>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/tg/thread/S48025951#p48032389
youtube.com/watch?v=tjbrKseSURU
kissmanga.com/Manga/Yuusha-Gojo-Kumiai-Kouryuugata-Keijiban
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So, who prepared for end of first jump by carrying in your arms as many suitcases and bags as you could to carry out as many goodies as possible?

IIRC (and I probably don't) this largely came in to explain how you get to keep the stuff from the start of the Pokemon jump before the warehouse (as you were supposed to do the warehouse afterwards).

As for how this interacts with companions I have no idea. Companions weren't a thing when this came up initially.

What I generally go with myself is that you keep the stuff on you but it appears in your warehouse at the start of the next jump. That way you can still keep your red hat from Pokemon but you can't game every powerless/warehouseless drawback by wearing your power armour at the end of every jump. It also makes it so you don't accidentally give the game away immediately by suddenly wearing power armour in a setting that doesn't exist in.

I might have played myself.

>New chain
>Jump 5 is Tales of Symphonia
>Meltokio
>Get bored, find and befriend Zelos
>End up partying really hard
>Wake up the next morning to find a lot of the city on fire, the Church of Martel mobilized to keep the peace, an elven woman I don't recognize in my bed, and Zelos hanging upside down from a lamp post right outside, snoring and wearing a 'KISS THE COOK' apron.
>In the chaos and unexpectedness of it all, I forgot to turn off Jumper fertility.
>Spend the remainder of the jump trying to support my young half-elf offspring.

Tales of Phantasia is then jump 6.
>Spend hours screaming at myself for making so many good perks and not being able to take them all
>Meet my first companions
>One of them is a redhead named Rosia Talos.
>She's a rare human who can use the in-setting magic
>Claims to be from a bloodline that descended from a mythical angel that sounded suspiciously like my Trance form
>oh fuck
>She's also chunni as fuck and believes this means she's destined for greatness.
>Cringe-inducing Skits ensue.
>Eventually break the news to her about what I am and what really happened.
>She's devastated and we're not on speaking terms for a while.
>Eventually, we reconcile, and decides she's just going to carve her own path to greatness, while learning about other worlds on the chain.
>She eventually starts calling me 'Dad' or 'Gramps'.

For the unenlightened, Tales of Symphonia and Phantasia are in the same universe, about 1,000 years apart.

Well of course it appears in warehouse. Didn't even think that it would let one game the powerless drawbacks by carrying what they had on themselves into next jump, that would be dumb

How do I stop my pants from squeezing my groin whenever I sit down?

Well done!

Don't wear any.

I tend to compromise. If you're a drop-in, you retain any equipment which would be considered totally mundane by the standards of the setting, but everything else goes Warehouse. If you picked a background, you get nothing. So you can keep your clothes and favorite mundane sword or pistol, but you can't keep that sword you've been building on for five hundred Jumps.

Ah right yeah I read the opposite of what you posted (that you could use it to alleviate powerless drawbacks rather than powerless drawbacks resulting in a mad running around wearing several sets of clothes to take them all with you).

Stop wearing women's pants.

NEVER PLAY YOURSELF.

(Van Helsing) #52
-Background: Mad Doctor (950CP) -THEY CALLED ME MAD! I'll show them all!
-A Sense of Class (850CP) -When slaying monsters, one must be stylish.
-He Who Fights Monsters (550CP) -FUCK VAMPIRES. FUCK WEREWOLVES. The only transformations are one I desire!
-Devilish Deals (250CP) -This seems unusually specific in what it does. It also seems unusually useful.
-Crazed Physician (Free) -Despite my laugh, I DO know how to fix someone up.
-Deranged Alchemist (100CP) (Discount) -OH LOOK, MORE ALCHEMY. Time to include this!
-Variable Accent (50CP) -And now I have FUN.
-Portable Examination Station (-100CP) -I'm... going to need this. Yes. This sudden demonic stuff makes me need this.
-Research Notes (-200CP) (Discount) -Notes on biology is good, but... why do I have to create life?
-Holy Scriptures (-400CP) -I'm going to need all the notes I can, and it seems like the hunters would have good ones.
-All Is Lost (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Free Choice (Venice, Italy), 29 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

Why. Why am I here. Why am I in this bleak, horrible place where vampires and more things are lurking and hunting humans like parasites. This... this will not do. This is absolutely preposterous. This is bullshit. Why is it that others who have turned suddenly feel humans are not worth it, when humans are where they came from?

No. Fuck this. Fuck them. They want to hide in the dark? Then the light of fire shall bring a new dawn. THEY. WILL. BURN.

Question. If you're a symbiote/kamui can you apply Power Amplification from X-men to your host?

Clothes are for the unfabulous.

Loinclothes are clothes too user. Take'm off.

This is me at end of powerless jumps now

Something akin to Pic Related. Twas fun.

I'd breath but that would stop my laughter.

1. 2. I get away with it because I have some serious tailoring skills.

I remember someone talking bout doing something to beat the Light of Terra in this way. It was something like the fact that so many world's had powerless drawbacks that the guy created Xanato's Gambit where he always slept his last day in a suit of barely modern clothes so as to avoid tech and power nerfs and have something to work with in the next Jump. I think the gear he was wearing were guns, a sword, and a bulletproof coat from Blade or something.

Git Gud. Pic Related.

Dimensional Mana from Fall From Heaven, or an Undetectable Extension Charm from Harry Potter.

This is the proper use of +0 tie in drawbacks.
Good show Heavens. Good show.
Although I guess that means you didn't take your half elf kid with you?

I would, but you know, blue board and all that.

Couldn't. No pods or companion options.

I felt absolutely awful about it, but they obviously lived long enough to have descendants. I guess that's reassuring.

I guess.

I think Babs actually said we had access to a basic modern set of kit in LoT if we had it generally and I always assumed that included stuff in the warehouse.

You know he reminds me of sonic in this picture.

Your kids and your companions kids are by default allowed to come with you.
Same with anyone you make yourself.
Unless you're playing without that rule I guess?
It makes a better story this way so it's understandable.

You know that your kids can automatically become full companions right?

>By default
No, not default. That's not a rule and never has been. The creator simply said he wasn't going to go into it one way or another. Don't claim it's a rule when it isn't.

Its a rule. In the same way optional mass combat rules are rules.
You can either use it or not. But it still counts as a ruling.

I mean, this wasn't exactly a happy relationship and was born of a night of poor decision making. They were also, like...nine by the time the jump was over. And his mother didn't really like me much. At all. I had no harem or charisma perks to speak of.

Half-Elves are treated like absolute garbage in Symphonia, especially Tethe'alla, so the most I could do was make sure they had a secure future when I was gone, especially finding a place they could stay safely. I didn't want to take them along, especially with the mother's (understandable) concern of me disappearing off with her...our child off to parts unknown.

It made a better story this way, anyhow.

I guess? As long as it's not a full fusion. Iunno, that's a little bit of a gray area.

>Kars
>Sonic the hedgehog
What?

Can I be a student at the French school rather than hogwarts, in the HP jump?

This is why early jumps are some of the most interesting.

My current jumper is like 130+ jumps in and he's at the point where he would apparently just abandon the kid to his fate but would actually just be a really shitty passive-supportive dickhead with his long-term precognition and keikaku prowess.

Walk in and act like you belong there. Shoot in the knee anyone who challenges your claims. Turn your nose up at their suffering while sipping wine. You'll fit right in.

I see it.

Your mother was a house elf, and your father smelt of boom berries!

Find a jump with a free gender-swap option.

No, it really doesn't. It's rule in the sense "I don't know and I don't want to deal with any fuss" is a rule, which is to say it's not at all. It's a fanwank and nothing more. Popular one but don't pretend it's more.

It's not likely to be very useful anyway, considering W40K weaponry.

Not as it stands to start with but I imagine you could transfer.

Too much stuff would have to be changed (e.g. you get a perk based on your Hogwarts house), we don't know nearly as much about Beauxbatons and it probably isn't as important a decade in France as it is in Britain (because no Voldemort).

I've put a little bit of thought into a Fantastic Beasts jump though where you get the choice of starting as either an adult or child wizard (with an extended timeline) with either a history in or place at one of the various schools. Figure there's going to be less content so may as well include more of the stuff from Pottermore. It's all down to if someone else makes the jump first/there's a jump actually worth me making out of the coming movies though.

down with pants, up with kilts.

What are some good ways for healer builds to defend themselves?

When exactly does the jump start? The day you get the letter, the day you arrive at hogwarts...?

That's true for most of the parts but IIRC (and once again probably not) Babs also said that the level of technology on the ship has descended into people hitting each other with metal bars and maybe muskets or something. Some of the factions have other bits and pieces (flamers on the Ogryn type guys for instance) but it's patchy and for some of it bulletproof stuff will help.

Seems roughly supported by the fact you find the actual guardsmen shit at the start of Part II.

Makes it very useful for surviving the first part if nothing else.

In your professional, jump-making opinion, how many centuries of incomprehensible deeds do we need to have performed in order to make the Sorting Hat start screaming?

Get a defense-specialized Stand.

Chroma Squad.
Or just go D&D cleric since it means you're a better fighter than the fighter if you buff up.

Inverse Healing. I cast Cancer/Organ Failure/Hypertension on you.

>not pacifist route

Miracles and faith based offensive powers.

I keep getting reminded that I want a Generic Adam Sandler jump, but then I remember that I haven't actually watched many of his movies because I don't like them.

The Amulet of God's Favoured from Neverwinter Nights.

waktf

July 24th 1991. It's the first line in the opening.

It's actually after you get the letter which I'm thinking about changing as it's a bit of a senseless missed opportunity. I'm sort of robbing people of the chance of receiving the letter.

I think as the jump is set out it just screams out whatever house you chose which is sort of funnier as it'll probably spend the next century or so occasionally thinking "Why on earth did I shout Gryffindor? He was clearly a Slytherin... and I don't think he was a child."

Not until the Generic Nicolas Cage Jump.

>Generic Adam Sandler jump
How would that even work? Would all his movies be set in the same world? Would there be a bunch of Adam Sandler clones walking around doing stupid jokes?

Same question, though National Treasure might make a nice jump.

>How would that even work? Would all his movies be set in the same world? Would there be a bunch of Adam Sandler clones walking around doing stupid jokes?
Yes, and yes.

>Drawback where literally everyone in the world is Adam Sandler
>Boosted version where that includes the jumper

>Adam Sandler is, ironically, not offered as a purchasable companion

>It was clear what we had to do, this "Jum-Pah" was a deadly blight upon the land.
>We had to end his reign and free the townsfolk from his control, after all no peasant would live happily under his reign.
>Thus we struck his vile fortress, its dark walls manned by fell skeletons and foul monsters.
>Here and there we found humans ensnared by his foul magic but we let them live.
>For every room, there were countless monsters, for every step, countless traps.
>But we endured. Soon there was only the throneroom left.
>But this Dark Lord is a crafty one, we expected him in his awful splendor but instead we find a young woman leafing through some papers.
>It is clear that he has caught on and fled before our righteous wrath. We were left with no choice but to continue our hunt elsewhere.

Moral of the story: Look the part of a Evil Overlord or else you'll get "rescued" by adventurers. And that's how I became a NPC.

>generic Adam Sandler Jump
Backgrounds: Manchild Hero, Surrogate Mommy Girlfriend, Asshole Villain, and what are you even doing here!? Run, and save yourself while you skill can! (Otherwise known as drop-in)

I'd be down for a Gone in Sixty Seconds run.
Admittedly only so I can steal Eleanor from under Nic's nose.

>Sorting Hat senses the inhuman evil
>Learning from his mistake with Tom he Avadakedavras you on the spot.

>How would that even work?
You'd be strapped to a chain in a room with jumpchan for ten years forced to watch his movies over and over again. You lose if you lose your mind instead of dying.

They're all basically the same movie anyway, so odds are its just the exact same story happening in every geographically distinct subset of the world.

>Turns out Jumpchan loves Sandler
>Laughs at all the jokes
>If you say anything bad about him, she docks 100 CP off of all future jumps

Konata?

anyone knows what happened to the arpeggio of blue steel jump?

>Find Anger Management Adam Sandler. Fuck up Jack Nicholson's plans because entrapment isn't cool. Especially when he's apparently bought the entire legal profession in his state.

There are a lot of stupid plots I could fuck with there.

You know, given that Jump-Chan supposedly watches jumpers because they entertain her and what a lot of jumpers get up to, I wouldn't actually be surprised.

Should be in WIPs I think.

Holy-type offensive spells if JRPGs have taught me anything.

>Look the part for an evil overlord
See, you'd think that, but I've noticed that heroes tend to not hold back if you look like a monster or evil overlord. I fend the best solution is to take the middle ground, just intimidating enough for my enemies to realize who I am while looking "human" enough so that they don't immediately go on the whole "Smite evil monster" thing. This works great when I'm trying to infiltrate my enemy's camp and I can tone down the fear factor, and is even more effective when combined with the classic "Evil is Sexy" trope.

It never got out of the WiPs folder.

Found the conversation that I was remembering. Here, warosu.org/tg/thread/S48025951#p48032389 it was actually a lot more amiable to than I remember.

The situation within the Light of Terra devolved over the years. The Tribes are somehow in balance even though the Wargars have gun powder and the others have hints of other stuff, like the Not-Tech-Priests and Not-Guardsmen.

Not until the Generic David Cage Jump.

Where'd they get healing powers from that doesn't also allow them to acquire defensive skills? At least ensure they have some weapon proficiency if nothing else.

It's in the WIP folder because I have to re-balance it. You can jump it as-is, but be aware I will be significantly changing it at some unspecified point in the future.

>How would that even work? Would all his movies be set in the same world? Would there be a bunch of Adam Sandler clones walking around doing stupid jokes?
His movies are already all set in the same world. No need to change anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=tjbrKseSURU

Question.

Is it me or is Hero Message Board quite a bit like Jumpchain, except we are less in character

City of Heroes Defenders are OP.

Jump 6: Jurassic Park

Background: Dinosaur – Acrocanthusaurus (100)

SAPs: Life Finds a Way (Free) - So, uhh. Yeah. That's a thing.
Chaos Theory (100) - Whoo technobabble!
Fitness (100) - This motherfucker lifts. Do you?
Shoot Her, Shoot Her (200) - I must admit to a weakness for dakka perks.
Soundtrack (100) - and also soundtrack perks
Clever Girl (100) - Never a bad idea to ensure you stay human-minded.
Thundering Roar (100) - All shall fear my voice.
Companion Import (400) - Have to bring along the senpai of course.
Hacker (100) - I need a decent hacker perk this early in the game.

Drawbacks: Jurassic World (+200) - Honestly, it's more for the (fanwanked) time skip than anything else.
Fat Slob (+100) - I will be the fattest dinosaur.

>>So Elsa, anything interesting happening in the park lately?
>Well, Elise sneezed on that journalist. Again. Lowery is still pissed about the cameras. Wu is working on reviving Troodons. Clair think you-
>>Wait, back up. Did you say Troodon? As in "small late Cretaceous predator?"
>Well, yeah. He says it shouldn't be too-
>>Kill him.
>What? Why?
>>I like my island way too much for it to be burnt to the bedrock because Troodon got loose. Either make a Wu-sicle or I will do so. Messily.
>Surely they can't be that bad?
>>Oh you sweet summer child. Remember when we watched Alien? Imagine a Xenomorph crossed with a velociraptor. But worse in every respect. That's a Troodon, even before Wu's gene fuckery.
>...Yeah, getting on that.

And thus Henry Wu froze to death on a tropical island. Damn shame or something.

Is there any rule about nationality?

Christ I immediately thought of Louis Wu and thought you guys had gone and made a full Ringworld jump already.

What is Hero Message Board? Google ain't making sense.

The thought of JP staff trying to get a chubby dinosaur who is actually a jumper in shape for the tourists amuses me.

It is kinda. Its all about people who are heros meeting up to talk to and about and help others being heros. Also people rarely if ever meet in person.

Also I like the old immortal heros who lurk and only show up to bum gifts off friends. Also forest sage is basically a jumper with his bad ideas.

>Also forest sage is basically a jumper with his bad ideas.
Tell me more.

kissmanga.com/Manga/Yuusha-Gojo-Kumiai-Kouryuugata-Keijiban

Hey, to whoever's making Spider-man jump. Just want to let you know I still believe in you!

Shhh no spoilers just read. You will enjoy it. Go here.

They tried. Oh yes they tried. But motivating a six ton death machine that REALLY likes being comfy to move is not going to be an easy endeavor. That goes triple for a Jumper that just wants to be militantly lazy for the first time in seventh years.

What the fuck is up with this new Captcha? Fucking connect the dots I swear

Nah. No more than in any other jump.

I think someone mentioned wanting to be Malfoy's boorish American cousin and I okayed it a while back. At least I assumed they were going to be boorish.

What jumps have evil waifus? I'm doing an evil chain, but I still want companions.

It literally is Jumpchain board

Both Overlord jumps have pretty good options.

So is there enough time for me to pull of shenanigans and go to the French school?

Yeah should be doable.

Incredible. This guy is fucking great

Lovecraft

Excellent. Thanks.

Veela here I come!