Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Four More Months Till Inferno Edition
At least BaC2 will soon come out Sub-Edition
Just imagine the wait for Book 8.
> R E A D . T H I S . B E F O R E . P O S T I N G

HHG FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

30k TACTICA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Horus_Heresy

Red Books Links: sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg

HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List:
mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List:
mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents):
mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub

Strawpoll links:
strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

also reposting to be pdfied when the guy comes back
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6o7be8UuQA_eDUzbWVrQW9EbHM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uwmeH6Rnj2E
youtu.be/NVx62P6LLPg
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Q5pzWKiI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whoops. Forgot the old bread link

What are the best bitstores in Europe?
The ones I found had only the usual stuff, mostly marine parts. I'm looking to build some mo-fo Dark Magos.

I highly doubt any of us will live to see the day BL and FW do the finale.

Also, is it known what happens to the Abyss class battleship the Blessed Lady during/After the Heresy?
the First got destroyed above Macragge, the Trisagion becomes Lorgar's new Flagship, which leaves the Blessed Lady.

Probably was destroyed by the loyalists, was in an Ahola Snackbar attack by the Word Bearers(99.9999999999% positive on this), or is now a dinosaur because Chaos. That last one is also highly likely.

>It is the year M41
>FW has announced that the final instalment of their HH minature games campaign book has been delayed yet again
>BL releases yet another novel for their HH series that has little to no relation to the overal story, is filled with plotholes and contains retcons of the latest retconning retcons
>all we know is despair
>in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only filler content

One more time : what are people's thoughts about using 20 assault marines with meltabombs that infiltrate or scout to deal with superheavies outside of warlord titans ? And would it be worth giving them combat shields or with no further upgrades, making them a pure Aloha Snackbar unit ?

Why infiltrate them, they can just Deep Strike

Full squad with melta bombs and maybe and apothecary. Anything else is a waste of points after you take care of the one or two danger units.

>My body - like my homeworld - is afflicted. Pain. I embrace it, like Calth must do also.

Hate on the smurfs all you want but Aethon going nuclear has me in a good mood for the rest of the book.

That guys sounds like a founder of the Doom Eagles.

squads can only use one grenade per assault phase now.

Welcome to GWs "get shot or get fucked" meta

20 ass marines with meltas would be expensive as fuck as well as not being that durable, they still suffer from the same problem regular tacs do in that they could get mulched by artillery. Just take a laser vindicator or two instead, it's probably cheaper.

Are they only allowed to attack with one meltabomb per turn?

I thought that was only a draft, so not part of the official ruleset yet...

FW should ignore GW's FAQs.

I think the blessed lady was his flagship in Betrayer and gets destroyed in that

I don't think it was clearly destroyed.

At the better part of 600 points once you buy the apothecary, it's an extremely costly option that could be blown up by heavy shooting, or mulched by a tougher melee unit. Assault squads are probably better off with a melta bomb or fist on the sergeant to deal with typical vehicles, and let other units handle superheavies. Besides, like says, you only get one grenade now.

The chapels broke off, it caught on fire, and the actual blessed lady got saved with DEUS ex machina

450 points for 20 Assault Marines, all with Meltabombs (no other upgrades) and an Apothecary.
They were discounted quite a bit with the advent of The Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List

Didn't she get kidnapped by the guy who'll eventually get killed by Horus right before the duel with the Emperor?

Post what you're working on gaise.
First squad of big boys is almost done, waiting for bits from FW to finish the last three as I ran out of shoulder pads. They still need decals, weathering and details.

Wasn't it the Fidelitas Lex that got destroyed at Nunceria?

Wouldn't a Typhon of your own be cheaper?

with Lascannon Sponsons and Armoured Ceramite it costs 5 points more to take a Typhon.

No I think the guy who killed VULKAN was the one who saved here

Most likely got BTFO by the Phalanx, since you don't compare them to each other several times if you don't have it destroyed

Nah, she was rescued by Damon "I killed Martin Luther King" Prydanis. The guys you are thinking of are Ollanius Pious and John Grammaticus.

I think you're right.

Interestingly, Nuceria was a town raided by Spartacus in real life.

>yfw Big E brings Andrew Jackson back to life to beat Matt to a pulp again

Interesting.

Amazing, they look as dirty as they fight!
In a good way of course.

I am curious if 20 man shield-blobs are any good. Seems like it would provide nice survivability especially if I don't feel like converting a jump apothecary for the same cost in points

Wasn't there a novel where a squad of Iron Warriors helped a dread get back on its feet by tipping it? Was it a boxnaught or not?

Real Iron Warriors would have gotten that Dread back on its feet by digging a trench around it. Complete with razor wire, while being provided with extreeeemely close artillery support.

Cheers.

They just feel too expensive for what you get out of them

They're mobile sure, but what else can they do?

calth's probably got the most consistently good writing of any event in the heresy

I'm glad to be able to say that Corax's arch at least got a "good" ending. I've never liked Thorpe's books, but he did done Weregeld well, his finest work in my opinion. The story's a bit eh at the end, but the gloom and doom mood can be felt throughout.

We'll see once the first drafts are finished or 8th Ed rolls around.

You thought Weregeld had a good ending? I heard it was the biggest asspull in all the Horus Heresy series.

Explain.

We go from how desperate everything seems; with one of the legionnaires even mentioning that punching in through the traitor fleet was the easy part; to somehow evacuating the wolves and themselves without a scratch, thus negating the whole 'doom and gloom' mood

Ah. Thrope's Law strikes again.

That's why the quote marks. It felt like he came too soon and you weren't even close, but he was nice all the while it had lasted. Not that the story was as good as sex, just an analogy.

Are Rhinos with pintle-mounted weapons basically proto-Razorbacks?

I gotcha.

By Malcador's robes what is this black magic?

What do I paint first, hhg: my Red Butchers or 15 Despoilers? I'm feeling indecisive.

RB, simply because you'll finish faster and they'll be flashy. Also, that'll prepare you for 15 Despoilers.
Will you use the Blue & white scheme and sprinkle with blood later?

Fidelitas Lex was destroyed over Nuceria when Guilliman brought his retribution fleet down on the combined Word Bearers-World Eaters forces. The Blessed Lady and the Trisagion (the two Abyss-class ships) apparently made it through the battle just fine.

As far as I know, the Furious Abyss was the only Abyss-class ship that's been destroyed thus far

As for other important ships...

Shadow of the Emperor: Raven Guard flagship, destroyed over Isstvan V

Swordstorm: White Scars flagship, destroyed at Catallus

Red Tear: Blood Angels flagship, probably out of commission at the moment since it crash-landed at Signus Prime and then got towed back to Baal.

All other Legion flagships' fates are currently unknown.

Macragge's Honour: Drifting in the Warp somewhere near the Maelestrom.

Conqueror: Dropped out of the Warp after the Navigator committed suicide due to Daemon-Angron's influence.

Iron Blood: last seen over Tallarn

Hrafnkel: Possibly destroyed in the Wolf Cull

Nightfall: Destroyed at Thramas

>Wolf Cull
What?

Thousand Sons Flagship: Gifted to the Blood Ravens by Magnus before the fall of Prospero

Conqueror got shat on when the navigator killed herself. Probably survived, but badly damaged.

Wasn't the Nightfall destroyed in the final confrontation of the Thramas Crusade?

Entire SW legion came back to Terra after wrecking Thousand Sons.

Got bored sittign around for 5+ years, YOLO'd into traitor fleet and got wreck by everyone

This is how I feel the Word Bearers/Serrated Sun were like when they first encountered Chaos and its power.
youtu.be/uwmeH6Rnj2E

>Entire SW legion
It was hardly half the legion after Alaxxes.

Wouldn't people notice if the Blood Ravens had a 26 km long Flagship with enough guns to solo an entire traitor fleet on its own?

They haven't noticed that they have Perturabo's hammer, nor a suit of Custodes armor, nor the Book of Lorgar.

You can hide those. You can't hide a ship more than twice the length of an Emperor Class Battleship.

No user, not twice the length of an Emperor class. Those are about 6km long, depending on which source you go by. Gloriana class, the flagships of the Legions save for the Abyss class the Word Bearers used? Those were about 20km long. Macragge's Honour? 26km. Iron Blood? 20km.
Try 3-4 times as large. And the Vengeful Spirit is the only one left in the whole galaxy, save another asspull from GW similar to the one they did with volkite.

Emperor Class Battleship is 12 km long. A Lunar Class Cruiser is about 5-6 km long.

Well the idea is that they can deep strike, meaning they are a great add-on for coils of the hydra. Just wondering if deep-strike blobs with nucio-vox support would be better kept cheap or do I give em all shields?

As I say, depending on which source you go with. Retribution class, which in a few sources are said to be comparable to Emperor class, are about 5 1/2km. As far as I can tell, the further back in the old fluff you go, the bigger things get.

What is this.

How would Saint Duncan's dirt weathering video look like in combination with pic related's Istvaan V base on some Iron Warriors?

I am of the stupid today. Forgot both video and pic.

youtu.be/NVx62P6LLPg

Nightfall survived though, in Pharos the NL captain gets teleported there at the end

Kek. I'll shit myself if the Corvidae Cult took the flagship with them when Magnus sent them away from Prospero.
Flagship is power, hide it well.
>Mfw that flagship is the main component if the Judgement of Carrion.

I have never seen Iron Warriors in MkV.

>bane masks
>"big boys"

I see what you did there

For you.

Another 60 for combat shields, 10 for artificer armour and 15 for a power fist on the sergeant, a few power weapons in the squad at 10 points each (is that right?), and I think you might have left out the apothecary's somewhat essential jump pack for another 15.

So now that the Vultarax finally has rules and with the fact that I have some Blight Drone models I'll never use I'm wondering if any of you could tell me if these models are too small for a Vulturax. I converted them a while ago and I'm gonna add some missile launchers and use some of my Mechanicus bits to give them those arc guns to replace the autocannons (heavy arc guns from Kataphrons).

Those controllers kind of ruin this pic for me, but those are drones after all.

I remember someone saying the Vulvarax is like 3 times the size of a blight drone or something.

How do those plague drone conversions compare to blight drones? I've sort of wanted to make some.

Real talk, the Space Wolves are th lamest and edgiest Legion.

Fucking wolftime lmao

Wow, that's huge, considering how the Blight Drone is already this big. And as compared to this picture my Blight Drones are approximately the same size. Why would they make it so huge when it's sort of supposed to be the precursor to Blight Drones?

I'm building Word Bearers but I'm a cheap bastard who wants to buy as little resin as possible.

Would

>Mark II/III bodies from the Chaos tacticals box
>jump packs and pauldrons from the raptors box
>warriors of chaos heads with the horns shaved off(some Mark III helmets look like this canonically)
>chaos marauder axes/hooks
>combi-flamer bits converted into underslung mini-flamers

be acceptable for representing the Ashen Circle?

From Lexicanum:
>The Iron Warriors are also fierce close-range fighters, witnesses comparing their ferocity to the berserkers of the World Eaters traitor legion or the loyalist Blood Angels.
Is this true, though? The only melee boost I know they get is when they deploy with Golg or Perturabo. As for the Ironfire, Fearless only comes into effect when you are having your teeth kicked in (and is traitor-only). So is there a way to improve the IW's choppy game other than taking those two?
>Dantioch, Warsmith
>Kyr Vhalen, Warsmith
>Narik Dreygur, Praevian
>Auric Saxton, Warsmith
>Titus "Moleman" Avvon, Badass Vet Sgt
Lots of loyak
>Tubal Cayne, Knight Errant
Lots of loyal Iron.

IWfags go away and thread dies a slow death, it seems...

You do know there's gonna be a boxset coming up sometime soonish that's gonna have MkIII armor, right?

Sounds more like IW 'ferocity' is more about their willingness to assault the guns while they are still firing, like the WE and BA, rather than a proclivity towards assault.

user, Ironfire isn't traitor only, what are you talking about?

Actually, no IW thing is traitor only.

But nah, I don't think so.

user, don't go full jew and just buy the Ashen Circle models, or find a chinaman that has them. If anything, what you're doing will cost you a lot more than just straight uo buying them.

Possibly referencing the Hammer of Olympia?

>Space Wolves were the coolest legion with the best theme and color scheme and aesthetics until they fucked it up with all the yiff yiff yaff and draping fur everywhere

Fixed.

Booooo. WE get Rage & Hatred while BA get not!FC. IW's isn't ferocity, it's hot-headedness and stubborness.
I guess I misremembered. It was invented by Idriss, a traitor.
>Don't go full jew
My sides. Indeed, , how can you dislike Ashen Circle models? They're worth their chinaman :^) price.
I wouldn't call Disordered assaults a ferocious thing to do.

Ferocious vikings I could live with. Spess Yiffers I don't care about. Russ keeps getting beat up, right? So much for the Emperor's Executioner, can't beat an angry sleep-deprived manlet. Maybe the missing primarchs were Toughness 4 or some shit.

>Maybe the missing primarchs were Toughness 4 or some shit.

Executed for being too weak. That's why Russ was able to do it :^)

By the way:
>Veteran Sergeant Titus Avvon, Warden Officer, Castellum Stronghold Epsilon-V, Paramar Terminus
>Warden officer
>W A R D E N

He was an IRON WARRIOR'S CHAPLAIN?! :DDD

His crozium was probably a shovel.

>Ferocious vikings I could live with. Spess Yiffers I don't care about.
The 3rd edition codex got the balance right. It's fortunate that we had it for like a decade.

>it's sort of supposed to be the precursor to Blight Drones

We don't know that for sure, it's just people looking at the two and deciding one came from the other.

>Russ keeps getting beat up, right?

Welcome to HH. Also, Horus convinced him that he should ignore the Emperor's orders. So not only is he a weak bitch, he's also a massive retard.

It's a good thing I don't give two shits about primarchs and just choose my legions based on what I can do with them visually.

psst...TT rules aren't 1:1 representations of the lore. Even in 30k.

True, it could've just been subconscious coincidence on the side of the designer.

They're literally the exact same shape.

FAGGOT OPS FOR THESE THREADS

Add this link to the title, it's a compilation of HH books

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Q5pzWKiI

So are Defilers Soul Grinders or are Soul Grinders Defilers?