Can a normal person without augmentation or training use polymorphine?

Can a normal person without augmentation or training use polymorphine?

Are Callidus deformed under their suit since they're never shown out of it?

Do they have any form of "normal" life outside of being an assassin?

How does their suits morph into regular clothes when they shift?

Is there a given reason for the callidus being mostly female?

>Can a normal person without augmentation or training use polymorphine?
Maybe but probably not

>Are Callidus deformed under their suit since they're never shown out of it?
only if you want them to be. 40k is that kind of game.

>Do they have any form of "normal" life outside of being an assassin?
Does anyone in the Imperium?

>How does their suits morph into regular clothes when they shift?
Magic

>Is there a given reason for the callidus being mostly female?
Fetishes

Always wondered how a Callidus inflitrates shit like Eldar or Orks. Would have thought the difference in psychic ability would be a dead giveaway.

it would be very painful

In theory, yes. It's a drug, it'll affect anyone who takes it. How effectively they can use it is another issue.

No and no. Temple Assassins don't really have lives. If they aren't on a mission, they're locked up to continually train their skills.

It doesn't, they have to secure their own clothing and equipment. That said, their suits are pretty much just spray on super-latex. They can probably carry it around fairly discreetly and apply it before battle.

Women find it easier to use polymorphine than men. The exact mechanics behind it aren't gone into.

With Orks or other creatures like Genestealers that radically differ from the human norm, they use subdermal implants and temporary surgeries to complete the disguise. Polymorphine only does so much. Disguising themselves as Eldar would be trickier though for exactly the reason you describe.

>Thicc

>Disguising themselves as Eldar would be trickier though for exactly the reason you describe.
It only needs to work long enough for your assassin to deal damage behind lines or kill a key person. Even if they die in the process or get caught.

HERESY

>RENDEZOUS
>RENDEZOUS
>RENDEZOUS
>RENDEZOUS

oh god that's bad from every aspect

Hey I loved that guy.
What happened to him?

DH2 Enemies Without, pg. 41 §3

>>How does their suits morph into regular clothes when they shift?
>It doesn't, they have to secure their own clothing and equipment.

Except in that comic strip about assassins you clearly see the callidus morphs directly from governor's aide into her full-on callidus mode with her outfit becoming the bodysuit. Also described in the article about a callidus trying to assassinate commander Shadowsun where one of her tau aides suddenly morphs into a callidus.

Yes, my local Callidus assassin makes the sweetest cakes at the bakery.

Didn't a writefag a few months ago write a story about a Callidus getting pregnant with twins on a mission and decided to keep them and raise them?

There's a short story in the Deathwatch anthology that's about this, IIRC.

If a normal person is injected with polymorphine, they're unable to control the shapeshifting and die slowly and painfully.

No, they're super-athletic space ninjas who spend their entire lives training.

No, they're super-athletic space ninjas who spend their entire lives training.

They don't. Their suits are spray-on, however, and the masks are small and easily concealable.

If they need to infiltrate Xenos, they need extensive surgeries that modify their bodies and permanently rob them of their ability to mimic humans.

FPBP
every fucking time

GW says one thing, shows another, writes rules for a third, sculpts a fourth and embellishes the fifth.

All are canon, even then they directly conflict.
Especially if it directly conflicts.

>deformed
They are shape-sifters, you know.
They get to decide on their appearance.

Can yes. But it's almost assured they end up as amorphos blob.

They wear the suit when in a mission, guess what a battle is?
Under it they look however they like, mostly androgyn tho.
I'd think as much as Space Marines, so mostly none.

It does not.

Females tend to handle the drug a bit better. Like with Eldar Banshees that does not mean it's female exclusive.
In the Assassins case shit like gender loses it's meaning pretty fast anyway.

>regular life

Honestly, Callidus could probably survive the best out of any of the assassins if one went rogue, as they're actually trained in socials skills and aren't hopped up on drugs, as well as having the usual stealth training.

Yeah, the Callidus chapter mistress in the HH novel was a regular woman to all appearances and even had a cover job until Malcador forced her to unmask during a meeting along with the other assassinorum leaders. Some of them were implied to even be lovers without knowing who the other was.

the Assassin codex states that Polymorphine transformation requires the user to mentally concentrate on how they want to look in order to change. I think they even used the words 'mind over body' or something similar. The average person would probably have their head explode if they tried it.

It would be extremely painful

What if they're big guys?

If you think about it, it makes sense that they are all "hot" (inb4 we se no face).
You are a woman able to change your appearance.. how would you look?
Is the same for men I guess...

Something completely average and forgettable, you don't want people to know who you arem

- For you

And in the moment you reveal yourself, or you just train at the temple?

Even a big guy can become a small girl with polymorphine

Then it'd probably just take a bigger dose.

I'm pretty sure callidus being female is a genetic thing.
Just like with space marines being male, Polymorphine works a lot better with females.

Wasn't there a story by Ian Watson, where a Callidus Assassin infiltrates a Genestealercult, and faces some problems? Or was that just something that gets parroted endlessly until it becomes sort of true?

Dark Heresy 2e has rules for polymorphine. While, technically, anyone can use it, Callidus Assassins have special implants/training that allows them to approximate a wide variety of beings, whereas an average person can only approximate creatures that are similar to themselves (and probably not very well).

Yes, it detailed her defecation practices because Watson likes scat.

I'm kinda okay with that. Nature calls, even for the servants of the Emperor. It may be some fetish magical realm shit, but whatever. There's far worse on the internet.

why does typhus looks like a fucking tyranid reject?

He's always looked like that.

While we are on the subject of Assassins, what the hell do the Culexus do? I know they make psykers shit their brains out, sometimes literally, but other than that can they hit other targets or are they limited to "go fuck up that psyker" missions?

Also are there any comics or stories about them? tried looking but couldn't find any

They are psychic nulls, and thus invisible to daemons and fuck every psykers shit up. They seem to be great infiltrators as well, as in the Agrellan War a Culexus Assassin managed to get by Tau Bodyguards to murder Spacepope Aun'Va. And they're probably just as skilled as any other assassin in Hand-to-Hand combat and shooting stuff.

They're very, very not good to anything that has a soul. The more connected to the Warp you are the worse they'll fuck you up.

They're also just straight up assassins. So if the massive fucking null-cannon doesn't finish you off they'll probably just shank your ass.

>what the hell do the Culexus do?

Weaponize their souls which are like negative valued souls so if you want to infiltrate a place with no one seeing who was there then you call a Culexus as they'll be like ghosts that drive everyone around them mad.

Daemonifuge has this Culexus being called down to kill Ephrael Stern who is an Emperor-tier psyker, she says something like "His soul was asking for water, I gave him an ocean", cool comic.

>Kills a Culexus standing right next to her with Psyker powers.

I hate this bitch

>His soul was asking for water, I gave him an ocean
He hasn't got a soul. Aint that the entire point.

Clones dont have souls, nulls are just like any other person with a soul just that they give off bad vibes so I dont think that they lack a soul but rather their souls are just in a different frequency which separates them from the warp and maybe produces some interference of sorts with normal people and psykers, if a soul is '1' then a null's soul would be '-1'.

I think I read somewhere that a Psyker or Eldar described one as "a hole in the warp" or something like that.

No, I'm pretty sure that couldn't be more wrong. Clones have souls but they're doomed to bad luck because the Universe hates their existence. Nulls do not have souls and they are explicitly immune to all Psychic abilities that draw on the Warp.

A psyker is +1 and a null is "Fuck you, numbers are for dorks"

It's actually canon, or was, that Callidus Assassins are extremely attractive.

>Using Psyker powers that close to a Culexus

Literally how? The entire fucking point to those guys is to tell psykers to fuck off, no matter how strong.

Well you have shapeshifting powers. Would you not make yourself a total bombshell if you could?

She's a horrendous character who gets away with tonnes of shit that makes no sense. She snuck her way into a Dark Eldar Wych Coven without being discovered until after she had won an arena battle too.

I don't want to spoil it, but Redemption Corps has a callidus infiltrating some xenos.

If you are a strong enough psyker you can have your own harem/army of nulls and not give a fuck.

I wouldn't change that much, I'm pretty attractive.

>Uglets, when will they learn?

>and thus invisible to daemons
Their etherium makes them invisible to EVERYTHING, including electronic/mechanical sensors.

The only downside (beyond them being soul-devouring monstrosities walking aorund in human form) is how extraordinarily rare psychic nulls are. So using and potentially losing them is a huge risk.

>it would be very painful
Callidus are used in infiltration in plain site so it's kind of pointless to use them when infiltration is impossible such as with eldar or where it doesn't matter, like with orks. For Orks send a Vindicaire and he'll just snipe the warboss while laughing at their shit weaponry. For Eldar just send a Culexus and he can literally be invisible to all the other Eldar on the ship while appearing only to his target, making them go insane for seemingly no reason.

It depends on what type of xenos. They don't need to go through surgery to mimic eldar as shown in the inquisition war.

Yeah but you aint as flawless as you could be in their shoes. Nor are you a sexy woman if thats a kink you want to indulge in.

Wouldn't the souls in the infinity circuit or the weird fauna within detect something like that? Or can they transform their soles or something?

Post pics or gtfo

I wish this /v/-tier meme would die.

>universe hates their existence
Stop this meme

Naturally. It's an interesting idea.
No chance, uglet. I don't need you fapping to me.

Apparently not, because the callidus hoe didn't get caught.

Potentially Yes. There are inquisitors and rogue traders who have used the drug.

Maybe. They are extreme polymorphine users. However, their skin under the suit has never been shown. For all we know, they may not have any skin, and merely be
goop in a suit that retains it's form through training.

Maybe. They, like any member of the inquisition, are not constantly involved in a murderous frenzy of killing. Furthermore, their role as infiltrators implies that they spend time reaching their objective before engaging. This may require time.

38,000 years worth of advanced tech.

Latex clad women was some designer's fetish.

If you don't know what you're talking about don't make shit up. An inquisitor fucked one and she was so hot in her normal form everybody wanted get them cheeks.
They aren't goop bitch ass nigga. Fuck you.

Well, "someone" sounds salty today...

Hey all clones and attempts of cloning have all gone horribly wrong or died horribly for sometimes seemingly no reason at all. Conjecture based on events is better then the straight up lie that clones are soulless.

No it's not. Your head cannon passed off as fact is inexcusable.

>what are the Macharius clones

Also Kriegers? Aren't most Kriegers the clones of the few commanders who took back Krieg? They're mopey fucks but I wouldn't say they're "cursed"

DKoK aren't clones. They just aren't naturally born from nuclear family mothers over a period of 9 months like other humans. Whether this means vats, speed grown, rape factories, etc is unspecified.

>Also Kriegers?

Kriegers arent clones, they just speed up pregnancy to have more people faster.

>what was the Afriel soldier project
>Hours clones

Are you sure? I could have sworn SOME of them were clones. Don't they grow people in vats?

Growing a person in a vat doesn't mean they're a clone. That would mean test tube babies are clones.

They are basically test tube babies

Never noticed the assassins where só THICK

They throw some sperm onto an egg then throw that into the vat and in a few months a fully formed Krieger comes out

Ah, I see, the reason they're referred to with numbers is that names are earned with office. I assumed they were stain-serial numbers. They are in fact NOT clones. Thanks.

Nanomachines, son.

It's entirely possible that all their suits are nanomachine hives left from DAoT and polymorphine just allows their bodies to take changes easier than it will be otherwise.

I've always wanted to play a Paranoia game set on Krieg.
>not Krieg! Paranoia, with six freshly decanted test tube soldiers sent to root out heresy and mutants on planet Krieg, follow the incompetent and confusing orders of High Command and THE EMPRAH and trying to hide the fact that EVERYONE IS HERETIC AND MUTANT

>you will never be a good-for-nothing nobleman's daughter forcibly recruited, brainwashed and trained to become a hard-body callidus bitch

Orbital castratus

No. Its extremely painful and fucks your body.

Not in appearance. They have a ton of implants though

No. Even when they're part of a retinue they're always ready and silent.

Not really explained. Originally only the bodies morph, but you can add hologram shit I guess

I dont remember the reason but yes. Maybe polimorphine, maybe more flexible.

Read the Inquision Trilogy by Ian Watson. There's a Callidus character that's extremely important

>hurr durr universe hates things because I say so!
There are a million reasons for why things happen badly in 40k. There is nothing backing your idea, and green texting incidents doesn't further your cause.

Yes, I remember that. Does anyone have a screencap of it still?

>you will never be a good-for-nothing nobleman's daughter

you can go play assassin. I'll stay here and do the decadent party thing.

Nulls are ranked though, in the same way as psykers iirc.

It's seemingly true a lot of the time.

Kriegers aren't really clones, but they don't have what I'd call a good life.

He posts on Deviantart, now.

Man, I remembered that one time with a thread with "what would happen if your parent was a Officio Assassinorum Agent".

And there were some fun moments. And one was a heartwarming one with a Callidus as a single mother (accidents do happen on a mission).