dzc-ffor.com/
solomonder.com/scoldzap/

>dropfleet preorder, showing prices and lotsa pics
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

>All currently leaked photos of the DFC rulebook, courtesy of the facebook group and multiple anons
imgur.com/a/i48YR

>DFC ship stat pics
dropbox.com/sh/ci1w3beqaeu5nca/AADismn1gX0dYWShk45csdRca?dl=0

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Initial Topic of the Thread: Now we've seen most ship stats (see new link in summary) have you changed your mind how you'll build your models? Are there any ships you like the a e s t h e t i c s of enough that'll you'll build them despite their rules?

>Are there any ships you like the a e s t h e t i c s of enough that'll you'll build them despite their rules?
Gonna build one of each ship, regardless of the stats. Can't not try everything at least once.

And besides, people get too wrapped up in efficiency vs. points. Gets depressing after a while.

JUST BUILD AND PLAY WHAT YOU WANT AND DAMN THE TORPEDOES.

>Now we've seen most ship stats (see new link in summary) have you changed your mind how you'll build your models?
I'll be magnetizing everything to the utmost extreme, so not really.
>Are there any ships you like the a e s t h e t i c s of enough that'll you'll build them despite their rules?
I absolutely adore the Hector, but after the past two threads I don't think I'll be using it all that much, unless it does turn out to be secretly decent for some reason.

I'm generally still set for the build I was going to go for, the one exception is that I'm now conflicted as to whether go Ifrit or Hydra for one of my Scourge Cruisers.

On the one hand, Launch Capacity 5, but on the other Furnace Cannons.

For the rest, pretty much set: Basilisk, Chimera and a pair of Gargoyles, 2x Stryx's and a trio of Djinns, and 3 of probably those bombardment Frigates. But what to do with that last cruiser?

Luckily the ships I like are all viable.

>Now we've seen most ship stats (see new link in summary) have you changed your mind how you'll build your models?
Rethinking whether to take as many strike carriers as the launch cap allows. The extra points add up and do start restricting the rest of the list. Also the shenlong, not feeling like it brings enough extra firepower over a sphinx, and a basilisk/akuma isn't that much more expensive for battleship shooting and a full cloak.

The azurite light cruiser. I don't think it's a bad ship, but for slightly more points you can add another mothership which has the same shooting plus the ability to deploy troops. But I love the model.

>dat op pic
Resistance cannot into space.

Yeah, sorry about that. To be honest I made the image so I could compare the ground and space models for each faction side by side.

>49626727

I like it.

It is better this way though. Some trolll would come to start the squatting argument.

Amen sister.

>UCI are the only ones with differing paint schemes.

>Some trolll would come to start the squatting argument.
it's not even an argument tbqh, it's just a joke

>what are Scourge

So St Petersburg

More firepower than a Avalon (12 potential damage verse 8)
Costs significantly less (40 points)

Cons
Major Spike Instead of a Minor one for after ultra kill
-2 DP

Thoughts?

Best ship, coming through.

Avalon can turn and shoot

Avalon can clear its minor spike by just shooting on normal orders

Actually, on standard orders, the Avalon isn't penalized by its spike. Unless it's using course change or station keeping, or is otherwise prevented from losing a spike, bloom doesn't matter.

The Avalon also has a much better chance of getting a crit in the first roll, cascading all the way to the end, while the Berlin has its 4 dice split into 2 profiles and would possible go to the 2nd or even 3rd roll without getting crits.

St pete can't manœuvre as easily to line up its uber shot either.
I think both are good, but the avalon requires less skill to get the most out of it

>Actually, on standard orders, the Avalon isn't penalized by its spike.
And this extends to all ships with bloom, such as the Heracles and Diamond, as well.*

I think the fact the Avalon can make a turn to line up its F(N) laser is huge. The Moscow has to go weapons free to really be effective, and it can't make a turn when doing that.

I see thanks anons! I was curious as to what the catch was. I didn't realize bloom is canceled by standard orders.

Really, I think the only way the Pete is going to get its shot off is if you have it as your first activation that turn, while also having its battlegroup being a minimal strategy rating; if you're lucky and your target is in a big battlegroup, such as a battleship, you'll win the activation comparison and will be able to go weapons free if you lined up the shot last turn, generally by going after your intended target.

Aight lads, seeing as how we get this question once or twice every thread or so, I think it's time we made a FAQ for the OP about DZC/DFC; The Colonial Legionnaire's Informative Handbook, if you will.

So far, I'm thinking that it will need to include:
>the summarized story so far, with spoilers for phase 1 and 2
>a description of the primary mechanics and draws of DZC; along with pertinent hobby information such as cost
>the factions and their playstyles in DZC
>a description of the primary mechanics and draws of DFC; along with pertinent hobby information such as cost
>the factions and their playstyles in DFC

Is there anything else that should be included, or anything that should not be included?

If you take a Hector and a Perseus in the same fleet you have to wear a dunce cap

How the game can be played together.

Seems pretty reasonable for an FAQ. Maybe a buyer's guide to DZC, with one planned for once we've logged some hours on DFC? Something to suggest some early competitive buys that are faction mainstays (Katanas, a Ferrum, Valkyries, Apollos, Destroyers, lots of intruders, Dreamsnares and the like)

What if you take just one Hector, or just one Perseus?

giving the baselines a fighting chance

Sounds good, I'll get to drafting it tonight

I dunno, I quite like the Minos as well. It feels like one is more dangerous on the approach whilst the latter is more deadly when he gets there.

Visually though, I have to say out of all the BB's I prefer the Scourge ones best.

>Visually though, I have to say out of all the BB's I prefer the Scourge ones best.
Absolutely; on a semi-related note, while the Basilisk has to be my favorite BC, I really wish its occulus Phalanx looked more like the ones on the Daemon, rather than the ovoid pods they are now.

Is there any fluff about how the dark matter cannon operates?

In all honesty, I wish they had kept the ability for weapons to split their attacks between multiple targets; it seems much more flavorful and interesting tactics wise.

You could use a Manticore instead, they're both very good ships.

It shoots matter that doesn't intact with the rest of the observable universe really fast.

>It shoots matter that doesn't intact with the rest of the observable universe really fast.
It doesn't interact with the electromagnetic spectrum, not the rest of the observable universe, you utter plebe.
If it didn't interact with the universe, it wouldn't be a source of mass and gravitation, let alone would we have been able to detect it.

>If it didn't interact with the universe, it wouldn't be a source of mass and gravitation, let alone would we have been able to detect it.

Has that actually been proven? I can never remember what stuff is still theoretical and what isn't.

It hasn't been "proven" per say, because all we know about dark matter is that it has mass, and is a significant portion of the universes' mass. It's "dark" because we don't know what it is, only that we can't see it via EM measurement.

It's only observable effect is indirect.

>it's
How embarrassing.

Tl; dr: sci-fi buzzword attached to supergun profile. Its got a fancy name, that means it's dead killy.

Correct.

>next UCM command unit with be the Chromia class orbital relay base; it will be a stationary unit that must be taken in an Albatross
>Scourge will get more things to stick in the Raider, as well as another big walker to be carried in by the Harbinger
>PHR will get the Type 5, whatever it is
>Shaltari will get some kind of flying command unit, and possibly a 9-mass superunit to compete with the Ferrum and Hades
Calling it now

The dropfleet rulebook says "the exotic weapons physics are still largely unknown to the UCM"

So no there is no fluff yet.

One theory about dark matter is that dark matter is made up of microscopic neutral black hole 'atoms'. So the dark matter cannon could be firing a stream of microscopic black holes that shred ships into swiss cheese on the atomic scale.

UCM weapons fire 'bullets' or 'rockets' or 'la-zors'. Presumably each railgun shot is etched with a small street name from Earth's vast suburbs, or possibly a delightful corner deli that went out of business when it's owner got horribly plasma bombed.

Meanwhile, the PHR fire weird ultra-turbo scifi energy juice at things because they can.

>sappers
>thunderwagons
>memehed
What is this shit, what the fuck do i do with this shit.
also how do i Jessie Adams Veeky Forums

Is the Atlantis worth it?

It sounded good before, but now that I think about what am I getting by taking a multirole ship in this case. It isn't getting a benefit from going weapons free over a Moscow and is painting a target on itself.

Its like I want my carriers alive spawning more and more fighters not unloading all their weapons so why bother with this?

What do you all think?

>sappers
look at 3 things in the game and say, yea, that explodes
>thunderwagons
HAHA MISSILE FUCK YOU
>muhameds
Demo Hannibals

Memheds are building murders. They function like hannibals for the most part, but two can do like 20 DP on a building in a single turn.

Sappers aren't so hot. If you got the points a base isn't bad because of infiltrate, but their limited weapons and price make them duds. Only one of their bombs is any good (the area L one). The others are better replicated elsewhere.

Thunderwagons. 36 range area M at E 11, for cheaper than sappers. These guys are better.

The Atlantis is a brawler. It can use those fighters as extra PD for CAW immunity or bomb shit.

>Implying the PHR BT lasers don't fire superheated streams of protein shake
>Broadsides fire different sizes of hand weights, based on the caliber
>Torpedoes are giant shrapnel bombs loaded with thousands upon thousands of lmao5plate

PHR is Veeky Forums in space, and it's god damned terrifying.

Remember that you can launch in addition to whatever else you're doing unless you run silent, the Atlantis is pretty sweet because it can either poop out its own fighters or be slamming bombers into vulnerable enemy assets.

Also I assume the cost to upgrade a Moscow to an Atlantis is less than the cost of a full carrier. If you have the points, why not?

Then there's the Bellerophon...

I don't think the UCM really has anything carrier-like other than the New York. So far all I have seen are launch 3(Atlantis/Seattle) and 5. UCM looks like it will be very flexible in what you use where and can support other ships if they themselves are not in imminent danger.

A Moscow to Atlantis is 30 points I believe. A Seattle fleet carrier with the same launch capacity is about 135

Different ship, different role, different weight class

>Its a Seattle that swapped the utility of its heavy guns for a cobra.

>UCM cruiser armed with a heavy MIRV launcher
>4+ lock, 2d6 attacks, 1 damage, front arc; critical hits take 3 PD saves to nullify, non-criticals takes 2

>Scourge cruiser armed with a mauler device
>4+ lock, 4 attacks, n damage, front arc; the damage of the weapon is equal to the number of successful hits.

>PHR light cruiser with support drone bays
>adds a lock 4+, attack d6, damage 1, CAW to all friendly ships within scan range (including itself), no weapons otherwise; can stack

>Shaltari heavy cruiser armed with distortion array
>3+ lock, 1 attack, 2d3 damage; any ships destroyed by this weapon automatically suffer a Distortion Bubble explosion event

And an extra launch

Better launch assets

And more HP

And better scan

>3+ lock
>2d3 damage
>1 attack

If it wasn't so easy to shoot down it would just be a better unlimited use torpedo

>shoot down
wut?

I was assuming it was CAW

If it's not, it's literally just a reusable torpedo but with even more damage.

>If it's not, it's literally just a reusable torpedo but with even more damage.
Torpedoes are lock 2+, 1 attack, and a flat 6 damage bruh.

>3+ lock, 1 attack, average damage of 4, hits anything in sig+scan instantly, can be fired every turn, makes destroyed ships damage other ships

>2+ lock, 1 attack, 6 damage, takes multiple turns to impact, can be shaken on a 6+ by maneuvers, one use only

>180 pts vs 132pts
>PHR Heavy Cruiser traits vs UCM Cruiser traits
>MUH BOMBERS

Can plug a jakarta right in there and still cost less. Still functionally identical to a Seattle with a BTL.

>former is an average damage of 2 per shot, accounting for lock and armor, while the latter is 4
In any case, it was just a silly post of silly weapon concepts, I'm not even going to attempt to defend it.

So it's a Seattle except for literally everything

>the Atlantis is just a Seattle with too many guns
>the New York is just a Seattle with torpedoes
>I could fit so many Jakartas with my Seattle for how much a New York costs

>tfw 4 days remaining until I actually start getting properly worried about my ships
HAWK
PLEASE

Same 3+ armor save, same signature, 8"vs7" thrust, 3 hullpoint difference. Same BTL.

>Its a Seattle stapled to a Rio you dumbass.
>New York is Super Sayian Seattle
>You are goddamn right I could

Frogposters, not even once. Seriously though, it was originally about the merits of the Atlantis and PHR Bomber Boner popped up.

>that filename
Righteous allegory, breh.

PHR military culture probably lives and breathes on a steady diet of Iliad references.

>same BTL

You know if UCM had a BTL carrier it would be nearly auto take right

>bomber boner

But that's a decent chunk of why PHR carriers cost more. It's a legitimate point for why they're different.

Like I get that bomber posters are annoying but being contrarian isn't going to solve anything.

I fucking wish I had a Seattle with a cobra

1.77 damage on average versus 2.7 average for a BTL that can easily spike up to 6, fuck man it's no contest

>>Broadsides fire different sizes of hand weights, based on the caliber
>implying its not depleted uranium barbells

>Thinking the Furnace cannons high damage mode is useless, roll it out just to see what could happen
>mfw I get 2 crits in the first roll and proceed to deal 6 crit damage
Okay, I can see the appeal of the higher max damage mode, even if it isn't going to actually happen like that usually.

>You know if UCM had a BTL carrier it would be nearly auto take right

Of course, having that and the Seattle would be strong as fuck seeing as they are only Cruisers. It is probably why Seattle is rare in the first place.

Yes it doesn't fix anything but it is better than them jerking themselves off so much.

>Seattle is rare

Not anymore

>better than them jerking themselves off

Don't make us UCM look any worse than we already do

This gets more absurd the more I think about it.

>PHR bridge
>Every control lectern is a different exercise machine
>Engineering is hundreds of cardio bunnies on ellipticals
>Galley is nothing but protein powder raw meat
>Captain's Chair is a squat rack
>Everyone is screaming about gains
>NON-SWOLE, 12 O CLOCK
>APPLY THE OATS BRAH, BRING US ABOUT

My god I'm a child but I can't stop giggling.

RACK THOSE ROUNDS, BRO

>reloading cannons isn't automatic, but rather manual, powered by chest press machines
>aiming is done via cable flies
THE PRE-WORKOUT SHAFT TO THE GUNNERY LEVEL IS DAMAGED BREH, GET IT RUNNING AGAIN OR NONE OF US WILL SEE ANOTHER PR EVER AGAIN

>Not anymore

Wulp seems I have missed some vital info

>The PHR vessel "You'll Make It Brah", captained by the divine form of Captain Chuck Blastfist
>May his form grace you all
>So Gain We All

>Don't make us UCM look any worse than we already do
Don't get so worried, primitive. You couldn't look any worse than the PHR if you tried.

my soul has been touched by the light of
A E S T H E T I C S

>Mote of Dust
>God's Eye
>Apotheosis
>Will and Wonder
Post PHR ship names

>Golden Ratio
>Sophia Ex Sphaîra
>Euclidean Axiom
>Heisenberg's Muse

Speaking of muses, my Vallejo surface primer came in today and I'm ready to paint some practice Dropzone dudes. Is this something I can brush on thin by hand, or am I going to clog details with anything rougher than an airbrush?

As long as you're careful to not glop it on, painting by hand or by spray can will be just fine.

>Diomedes's Fury
>Rage of Achea
>Pentithesilea's Tits
and of course the flagship
>Jupiter's Cock

>mfw imagining a warehouse full of every DFC ship in that same scale

>10mm scale Beijing

>The smooth hulls of the PHR cruisers
>The massive turrets of the UCM battleships
>The organic, almost life-like appearance of the Scourge

>Some Shaltari shit in the corner

It's the best, user.

This of course flies in the face of everything we know about black holes, but sure.

>all those over sized shipgirls
They're just waiting for their admirals boys.

>O-oh. Admiral-sama, you look so handsome in your uniform. A-are we going into battle?
>The other ships have been talking about their admirals, but they know you're the best, just like I do.
>P-please, give me my orders, tono. I need a firm hand to keep me in line.
>Ooh. It's been so long since you really put me through my paces, Admiral-sama. My guns are a little stiff. Would you work them up for me? I want them to be nice and warm for you.

>you'll never console little Tokyo and shower her in love despite her lack of popularity
>never watch her face light up as she blows the absolute shit out of 2 sectors
>never cheer her on as min maxers use her as their bombardment and their cheap battleship to accompany a New York

Why even live, user?

Why even live.

So guys, I'm lookint at expanding my scourge army. Got a shit ton of hunters already and I'm looking at picking up some slayer heavy tanks. Is the difference in speed really that bad? Are they worth it in a 1500 point list?

UCM dreadnought with 4 Cobra lasers when

Slayers have started popping up in a few lists, but you really want them with an overseer. Thing makes them brutal with 4 E 10 shots each, or a bit of range on those guns to kite better. Otherwise they're a little too expensive for a little too fragile a body.