crisis Suits can be taken as Troops for their respective factions.

Still, I am fond of Mogrok's Boss Boyz.

Yeah but it's a cooler looking tank. How much is the Acheron? The 2+ is really the killy bit. AP2 with 2+ Poison is great for template rapage.

Anyone here from Nottingham?

So once Veeky Forums is closed, who's mainting the list and where?

Has anyone here considered using the Genstealer Cult rules to make the Addams Family?
youtube.com/watch?v=cqlkPX1FdGU

Usually random lascannons (on Malcador Infernus) and Heavy Artillery Carriages with psyker&order support. My army doesnt have that much effective longrange AT-fire but can handle enemy armour very effectively via sideshots, meltaguns, weight of fire (dem Vultures into rear armor mmmmm), Armoured Battlegroup Vanquisher (sue me, they are only good Vanqs due having Beast-Hunter Shells) or just jumping up-and-down on scary stuff with my knight.

In the end vehicles are hardly ever a problem for me. The real problem are MCs.

I've been to Nottingham. It's a clusterfuck of confusing streets and roads. Got lost there once, had to ask a bobby for directions. Even he got lost.

Also, anti-terrorist armed police everywhere. 1984 desu.

The list? Mega list? There is a Steam Veeky Forums group, can contact the creator of it and get him to do some shit or something.

No Malcador Infernus/5