World Building Arabic Societies

I draw a ton of fantasy maps, I mean I always end up throwing them out anyway but I've honestly never made an Arabic sort of civilization for the worlds nor have I even pondered what kind of magic they'd use or conventional war tactics or anything. Anyone with experience with that sort of pondering have any ideas for such a thing?
I don't know, there's no general rn so I figured I'd make a thread for it.

Pic related is from Cartographers' Guild, not mine. I thought it looked pretty cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/18350298/
europabarbarorum.wikia.com/wiki/HalMalkut_HaNabati
europabarbarorum.wikia.com/wiki/Sab'yn
iranpoliticsclub.net/photos/U11-Sassanian1/index.htm
web.archive.org/web/20110805092956/http://www.deremilitari.org/resources/articles/ehrenkreutz.htm
sacred-texts.com/asia/index.htm
sacred-texts.com/zor/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I only played Al-Quadim a few times, but it was a pretty fun setting

Then again I am an American so all I know about the Middle East is flying carpets and blue genies.

Also I made a Veeky Forums colony on a Mineautism server. I figured I'd put it out there (not advertising nor promoting a raid) if anyone is autistic and wants to help out with it.
I'll dump the address if anyone's interested.

Top kek
Some kind of Terroristland sounds fucking awesome actually

Guilds of Ravnica theme town when?

Boros stronk

Yes Please

I am interested in the server. whats the setup

Aight man cool it's called Devoted, running on the latest version at play.devoted.mc
I'll give you coords if you /m message me I'm Bob_Namg
It's basically if you took Factions and made it into nation building instead of running around raiding shit and making shit unbreakable magically (you actually have to reinforce shit and it's not permanent depending on who is trying to tear it down)
I don't know this is kind of off-topic but whatever.
Anyhow I've been reading the Prince of Nothing series by Scott Bakker and I quite like his take on the people who live in the arid lands and their religion and culture. Worshipping the damn tusk of a demon thing that wiped out several kingdoms in the north and waging holy wars over ancient lost provinces. Fun times.

Pic related is a mock-up of the settings of the books.

joining you senpai

Thanks famalam

What period of Arabic are you after? I can help you out a little. I assume the standard late antiquity early to high medieval Arab sort?

Is the existing worldbuilding thread. I'm sleepy so I forget how to link to a topic. Oh wait. >

Medieval sort yes
Also I didn't notice that Worldbuilding thread, good to know there's one I suppose. Too late now, and half the reason I made this thread was the autism thing anyhow.

uh where are you guys?

Can confirm the block autism is cozy

You know what fuck it man
Veeky Forums town's at
-3822 -4580
I'll bring you up to speed on the mechanics of the server my Ign is Bob_Namg

Well to complicate matters since your thread has posts but theirs doesn't, I am replying in their thread since they had the copypasta links in the OP to help people along. Not sure if we want to migrate there or not.

But check that thread for my replies.

i haven't played since alpha

what am i supposed to do to see cords? can i tp to you guys

Alright that's cool
I'll bump the /wbg/
Make sure to tell the guy who made that thread with the naruto pic that there's a general up
Use F3, what's your ign?

ill message you

is it just /tell ?

It's /m yea
/tell works too

You still there man?

Is this shooting for unironic Allahu Akbar RP, or we talking just Arab Golden Age styling?

I'm interested, I'd like to make a durkadurkastan.

No I'm just talking Golden Age styling
Okay I posted the server address earlier it's play.devoted.mc

And the dude in the /wbg/ fucking nailed it too.

Some info sources:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/18350298/

europabarbarorum.wikia.com/wiki/HalMalkut_HaNabati

europabarbarorum.wikia.com/wiki/Sab'yn

iranpoliticsclub.net/photos/U11-Sassanian1/index.htm

web.archive.org/web/20110805092956/http://www.deremilitari.org/resources/articles/ehrenkreutz.htm

sacred-texts.com/asia/index.htm

sacred-texts.com/zor/index.htm

I'll probably drop by in an hour or two. Sounds like a bit of fun.

What the fuck is going on in Mu?

Does Conan ever go to Mu?

Probably

Allahu ackbar country?

Is this some bullshit faction server autism yet again? Is this Coty and his friends gain?

this isnt a faction server l8 anarchy server

>coty
Who is he again? /int/craft?
No the Veeky Forums colony is in a tundra sort of area
A mix between dorfs and vikings.

Coty was the scum who ran 4craft and ruined it.

>anarchy
Sure, every server's anarchy.
The whole point of Devoted is for people to get together and make towns, and nations or kingdoms for the purpose of gaining and protecting their shit.
It's actually pretty fascinating to watch the nations evolve.

OH YEAH I REMEMBER
Oh hell no Devoted's run by a chill dude don't worry about that.

Also I need to convince Luna to take over and host another 4chab, this time without one of his madmins bombing the /pol/amid again
:P

I think there was at least one version of 4craft that was decent, and I think Coty was at the helm at that time. Was ages ago though: I remember /v/ was settled in a volcano and Veeky Forums made some elaborate as fuck dorf fort.

Veeky Forums makes a dorf fort every time