Warhammer 40k General

Space Marines are shit Tier edition

>October's White Dwarf Scans
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6o7be8UuQA_eDUzbWVrQW9EbHM

>Rules Databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>first for no one plays fortifications

Second for please update the vanilla Terminator plastics

user, you should know that that's a Lord of War.

Firing ordnance requires my tank to fire its hull guns at BS1.
Am I allowed to fire my hull weapons at full BS first and then fire my ordnance?

No.

What do the rules say, specifically?

How about a Chaos Terminator kit that has at least one of every weapon option?

You're the second user to say that but the .pdf clearly says
"A primus redoubt is a fortifications choice"

The Termie kit look fine to me.

Now look at those hideous Howling Banshee and Phoenix Lords resin crap.

In what situation would a Taurox be good?

AV11 makes me shy away from using it as a superior Veteran gunboat and while a CCS would benefit from the amount of fire points it has, they can't issue orders.

No, if you fire your other guns at full BS then you cannot fire your ordinance.

Rate my color scheme. Like I said they'll have the lightning motifs of the white scars only in white instead of red. Models will be horus heresy sons of horus models from some of the squads themselves.

The other version, the one that's fast, could have some uses.

It's fucking sickening. I just want some thicc plastic banshees to decorate my desk, not this resin shit full of bubbles.

We desperately need new Warp Spiders, although the other aspects are resin at least they're nice sculpts.

Warp Spiders and Swooping Hawks are fucking hideous.

9/10, looks good user. Where will you put the white lightning bolt though? The other shoulder pad is white. Will it just be a black outline?

Had a game today, my deathwatch vs. genestealer cult. Game felt super fluffy, and was great. GS cult seems like a fun codex to play against.

>tfw 2 frag cannons take out an entire first curse formation by themselves

If you want my honest opinion, I like the blue but I just think there's too much going on. I would get rid of the white hands and feet.

I'm working on cleaning up the Chaos tactics. I updated the "Why Play Chaos Space Marines" and "Difficulties of playing Chaos Space Marines" sections, and cleaned up the Helbrute unit entry.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)

Oh meant that the white lightning bolts on say the leg or across the face. The actual symbol itself will be crossed axes in black.

Can't figure out what chapter tactics I wanna run though. Probably the one that lets me take as many jump troops as possible.

in reply to Was thinking that a little too. I'll change it.

ARMIES THAT LOOK FUCKING COOL:
>gencults
>dark eldar
>admech
>daemons
>harlequins

ARMIES THAT LOOK PRETTY COOL
>CSM
>scions
>craftworld eldar
>nids
>orks
>kroots (yeah I'm counting them separately cause that's how they were originally designed)

ARMIES THAT LOOK LIKE SHIT:
>marines
>astramil
>sisters
>necrons
>tau

this is the objective truth btw

Hmm. But it's also restricted to Scions only and I'm going full mechVet. Is the normal one just that bad over the Chimera? I'm having real trouble justifying its use when all I want out of it is the extra fire points.

I also hate the Taurox model but always liked its ML variant for some reason

On a related note, is the Chimera Armored Transport from IA1 still legal in 7th? I ask both for the same of its cheaper cost and old fire point rules, but also for the tasty autocannon option.

I can't think of one, I can't see why anyone would want to use it other than just being a cheap transport.

Taurox Prime is pretty neat being BS4, fast and having a second weapon. Being exclusive to Scions is very limiting.

I kinda want a Chimera Prime as a DT for CCS/PCS/Veterans, that'd be great.

U WOT M8

reposting

I'm reminded of trebor soft mints.

In that case I would just stick to the Chimera, it's probably one of the best transports in the game.

As you say, it kind of looks like and armoured car that a commander would use but since it's not a command vehicle it's pretty useless.

Depends, there are two editions of IA1 now. The second edition is the only valid one and if it's rules are different to the codex I would always give the latest published material primacy.

you only got like two pretty models and they're RESIN

>No Grey Knights

> Chapter Master.

I just can't get over that dick-tail.

>Tau
>Best looking tanks in the game
>Look like shit

I've seen people use the Autocannon turret but use the 6E codex for rules like fire points, etc.

nobody gives a shit about tanks
and eldar tanks still look better

Why does that page shill so hard? Why not be honest about the faction? If someone wants to read lies and half-truths about the faction's strengths, they can easily go to GW's website or try any of the other, less critical sites.

Good on you for updating the least helpful part of the document, though.

1d4chan has always been garbage. Only the most autistic members of Veeky Forums update it, and Veeky Forums has always been home to stereotypical TVTropes-Reddit epic win exdee suchanerd shitheads.

I'd rather an autistic, meme-filled hellhole than a page that reads like it was written by a red-shirt and is in complete denial about CSM being the retarded, inbred cousin of the astartes codexes.

triggered

>Mismatched weapons on the Falcon turret
>Weird ass blade things on the Wave Serpent
>Prism and Night Spinner are just plain ugly

The only nice looking Eldar (of any type) vehicles are their fliers, Venoms, and Hornets.

Agreed. Who knows? Maybe GW might look over it and go "you know what, the inbred autistic nerds may have a point. Hey Robin Cruddace, you made an autistic person sadface!"

Imo, the vast majority of GW's 40k stuff looks cool as fuck. I think that's why they get away with charging an arm and a leg for everything. There's really only a small percentage of the kits that look bad, like that Ork Buggy, or some old characters, like the Phoenix Lords.

confirmed for shit taste
tau tanks look like star wars episode 1 toys and were EXPLICITLY designed that way.

I guess it's still workable but since IA1 2nd Ed still lists Structure Points I'd say it's out of date and therefore invalid.

>2016
>still haven't updated the Ork Warbuggy

marines
look like shit

Mixed parts dont look good.

Check WintersSEO on YouTube. Very similar color schee

>Games Workshop makes the best toy soldiers in the world

>How to Make Chaos Space Marines a Viable Codex in Three Easy Steps
1) Give them Drop Pods
2) Veterans of the Long War grants Hatred and Stubborn
3) Cut the cost of all the Marks in half (rounding up) and make additional CCW free

with GSC am I right in thinking if that my infiltrators roll a 5 on the cult ambush table I shoot during deployment?

>1) Give them Drop Pods

even then the ugly ones are usually just really old sculpts, that were ace 10 or 20 years ago when they were new.

1) Give them chapter tactics on top of marks

2) Make Chosen Sternguard

How to make orks good
Kill games workshop

its not so much a matter of giving them pods. Just put dreadclaws in the codex instead of being FW units.

>needs citation

How to make your army good
1) Don't suck.

They have them in the fluff, and their inclusion is an easy change that is immensely helpful for letting CSM get close. The Dreadclaw is just too expensive and temperamental; it would be viable if the cargo was much more cost-effective and it didn't eat the occupants.

>t. Eldar player

They already have drop pods u fag

>100 points
>only ten-man occupancy
>no IGS
>1/6 chance to eat an occupant
>can't shoot turn one
It's mostly the first point, but Dreadclaws are ass.

Sucker detected

Its not my problem if ur bad

>4 badly painted riptides

I would say:
1) Give Chaos "Pariah weapons" out of Horus Heresy 6, alongside "Pariah Plasma:"
Pariah Plasma weapons fire an extra shot beyond their normal profile (so a Pariah Plasma Rifle fires 2 shots at 24", 3 at 12"), but each roll of 1 causes two "Gets Hot" results (meaning you would have to make two armor saves when you roll a 1). Considering you lack good Preferred Enemy bubbles, this makes them a high-risk yet deadlier weapon.
2) Make the assorted "Daemonforge" units about 25 points cheaper each, and replace their Daemonic Possession with Power of the Machine Spirit. Optionally, move them both to the Elites slot so you can use it for stuff besides Termicide.
3) Make Warpsmiths a *lot* cheaper, and optionally give them Daemon, Deep Strike, and Split Fire. Preferably, roll up their assorted "Formation Bonuses" into a list of assorted upgrades they can buy.
4) Remove "Random" from the Possessed; make them able to "control" their list of powers, similar to how Oblits/Mutilators choose theirs but while not being able to use the same consecutive power. Oh, and the powers shouldn't all be variations of "we hit harder in assault" So stuff like Possessed being able to swap places with a nearby enemy unit, have Blessings cast on them on a 2+, etc. Stuff to give them "tactical utility."
5) Repurpose the assorted Cult Marine units.
6) Fix the Chaos-specific Psyker lores. At least remove the weird restrictions around using them ("Can only roll up to half your powers on the chart, but must roll at least once").
7) Allow Chaos Chosen to take 2 Heavy Weapons rather than only 1, so you can use them as a pseudo-Havoc squad similar to how Sternguard occasionally get fielded. Alternately, allow Chosen to take God-specific Daemonic mounts. Can you say Chosen on Juggernauts?
8) Chaos lacks a good "land speeder/attack bike" equivalent. Part of me likes the idea of being able to give the Warpsmith a "Chariot" (some sort of Heretek version of the Admech Abeyant).

that's a good list.

one other thing I'd like too see is cult terminators.

Those would be good admittedly. The list was very much focusing on a "competitive balance" thing though; I figure that Pariah Plasma would be almost as good as mass grav is with a few exceptions (better versus light vehicles/daemons/etc, weaker vs wraithknights or most other stuff due to "less" shots and killing yourself), but it would also let you do stuff like run your Raptors like pseudo-Scourges, or make a convincing case for Ectoplasma Forgefiends (comboed with the point break, tossing down 4 plasma blasts for 150 points would be good. Like, 3rd ed Dark Eldar Ravager good).

Oh, and arguably some sort of "Locator Beacon" equivalent that would be cool. Personally, I like the idea of the Dimensional Key being able to let your Lord kill off models in his own squad to enable units to reroll DS Scatter (so you could have him hiding in a unit of Cultists, sacrificing them to ensure your Terminators are on-target).

Taros 2nd edition has the most up to date rules for Elysians, right?

So I was assembling some finecast Mutilators today and there are a bunch of little holes in the models, that the smaller spikes attached to the sprues are supposed to be plugged into. Except they didn't fit. And there weren't even enough spiky bits for all the holes.

Let me get this straight GW, you design a mediocre slow ass melee unit, give it really derpy faces and poses, mold it with failcast, and you won't even bother to include enough bits to assemble the thing?

How in the actual fuck did 4 small blasts take out 21 models with 5+ invulnerable saves and stealth? Sounds like your opponent was just shit.

Yes.

>Small Blasts
Aren't they flame templates?

That was intended to be a super short, quick, easy way to make CSM a lot more fun and viable on the field.

On a more detailed note, my fandex is focusing on giving options for each god, giving some way to represent the other "legions" (currently using a series of Icons that grant various rules/abilities and are restricted based on alignment or lack thereof), and trying to make sure everything is cost-effective. I'd rather have expensive and effective CSM than just making everything cheap enough to reflect their current lack of effectiveness.

In order to make room for the added flexibility, I'm cutting a lot of superfluous unit entries. All the non-Prince HQ's are rolled into a generic trio of "Champion of Chaos" statlines which can then purchase a specialization similar to the 30k centurions. The cult marines are being removed and having their stuff rolled into the Marks of into Special Issue Wargear, which is being repurposed into the receptacle for Mark specific wargear like Khornate Chain Weapons, Plagued Munitions, Sonic Weaponry, and Inferno Bolts.

No, its 24" S6 AP - Assault 2 Blast, Rending

Or two high powered single shots but obviously that's not what he was firing.

you could make icons double as beacons maybe.

>No, its 24" S6 AP - Assault 2 Blast, Rending

Are you sure he doesn't mean the deathwatch frag cannon?

They were indeed deathwatch frag cannons. It was glorious, he murdered a chaff unit but only got a 1 inch consolidate. 4 templates, 7 hits a piece, 28 hits, 28 wounds (aquila kill team, rerolled all 1s to wound). I had previously gotten Null Zone off on the unit so it was only a 6++

There is literally no excuse for this still existing.

What could you really add to the vanilla terminator kit? Scrolls, skulls, studs, and more terminator honors?

I say giving CSM free marks and buffing the marks would in itself make CSM massively more powerful.

they could update them and add in things like plasma cannons or whatever like the deathwing versions. plus they could have different poses in general.

quite a lot

The kit's over twelve years old now. And if you compare them side-by-side to the bangle/dangle terminators, you can see how much sculpt/casting quality has changed for the better since.

It also gives them the opportunity to make terminator command squads a thing again.

Seriously just bits order some legs from the Blood/Dark Angels kits and shave off the wings and bloodrops.

Are there any good space marine emblem creators?

Both are covered in chapter-specific icons, and the blood angel terminators are monopose.

There's a definite market for new generic terminators, which I'd hope they'd fill the next time the marines get a book. Alongside things like techmarines and apothecaries.

Oh sweet fucking jesus what.

A 2-shot TEMPLATE weapon with those rules?

I got banned from a GW store facebook page for posting this

it's been on blood angel 'noughts for years, bro

Good, but expensive. Especially since you're dealing with a bog-standard marine.

Photoshop it yourself, then get some of that blank transfer paper and print your own.

is the new painting guide for GSC up anywhere yet?

I didn't see stronghold assault in the mega does anyone know where I can find a copy.

delete this

Why would you put a barrier in front of a barrier so that no one can walk to and stand behind that barrier?

I've asked for 3 generals now user, and have had no response or luck finding it on my own
I think I'll just have to buy the damn thing

>haven't gotten a game in months because killing the overtime at work
>no one responds on my LGS's forum
>they refuse to make a FB Group
>have the money to expand my army but don't want to if I can't get games

This shit sucks, I just want my plastic dudes to kill other plastic dudes. We have 20+ regulars but only three or four other people are using the forum it seems.
I can't make it on Saturdays which is the 40k day.

Anyone else have these feels?

So with all the talk about Hiro closing a lot of boards to cut down traffic and save buttloads of money because at this rate Veeky Forums would get shut down Eventually™ where would you go if Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums did not exist anymore?

biggest beef i have with the book is the macro cannon and vortex missile launcher aren't barrage for some reason. Can't technically automatically fire the missiles because there's no way to draw line of sight from the weapon.

The George Washington Bridge